PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy League News 2017/2018

Pages : [1] 2

VillaRosie
07-08-2017, 05:36 PM
ITS BACK !!!!!!!

First of all welcome TD and his team TDFC to VM Fantasy League. I have a feeling your going to be good at this Dave and that's worrying. :P

If everyone is agreeable instead of posting the top three weekly scores I propose to have a Manager of the week medal awarded to the manager/team with the highest point score, likewise I will not post the league positions every week when there is no change. Drongo of the week will stay though. Hope that's ok.

A busy closed season for our managers wheeling and dealing, decisions, decisions do we include any ex Villa players in our team. Bongo in turmoil because Gabby is ineligible, Freer has kindly offered to push through a transfer on some unsuspecting Premiership club. Last seen Gabby wearing a Villa shirt with Kodjia on the back. With most managers clueless on the players Man City. Chelsea etc have spent squillions on spending hours slumped over their computers consulting Google.

So with copious free team changes coming to an end Friday our team sheets must be handed in and our teams revealed.

Just a few thoughts to ponder:-

Who will panic first and play their Wildcard?

Who will play the Free Hit token first?

Does everyone fully understand the Free Hit token?

Will anyone confuse the Free Hit token with the Wildcard?

Who will be the first to whine?

Will Rosie again play her Triple Captain token and not realise she has? Stands a good chance :O

How come Josh King was a midfielder last season and now he's a forward?

Super Computer's latest predictions on the possible favourites for the coveted cup based on last years finishing positions. :P

HJ - Aston Lilla
Iwuz - The Crimson Tide

The current joint holders of the title and must be in with chance of defending it.

BB - Billesley Villans

A highly respected manager could see his team up for title challenge this year.

Jose Hubball - Hubball's Harriers

VM's very own Portugeezer. The ever modest Jose feels its his year for the title however does worry about his arch nemesis Winnie giving him a good run for his money.

Arran - Chinese Takeaway

A previous title winner could possibly mount a challenge.

Picasso - Cubist Masterpiece

Having some midfield injury woes with his current team but last season had a brilliant finish. Could be a surprise package.

Winnie-Winnie's Warriors

A previous winner so Winnie's got the pedigree, talent and class (hope you like the build up) to take on the lads. Especially likes putting Aussie's in their place. ;D

Or could one of us outsiders spring a surprise.

So lets see how good Super Computer is at predicting.

16 teams registered at the moment. 38 game weeks of blood, sweat and tears ahead. I wish you all

GOOD LUCK

Remember Arsenal v Leicester kicks off the opening fixture on Friday 11th August.

TrianonDave
07-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Amen to all that VR, thank you for your efforts getting me on board :)

bongosdad
07-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Awesome Rosie!!! I'm getting really excited now. I still can't work out my side.

samhubball
07-08-2017, 09:51 PM
Well done rosie - to make it easier for you tho just write

The SPECIAL ONE LIVED UP TO HIS NAME when I win each week. And good luck to all the other managers for taking part :P

yubbywelch
07-08-2017, 11:53 PM
Rosie you maybe a sweet and lovely lady, but as with everyone else in this comp, I am going to take no prisoners (cause they're all here already) and woop every single one of you!

samhubball
08-08-2017, 12:52 AM
Yubby unless you have been studying my autobiograpghy "Being the Special One" - you have no hope in making up the 9 places you were behind me and my wonderful team last year.

And unless you have found a player likely to gain you those extra 200+ points you were so far behind The Special One last year (or can do a Bongo esque feidling of 12 players) you unfortunately will remain mid to bottom of the table.

And don't think because you are in a country where the wildlife can kill you makes you stronger! You and your team are as lightweight as Fosters piss water

yubbywelch
08-08-2017, 12:54 AM
:P

bongosdad
08-08-2017, 01:22 AM
Fighting talk! I like it.

My team is brilliant

samhubball
08-08-2017, 02:04 AM
Fighting talk! I like it.

My team is brilliant

Your team is only as good as the manager. Your team is as likely to win as a yeti is to do a sponsored walk or gabby Agbonlahor is to get 20 goals a season.

There's a flaw in your team - and I haven't even seen it - but you are the manager and that is the flaw.

