PDA

View Full Version : Steve Bruce re; Christopher Samba on Saturday

freer
07-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Steve Bruce has said centre half Christopher Samba will be used as an option upfront following his cameo against Hull City last weekend.

Speaking to the Birmingham Mail Bruce answered questions about whether or not he would use Samba upfront again following his cameo against Hull City last weekend.

'If I didn't think he could do it, I wouldn't have put him on .I watched him play against Arsenal and he was unbelievable. We have got that in our armour now.'

Bruce went on to say.

It's something for us to consider and work on.'

No it ain't Steve ….. Meanwhile here back on planet earth

Something to consider

1. Keinan Davis, is "something to consider"

2. Leaving Hogan on who scored more goals last season than Gabby has managed in the last 4 four years is “something to consider”

3.How easily Leonid Slotsky out-tweaked us in midfield and our Manager had no answer to it is “Something to consider”

4.Throwing big Chris Samba upfront might work once or twice a season... Erm …...that just leaves Steve Bruce how many games which is “Something to consider”

Anyone “Something to consider” for Mr Bruce

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/walking-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Not you Bongo were already basking in the miracle of Villa’s answer to “The Kraken”

bongosdad
07-08-2017, 09:44 AM
I don't really want to join in on your Bruce hate campaign anyway.

stateside
07-08-2017, 12:06 PM
Villa's half time team talk: You lads did great out there. Keep it up and the goals will start coming. We got this.

Opposition: That was horrendous! Tighten up on your man. Pass crisper and quicker. We aren't using the wings and it's allowing their full backs to get forward. Use our wings, wingers, don't be afraid to take the full backs on! Cross early or get the ball in behind the defenders.

Seemed like every week last season at home except against the top opponents, we went all out in the first half, grab a lead and allow the opponent back in the game and they continue to seem to be surprised by it.

freer
07-08-2017, 12:09 PM
I don't really want to join in on your Bruce hate campaign anyway.

Bongo you have an extraordinary inability to understand things don't you ?

This is a genuine Villa fan feelings

Shame you can’t see further than the end of your nose, cleaning the sepia tinted glasses might help ?

Personally I believe you are in desperate need of
http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/36/animated-doctor-image-0004.gif (http://www.animatedimages.org/cat-doctors-36.htm)

a full frontal lobotomy !

freer
07-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Villa's half time team talk: You lads did great out there. Keep it up and the goals will start coming. We got this.

Opposition: That was horrendous! Tighten up on your man. Pass crisper and quicker. We aren't using the wings and it's allowing their full backs to get forward. Use our wings, wingers, don't be afraid to take the full backs on! Cross early or get the ball in behind the defenders.

Seemed like every week last season at home except against the top opponents, we went all out in the first half, grab a lead and allow the opponent back in the game and they continue to seem to be surprised by it.

Right on the money there, however for Christ sake States... pleeeese don't confuse ‘ol Bongo by introducing the unmistakable facts

bongosdad
07-08-2017, 12:41 PM
I just think Bruce is the right man for the job. Long term I don't know but short term we won't get a better man for the job unless you have any other suggestions? ......didn't think so.

freer
07-08-2017, 01:10 PM
I just think Bruce is the right man for the job. Long term I don't know but short term we won't get a better man for the job unless you have any other suggestions? ......didn't think so.

If you read my post earlier instead of running your mouth asper

We can get promoted under Steve Bruce, he has an impressive track record at this level, I like his honesty & directness

However NONE of the teams S B achieved promotion with were easy on the eye /enjoyable to watch-his game plan primarily is prevent the opposition from playing, rather than setting out an attacking force – as illustrated yesterday by playing ONE man up front

I too find it perplexing (as States points out)

He signs players then takes away their best attributes/plays them out of position instructs them to adopt a style of play different to the one which brought them to his attention

If we manage promotion S B will have served his purpose, if were underachieving 12 games in I think Dr Xia will swiftly end Bruce's tenure

Just saying loike

bongosdad
07-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Fair enough but I would like point out that Bruce hasn't managed a big club in the premiership. It would be interesting to see how he gets on.
We had enough chances to win the game on Saturday so I'm not to worried.

stateside
07-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Hey Free. We should probably send a thank you note to Spurs for Onomah.

So far I've got Dear Mr Potty.

Hope you're not concerned about sending your young lad to a club that hasn't produced any Premier league quality players since O Neill was our manager.

The good news is that Steve Bruce has forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know. The bad news is that he's forgotten more about football than we feel comfortable with.

Anyway, I hear this lad is a decent player with attacking flair. Don't worry, we'll train that out of him.

Don't look at it like you're losing a midfielder. Look at it like you're gaining a left wing back.

TrianonDave
07-08-2017, 08:24 PM
You guys know by now I am still in the 'lets keep Ross mac' brigade and it just puzzles me why he does not give him a chance, we are short up front and he just wants to keep lowering the price to blunderland in an effort to offload the guy.

Hogan and Gabby ran themselves into the ground and that's why they had nothing to offer in the second half, would have been good to have thrown Mac on for the last 26 minutes, you never know we could have a free kick and he is dangerous, it is his forte, just knocking it up to Samba in hope he can get a flick on is just down right short sighted and smacks of desperation!

We are in the market for a striker and now it appears we will accept 4 million for Ross mac, Ridiculous, that's a years salary only!
Why should we again appear so desperate to accept lower and lower until he goes for nothing, sort it out Bruce just give him a chance.

Just imagine how Sunderland will be feeling getting a 20 goal a season player for next to nothing, he will go on to get them promoted.

bongosdad
07-08-2017, 09:12 PM
I still think if we can get something for him we should sell. I don't agree with loaning him out so I agree we might as well play him.

freer
07-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Hey Free. We should probably send a thank you note to Spurs for Onomah.

So far I've got Dear Mr Potty.

Hope you're not concerned about sending your young lad to a club that hasn't produced any Premier league quality players since O Neill was our manager.

The good news is that Steve Bruce has forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know. The bad news is that he's forgotten more about football than we feel comfortable with.

Anyway, I hear this lad is a decent player with attacking flair. Don't worry, we'll train that out of him.

Don't look at it like you're losing a midfielder. Look at it like you're gaining a left wing back.

There seems to be quite a few who were miffed by S Bruce's tactics States !

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/07/100-desperation-aston-villa-fans-absolutely-furious-with-recent/

bongosdad
07-08-2017, 11:33 PM
Even if we won the league you wouldn't like him. Let's get behind the bloke!

stateside
08-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Yeah we would. He seems to have lost the plot though. It's becoming a thinking mans' game though not just 4-4-2 and a jolly good pumping up.

dazzyowen
09-08-2017, 08:14 AM
Agree about the young lad getting a chance and also hogan staying on but it is an option to throw a giant up top of we're chasing ? Don't wanna see it too often mind and hopefully we'll get over this not closing games down thing quickly as personally it's gonna thrash my head out another season of losing the lead and not winning games.