PDA

View Full Version : What a season opener....

boltonblade
05-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Great game today. Heart in mouth at times towards the end.
Shout outs to Blackman - the keeper I wasn't sure about and Basham - the player I didn't think was good enough.
After today I stand corrected. Let's see if it continues.
I do still believe we need a quality striker. Fast and clinical.
Buzzing after that win!

blades58
05-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Great game today. Heart in mouth at times towards the end.
Shout outs to Blackman - the keeper I wasn't sure about and Basham - the player I didn't think was good enough.
After today I stand corrected. Let's see if it continues.
I do still believe we need a quality striker. Fast and clinical.
Buzzing after that win!

Echo that BB

Thought we tired towards the end, but kept going

Got lucky with their sitter miss but hey ho

You can see the difference in pace stepping up to this division but as I keep saying, respect the opposition, but don't fear them

Would like to see the disallowed goals again. Where they both offside?

GuancheBlade
05-08-2017, 05:29 PM
We need more pace/strength at centre half and up top. We do that and anything is possible this season.

And is it just me or is Lundstram even slower than Dean Hammond?

bulmer1889
05-08-2017, 05:34 PM
One in front of kop I'm pretty sure keeper touched it onto post so I think it should have stood,it's a difficult job things happen so quick I hope they show both of em as well as Brentford's cross bar challenge

bulmer1889
05-08-2017, 05:36 PM
We need more pace/strength at centre half and up top. We do that and anything is possible this season.

Probably all the Oxford fans said he lacked pace but that's not what his game is about so I'm led to believe

seanbeanstattoo
05-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Only weak link for me was Coutts. Slow and does nothing defensively. Early days. Basham awesome,Clarke and Sharp superb,Carruthers brilliant as was Stevens.
We looked knackered second half and rode our luck. Great keeping by the new lad. Great result and learning experience. Wilder knows what we need to do to step up. Great interview post match.

GrayBlade
05-08-2017, 05:48 PM
A great team from start to finish. I think Brentford are a very decent team but we handled it well.

Basham MOTM for me just ahead of Caruthersm and well played to Blackman, Stearman and Stevens, very good debuts. I think the early save settled Blackman, Stevens looks class. All the lads gave everything though, I can't fault anybody, as coaches say these days, they left absolutely nothing on the pitch.UTB.

charliejoejohn2
05-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Great game of football. Great result. Think Brentford will feel they deserved a point but it's a well done United!!

GrayBlade
05-08-2017, 05:53 PM

Let's give Lundsrum time to settle GB, There was somebody on S24 him off and likening him to Hammond last week after only 45 minutes. He's only been with us just over a week, he's a young player on the up and it could be a few weeks before we see the best of him. It's not al about once mate, it's his we use him and even TC didn't gave much.

seanbeanstattoo
05-08-2017, 06:16 PM
No, Brentford are rubbish. As bad as Preston, to be honest. You'll find out more about Division 2, very soon. Enjoy your moment in the sun, it won't last very long! XD

F U C K OFF SPAMMING PIG C U N T.
Mind the gap you sp a st ic.

toronto_blade
05-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Haha that is so funny Brentford expected to finish top six, Preston a favorite for relegation according to bookies but hey the pigs know better the bookies are never right.What was the pig score again.
No, Brentford are rubbish. As bad as Preston, to be honest. You'll find out more about Division 2, very soon. Enjoy your moment in the sun, it won't last very long! XD

charliejoejohn2
05-08-2017, 06:42 PM
PiGNORE!!

toronto_blade
05-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Poor pigs pressure on now lose the next one and they will implode.

seanbeanstattoo
05-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Pigtalk in meltdown. S h i tt ing themselves about us.

GrayBlade
05-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Porktalk already has imploded Toronto. So much unrest, infighting and bitching. It's a joy to behold.

blades58
05-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Porktalk already has imploded Toronto. So much unrest, infighting and bitching. It's a joy to behold.

and what's all this bollox with Djorou?

All creaming their pants this morning. Howson and the Stir reporting he'd signed. Now reporting it's fell through

Pigs becoming more tinpot by the day it seems

seanbeanstattoo
05-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Pennyless b a s t a rds. Chancer is getting the exit strategy in place.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
05-08-2017, 07:26 PM
I read either on here or S2 that Lundstram was like the Adkins wage thief,dont want to say his name.

I can see why the comparison would be made,me myself i was not impressed by him,he did look like fish out of water,i know its his first part/game so will not hammer him,and hope he gets his game up to speed,thats my only dissappointment from today.

FatherKnowsBest
05-08-2017, 07:31 PM
and what's all this bollox with Djorou?

Got the same travel agent as Semedo...

GrayBlade
05-08-2017, 07:45 PM
I read either on here or S2 that Lundstram was like the Adkins wage thief,dont want to say his name.