You can't have a special team because you are not the Special One #mememe

picasso
08-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the pre-season build up Rosie. I shall remain publicly humble, supportive and respectful of my fellow mangers. Privately however, I shall be jumping around and celebrating every goal, assist and clean sheet my team can achieve!

stateside
08-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Yubby. Westwood is the lad you need. Mark my words!!

MissWinnie
08-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Yubby. Listen to Dad!!

MissWinnie
08-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Love the pre-season write up, Rosie!!

I'll probably be up for the panic Wild Card prize. I think the most I've lasted with my pre-season choices is about two weeks!

Will Sam's head actually fit into the dug out, or even the stadium?

I chose my strikers and then did a lazy auto complete and am only just looking at choosing the rest of my team after realising I've only got 2 more evenings to select! Last minute panic time!!!

MissWinnie
08-08-2017, 06:11 PM
I think the title of my autobiography would be "The Lazy One". :)

MissWinnie
08-08-2017, 06:38 PM
:P

Sam! I think you managaged a first in this competition. I do believe you actually managed to render Yubby speechless!! :O

yubbywelch
08-08-2017, 11:27 PM
No sis my mouth was full of food.

I ended up using my 3.5 with a full injury clouds game one.

dazzyowen
09-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Great stuff Rosie.. looking forward to it now and will be surprised if I'm not fighting it out at the finish (for the title not relegation) lol

VillaRosie
11-08-2017, 01:11 PM
We have 17 teams now in the league. Nuc leaving it late but is it a ploy to unsettle us. 😜😛😝

yubbywelch
11-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Nuc is scared, as is Cakeside

samhubball
11-08-2017, 03:41 PM
My title winning team is in now. No more changes. There seems some very low ownerships for some very promising players. I can't wait for this!

MissWinnie
11-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Warriors team sheet typed!

Hopefully no spelling mistakes as it was rather last minute.

Sam, you bit swot - I have absolutely no idea what the ownership percentages are of any of my team! I've a feeling I'm going straight to the back of the class this year with "could try harder" on my end of season report card from Rosie.

You'll be surprised at my midfield though - not playing so safe this season ...

Good luck everyone and may the best girl win! Oh. That's Rosie then. :D

VillaRosie
11-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Warriors team sheet typed!

Hopefully no spelling mistakes as it was rather last minute.

Sam, you bit swot - I have absolutely no idea what the ownership percentages are of any of my team! I've a feeling I'm going straight to the back of the class this year with "could try harder" on my end of season report card from Rosie.

You'll be surprised at my midfield though - not playing so safe this season ...

Good luck everyone and may the best girl win! Oh. That's Rosie then. :D

Winnie

I didn't know the ownership percentages of my team either until Sam mentioned it and I took a look and now wish I hadn't 😱😱😱😱.

Your way too modest Winnie I can only recall finishing in front of you once and that was when you got locked out of the Warriors dressing room. 😳

Expect Sam is having his prematch grey rinse applied and perfecting his miserable sullen look as he morphs into Jose. 😨

samhubball
11-08-2017, 05:56 PM
“This is a game with two goals, but there is one team that like to play without the ball. That team plays really well and the ball goes and goes and goes and the quality of the ball possession is good, but they don’t score. No points. They asked the FIFA committee if they can win like this but they’re told it’s not possible. That the bigger possession is not essential to win matches and they are not champions.”

“Then, there is another team. Only with one goal. And they score a lot of goals, from players in every position, and they score and they score and they score. But they never concede a goal because there’s no goal. They speak to FIFA and they say they can’t be champions because there is only one goal.”

There is a third team, and the third team wants to play with two goals. They were scoring some, they were also conceding some. But they score really beautiful goals and then the bus comes along and they couldn’t do it.”

This is my preseason drivel thathe definitely makes sense and is 100% not a Mourinho statement

VillaRosie
13-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Week 1 has seen some serious scoring from our teams but the glory depended on who our managers chose as their captain.

Step forward 7 very wise managers who gave Lukaku the armband, while five unwise managers picked Kane as their chosen one. It was a no contest Lukaku literally wiped the floor with Kane earning 26 points for his teams against 2points. Lukaku was followed by Aguero 18 points and Lacazette 12 points.

