PDA

View Full Version : Just To Put The Record Straight

animallittle3
07-08-2017, 11:13 AM
There's nobody with more sympathy for Hecky than myself , having to accept losing such a good bunch of players in next to no time must be difficult to say the least .

Not having anything near approaching the money generated from the sales too must be equally frustrating .

People point out that he took the job on knowing what the plan entailed , yes he did but that's just too easy to say isn't it , nobody could have prepared themselves for the loss of so many quality players in such a small space of time , plan or no plan , a couple yes but near enough a whole team , nah , not having it .

He's also had promises made to him that haven't been forthcoming , more in the budget I would guess and he worked without a CEO for many many months let's not forget .

Poor Hecky , well not quite .

I couldn't fault his comments after the Rotherham debacle , I just wished he'd have kept them in house , washing your dirty laundry in public isn't good , especially with a new team full of inexperienced lads a week before the season commences , that isn't great management any day of the week even if he's bang on with the sentiment , we need to be together at this club or we are dead in the water , the suits also need to be reminded of that .

The team he put out at Bristol was a train crash , clown trousers , I'll back you all day long Hecky but feck me don't push it mate .

Sort the Hammill thing out please , if the club isn't big enough for the both of you then Hammill goes , end of , Hecky manages , Hammill plays , if it's broken get shut this thing can't be allowed to continue because as Exile pointed out it's affecting judgement .

I want nothing more than this thing to succeed and ourselves a championship club for many years .

However I will have my two penneth if I see things are not right , I go to games when I can , I have a four on and four off working pattern and so does my partner , family life is more important to me than anything .

I've done my hard yards with this club and attended games some don't even know took place , I visited Ashton Gate when some folk were still clapping their hands to Mickey Mouse .

I've said my piece and it's water under the bridge now .

Jules88
07-08-2017, 12:28 PM
I was the one who had the first go mate, and apologise if it's me you are P*ssed with. I know more than anyone what it's like to work weekends as it's only the past four or five years I've been able to return to watching full time after doing the same as you in the eighties and nineties and traipsing to Torquay on a Friday night. !!! .
I forgot that when I had a go..... These days it becomes harder with the seven day, weekend culture of places working, and more and more of us are having to work weekends......to supposedly "service" the need for longer opening hours.
Your passion for the club is obvious to all and we all get uppity after changes like we have gone through recently at the club....
like you say, we need to stick together. We may not all agree, but one thing we all want is the best for the club.... We just all have different ways we would put it right!

Ponte_Steve24
07-08-2017, 12:31 PM
I'll apply for the manager's job it's not that hard picking an 11 twice a week ;D

animallittle3
08-08-2017, 10:29 AM
I was the one who had the first go mate, and apologise if it's me you are P*ssed with. I know more than anyone what it's like to work weekends as it's only the past four or five years I've been able to return to watching full time after doing the same as you in the eighties and nineties and traipsing to Torquay on a Friday night. !!! .
I forgot that when I had a go..... These days it becomes harder with the seven day, weekend culture of places working, and more and more of us are having to work weekends......to supposedly "service" the need for longer opening hours.
Your passion for the club is obvious to all and we all get uppity after changes like we have gone through recently at the club....
like you say, we need to stick together. We may not all agree, but one thing we all want is the best for the club.... We just all have different ways we would put it right!

We are all reds jules , the wins bring me joy and the defeats hurt , it still chuffin hurts sat on my sofa watching Stelling just as much as at Oakwell .

Got to earn Jules , on a good number now mate but I've to do weekend working 6 months of the year , JLO's the same and it hardly seems to marry up .

I saw her for half n hour last week in total , time together now is for breaks away and some bloody good holidays , the sacrifices have to have something at the end of it or what's the point .

We have a weekend off work coming up at the end of this month and we are off to York for the Ebor festival , we both love the races , too good to miss this event .

Would have gone tonight if I was on earlies , im on fecking lates !!!!

Sods law mate .

Ponte_Steve24
08-08-2017, 10:41 AM
I got me and Laura a season ticket on finance. If I've got to suffer she can too ;D Joking aside I'm looking forward to this saturday despite our drubbing at Bristol. I'm hoping to see the new lads play. I honestly think it would be different being at home.

Jules88
08-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Mrs T has every weekend off. I struggled to get home matches off for 25 years and last season made a change. We both get Wednesdays off so at least we do get some time. The people who tend to like the "Weekend opening" of shops and are calling for late nights and weekend are invariably the beggars who won't have to work.
Ask accountants Lawyers and bankers to work weekends and there would be a riot in the land. Doctors are leaving the practices in droves as they're being forced to open later and weekends.
Things have been getting better lately as we've decided that the footy is worth spending the extra and combining it with a weekend away. You are right about the "Sonething at the end" Saturdays loss didn't seem as bad with a weekend away involved we've had a crap first half of the year with car accident and a big op for Mrs T so we are going for a few weekends this year. If the boss changes or this Ones "benevolent" agreement to help with schedules changes then I'll be back to square one again.

It'll take a bit of getting used to mate working weekends.
Enjoy the racing... it can't be all about work!!!

Acido
08-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Like I said as well Jules, I also had a go and thats not normally like me. >:(
Im as frustrated as the next fan and when we collapsed at Bristol after 30 minutes and a cricket score was threatened, I had that feeling of 'thats it, never again' etc.
Ive been talking to a Hudds fan today and I enjoyed it actually, it was interesting to hear his comments about where they have come from this past 3 years and he suggested we're doing the same right now as a club before Hoyle actually started spending some real money on the team.
I think this plan has got to change, or got to be tweaked somehow and lets not be so naive eh in refusing to look at players because they are allegedly too old. If a player is good enough, then surely hes the 'right age'.
Like you said Animal if theres some beef between Hecky & Hammill its got to be sorted out and quickly, for all of our sakes. Dropping him and making an awful choice in Potts to start ahead of him really cost us on Satdy, in fact it might have cost us a win because who knows what would have happened if we'd had that proper shape to the team right from the start.

Jules88
08-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Ha ha ha .....Only just read your reply to my post mate... missed it! We're all guilty of talking Blox from time to time and If ya give it, you've to take it. It's what we agree to as a group.

Ponte_Steve24
08-08-2017, 02:04 PM
I talk ballax all the time ;D

Acido
08-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Ha ha ha .....Only just read your reply to my post mate... missed it! We're all guilty of talking Blox from time to time and If ya give it, you've to take it. It's what we agree to as a group.

Btw the Hudds fan was genuinely interested in talking about us as well as his own club, and thats how Id always imagined most of them to be like. What they say about us behind our backs though is another matter. :P
Whether a few beers are involved or not, thats the good thing about boards like these, the sharing of views and sometimes when one of us or a few of us loses the plot lol.