PDA

View Full Version : C5 championship

DOOALI
05-08-2017, 09:19 PM
I thought it might have got better but it's all talk talk talk after Fulham game talking to Fulham fan Osman excuse the pun that was totally"pointless" but I've got to put up with poor man's telly

pass_and_move
06-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Thy unly gets same off Sky mate. They ain't remotely interested in the likes of us. I'm a fu* kin mug for paying the tw ats 80 quid per month. Barnsley fc bring nothing to the table in modern football as far as they're concerned. That's why they showed villa, Newcastle and Brighton live nearly 20 times each and us twice. It stinks.

Their sports news channel now consists of showing trash like the McGregor Mayweather having a slanging match and other overdramatized shyte. Who the feck wants to watch this fu* kin crap? Certainly not me. Going to cancel my subscription after the villa game. Had enuff of the greedy robbing cnuts

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
06-08-2017, 08:28 AM
Already cancelled mine and haven't missed it one single bit

animallittle3
06-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Thy unly gets same off Sky mate. They ain't remotely interested in the likes of us. I'm a fu* kin mug for paying the tw ats 80 quid per month. Barnsley fc bring nothing to the table in modern football as far as they're concerned. That's why they showed villa, Newcastle and Brighton live nearly 20 times each and us twice. It stinks.

Their sports news channel now consists of showing trash like the McGregor Mayweather having a slanging match and other overdramatized shyte. Who the feck wants to watch this fu* kin crap? Certainly not me. Going to cancel my subscription after the villa game. Had enuff of the greedy robbing cnuts

It's a hard one is this P&M with Sky .

Do I agree with how they have captured some gems off freeview TV like test cricket , including the ashes , open golf championship , the masters and of course football , absolutely not .

Then again you can't argue that they cover sport fantastically well and taken sports broadcasting to another level .

We watch live sport now when at one time of there was very little coverage of it , live ashes cricket down under , you got half n hour of highlights at best on the beeb , Lions in New Zealand , you had to wait a full week to see the highlights on Grandstand , I don't ever remember watching the US open golf live , USPGA , French Open tennis , Australian Open etc etc .

By subscribing you know full well you are contributing to the demise of clubs like ourselves but yet I enjoy so much of what they cover .

I'm personally fecked either way .

DOOALI
06-08-2017, 08:56 AM
I congratulate you both for realising that it's just one big robbing company that's why they will never get my cash I'll leave it to the shirt and scarf wearing pill+cks that's never been to any matches of the club they supposedly support.Only thing there doing is contributing to this money orientated company who started the rot in English football

animallittle3
06-08-2017, 09:31 AM
I congratulate you both for realising that it's just one big robbing company that's why they will never get my cash I'll leave it to the shirt and scarf wearing pill+cks that's never been to any matches of the club they supposedly support.Only thing there doing is contributing to this money orientated company who started the rot in English football

I wouldn't go as far as to say a rot , it's created a massive inequality in the game and taken away the dream factor .

Will Derby or Forest ever win the PL , not a chance , will Watford finish second after just getting promoted the year before , not going to happen .

However , our club were never promoted to the top flight before Sky and the PL came about , the England football team were shyte then and they are shyte now .

They keep saying the bubble will burst and they've said this for 20 years and it's actually growing , attendances are huge despite the ticket prices and it's a product the rest of the world will pay millions of pounds to just get a slice of the action .

I can remember when most of our top players moved abroad , Keegan , Rush , Wilkins , Brady , Souness , Platt , Lineker , Hughes , Gazza and other than Gareth Bale they don't today .

Rochdale were a lower league club before and they are still one today , we weren't in the club before and we aren't now .

It's fecked up but it could be argued it was always thus .

pass_and_move
06-08-2017, 10:27 AM

Do I agree with how they have captured some gems off freeview TV like test cricket , including the ashes , open golf championship , the masters and of course football , absolutely not .

Then again you can't argue that they cover sport fantastically well and taken sports broadcasting to another level .

We watch live sport now when at one time of there was very little coverage of it , live ashes cricket down under , you got half n hour of highlights at best on the beeb , Lions in New Zealand , you had to wait a full week to see the highlights on Grandstand , I don't ever remember watching the US open golf live , USPGA , French Open tennis , Australian Open etc etc .

By subscribing you know full well you are contributing to the demise of clubs like ourselves but yet I enjoy so much of what they cover .

You know I like my sport Animal. The question I've asked myself is it worth keeping on? The football season has just started. Bear in mind that we've been 3 months without football. I lost interest in both the sunderland game and the villa game. Turned them both off. Couldnt watch it. Boring they were. I think I've fallen out of love with football.

Is it worth keeping on? Well not for the cricket or major golf tournaments. Most tennis I watch is on eurosport along with snooker. The darts I've lost interest in too because of what Barry Hearn has created.

I can't identify with sports these days. They're either cheats or overhyped. Not my cuppachar any longer I'm afraid. I'll keep it on until after the villa match. That'll be the only time we get shown anyway this season.

Their coverage is very thorough but I think that they've overdone things. I'm sick of listening to people talking utter shyte. Their knowledge is limited to the big clubs only and that is suspect. The only thing I'll miss is the ability to sky plus things. I do this so I don't have to endure advert breaks or the aforementioned pundits spouting their shyte.

