PDA

View Full Version : Close To Four Signings

animallittle3
07-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Feck in hell Hecky , check Hecky's assessment of the Bristol game also .

Don't like his tone I have to say , not good , seeing a different Hecky these days .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05brl4w

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
07-08-2017, 12:33 PM
I'm thinking if you've no announcements to make then don't say anything at all.
A certain section of fans keep getting whipped up about imminent new signings due to comments from the club. I feel these comments are misplaced until they've actually signed.

Ponte_Steve24
07-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Me too. Just happy to wait and see. I'm a bit excited though.

POGGYWELL
07-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Certainly not the same Hecky as we've become to know.

We've too many midfielders he's saying so why have we signed them and really who's making these decisions? His tone signifies they are not all his.

Let's hope things work out before this window closes.

Ponte_Steve24
07-08-2017, 12:49 PM
What about Winnall, Hourihane , Bree and Holgate on loan?

Romared
07-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Oh Dear , dunt sarnd good !

Acido
07-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Hes a goalscorer so Id take a chance on that bloke called Winnall. Has anybody heard of him ? :P
If there is any sort of suggestion that Hecky didn't want or worse, maybe didn't even know about some of these signings, then we should be worried. And when he went off on one and had a go at them after the Rotherham flop, I wonder who hes got in mind especially, if he thinks some of them aren't good enough.

Romared
07-08-2017, 03:00 PM
Who would pick players besides Hecky ? I find it hard to believe that he didn't know or didn't want some of them , what is concerning is he say he wants 2 players for every position ? We must have around 8 midfielders :?

SBRed48
07-08-2017, 03:14 PM
A carn 't imagine Hecky being the sooart a bloke who'd let somebody else pick and choose who we wo signing.

He sed we wo unbalanced evvin too many similar midfielders. My guess is these were all on his "list" but all wiv got in so far are mainly the midfield and the strikers evvent come for varying reasons cos they're harder to get competing against richer clubs eg Fletch going to Boro.

He ez to do a Press Meeting on Monday fo Tuesday matches and Thursday fo Setdi matches and answers the questions put to him in a honest straightforrad manner wi no bullsh1t. If iz not happy wi summat he sez sooar rather than bland answers.

POGGYWELL
07-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Yes the more I think about it it's the order of the incomings and not the actual signings.

yorkshireborn
07-08-2017, 03:49 PM
i think some of you are missing the point Hecky is only the head coach he is not a manager he may have an idea of the players he wants but i have a feeling he has no say on who he gets.
the club seem to have a policy of lower league young talent for making a profit on when they get sold on. you only need 1 player out of say 10 to make it to a biggish club.

jdohants
07-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Certainly not the same Hecky as we've become to know.

We've too many midfielders he's saying so why have we signed them and really who's making these decisions? His tone signifies they are not all his.

Let's hope things work out before this window closes.

Enough is enough for me. I have done with the Reds after 70 years of loyal following. All we have ever done is sell, sell, sell. This club owner, like many before, would sell their grandmother for two bob.

POGGYWELL
07-08-2017, 03:57 PM
i think some of you are missing the point Hecky is only the head coach he is not a manager he may have an idea of the players he wants but i have a feeling he has no say on who he gets.
the club seem to have a policy of lower league young talent for making a profit on when they get sold on. you only need 1 player out of say 10 to make it to a biggish club.

I'm not missing the point at all. We are all mostly making assumptions and I can't believe for one minute that the "Head Coach" at any club doesn't have the influence on which players are signed.

Romared
07-08-2017, 04:35 PM
the club seem to have a policy of lower league young talent for making a profit on when they get sold on. you only need 1 player out of say 10 to make it to a biggish club. But who is making the decision on signings if it's not Hecky ? I'm getting a bit worried if the likes of BT or MW or even GG are choosing who we sign ? That carnt be right surely ? Maybe Bobby Hassell ? Carnt see that either , but Hecky did allude to some knowing better than him :? The fact is it needs resolving quickly , any fallouts etc need to be aired and hopefully an end put to them soon ,

Jules88
07-08-2017, 05:02 PM
We appear to be more unstable now than when we had no CEO......