Joint winners of our first manager of the week award with 78 points

Cubist Masterpiece - Picasso
A masterly performance from Picasso showing he means business this season.

Pedigree Chump - Dazzy
Dazzling Dazzy is back on form.

Well done guys.

Week 1 League Table

1 Cubist Masterpiece - Picasso
Pedigree Chump - Dazzy

3 Mr Tee - Tony

4 HJ - Aston Lilla

5 Jose - Hubball's Harriers
Gornal - Gornal Villans

Interesting Tony is leading his nephew Jose. :O

Propping up the Week 1 Table :blue:

15 - BB - Billesley Villans

16 - Arran - Chinese Takeaway

17 - TD - TDFC

Dave's captain Cahill did not help his cause on -6 points which helped secure his 17th position. However Dave don't despair we also award a coveted weekly Drongo for the manager finishing on the lowest points and because of the Cahill debacle you are awarded a Mare of the week as well.

5960 5961

I know you are still spewing from yesterdays result but we will all have a collection by the end of the season. As Bongo likes to say think of Yazz - The Only Way Is Up ;D

First gameweek over on 37 to go.

dazzyowen
13-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Thank you for your review.. I've missed this 😁

Well hope I haven't peaked too soon

bongosdad
13-08-2017, 11:33 PM
Haha nice one Rosie. Welcome to the league drongo Dave.
Well done Picasso!

lucky first week dazzy

yubbywelch
14-08-2017, 04:55 AM
Dizzy will fall from that height very soon.

samhubball
14-08-2017, 09:38 AM
I am pleased. My team played well. My choice for captain showed why he is superior to Kane. You cannot win the league on the opening day nor can you lose it but I would rather be 5th that 15th after round one.

I did not see what happened with the Warriors but I assume they are already midtable. My uncle taught me everything I know but I have learned more since then.

José is the special one. The Harriers are a special team

TrianonDave
14-08-2017, 11:28 AM
I feel honoured it's the first thing I have ever won although steve Bruce cannot be far behind me 😎

picasso
14-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Yes, thank you Romelu. Captain choice/luck appears to be ***** in this game. Kane could quite easily have scored two and the table would look very different..........but then he never scores in August.

VillaRosie
23-08-2017, 12:30 PM
While 7 smug managers looked on in amusement at some of the antics of their suffering rivals which included head shaking 😢, wails of despair 😩 and some choice language 😡, and that was just Rosie. 😝 Yes it was the week 2 announcement of the captains scores. 😱 It will come as no surprise that Lukaku was again the the top choice with 6 of our managers earning 12 points, however the honour of top scoring captain was Mane with 16 points and only our tactical wizard Picasso had the sense to make him his chosen one. ⭐️ I think we can safely say our other captains aren't worth mentioning.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK

This week sees the award go to Gornal and Gornal Villans amassing 75 amazing points 18 points ahead of his nearest rival. Super performance by Gornal considering his captain only earned 4 points. 🤗🤗⭐️

TOP 6

1. Gornal - Gornal Villans
2. Mr Tee - Tony
3. Hubball's Harrier's - Jose
4. Pedigree Chump - Dazzy
5. Cubist Masterpiece - Picasso
6. Bongo United - Bongo

RELEGATION :blue:

15. BB - Billesley Villans
16. TDFC - TD
17. Chinese Takeaway - Arran

DRONGO 🎩

Arran secures this weeks award. It was a close call with Dave not wanting to handover the hat although he tried his best with yet another red card this time courtesy of Walker, Arran prevailed. 😳

3 Wildcards played this week. Nuc, Oz and Jesh.

Why is Gareth not in your team Bongo and only a bench warmer? 😛😝😜

Uncle Tony still holding off 'the special one' Jose may have a few words to say. 😆

Has Dave's team got a discipline problem with 2 red cards in 2 games. 😆😁😄

After gameweek 3 it appears that there is a 2 week break for World Cup qualifiers, so Fantasy League will be back on 9th September.

stateside
23-08-2017, 05:08 PM
I understand the FL disciplinary council will send a hefty fine if a club amasses too many cards. Talk to your team Dave.

