PDA

View Full Version : Lee Johnson

EastStandRed
05-08-2017, 07:59 PM
Bristol City boss Lee Johnson enjoys banter with Barnsley fans

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson has explained he thinks the Barnsley fans really like him for the business he brought in for the club when he was in charge at Oakwell.

The manager was speaking after his Robins side beat Barnsley 3-1 at Ashton Gate on the opener of the season this afternoon.

Fans of the opposition were seen giving the BS3 gaffer the thumbs up from the stands, despite the fact their side were solidly thrashed by City.

Johnson said that the money he secured for Barnsley during his time there between 2015 and 2016 has meant the club’s fans think well of him.

Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson celebrates second goal against Barnsley(Image: Paul Knight/JMP)
He said: “It is just a bit of banter, I think they really like me. Obviously they were delighted with the transfers I brought in for them and selling all their players that they have sold for the money they have sold them.

“Like Mark Roberts and Alfie Mawson, I think that was £9 million for an outlay of £60,000 so that will keep the club afloat for a few years anyway.

“I am sure they were just welcoming me as they always do and I look forward to seeing them again soon.”

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
06-08-2017, 08:35 AM
I think the more likely explanation for the thumbs up was was a size comparison.👍

animallittle3
06-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Yes we loved 9 straight league one defeats and a spineless cup exit at Altrincham ( I was there Jules :-) ) and hitting rock bottom of the league .

The likes of Roberts and Mawson may well have cost the club £60k the thing is they weren't even fecking worth that while you were managing em .

Hecky added the value , funny how more or less the day you fecked off we won a cup final and got ourselves promoted .

Odious little git , anybody but PC and the present Bristol board and you wouldn't even be still working in football , luck runs out , talent is forever sunshine .

pass_and_move
06-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Thankfully he's history. Leave him to it

Romared
06-08-2017, 07:38 PM
That's the best way Pass , dunt tork abart him ennymoor , he loves it