PDA

View Full Version : Good news about Stockley

blowupsheep
06-08-2017, 03:35 AM
He is suspended for today's game against Accies, that's the best bit of news we could hope for where he is concerned

COYR

slyfox
06-08-2017, 08:39 AM
He is suspended for today's game against Accies, that's the best bit of news we could hope for where he is concerned

COYR

Harsh!

irnbru1903
06-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Harsh!

Perhaps a bit but I was hoping the good news was that he had found a new club. He is a bigger liability than an asset in my opinion.

Jupiter
06-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Damn, when I saw this thread title, I thought he'd been sold.

InversneckieDob
06-08-2017, 03:40 PM
I'm going to swim against the tide, I think there's potential in there.
He's affa raw, but I think there's a player in there.

RedStarTorphins
06-08-2017, 04:21 PM
I'm going to swim against the tide, I think there's potential in there.
He's affa raw, but I think there's a player in there.

Disagree with you there,
He's got very little.
Rarely scores, more likely to get sent off.
Zero pace or mobility.
Get rid if we can.
He's so bad I'd rather have Miles Storey in.

bpdon
06-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Disagree with you there,
He's got very little.
Rarely scores, more likely to get sent off.
Zero pace or mobility.
Get rid if we can.
He's so bad I'd rather have Miles Storey in.

Jesus - that final sentence (or paragraph, or bullet) is an extreme view and harsh one. Stockley is a limited player technically but he is clearly the only striker we have who can actually win a header and bring others around him into play. Rooney can't do it, Maynard can't do it, Storey can't do it. In games were we don't have the time and space to find feet, Stockley can be useful - he is no Drogba but he offers alternative attributes that none of other strikers have.

The red card myth keeps getting peddled too. Did you actually agree with the refs for either of the bookings he got in Maribor or at Ibrox? The view that all 4 were ridiculous con-jobs seems fairly unanimous from my unscientific poll.

DonVincenzo (The II)
06-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Get Rid : End Thread.

RedStarTorphins
06-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Jesus - that final sentence (or paragraph, or bullet) is an extreme view and harsh one. Stockley is a limited player technically but he is clearly the only striker we have who can actually win a header and bring others around him into play. Rooney can't do it, Maynard can't do it, Storey can't do it. In games were we don't have the time and space to find feet, Stockley can be useful - he is no Drogba but he offers alternative attributes that none of other strikers have.

The red card myth keeps getting peddled too. Did you actually agree with the refs for either of the bookings he got in Maribor or at Ibrox? The view that all 4 were ridiculous con-jobs seems fairly unanimous from my unscientific poll.

Harsh?
Just my opinion.
He was unlucky with the Maribor red.
Then again, was he lucky in the Cup final?
Rightly or wrongly, refs (in Europe & domestically) don't like that robust style any more, making him ineffective.

Aldo1983
06-08-2017, 06:08 PM

I agree but I also agree that we can do better.

We always moan about not having players that can stand up for themselves. Stockley likes an elbow smash and that's fine with me.

BorneoRed
26-08-2017, 02:15 AM
I would keep him, as he is a good outlet to come off the bench. Doubt if he will start many games though.
Probably better for his career to move on though.
But the slagging off of one of our own players on here has been a disgrace.

Pauldolski10
26-08-2017, 06:00 AM
I like Stockley, bit clumsy at times but also can prove to be a real handful for defenders, won't get much of a game being behind May, Rooney and Maynard but i would keep him. Also an elbow te the dish of a tim is never a bad thing

Getintaethem
26-08-2017, 09:19 AM
I would keep him, as he is a good outlet to come off the bench. Doubt if he will start many games though.
Probably better for his career to move on though.
But the slagging off of one of our own players on here has been a disgrace.

Stockley or Centre Half or Left Back?