I can see why the comparison would be made,me myself i was not impressed by him,he did look like fish out of water,i know its his first part/game so will not hammer him,and hope he gets his game up to speed,thats my only dissappointment from today.
Like I said Chippy, he was preparing for League 1 with Oxford 10 days ago mate. He's only had 2 subs appearences so let's cut the kid some slack buddy. Remember how Basham stuck it to em season, hopefully he'll do the same.

bulmer1889
05-08-2017, 07:50 PM

Really don't see how anyone can judge him on 20 mins competitive action lads only been here just over a week

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
05-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Really don't see how anyone can judge him on 20 mins competitive action lads only been here just over a week
First impression thats all Bully. :)

BlockD
05-08-2017, 08:13 PM
I enjoyed the crunching tackle he put in,thought he did the job Christopher asked him to do,rather well,a good display from the lad IMO

seanbeanstattoo
05-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Lundstrum will be a huge player this season. Coutts was a wuss today.

Wingy Blade
05-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Only weak link for me was Coutts. Slow and does nothing defensively. Early days. Basham awesome,Clarke and Sharp superb,Carruthers brilliant as was Stevens.
We looked knackered second half and rode our luck. Great keeping by the new lad. Great result and learning experience. Wilder knows what we need to do to step up. Great interview post match.

Interesting how we all see different things. I thought Coutts was immense. Never gave ball away and one piece of skill to win a corner in second half was sublime. Mom closely followed by Stevens and Bash.

GrayBlade
05-08-2017, 11:43 PM
Interesting how we all see different things. I thought Coutts was immense. Never gave ball away and one piece of skill to win a corner in second half was sublime. Mom closely followed by Stevens and Bash.
Indeed it's all about opinions. I thought Coutts did ok but Fleck was a bit off the pace particularly in the first half.

I thought Caruthers was the pick of the bunch overall, but nobody has a poor game. Proud to be a Blade tonight though and totally respect everybody's opinion's....unless they're Pork.

Ayamonteblade
06-08-2017, 12:33 AM
effing brilliant result. ....well done lads!😀

Indeed it's all about opinions. I thought Coutts did ok but Fleck was a bit off the pace particularly in the first half.

I thought Caruthers was the pick of the bunch overall, but nobody has a poor game. Proud to be a Blade tonight though and totally respect everybody's opinion's....unless they're Pork.

Katchouro
06-08-2017, 05:35 AM
Great and gutsy team performance, no passengers or prima donnas in this side. Any club with ambitions of leaving BDTBL with three points is going to have to work bloody hard for it.

Meanwhile in Lancashire a team of prima donnas gets booed off the pitch. Bad sign for Kickaball, last time a Pig manager was booed that ferociously was Jones at St Andrews, he was sacked a couple of days after.

rodcurrie
06-08-2017, 05:42 AM

I thought Caruthers was the pick of the bunch overall, but nobody has a poor game. Proud to be a Blade tonight though and totally respect everybody's opinion's....unless they're Pork.I thought Flecky grew into the game but did have a slow-ish start,i also don't think anyone played poorly but i wanted us to keep the ball better in the last 20 mins cos as it was, it was a chuffin long 20 mins,yet again the lads ran their socks off,we also played some really good football at times.UTCB

bulmer1889
06-08-2017, 06:09 AM

bulmer1889
06-08-2017, 06:24 AM
Something a little different

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U6n1bYhhxd8&feature=share

Chips1889
06-08-2017, 06:37 AM
Lundstrum will be a huge player this season. Coutts was a wuss today.

No player had a bad game SBT.
I thought Clark was very good as was Basham and Blackman.

UTB

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
06-08-2017, 09:17 AM
No player had a bad game SBT.
I thought Clark was very good as was Basham and Blackman.

UTB

Clark won most of the heading duels with the defenders,he did it in a way that did not need just battering ram brawn,really impressed me.

BlockD
06-08-2017, 09:22 AM
What a marvellous day to be a Unitedite,yesterday was

boltonblade
06-08-2017, 02:44 PM
What a marvellous day to be a Unitedite,yesterday was
It was indeed. Sounds soppy but I left the lane yesterday thinking what a place. What a group of fans. Like a brotherhood. We love this club and now it's loving us back. Brilliant.

Holden_C
06-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Got the same travel agent as Semedo...

Semedo's in the Witness Protection Programme so no one recognises him as an ex pig.

rodcurrie
06-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Semedo's in the Witness Protection Programme so no one recognises him as an ex pig.I'd heard he'd started a new career as Ronaldo's(Christano not our Ronaldo) butler.UTCB

RonnieWaldock
06-08-2017, 04:53 PM
I'd heard he'd started a new career as Ronaldo's(Christano not our Ronaldo) butler.UTCB

Certainly not mine Rod. I don't need a butler. Two Swedish au pairs and a Thai house girl are quite sufficient for me.

shorehamoldboy
06-08-2017, 05:17 PM
great gutsy performance against a very good brentford team which will finish in the top half basham mom for me yet again but was also highly impressed by stevens first time seen him and didnt realise how big and physical he was lafferty wont get back in there but think chris can also use him as cover at left centre back for jackhat the other big plus for me was leons performance worked his socks off and was a constant nuisance for their defence becoming another cult figure at the lane last but not least the crowd were magnificent and i think carried the team through that last 15 minutes when brentford put us under a lot of pressure

GuancheBlade
07-08-2017, 09:45 AM
We love this club and now it's loving us back. Brilliant.

What a perfect description boltonblade. Love it!