PDA

View Full Version : Storey goal

blowupsheep
07-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Who else noticed a real touch from our manager at Storey's goal yesterday where he was clearly indicating to the rest of the team to get over to join in the goal celebrations and congratulate him, well done DM very nice touch.
Hope we can hold on to storey as there was interest from the fairmers reported recently.

COYR

awafaehame
07-08-2017, 09:34 AM
He's bulked up a lot but still seems pretty quick.
If he could get a run of games, he may turn out to be a great player for us.

I think he is worth keeping and giving a chance.

vinnydesalvo
07-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Would prefer seeing him given a bit more chance ahead of Elbows, that's for sure. Possibly even Maynard as, as you say, strength and pace. Age-wise, if the determination's there, could save us scraping barrel of one year striking misfits for a few seasons.

Buckle down Miles - it's there for you...

Pacman1903
07-08-2017, 12:08 PM
The difference between him and Stockley is we ken theres a player there as he gave us a hard time with Caley

Maybe a decent run is what he needs.

At Arbroath I noticed hes bulked up a good bit. Might be beneficial too

irnbru1903
07-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Never noticed but why would his team mates need told to celebrate a goal? Is this the real reason why Storey doesn't get much game time .... does not play well with others. I hope not.

TheRealSLYFOX
07-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Last minute. Tired. Not a crucial goal. Nothing sinister I don't think.

vinnydesalvo
07-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Manager went out of his way to inform of Storey's popularity in the dressing room in post-match. Nothing sinister - relief after a tough week and points secured. Isn't like the out of favour chap gets much chance to celebrate goals at perhaps favoured photo opp areas of the ground.

Cue is like getting a new striker soundbytes whilst Stewarty keeps the £400k to invest in a new ground committee funder.

Jussi
07-08-2017, 06:29 PM
Always reminds me of Peter Weir v Ipswich when anyone scores that way.

erchieplum
07-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Always reminds me of Peter Weir v Ipswich when anyone scores that way.

I was watching that on youtube yesterday. after all these years still get annoyed with the last minute penalty ( Scored by Strachan)which had to be retaken and goalie saved. In my book 4:1 us at Pittodrie 5:2 aggregate

sheepcrooky
07-08-2017, 11:00 PM
I see the early editions of tomorrow's PeeeeeandJay have him leaving soon. Surely to goodness he is a better option than Stockley.

blowupsheep
08-08-2017, 03:31 AM
Last minute. Tired. Not a crucial goal. Nothing sinister I don't think.

^^this^^ but still a nice touch from DM

sancho_panza
08-08-2017, 06:49 AM
I see the early editions of tomorrow's PeeeeeandJay have him leaving soon. Surely to goodness he is a better option than Stockley.

Comparing Stockley with Storey doesn't make much sense as they're providing different things to the squad.

Although Stockley seems to have elbowed his way into the position of chief scapegoat at the moment, we're always going to have someone like him in the squad so we can use him when we need to knock high balls into the box. The problem is having him start big games like he did in Cyprus.