PDA

View Full Version : Chris Wood anyone..?

The Bedlington Terrier
07-08-2017, 05:42 AM
If Gray is going would Chris Wood be the man to replace him?

Charlie Taylor will know all about him but fees in excess of £20 million are being mentioned...

sinkov
07-08-2017, 07:06 AM
I was thinking the same myself TEC watching him against Bolton yesterday. Wouldn't bother me if we signed him, he seems a bit overpriced, but then again, these days who isn't?

army88
07-08-2017, 08:24 AM
If Gray is going would Chris Wood be the man to replace him?

Charlie Taylor will know all about him but fees in excess of £20 million are being mentioned...

He certainly scores goals Bt --- however I'd take the boy Philips
Looks like could be a force , aggressive two footed scores goals

Just a thought.

Norder
07-08-2017, 01:04 PM

Leeds want him to stay....Brighton seemingly showing interest.

...plenty of goals - because he's been there for the tap in......from Poor Championship defending - is there more to his game ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR6_W7O5tKs

...shouldn't be scratching around this late in the day - fingers crossed that we already have a couple names in the bag - we need more threat up front...take the pressure off the back.

;D

The Bedlington Terrier
07-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Tricky one this Norder because we still have Gray!

Norder
07-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Tricky one this Norder because we still have Gray!

...that shouldn't stop us from bringing in another BT - we were solid at the back last season....and that saved us - moving into another with what could very well be a weaker defence - without having a Strong attack to balance it out...would be foolhardy imo.

Hope I'm Wrong.

;D

The Bedlington Terrier
12-08-2017, 06:28 AM
...that shouldn't stop us from bringing in another BT - we were solid at the back last season....and that saved us - moving into another with what could very well be a weaker defence - without having a Strong attack to balance it out...would be foolhardy imo.

Hope I'm Wrong.

;D

£12 million bid gone in with add-ons, already knocked back by Leeds. How far will we go I wonder and I also wonder if Taylor has given SD the "heads-up" on a player he must know really well?

sinkov
12-08-2017, 07:06 AM
£12 million bid gone in with add-ons, already knocked back by Leeds. How far will we go I wonder and I also wonder if Taylor has given SD the "heads-up" on a player he must know really well?

Assombalonga £15m, Gray £18.5m, looks like we'll have to go a lot further than £12m to me.

oldcolner
12-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Brighton and West Brom have joined Burnley in tabling formal bids for Leeds United striker Chris Wood, Football Insider sources can reveal.

The Yorkshire giants have rejected the new offers from Brighton and West Brom, which were each worth £14million.

Yorkshire giants !!

ClaretinBudapest
12-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Isn`t he the one who missed a 6 yard open goal header against us last time out?

barrie_burn
12-08-2017, 10:39 AM
BBC football had us linked this week with a French striker.£12m was mentioned.Anybody got any news on that one?

The Bedlington Terrier
12-08-2017, 01:41 PM
BBC football had us linked this week with a French striker.£12m was mentioned.Anybody got any news on that one?

Ian Butterworth needs to earn his corn, we must sign someone from Europe soon..

Clucas bid gone in, Wood bid gone in, anything is possible when you have a bag of cash you don't really need...