The rest of it is boring repeats

Me n r lass all iss seh ar come thuz nowt on? A familiar question raised in our household. Perhaps if the reds were on 4 or 5 times I might reconsider but they're not so sky can gu an ballax

animallittle3
06-08-2017, 10:43 AM
You know I like my sport Animal. The question I've asked myself is it worth keeping on? The football season has just started. Bear in mind that we've been 3 months without football. I lost interest in both the sunderland game and the villa game. Turned them both off. Couldnt watch it. Boring they were. I think I've fallen out of love with football.

Is it worth keeping on? Well not for the cricket or major golf tournaments. Most tennis I watch is on eurosport along with snooker. The darts I've lost interest in too because of what Barry Hearn has created.

I can't identify with sports these days. They're either cheats or overhyped. Not my cuppachar any longer I'm afraid. I'll keep it on until after the villa match. That'll be the only time we get shown anyway this season.

Their coverage is very thorough but I think that they've overdone things. I'm sick of listening to people talking utter shyte. Their knowledge is limited to the big clubs only and that is suspect. The only thing I'll miss is the ability to sky plus things. I do this so I don't have to endure advert breaks or the aforementioned pundits spouting their shyte.

The rest of it is boring repeats

Me n r lass all iss seh ar come thuz nowt on? A familiar question raised in our household. Perhaps if the reds were on 4 or 5 times I might reconsider but they're not so sky can gu an ballax

I tend to look at sport as something that writes it's own script , the pundits can talk as much bollox as they want but they can't affect what's going on out on the court , fairway or wicket .

When I first started watching The Masters the beeb only broadcast the final 9 holes on a sunday night , I'd never seen the front 9 until the 1980's .

The other problem I have is that JLO is a manc , united daft from the age of five years old and all her family are manc daft .

She was a regular at OT along with her family until kids came along , obtaining tickets and price , working nights at the weekends doesn't help either .

She watches the tarn with me on occasions , do I really want to return that and have to go to the odd game at OT with her , do I feck .

It's a trade off mate , she gets to see united and I like my golf , cricket and tennis .

SBRed48
06-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Am a total hypocrit.

I hate what Sky have done to football.

I love watching all kinds a spooarts thatav nivva see otherwise such as women's curling and lasses doing gymnastics/ high jump etc. Can't wait to ev me feet up in the warm wi a malt by my side watching the Ashes on a cold wet Winter's neet this December.

All abart choice. Tha looks what brass tha ez each month, tha pays thi bills and sees family ar o reyt, if thaz enuff left to choose Sky or spend it on summat else then tha meks thi choice.

tiggertyke
06-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Can't subscribe to Sky here in Cyprus but everyone watches it, by using an android loaded with Kodi or some other platform or IPTV.
Kodi can be downloaded free to a computer, laptop, tablet or android box.
IPTV has a subscription of approx €100.00 per year but is very similar set up to sky and you can watch live tv.
All the latest movies, series and sports are available on either system.
You can take them anywhere in the world to use so long as you have an internet connection.
The tv boxes can be bought from Amazon, fully loaded from £30.00.
If you have a firestick it would have to be jail broke and Kodi installed. This can be done in Tarn for a fiver.
Just saying what happens in the wider world and you can see why Sky are trying so hard to stop the streaming of premier games.
They have tried for years but as soon as they close one stream another one pops up.
It's like garlic bread it's the future.

Romared
06-08-2017, 11:30 AM
A tried mekkin mi orn dish arta a pudding tin !

cud ony get Yorkshire onnit :O AGMC

SBRed48
06-08-2017, 11:36 AM
A tried mekkin mi orn dish arta a pudding tin !

cud ony get Yorkshire onnit :O AGMC

Tha'll ev landing aircraft homing in onnit.

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
06-08-2017, 11:43 AM
My Mrs makes a reyt Yorkshire pudding. I don't think anyone on here would recognise them as such due to their unique and interesting appearance and the fact that if you were on a go kart going downhill carrying one, you would achieve Mach 2.
I like em though because they're cheap and filling. What more should a pudding from Yorkshire be?

SBRed48
06-08-2017, 11:49 AM
We still eyt 'em as hors d'oeuvres to fill thi up on stodge befooar mooar expensive meyt.

Romared
06-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Tha'll ev landing aircraft homing in onnit.
Av turnd landinleet off ;D

DOOALI
06-08-2017, 12:28 PM
I would like the recipe gwynn for your lasses yorkys because mine don't rise so much like something else

Jonnyboy501
06-08-2017, 12:51 PM

Surely that's more a sign of the times and the use of the technology available.

Channel 5 were getting there with test cricket before Sky came along and nicked it along with the technology already in place.

animallittle3
06-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Surely that's more a sign of the times and the use of the technology available.

Channel 5 were getting there with test cricket before Sky came along and nicked it along with the technology already in place.

Yeh that's true , technology and of course the money to buy the rights and pay Botham , Gower , Nasser and Bumble to sit in Australia for 3 months and cover an ashes series , the beeb would be bankrupt in a week .

That said , the beeb must have the largest back catalogue of sporting coverage in the world in their vaults .

When they did away with BBC 3 why didn't they turn it into a dedicated sports channel , covering the sports they still do and filling in with old FA cup finals , match of the day , wimbledon , olympics and golf etc etc

What a waste to have all that vintage sport gathering dust .