PDA

View Full Version : Notts On Top

navypie
06-08-2017, 04:29 PM
I am going to try and upload a photo of me at the top of Mount Blanc with my Notts jacket on , the only time I fear we will see Notts so high , my apologies if I get this wrong or fellow board members are simply not bothered , I really am not great with uploading or technology in general so if it does go south I would really appreciate some advice .

navypie
06-08-2017, 04:30 PM
I am going to try and upload a photo of me at the top of Mount Blanc with my Notts jacket on , the only time I fear we will see Notts so high , my apologies if I get this wrong or fellow board members are simply not bothered , I really am not great with uploading or technology in general so if it does go south I would really appreciate some advice .

wow , nearly got it right.

SmedDUm
06-08-2017, 04:37 PM
That's a great effort mate. Is the ascent partly by tram?
Hopefully a good omen for Notts this season, are our teams set for promotion?

Elite_Pie
06-08-2017, 04:51 PM
I really am not great with uploading or technology in general so if it does go south

Looks more west from the picture I got.

navypie
06-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Looks more west from the picture I got.

Sometimes your quite funny, sometimes your not ep.

navypie
06-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Met some yanks whilst I was up there who asked me about my Notts logo , " never heard of them " , Philistines ! Did cheer me up a bit when they said they never heard of Forest either ! They did however mention a certain bloke who used to run around our parts in Lincoln green , told them i no idea who they where talking about.

Elite_Pie
06-08-2017, 05:37 PM
They did however mention a certain bloke who used to run around our parts in Lincoln green , told them i no idea who they where talking about.

Ssshhh! Soccerman like to keep that part of his life private.

navypie
06-08-2017, 06:05 PM

Sometimes your funny , sometimes your not.

navypie
06-08-2017, 06:17 PM
That's a great effort mate. Is the ascent partly by tram?
Hopefully a good omen for Notts this season, are our teams set for promotion?

You can so I am told take the train which is a bit of a hike from the half way station but I decided I wanted to get back as kick of time was approaching , should have took the train !

navypie
06-08-2017, 07:12 PM

One more thing ep before I head out for a beer in Chamonix , today I went for a 4 km mountain bike ride down some most amazing scenery , I didn't half feel alive , you just waited by your keyboard hoping against hope that Tricky or whoever would appear on here so you could start an argument , but whatever floats your boat, everybody is different .

Elite_Pie
06-08-2017, 07:32 PM
One more thing ep before I head out for a beer in Chamonix , today I went for a 4 km mountain bike ride down some most amazing scenery , I didn't half feel alive , you just waited by your keyboard hoping against hope that Tricky or whoever would appear on here so you could start an argument , but whatever floats your boat, everybody is different .

Not quite. I've just booked an on the beach 24 hour all inclusive holiday in Cuba for two weeks in late August, then a week in a private villa in Menorca in late September. Unfortunately it means I'll miss 3 Notts home games, but family come first. If you prefer to believe I was sat at my keyboard that of course is entirely up to you.

ps A 4 Km bike ride is for girls. I prefer a bit further.

americanpie
06-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Forgive me for hijacking your thread navypie:-

This one isn't as high as yours.... looking down to Copacabana beach from Sugarloaf Rio.5836

JoePass
06-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Not quite. I've just booked an on the beach 24 hour all inclusive holiday in Cuba for two weeks in late August, then a week in a private villa in Menorca in late September. Unfortunately it means I'll miss 3 Notts home games, but family come first. If you prefer to believe I was sat at my keyboard that of course is entirely up to you.

Keep a look out for Steptoe, he likes his Cuban mates ;D

navypie
06-08-2017, 09:07 PM

This one isn't as high as yours.... looking down to Copacabana beach from Sugarloaf Rio.5836

Your hardly hijacking americanpie , never been there but certainly on my bucket list , enjoy.

navypie
06-08-2017, 09:33 PM

I find that remark really offensive and ***ist ep , perhaps you should show it to your daughters or maybe I could put it on some site where women are likely to see along with the photo of you in Portugal .As a big animal lover and the proud owner of a lovely 3 year old Labrador maybe you enjoy kicking dogs as well ! If you also want to play my dads bigger than yours , well I have decided to cut short my stay over here and return on the 23rd of August ( though I might return earlier because the job is doing my head in ) as we have booked to go away on a family holiday on the 25th to Menorca of all places ! I then plan to go to Australia and take in an Ashes test though I still need to convince my wife so that as a big ? mark next to it .So at the moment your dad is bigger than mine . One last thing , the ***ist remark you made about the 4km bike ride , well when I rolled up today that's all they had available and for the record , me and my lad regularly spend Sunday's going around Sherwood Pines but I hardly have to justify myself to you and before you come back with some smartarse remark saying I just have, I know .