DOOALI
07-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Too many cooks spoil the broth it looks and sounds like a right F++k up spending 100s of thousands on too many midfielders.HOPE they their act together

Romared
07-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Enough is enough for me. I have done with the Reds after 70 years of loyal following. All we have ever done is sell, sell, sell. This club owner, like many before, would sell their grandmother for two bob.
Tha carn't pack in nar Jdohants , why would you pack in after all them years ? We have to sell to survive , keep the faith , hard some of older ones think same ! But keep carrying on !!

yorkshireborn
07-08-2017, 06:16 PM
thats all we can do is make assumptions

Exiletyke
07-08-2017, 08:12 PM

"the club seem to have a policy of lower league young talent for making a profit on when they get sold on"

Gerraway!.

yorkshireborn
07-08-2017, 09:29 PM
"the club seem to have a policy of lower league young talent for making a profit on when they get sold on"

Gerraway!.

ya really

Romared
07-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Forkhandles !!

Ponte_Steve24
08-08-2017, 05:17 AM
Handles for forks XD

Old Goat
08-08-2017, 07:30 AM

And then what?
Stones (inc. sell-on), Mawson, Hourihane, Bree, Winnall, Roberts and potentially Yids.. (have I missed anybody?).
That's a lot more than just 1 out of 10, so at what point do the proceeds start flowing back into the first team?
I know there's wages to consider too, but if the plan is working and generating money, where's it going?

I'm not advocating that we live beyond our means, but cash-wise the plan as currently being operated only seems to take us so far.

But what do I know... maybe its a really long-term plan and we're gonna keep saving up until we can afford to take Neymar from PSG for £200m.

Ponte_Steve24
08-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Well I think we're saving up for a rainy day. So with it raining today I predict some signings ;D

EastStandRed
08-08-2017, 11:37 AM
And then what?
Stones (inc. sell-on), Mawson, Hourihane, Bree, Winnall, Roberts and potentially Yids.. (have I missed anybody?).
That's a lot more than just 1 out of 10, so at what point do the proceeds start flowing back into the first team?
I know there's wages to consider too, but if the plan is working and generating money, where's it going?

I'm not advocating that we live beyond our means, but cash-wise the plan as currently being operated only seems to take us so far.

But what do I know... maybe its a really long-term plan and we're gonna keep saving up until we can afford to take Neymar from PSG for £200m.

Maybe they've paid the £10m loans/debts off , spent about £8m and saved a bit for future seasons when we don't have anyone to sell .

POGGYWELL
08-08-2017, 11:53 AM
And then what?

Mason Holgate.

animallittle3
08-08-2017, 11:56 AM
And then what?

John Stones sell on wonga

conditionred
08-08-2017, 11:59 AM
I personally think mr Cryne is saving the bulk of the transfer monies for his family for when the inevitable happens.I also think he is justified in doing so.

animallittle3
08-08-2017, 12:01 PM
I personally think mr Cryne is saving the bulk of the transfer monies for his family for when the inevitable happens.I also think he is justified in doing so.

I haven't a problem with that either , just wish someone at the club would communicate with us on it .

Ponte_Steve24
08-08-2017, 12:04 PM
I said that the other week and it was slander ;D

animallittle3
08-08-2017, 12:06 PM
I said that the other week and it was slander ;D

Not quite steve , tha put it across from a slightly different angle mate :-) :-)

Ponte_Steve24
08-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Aye I did resemble the Anti- Christ a little mate :D

DOOALI
08-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Money available has so far been spent stupidly and recklessly

Ponte_Steve24
08-08-2017, 12:34 PM
We've signed players willy nilly with no thought process as to how they are going to make a starting 11 and what system the team will play.

We knew we'd lose Roberts, Scowen, Watkins. In my mind we've replaced Roberts with Pinnock and Lindsay- job done. We haven't replaced Scowen and Watkins.

From the last window in my mind we had a ready made replacement for Hourihane with Moncur. Like it or hate it he is Hourihane's replacement. What should have happened sooner was him and Mowatt playing together instead of Matty James.

We never replaced Winnall and that's a problem. For my money we didn't even need 11 players. Just the right players. We already had Moncur, Hammill, Mowatt, Hedges, Almeida. Did we need Potts and Mallan? Probably not. Was Mallan injured at the weekend?

It's a really unbalanced squad. I hope someone does start listening to Hecky now.