Crowd disturbance and not having stewards at the game last week

Is the 1st time we have been charged by Eufa

GASC1980
07-08-2017, 11:23 AM
We were fined in 2007 after Dnipro

kkong
07-08-2017, 11:57 AM
We were fined in 2007 after Dnipro

Did we not get charged for pyro away to Sigma Olomouc, or did that not come to pass?

ILikeJam
07-08-2017, 01:19 PM
The "no stewards with travelling fans" seems like a strange one - surely the club would know about this beforehand?

Does the club (maybe all clubs?) just ignore that one due to cost on the assumption that there will be no trouble?

Mek
07-08-2017, 04:26 PM
According to Scottish police they only send stewards with fans if it is requested by the home nation.

Bit of an odd one all round tbh.

Gogsred
07-08-2017, 05:04 PM
One of the charges against Apollon relates to the "improper conduct of their team". I wonder what that is exactly. I presume it relates to the play acting and time wasting.

Hairdrier
07-08-2017, 05:10 PM
A pity the hearing is on the 17th, it rules out getting them kicked out of the tournament.

Aldo1983
07-08-2017, 05:18 PM
One of the charges against Apollon relates to the "improper conduct of their team". I wonder what that is exactly. I presume it relates to the play acting and time wasting.

It's down to their 5 yellow cards. Hamilton had 5 and a red yesterday. No idea if they get punished by the league.

kkong
07-08-2017, 06:40 PM
The "no stewards with travelling fans" seems like a strange one - surely the club would know about this beforehand?

The charge is under the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations:

Article 24 – Travel of visiting supporters
2. If more than 500 supporters are expected to travel to an away match, the visiting association or club concerned is required to appoint an adequate number of stewards to accompany and assist supporters during their journeys to and from the venue and at the match, and to liaise between the public authorities and the supporters.

Jussi
07-08-2017, 08:10 PM
I'm sure we must've had at least 2 .
Milne is one

medw1311
07-08-2017, 11:30 PM
According to Scottish police they only send stewards with fans if it is requested by the home nation.

Bit of an odd one all round tbh.

The quote from the Police was a bit of BS from the BBC, it was referring to a Police Liason Officer not stewards. But tbh never heard anything about us having to take our own Stewards before.

Acchh pity my old man wasn't still alive he actually was called Steward lol.

medw1311
07-08-2017, 11:34 PM

2. If more than 500 supporters are expected to travel to an away match, the visiting association or club concerned is required to appoint an adequate number of stewards to accompany and assist supporters during their journeys to and from the venue and at the match, and to liaise between the public authorities and the supporters.

This brings up an interesting point, with the confusing nature of the ticket sales when they sold out and stuff...I wonder how many tickets we "Officially" sold (as in getting passport numbers and stuff)

TartanIvor
08-08-2017, 06:06 AM
A pity the hearing is on the 17th, it rules out getting them kicked out of the tournament.

or ordered to play behind closed doors

ILikeJam
08-08-2017, 08:55 AM

I understand the charge - what I don't understand is that it bears no relation to any of the trouble that occurred, so if there had been no trouble in the ground we'd still face action on that charge? Or did UEFA just start digging into one thing and find this out by chance and choose to tack it on for a few extra £££?

This seems like an 'admin' error by the club (akin to improperly registered players)

ILikeJam
08-08-2017, 09:07 AM

I wondered if it was the celebrations at their goals - manager getting sent off in the first game, taps aff/inciting crowd at the 2nd in the away game

medw1311
08-08-2017, 10:10 AM
I wondered if it was the celebrations at their goals - manager getting sent off in the first game, taps aff/inciting crowd at the 2nd in the away game

Improper Conduct is a standard UEFA charge for any team that get 5 or mair bookings in a single game.

kkong
18-08-2017, 10:12 AM
€10,000 fine for Dons crowd disturbances, plus a warning for lack of stewards.

€27,500 fine for Apollon.

Pacman1903
18-08-2017, 10:36 AM
€10,000 fine for Dons crowd disturbances,

Bloody hoodlums

Mason89
18-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Bloody hoodlums

Just think, they'll be rampaging round the new ground every second week

Pacman1903
19-08-2017, 08:47 PM
I noticed on the club website the club are refusing to comment until UEFA explain themselves more

supersneak
20-08-2017, 11:30 AM
I understand the charge - what I don't understand is that it bears no relation to any of the trouble that occurred, so if there had been no trouble in the ground we'd still face action on that charge? Or did UEFA just start digging into one thing and find this out by chance and choose to tack it on for a few extra £££?

This seems like an 'admin' error by the club (akin to improperly registered players)

Police Scotland normally send a liaison team to european away games to assist with security, but it appears that this can only be done with the permission of the host country, which was not forthcoming for this match.