PDA

View Full Version : Is Hecky under pressure now ?

Romared
05-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Some fans seem to be turning against him why ? He cannot possibly keep assembling a new team year in year out , seeing the better players leave and starting over with young inexperienced players , it won't work , experience is needed in some form , either players or possibly someone similar to Eric Winstanley to help Hecky out with the Head Coach role , i support Hecky and all he does , but not sure about any of his signings to be honest , some leave a lot to be desired , as for giving him more money to spend just now NO , he has probably had more than most past managers , I'm hoping some he has recently brought in arnt panic buys ? Something is not quite right on Grove Street :?

Young_Nudger
05-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Jeez.
No Hecky isn't under pressure.
FFS.

animallittle3
05-08-2017, 08:19 PM
He needs to get rid of the negative body language and his general displeasure of the situation .

If he doesn't believe in the plan and some of the players then he should resign .

He either believes in the plan or he doesn't , there's no grey area here .

Don't get me wrong I perfectly understand his present mindset and I wouldn't blame him for walking away at all , it's his reputation and livelihood when all is said and done .

If PC wasn't so ill I think he'd have walked this summer in all honesty .

Get thi mojo back Hecky or walk fella , two choices for me .

SBRed48
06-08-2017, 08:48 AM
Hecky's allus been under pressure. It's a pressure job.

Pressure to win promotion in his first season. Tick

Pressure to win trophy at Wembley in first season. Tick

Pressure to consolidate in Championship in his second season. Tick

Pressure to re-build in his third season after virtually entire team sold/ left...still to achieve

animallittle3
06-08-2017, 09:09 AM
If I was a brickie and I'd build a wall that everyone admired and kept waking up only to find someone had knocked parts of it down until eventually there was nothing left but rubble I'd quite rightly feel rather pyssed .

If I was told to build another wall but expect it also to be vandalised then I think I'd be saying feck that go find another mug to build it .

POGGYWELL
06-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Hecky's allus been under pressure. It's a pressure job.

Pressure to win promotion in his first season. Tick

Pressure to win trophy at Wembley in first season. Tick

Pressure to consolidate in Championship in his second season. Tick

Pressure to re-build in his third season after virtually entire team sold/ left...still to achieve

Well said SB absolutely spot on!!!

Poulton Tyke
06-08-2017, 10:25 AM
He's under the same pressure I would be under if someone expected me to diffuse a bomb with oven gloves on.

animallittle3
06-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Some fans seem to be turning against him why ? He cannot possibly keep assembling a new team year in year out , seeing the better players leave and starting over with young inexperienced players , it won't work , experience is needed in some form , either players or possibly someone similar to Eric Winstanley to help Hecky out with the Head Coach role , i support Hecky and all he does , but not sure about any of his signings to be honest , some leave a lot to be desired , as for giving him more money to spend just now NO , he has probably had more than most past managers , I'm hoping some he has recently brought in arnt panic buys ? Something is not quite right on Grove Street :?

I wonder how many times over the years Norm had a good piece of advice for the manager ?

A cup of char in the laundry room and Norm making the muddy waters a little clearer .

People like Winnie and Johnny Steele too , proper old school football men with a genuine love for the club .

It's no coincidence that once Liverpool got rid of the boot room and with it people like Ronnie Moran , Roy Evans they haven't won the league in over 25 years .

People come and go now in football and take their knowledge and experience with it .

The games poorer for it .

Romared
06-08-2017, 11:45 AM
I'm sure Norman has helped all the managers and many players , he has been a big big loss to us the Great Man ,
Macca will feel that next Saturday for sure ,
I remember seeing a picture of our backroom staff, they were by the dugout

Rimmo, Shotton, Gerry Young were amongst them , not bonniest bairns !! But always there to give advise and help , non of them suffered fools either , they only have to give the eye to any player who wasn't performing !! All were a big help to the Manager , I feel Hecky needs some help like that , no disrespect to the current coaching staff ,Question is Who ? Redders ?

SBRed48
06-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Not many of the old school, gnarled owd eeads left nar Roma.

All tha gets is these Performance Technicians armed wi a laptop fulla statistics abart aar many times a player has farted during the match.

animallittle3
06-08-2017, 12:13 PM
I'm sure Norman has helped all the managers and many players , he has been a big big loss to us the Great Man ,
Macca will feel that next Saturday for sure ,
I remember seeing a picture of our backroom staff, they were by the dugout

Rimmo, Shotton, Gerry Young were amongst them , not bonniest bairns !! But always there to give advise and help , non of them suffered fools either , they only have to give the eye to any player who wasn't performing !! All were a big help to the Manager , I feel Hecky needs some help like that , no disrespect to the current coaching staff ,Question is Who ? Redders ?