Rochead
26-08-2017, 12:15 PM
The manager made the decision to bring him in, it has not worked out for the player, another 'nearly'. Now that May has arrived it would probably be better for the lad's career if he moves on.
Unfair to slag the player, the one who has got it wrong is McInnes and that is only with the benefit of hindsight.

afc1903mad
26-08-2017, 12:39 PM
The manager made the decision to bring him in, it has not worked out for the player, another 'nearly'. Now that May has arrived it would probably be better for the lad's career if he moves on.
Unfair to slag the player, the one who has got it wrong is McInnes and that is only with the benefit of hindsight.

Derek has always had a vision of a big imposing forward to lead the line and hold up play for his attacking midfield trio.
Remember he tried this with Zola as well.
The problem is that the Dons don't play to Stockleys strengths.
They play it down the channels and he is not that type of forward.
Play the ball into his chest or feet and he's pretty effective. He does have a good touch and got feet.

Maybe that was because he previously could not get a quality striker in to blend with the trio. Maybe that will change now Stevie May is a don.

Getintaethem
26-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Stockley will be leaving. DM pretty much confirmed on RedTV. If he does go, then surely we will be going in for a defender?

DonVincenzo (The II)
26-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Said it earlier min, Get Rid.
But thx for that Partick goal mate.
Awe the best.

Nae Huns
26-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Deek will get him off the books and get a centre back in his place

wentinaffthepost
31-08-2017, 02:58 PM
See he has been signed by Exeter for a record.fee for that club

andoplzcumbak
31-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Just seen this on Facebook. I fully expected this to be a free transfer!

Around 100k apparently

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41107199

Pacman1903
31-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Good bit of business as I would have though he could have went for free

SIMBARED
31-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Unbelievable we got a fee for him. He will prob do well for them but was just out of his depth here. One or two good moments but Van Der Aark was ten times the player he will ever be.

DonVincenzo (The II)
31-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Unbelievable we got a fee for him. He will prob do well for them but was just out of his depth here. One or two good moments but Van Der Aark was ten times the player he will ever be.

Seagull found his level. From Limassol to Exeter. Bit of a come down that.

The first person to mention a stadium is getting knocked out.

KIWIRED
31-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Good luck Jayden, was worth the gamble but it never worked out
Always felt he just need a run of goals and a few starts to get him going.

Watch him start banging them in down south

All the best

foreveradon
31-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Good luck Jayden, was worth the gamble but it never worked out
Always felt he just need a run of goals and a few starts to get him going.

Watch him start banging them in down south

All the best

Couldn't agree more

Always thought he would have been a good plan b option to shove on with 15 mins to go if things weren't going our way

Won't forget that cracker of a winner he scored against Partick last season

Good luck Jayden

thebeachend
31-08-2017, 04:27 PM
best business we've done this or any other window....

Landvetter83
31-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Interesting to see nothing mentioned of this deal on the club website. They usually post a note wishing the player all the best etc.

Anyway, appears it's a done deal according to other websites.

God Luck big man - you had your moments. Highlight for me was battering f@ck out of that little w@nker in the SC Final .. ;D

RedStarTorphins
31-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Seagull found his level. From Limassol to Exeter. Bit of a come down that.

The first person to mention a stadium is getting knocked out.

The fee we got is a nice bonus.

It can go towards the new stadium... or renovating Pittodrie ;)

Pacman1903
31-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Well done on smashing Tierneys puss. Beauty. Oartick was a cracker too. But you were a liability. Good luck min

rico94
31-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Got some good competition for the Strikers spot now.

Rooney,May and Maynard looks a lot better than Rooney,Stockley and Storey.

Jupiter
31-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Yeeee ha

Hairdrier
31-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Good to see Stockley going back to whence he came. A complete liability of a player, although some of our newer players are liabilities too.

Pacman1903
31-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Got some good competition for the Strikers spot now.

Rooney,May and Maynard looks a lot better than Rooney,Stockley and Storey.

Spot on

Landvetter83
31-08-2017, 06:26 PM
That's it on the club website now ....

F@ck me! Three strikers out in 2 days .... Exodus!

Rochead
31-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Good bit of business considering it didn't work out for him or us, all the best Jayden.

Jormungand
31-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Good luck, Jayden min. I'll aye fondly remember that goal against Partick and the time you smashed thon septic nyaff in the moo.