PDA

View Full Version : Sky Sports Merson Predicts 17th for Toon

TheOtherTerryMac
07-08-2017, 05:29 PM
He's got Watford, Brighton & Huddersfield to be relegated.

He is a fantastic pundit and really knows his football

Jammy89
07-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Can't stand the prick but i'll take that now.

It means we stay up.

TheOtherTerryMac
07-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Can't stand the prick but i'll take that now.

It means we stay up.

With what we have signed I would be happy with that Jammy

pboromag
08-08-2017, 01:40 PM
We won't finish above Watford with our squad as it is

ghostrider
08-08-2017, 01:53 PM
We haven't exactly got the best squad we could hop[e for but it's not as bad as some people believe it is.
We lack a top striker that could change our fortunes in terms of end of season league position by a good number of places, but none of us really know the entire script of what we can do when kicking a ball in anger whilst back in the prem.
We might get a fairly reasonable surprise.

Massive fingers crossed, but either way I'm looking forward to it and not wasting too much time dwelling on what if's and will we wont we stuff.

toonlegend
08-08-2017, 03:18 PM
me neither.

what will be will be.

I'm hoping we are in for a nice surprise (with some of our players who are totally unknown - and/or unknown in the premiership)

but if we don't impress - then what's new

it's still all the fat controllers fault

pboromag
08-08-2017, 05:38 PM
me neither.

what will be will be.

I'm hoping we are in for a nice surprise (with some of our players who are totally unknown - and/or unknown in the premiership)

but if we don't impress - then what's new

it's still all the fat controllers fault

It ain't
Rafa wanted full control
He has it

Under charnley Carr and fat boy we would have got players in

But Rafa didn't want carrs players

So we end up with a load of Spanish nobodies and chasing a load of Spanish has berms or rafas old guard

andyj73
08-08-2017, 06:10 PM
.. What's happened to the the 'Rafimation' Terry .. I nearly fell of my seat when the fella on Total Sport came out with that name ..

With what we have signed I would be happy with that Jammy

NorthernRock
08-08-2017, 06:27 PM
It ain't
Rafa wanted full control
He has it

So we end up with a load of Spanish nobodies and chasing a load of Spanish has berms or rafas old guard

Look mate you spell it out yourself but you're too ignorant to even bother to listen to what you're actually posting...

Rafa has control, yes? Correct, so why the **** hasn't he been able to sign the 4-5 players that he wanted at the beginning of the window then? Aye, he's already came out and explained certain reasons that he can professionally state but it doesn't take a rocket scientist (or insider? to look a bit deeper and realise why..

"I hope Mike keeps his word"...

"I expected something different"...

Need I go on?

He's in charge of who he wants to bring in but Charnley clearly hasn't done that for many reasons.

Lets also look at the fact with Mike saying "he can have every last penny", that INCLUDED player sales, now again we don't need an expert to tell us that 30 odd players don't fit into a 25 man squad so we'd need to sell anyway unless we're prepared to let assets rot to accommodate them? Is he ****, which is why he said he could have every last penny and Rafa's only recently (start of the window) realised that this is the case.

Charnley hasn't been able to sell unwanted players, that's what's holding everything up. Do you really think Rafa gives too much **** about what we get for Krul or Rivierie? Does he **** but MA and Charnley do though, which is why he's getting pissed off. He's getting players lined up but fat Mike is seeing money elsewhere going down the drain if he signs another 3-4 players as that would leave a good 5 players sitting round playing with their knobs.

Charnley's job is to negotiate and buy/sell required players, this is NOT Benitez's job to do it is to select required players/unwanted players... He's CLEARLY done that, which is why he's getting pissed off... Well do you see the players not needed being sold or the needed amount of reinforcements being brought in? Do you ****.

That means either

A- Fat Mike is closing his wallet until we've reduced our squad size to enable said players to be used/unwanted sold on.
B- Charnley using fat Mikes tactics can't compete with other clubs so they're taking a better wage elsewhere/Agents not happy with commission
C- Money is readily available, players have been chosen and unfortunately Charnley can't arrange a piss-up(he has completed important signings previously but under what conditions?) and is unable to successfully negotiate with the player(s) and/or clubs
D- Under Peterborough's logic- Everything is in place, Charnley is happily negotiating on a level with buyers/sellers and Rafa is that inept that he doesn't know who to sell/keep in his squad and can't think of any targets to sign...

I mean **** me get real man Rafa's doing his job, he negotiates with contacts/agents and maybe chairmen in Spain if he knows them on a personal level but it's the others above who will be actually negotiating prices etc, his hands are tied regarding that ffs.

FWIW I think we'll finish top half and contrary to what some believe I think we're signing good quality players who improve our first team and squad.. With restrictions what more can you ask for?

toonlegend
08-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Look mate you spell it out yourself but you're too ignorant to even bother to listen to what you're actually posting...

Rafa has control, yes? Correct, so why the **** hasn't he been able to sign the 4-5 players that he wanted at the beginning of the window then? Aye, he's already came out and explained certain reasons that he can professionally state but it doesn't take a rocket scientist (or insider? to look a bit deeper and realise why..

"I hope Mike keeps his word"...

"I expected something different"...

Need I go on?

He's in charge of who he wants to bring in but Charnley clearly hasn't done that for many reasons.

Lets also look at the fact with Mike saying "he can have every last penny", that INCLUDED player sales, now again we don't need an expert to tell us that 30 odd players don't fit into a 25 man squad so we'd need to sell anyway unless we're prepared to let assets rot to accommodate them? Is he ****, which is why he said he could have every last penny and Rafa's only recently (start of the window) realised that this is the case.