You know what we could do a lot worse than give Mr Wilson a role here .

I wasn't a fan of his second coming to say the least but the role I'm thinking of is more advisory , scouting players and doing the watching of the opposition before we play them .

I wouldn't go as far to say Director of Football but we are in that ball park .

The office door always open , bounce ideas , help solve issues with players and take a bit of weight off Hecky's shoulders .

A connection with the club to say the least , vastly experienced and available I believe .

Ponte_Steve24
06-08-2017, 12:23 PM
I think he'd do a good job in the Championship and would have saved us last time if we'd got rid of the village idiot sooner. With this current squad and his eye for a player i'd take him back tomorrow. When he was sacked last time and we went on that winning run. Under Wilson we'd have made the play-offs first time round.

Romared
06-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Agree wi both them posts, He's found Gems for most clubs he's managed , he also bought sum dross tho !! Overall his eye for picking up more Gems than dross has been of benefit to the clubs he did Serve!

Nozzer1953
06-08-2017, 01:53 PM
The fans were not turning against Hecky yesterday. They out sang the Bristol fans and were singing Hecky's name. They also have a great sense of humour. 3 nil down and sing 'It's just like watching Brazil'. We score a consolation goal in the 93rd minute and start singing 'The Reds are going up' :D

bankendbfc
06-08-2017, 02:24 PM
he is under no adverse pressure for me, we will see after 10 games where we are, team only just met each other, i will see what they gel into before i criticise them because i was excited by the signings we made. He deserves us giving him the benefit of the doubt, 2 trophies in our cupboard.

DOOALI
06-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Could have walked after January fire sale but he must think he can make a team out of the new signings so give him time if it doesn't happen this season so be it it'll definitely happen next season

Jules88
06-08-2017, 03:29 PM
The fans were not turning against Hecky yesterday. They out sang the Bristol fans and were singing Hecky's name. They also have a great sense of humour. 3 nil down and sing 'It's just like watching Brazil'. We score a consolation goal in the 93rd minute and start singing 'The Reds are going up' :D

Love the sort of humour that emanates when you are getting a battering.
At three down after 30 minutes I was thinking of a new chant

"He needs some more brass
He needs some more brass
Paul Heckingbottom....
He needs some more brass"

Acido
06-08-2017, 04:22 PM
All managers are under pressure these days, it can be said that every one of them is X amount of games away from the sack.
Leicester were a disgrace for sacking Claudio Ranieri, the man who won them the Prem title, in just the following season. Although when you look at their better results after he went, it can be argued that the players were to blame for getting him sacked.

Hecky can't rest on past achievements and Im sure he knows the pressure is on him and all of us at the club this season.
He shouldn't be worried about the sack at the moment but sometimes it happens and comes out of the blue, and making critical comments against the owners will only push him nearer to the exit door. (even though I agree with what he said)

Ponte_Steve24
06-08-2017, 06:48 PM
I dont think saying players you signed yourself are sub standard helps your cause either.

pass_and_move
06-08-2017, 07:19 PM
I dont think saying players you signed yourself are sub standard helps your cause either.

Totally agree. I think that were pretty naive of Hecky.

To leave out hammill and put in untried potts spoke volumes too. I think that confirms hammills fate

Romared
06-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Well as much as i like Hammil , he doesn't do his cause any good by ranting at his boss in front of our probably biggest crowd last season ? That's not acceptable where ever you work , Hecky quite rightly showed him who is in charge , whatever happened after that we are all guessing , if things haven't been resolved ? Something or someone has to give soon , it seems to be festering and is not the best atmosphere for any new player to come into , Sort it out please .

animallittle3
06-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Well as much as i like Hammil , he doesn't do his cause any good by ranting at his boss in front of our probably biggest crowd last season ? That's not acceptable where ever you work , Hecky quite rightly showed him who is in charge , whatever happened after that we are all guessing , if things haven't been resolved ? Something or someone has to give soon , it seems to be festering and is not the best atmosphere for any new player to come into , Sort it out please .

If two grown men can't resolve a bit of handbags after 8 months then we do have problems .