The-Mac pie
06-08-2017, 10:25 PM
Take him with a huge pinch of salt navy pie ..
Save your breath and time

60YearsAPie
06-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Methinks EP is missing Vlad ;D

60YearsAPie
06-08-2017, 11:48 PM
I've rotated the photo to the right for you, navypie. I was getting neck ache!

navypie
07-08-2017, 05:46 AM
I've rotated the photo to the right for you, navypie. I was getting neck ache!

Many thanks 60 but I am slightly worried, you getting neck ache I mean !!

navypie
07-08-2017, 05:53 AM

If I did think you had " hijacked " my post mate I would have had to say , Bye Bye Mr . Ouch ! it pained me even thinking about writing that but couldn't resist . Have a good day americanpie.

navypie
07-08-2017, 05:57 AM

Be careful what you say and do in Cuba , I am not sure the Yanks would welcome another huge influx.

americanpie
07-08-2017, 06:35 AM
Thanks navypie...perhaps "gatecrashed" would have been a more accurate word.

Respect to you man. I went up in a cable car, and had a cup of coffee.
At 75 I find all physical exercise arduous.

navypie
07-08-2017, 10:18 AM
Thanks navypie...perhaps "gatecrashed" would have been a more accurate word.

Respect to you man. I went up in a cable car, and had a cup of coffee.
At 75 I find all physical exercise arduous.
Crickey mate, I hope you don't think I climbed it , cable car was also my mode of transport .No , ok yeah I did climb it , I cannot tell a lie !!

tarquinbeech
09-08-2017, 04:11 PM

EP - I notice you are off to Cuba (in the height of the HOT season, you're brave)....have you been before?

Elite_Pie
09-08-2017, 04:42 PM
EP - I notice you are off to Cuba (in the height of the HOT season, you're brave)....have you been before?

I've been to Cuba and Dominican Republic before, both at this time of year so I've a fair idea of what to expect temperature wise. Hot and humid, but a cold beer at the swim-up bar makes it bearable. Best holiday bargain I've ever had, only £712 each for two weeks 24 hour all inclusive flying on the Dreamliner, they're asking £600 for a caravan in Skeg for a week in a wet and cold August over here.

Trickytreesreds
09-08-2017, 04:42 PM

Probably not, but I bet he's fallen out with everyone on the plane before it lands, lol

Elite_Pie
09-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Probably not, but I bet he's fallen out with everyone on the plane before it lands, lol

Wrong. Last time I'd only argued up to row 34 when we landed.

Trickytreesreds
09-08-2017, 04:49 PM

and probably the flight deck crew. It's harder to get up there since 9/11
But he is a member of the mile high club, having started an argument in the loo

pmsl

tarquinbeech
09-08-2017, 05:10 PM
I've been to Cuba and Dominican Republic before, both at this time of year so I've a fair idea of what to expect temperature wise. Hot and humid, but a cold beer at the swim-up bar makes it bearable. Best holiday bargain I've ever had, only £712 each for two weeks 24 hour all inclusive flying on the Dreamliner, they're asking £600 for a caravan in Skeg for a week in a wet and cold August over here.

Fair play on the pricing, wow....I think I could drink that much in beer?

I was going to warn you about getting your CUCs and CUPs mixed up if you venture out into the "real" Cuba ie Havana....but I guess you know that already....I stayed in Havana itself and it was only 5 CUPs (25p) into town on the Chicken bus with the locals but it was 4 CUCs (4 USD) in the old 1950s Chevys.

It was a nightmare trying to keep the two currencies separate, I ended up letting Miriam handle all the local currency (her Spanish helped obviously) while I handled the tourist money.