picasso
23-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Great write up Rosie. Many thanks. But for my captain I would have had a terrible week. Quite a lot of points separate top from bottom already!

samhubball
23-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Can you win the league in week one? Can you win the league in week two? I am not interested in the table until the end of the season. With my Ibra coming back it will be difficult for most managers to see how to play their teams. But not for special ones -José

TrianonDave
23-08-2017, 06:06 PM
It's a marathon not a sprint although at this rate I will be relegated by Christmas! !!

stateside
23-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Maybe just fired by then. TD out!!!

yubbywelch
24-08-2017, 01:56 AM
Had a shocker, wanna sack my whole team

bongosdad
24-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Nice one Rosie. Steady eddy start for me.

MissWinnie
24-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Thanks Rosie! :star:

Yubby, I've only dropped to 8th to make you feel better.

I see the class swot is at number 3! :P

Non special one's feeble attempt at deflecting attention from a truly appalling performance from my Warriors.

yubbywelch
24-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Not really sis, but thanks

VillaRosie
28-08-2017, 02:03 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH

Six of our managers where left shocked and stunned 😫😩 after witnessing captain Lukaku's penalty miss. The vision of at least a 12 point haul disappeared in a puff of smoke and the reality that their hero had amassed zilch points finally dawned on them. 😝😛😜 much to the delight of the remaining 11 🤗. However our six teams where breathing a sign of relief when it became clear all captains on display had a mare. Picasso with Pogba and Yubby with DeBruyne finished joint top with 6.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🥇

This week Jesh and Kirkley Krusaders claim the award with 59 hard earned points. Well done Jesh especially with Lukaku scoring zero. ⭐️

TOP SIX

A new leader has emerged this week ousting Gornal from top spot.

1. Mr Tee - Tony
2. Gornal Villans - Gornal
3. Hubball's Harriers - Jose
4. Pedigree Chump - Dazzy
5. Cubist Masterpiece - Picasso
6. Aston Lilla - HJ

RELEGATION 😱

15. Billesley Villans - BB
16. Chinese Takeaway - Arran
17. TDFC - Dave

I think the TAG's will be entering the bottom three shortly, they are dropping like the proverbial stone. 😰

DRONGO 🎩

Joint Drongo winners this week:-

TDFC - Dave secures his second hat, although his team are playing with 10 men. 😜

Bongo the Drongo - Steady Eddy Bongo secures his first hat after a poor performance sees him drop out of the top six 😢.

This week sees BB and Winnie cash in their Wildcards.

There where some significant points earned by the subs for a number of teams. I am sure there are some Bench Boost regrets.

I hope Jose will warmly congratulate Uncle Tony on achieving top spot, perhaps Uncle Tony would grant us an interview with his thoughts for the coming season. 😝😛😜

2 weeks break so at least some of us can get the drawing board out again in preparation for the 9th September fixtures.

bongosdad
28-08-2017, 02:41 PM
I took an 8 point hit just to get a drongo!! 😭 oh well it's not how hard you hit its the amount of time you can be hit and still move forward (quote rocky).

Thanks Rosie

samhubball
28-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Cheers Rosie... I had a text off my uncle that simply said

"Catch me if you can only 35 games to go"

I'm letting you into a little secret this week. José is using his wildcard as a certain striker proved once again that August is not his month. Hint hint

yubbywelch
28-08-2017, 10:17 PM
Sam is he getting rid of Gabby?

I know the amazing striker isn't in the Premier League these days, but he has the same score after a few games

yubbywelch
28-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Love your work Rosie.

Catching Sis.

Enjoy the basement Bingo.

bongosdad
28-08-2017, 11:50 PM
My side is now mouth watering.

samhubball
29-08-2017, 12:18 AM
My side is now mouth watering.

Why? Are they now all window lickers? :P

MissWinnie
29-08-2017, 03:37 AM
Love your work Rosie.

Catching Sis.

Enjoy the basement Bingo.

Yes, me too, Rosie. It must take ages going through all our teams to write these reports. Thank you. :star:

You can't catch me bro!