Charnley hasn't been able to sell unwanted players, that's what's holding everything up. Do you really think Rafa gives too much **** about what we get for Krul or Rivierie? Does he **** but MA and Charnley do though, which is why he's getting pissed off. He's getting players lined up but fat Mike is seeing money elsewhere going down the drain if he signs another 3-4 players as that would leave a good 5 players sitting round playing with their knobs.

Charnley's job is to negotiate and buy/sell required players, this is NOT Benitez's job to do it is to select required players/unwanted players... He's CLEARLY done that, which is why he's getting pissed off... Well do you see the players not needed being sold or the needed amount of reinforcements being brought in? Do you ****.

That means either

A- Fat Mike is closing his wallet until we've reduced our squad size to enable said players to be used/unwanted sold on.
B- Charnley using fat Mikes tactics can't compete with other clubs so they're taking a better wage elsewhere/Agents not happy with commission
C- Money is readily available, players have been chosen and unfortunately Charnley can't arrange a piss-up(he has completed important signings previously but under what conditions?) and is unable to successfully negotiate with the player(s) and/or clubs
D- Under Peterborough's logic- Everything is in place, Charnley is happily negotiating on a level with buyers/sellers and Rafa is that inept that he doesn't know who to sell/keep in his squad and can't think of any targets to sign...

I mean **** me get real man Rafa's doing his job, he negotiates with contacts/agents and maybe chairmen in Spain if he knows them on a personal level but it's the others above who will be actually negotiating prices etc, his hands are tied regarding that ffs.

FWIW I think we'll finish top half and contrary to what some believe I think we're signing good quality players who improve our first team and squad.. With restrictions what more can you ask for?

^^^this^^^ hear hear

ex_pat_magpie
08-08-2017, 08:47 PM
^^^this^^^ hear hear

Says it all to those who will read and understand.

ex_pat_magpie
09-08-2017, 07:56 AM
It ain't
Rafa wanted full control
He has it

Unfortunately Rafa has no control over the countless mistakes and bad decisions made by both Ashley and his puppet Charnley before Rafa arrived on the scene.

Rafa is still living with, and trying to improve the situation with his hands tied, by average players sitting on long contracts and high wages which he would never have authorised.

Who do you think is responsible for the club finding it almost impossible to move on the players who ought not to be in our new squad?

It is certainly not Rafa, but some unthinking people blame him because he finds it difficult to deal with the historical mistakes of the amateurs who preceded him (I exclude Carr in this group).

toptoon
09-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Unfortunately Rafa has no control over the countless mistakes and bad decisions made by both Ashley and his puppet Charnley before Rafa arrived on the scene.

Rafa is still living with, and trying to improve the situation with his hands tied, by average players sitting on long contracts and high wages which he would never have authorised.

Who do you think is responsible for the club finding it almost impossible to move on the players who ought not to be in our new squad?

It is certainly not Rafa, but some unthinking people blame him because he finds it difficult to deal with the historical mistakes of the amateurs who preceded him (I exclude Carr in this group).

I agree but isnīt this quite normal when a club is promoted? We all know how long it takes to build a good squad and this is one of the reasons why i.e. getting rid of deadwood. Once this is done, you need to get the players that you want and can afford and then get the squad to gel.
I get the feeling that some people expect us to have a great PL squad overnight. While thatīs unrealistic, I think thereīs a balance to be struck and we really do need a couple more players (including a striker) to do ourselves justice this season.

ex_pat_magpie
09-08-2017, 10:13 AM
I agree but isnīt this quite normal when a club is promoted? We all know how long it takes to build a good squad and this is one of the reasons why i.e. getting rid of deadwood. Once this is done, you need to get the players that you want and can afford and then get the squad to gel.
I get the feeling that some people expect us to have a great PL squad overnight. While thatīs unrealistic, I think thereīs a balance to be struck and we really do need a couple more players (including a striker) to do ourselves justice this season.

It's a problem that we have but both Huddersfield and Brighton didn't have. They had no players on 5 year contracts and ridiculously high wages and thus found it easy to move out the squad members who weren't good enough for the premiership thus freeing up places for new players their managers wanted in.

Because of Ashley's and Charnley's previous lack of experience and foresight Rafa is left with the problems these two have created by planning on cashing in on talent with a sellon value and long contracts. Unfortunately it only worked with the likes of Sissoko and Wijnaldum. The lesser mundane players who are in the majority can't or won't move on because they have too much to lose in wages.

This wasn't the case with the other two promoted teams.

ghostrider
09-08-2017, 10:37 AM
It's a problem that we have but both Huddersfield and Brighton didn't have. They had no players on 5 year contracts and ridiculously high wages and thus found it easy to move out the squad members who weren't good enough for the premiership thus freeing up places for new players their managers wanted in.

Because of Ashley's and Charnley's previous lack of experience and foresight Rafa is left with the problems these two have created by planning on cashing in on talent with a sellon value and long contracts. Unfortunately it only worked with the likes of Sissoko and Wijnaldum. The lesser mundane players who are in the majority can't or won't move on because they have too much to lose in wages.

This wasn't the case with the other two promoted teams.

Brighton and Huddersfield weren't relegated from the premier league the season before.
There's a massive difference.

andyj73
09-08-2017, 11:51 AM
.. Rafa Moyes, says you are in a relegation battle on Talk Sport ..

ex_pat_magpie
09-08-2017, 12:00 PM
Brighton and Huddersfield weren't relegated from the premier league the season before.
There's a massive difference.

Exactly and that is my point. Those two weren't lumbered with players on far too long Premiership contracts and over high wages by Championship standards there for it was relatively easy for them to remove or sell off their surplus of dross players their relevant managers didn't want. BUT because of the amateurs handling our former purchases Rafa has been lumbered with players he doesn't want but are sitting on luxurious contracts and it's not his fault that they can't be moved on.