Elite_Pie
09-08-2017, 05:28 PM
I was going to warn you about getting your CUCs and CUPs mixed up if you venture out into the "real" Cuba ie Havana....but I guess you know that already....I stayed in Havana itself and it was only 5 CUPs (25p) into town on the Chicken bus with the locals but it was 4 CUCs (4 USD) in the old 1950s Chevys.

I think it's a favourite trick over there to take payment from unsuspecting tourists in CUCs and give change in CUPs! I've googled images of the notes for both currencies just to be on the safe side. One of those holidays where I won't need much spending money, just the odd excursion and tips, and a bit left for the amazingly priced duty free shop on the way back. Last time the Havana Club Rum which is £18 for a 70cl bottle over here cost around £3 for a litre over there!

navypie
09-08-2017, 05:30 PM
As someone who likes to have the last word ep you went strangely quiet to my post on the ***ist comment you made but was quick to respond to tarquin and Tricky . Better hope its not a female pilot.

tarquinbeech
09-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Navy - How are you managing to get your pics uploaded.....I tried to get one of me on top of a mountain but the link refused to work.....I tried TinyPic as well but that failed?

Elite_Pie
09-08-2017, 05:52 PM
As someone who likes to have the last word ep you went strangely quiet to my post on the ***ist comment you made but was quick to respond to tarquin and Tricky . Better hope its not a female pilot.

That's a new one, now I'm being berated for not arguing!!! It wasn't meant to be ***ist as I am the proud father of 3 girls, it's just that a 4K bike ride was an ideal distance for them when they were young.

I should have put "A 4 Km bike ride is for kids" rather than "A 4 Km bike ride is for girls", therefore I accept my wrist slapping.

navypie
09-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Navy - How are you managing to get your pics uploaded.....I tried to get one of me on top of a mountain but the link refused to work.....I tried TinyPic as well but that failed?
Trial and error mate ,tried to put another one on but failed miserably now I cant remember how I did it mate.

Trickytreesreds
09-08-2017, 06:34 PM
That's a new one, now I'm being berated for not arguing!!! It wasn't meant to be ***ist as I am the proud father of 3 girls, it's just that a 4K bike ride was an ideal distance for them when they were young.

I should have put "A 4 Km bike ride is for kids" rather than "A 4 Km bike ride is for girls", therefore I accept my wrist slapping.

I got it EP, it's why I didn't dive in ;-)

SwalePie
09-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Trial and error mate ,tried to put another one on but failed miserably now I cant remember how I did it mate.

Isn't is simply a case of clicking the picture icon and it let's you choose an image file off your computer these days?

TESTING with this handy Sheff Wed. fan pic:

navypie
09-08-2017, 06:40 PM

Being an intelligent bloke as I think you are doesn't stop you being a pratt , you like to start arguments and when threats ( which is never acceptable ) are made against you claim the moral high ground. Like I said , your dad is bigger than mine.

Trickytreesreds
09-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Isn't is simply a case of clicking the picture icon and it let's you choose an image file off your computer these days?

TESTING with this handy Sheff Wed. fan pic:

explain that again swale.
Previously, you had to use tinypic to get an upload

are you saying it is as daft as copy and paste now?

Elite_Pie
09-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Being an intelligent bloke as I think you are doesn't stop you being a pratt , you like to start arguments and when threats ( which is never acceptable ) are made against you claim the moral high ground. Like I said , your dad is bigger than mine.

What the f**k are you on about?

navypie
09-08-2017, 07:04 PM
I got it EP, it's why I didn't dive in ;-)
Maybe he as p****d me of enough that I wanted to argue with him after his ***ist remark and his efforts to belittle me but he just scurried off and only reappeared when the thread was reignited . Only then did he accept a " wrist slapping "

Elite_Pie
09-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Maybe he as p****d me of enough that I wanted to argue with him after his ***ist remark and his efforts to belittle me but he just scurried off and only reappeared when the thread was reignited . Only then did he accept a " wrist slapping "

As I explained, my remark was more 'childist' than ***ist, therefore I sincerely apologise to any children on here.

