PDA

View Full Version : Donzy's first match preview of the new season...

The Bedlington Terrier
06-08-2017, 07:50 AM
http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/clarets-at-the-bridge-the-final-countdown/9007225/

Altobelli
06-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Nicely put together Donzy, hopefully like you say Sean Dyche will not be thinking "damage limitations" or we'll get swamped, I'd rather go down fighting than trying to be too defensive and negative.

thedonz
06-08-2017, 10:30 AM
It would be a welcome change to see a Dyche side play with a new found freedom of movement instead of the usual long balls played from the back.

He has the creative players in Defour , Brady, Taylor and Gudmundsson. The question is how is he going to employ them.

It would be unrealistic to expect to see a big shift in play but with Cork , the side now has a better chance of keeping possession in the middle of the park.

How does any side set up against Chelsea? Maybe Chelsea will not get into their stride straight away and we can shock them.

Alto, would you accept seeing us go for it and risking getting beat by 2 or 3?

The Bedlington Terrier
06-08-2017, 10:37 AM
I think SD has brought in a couple of players who will allow us to be different in shape, formation and tactics. Relentless, here we come!

Altobelli
06-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Alto, would you accept seeing us go for it and risking getting beat by 2 or 3?

Boxing is a completely different sport/game, but I see the similarity in that you will not reap a lot by defending, yes you may get lucky with one opening where you can land a haymaker or in Football get a gift of a chance to score a goal, but shaping up in that manner in both sports is IMO very negative (not to mention horrible to watch) and will only bring success in our game's the odd time.

So yes I'd rather see a more (not silly all out attack) adventurous play, it goes back to my gripes in that our forwards are not potent enough at this level and don't even have a decent tricky winger to at least supply them backed up with a creative midfielder to give them even more options.

Like you say Cork could be this player to invent more options, D64 is of the same mould, I don't know whether Dyche has stifled D64's play or not, as he seems to do with players in "his" way of play, could Dyche do the same with Cork ? I hope not, Dyche is very good at organising his defence I just wish he'd be more flair and attack minded.

thedonz
06-08-2017, 11:21 AM
I would not be unhappy if we took the game to Chelsea and came away losing, say 4-1.

Those goals would though have to be hard earned.

It's a free hit for me.

The Bedlington Terrier
06-08-2017, 11:36 AM
I would not be unhappy if we took the game to Chelsea and came away losing, say 4-1.

Those goals would though have to be hard earned.

It's a free hit for me.

You need to lie down donzy. 4-1 ain't going to happen. A loss by a single goal or a draw will be the outcome. SD does not do "open"! :P

thedonz
06-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Well you know my opinion of Dyche football over the last 2-3 seasons, easy on the eye it aint!

Norder
06-08-2017, 12:49 PM

...first game of the season - a draw away would be great - a win would be amazing - but I wouldn't in any way be troubled with a loss, it's Chelsea, is a great way to start out, and for me, a good revealing, no sweat, no knock back test - better than us playing Huddersfield and coming home without points....so early days - though an absolute thrashing wouldn't be nice - with the team just boning up....it shouldn't hurt, whatever.
....,Shape , Movement, Skill , Tactics....the higher the level we have in those areas across the field - the more we control the game....but the more stretched we become, then the less range we have....so will allow the opposition to dominate.
My uncertainty, for the Season.....How easy for us to stay solid - where is the quality to finish off the games - and the more time spent concentrating our efforts on the basics, us stuck in Thinking System.....then the less we'll have for anything else - so all becomes a depressing struggle....where even as games go by - we won't see lmprovement.

;D

oldcolner
06-08-2017, 12:49 PM
They are without Victor Moses as he got sent off in the FA Cup Final and don't seem to have a replacement yet. He can play today and it will be interesting to see how they get on. They won the League with no midweek European games but they will now have them so may find it harder this year.

The Bedlington Terrier
06-08-2017, 01:36 PM
I still fondly remember how close we came to beating them at the Turf last season.

From the comments emanating from Gawthorpe the players are keen to banish the away day blues so prevalent last season.

Chelsea, here we come! :D

sinkov
06-08-2017, 03:22 PM
It was only 2-0 with a couple of minutes to go last season, we're stronger this time, but I'd still settle for 2-0.

oldcolner
06-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Looks like Pedro will also miss the game for getting a red today, meanwhile the future missing Moses got their goal today.

oldcolner
07-08-2017, 06:10 AM
Looks like Pedro will also miss the game for getting a red today, meanwhile the future missing Moses got their goal today.
Seems Pedro won't be banned as Charity Shield games don't count!