I hope you accept my apology navypie.

i961pie
09-08-2017, 07:16 PM
I find that remark really offensive and ***ist ep , perhaps you should show it to your daughters or maybe I could put it on some site where women are likely to see along with the photo of you in Portugal .As a big animal lover and the proud owner of a lovely 3 year old Labrador maybe you enjoy kicking dogs as well ! If you also want to play my dads bigger than yours , well I have decided to cut short my stay over here and return on the 23rd of August ( though I might return earlier because the job is doing my head in ) as we have booked to go away on a family holiday on the 25th to Menorca of all places ! I then plan to go to Australia and take in an Ashes test though I still need to convince my wife so that as a big ? mark next to it .So at the moment your dad is bigger than mine . One last thing , the ***ist remark you made about the 4km bike ride , well when I rolled up today that's all they had available and for the record , me and my lad regularly spend Sunday's going around Sherwood Pines but I hardly have to justify myself to you and before you come back with some smartarse remark saying I just have, I know .

I think you are over reacting I'm sure EP is joking.;D But then again after reading his last post maybe he aint:P

tarquinbeech
09-08-2017, 09:01 PM
EP likes to fight with anyone and everyone....in this case though, it did actually look like a joke....IMO

I've decided that this season, I'm going to take Smiffys' example.......everyone is my MAD buddy

ps I reserve the right to change my mind..............If you act a cnut, I'm coming after you with satirical wit and dazzling sarcasm

pps that might drizzling scarism......I'm a bit pissed....hic

SwalePie
09-08-2017, 10:17 PM
explain that again swale.
Previously, you had to use tinypic to get an upload

are you saying it is as daft as copy and paste now?

Almost....go to edit your post or to create a new one (or a reply) and look at the editing buttons above it. You'll see one which, when you hover your cursor over it, tells you it's to 'Insert Image'.

Click that and it'll ask you to Choose File, so click that button and find your file...then hit 'Upload file(s)' below it.

tarquinbeech
09-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Almost....go to edit your post or to create a new one (or a reply) and look at the editing buttons above it. You'll see one which, when you hover your cursor over it, tells you it's to 'Insert Image'. Click that and it'll ask you to Choose File, so click that button and find your file...then hit 'Upload file(s)' below it.

Nope, doesn't work....I tried to send a pic of my booze stash....it says "too big"....honestly

It says "reduce the size"....I'm doing my bleedin best, what else can I do?

SwalePie
09-08-2017, 10:56 PM
Nope, doesn't work....I tried to send a pic of my booze stash....it says "too big"....honestly

It says "reduce the size"....I'm doing my bleedin best, what else can I do?

Even the mighty servers of FootyMad can't handle that lot!

tarquinbeech
09-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Even the mighty servers of FootyMad can't handle that lot!

I think the pics have to be below a certain size?......mine are all around 3mb

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
09-08-2017, 11:38 PM
Reading this thread for the first time it looks like elite pie has yet another admirer and another addition to a long list of folk to argue with.

navypie
10-08-2017, 02:16 PM
As I explained, my remark was more 'childist' than ***ist, therefore I sincerely apologise to any children on here.

I hope you accept my apology navypie.

Very gracious, I do ep ( sorry still cant help myself with the lower case , childish I know but it amuses me ) Anyway , told them to f**k their job over here but gutted I cant get a flight home till Saturday morning which gets in about 11.30 then National Express up to Nottingham , my Mrs hates motorway driving. But if you where to agree to pick me up from Luton we could both probably make the match then all would definitely be forgiven . Not asking to much am I ?

tarquinbeech
10-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Very gracious, I do ep ( sorry still cant help myself with the lower case , childish I know but it amuses me ) Anyway , told them to f**k their job over here but gutted I cant get a flight home till Saturday morning which gets in about 11.30 then National Express up to Nottingham , my Mrs hates motorway driving. But if you where to agree to pick me up from Luton we could both probably make the match then all would definitely be forgiven . Not asking to much am I ?

The chances of EP picking you up from Luton....are probably zero....BUT if there are any other Pies coming up from London at 11.30ish???

navypie
10-08-2017, 02:29 PM
The chances of EP picking you up from Luton....are probably zero....BUT if there are any other Pies coming up from London at 11.30ish???
EasyJet mate , more likely be delayed !

navypie
10-08-2017, 03:48 PM

Should have asked the pilot to go around a few more times.

tarquinbeech
10-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Should have asked the pilot to go around a few more times.

What Elite didn't tell you was that his "original" destination was San Francisco....they stopped off in Cuba to forcibly remove him

Here's the video evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PUBafFOw3g

listen to the whole plane start cheering at the end