Well, maybe next game week as I'm being really really nice to you and taking a 16 point hit just to give you a fighting chance. Ok. Here's what really happened. I'm so daft. I was playing about with my team and transfers and I must have been on automatic pilot as I somehow ended up just authorising the changes and oopsy!

Jose would never have been that stupid.

Congrats to Uncle Tony and Jesh! :star:

yubbywelch
29-08-2017, 04:18 AM
ooooooops

picasso
29-08-2017, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the great write ups Rosie. Frustrating games this fantasy footy but I'm happy to be on the shoulder.

ozfan
29-08-2017, 11:56 PM
Is that Stateside on top? It wont last :P

Top right up Rosie. Winnie has passed the baton to a worthy successor :)

stateside
30-08-2017, 02:40 AM
Is that Stateside on top? It wont last :P

Top right up Rosie. Winnie has passed the baton to a worthy successor :) Not me Oz. Sorry to disappoint.

yubbywelch
30-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Cakeside is soft, hence his name. He didn't want to play this year.

I'm gunna call him marshmellow.

ozfan
30-08-2017, 10:21 AM
You wussed out?!? How come? Thought you enjoyed your inaugural season.

stateside
30-08-2017, 11:34 AM
I didn't have time to give to it this year.

VillaRosie
30-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Thanks for your kind comments guys. ��❤️

I remember Winnie's funny pantomime themed report, perhaps if I bribed her with extra points she may give us a one off Winnie Special. ��

Answer to question please.

When you obviously reply to a comment it has Reply - Reply with a quote - "+

What does "+ do because I pressed it and a ✅ appeared.

MissWinnie
31-08-2017, 10:52 PM
I remember a panto one, Rosie, but after writing so many updates and sooooo much nonsense, the contents are a bit of a blur. :) The one that stands out in my mind is the Mohammed Ali "I am the greatest" boxing themed one, inspired by Bongo's 120th "Greatest manager in Wales" boast. I remember I was struggling to think of a theme that week and then Bongo wrote that now infamous post, and it was "Thank you, Bongo!"

Rosie, mine only really touched on the details of the comp itself, and were more about what was happening in the PL and on the board in any given week. Mostly just nonsense. :D Your eye for detail and methodical way of working gives us all a far better idea of what is acually happening in the FL and has really enhanced the competitiveness of the League.

If ever you need or want a week off though, I'm happy to dust off my FL quill and ink and give it a go. :)

Hmm ... I hovered over the plus sign and it said "Multi-quote this message". I think it may be for using more than one person's quote in any one post? I'm a bit of a cave girl when it comes to technology though so I'm maybe not the best person to answer. :)

bongosdad
01-09-2017, 11:23 AM
I'm 42,378 in Wales at the moment

ozfan
01-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Always bragging! :)

Stateside I'd be lucky to spend 30 minutes a month on my side. Get a team in it's not too late!

stateside
01-09-2017, 03:13 PM
Atomic FC fired me, hopefully another side will pick me up in the future, but in the meantime I will watch from the TV booth for this season and chip in with comments here and there.

yubbywelch
06-09-2017, 10:11 AM
My team has injuries everywhere. Hmmmmmm the new function/tactic in play this week perhaps.

dazzyowen
06-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Bongo the drongo 😁

dazzyowen
07-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Well a few new players to consider ? Anyone for Sanchez of Swansea ? Or lorente for spurs ?

samhubball
07-09-2017, 04:26 PM
What about hazard or sanchez or Kane now their prices have dropped? Who's putting the Huddersfield keeper in net? How many wildcards have been used?

bongosdad
07-09-2017, 11:12 PM
Sam is starting to panic

samhubball
08-09-2017, 03:42 PM
My team is nearly as brilliant as me

yubbywelch
08-09-2017, 11:13 PM
Cmon Sam that's a big call.

VillaRosie
12-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Time to find out who the week 4 winners and losers are.

CAPTAIN WATCH

8 of our managers kept faith in Lukaku as their leader and where rewarded with 12 points, but as the month had changed to September it was time for super Harry Kane to start scoring earning a mamouth 26 points for Arran, BB and by default Dave who had chosen him has his vice captain. 😄 Aguero finish second earning Picasso a not to be sniffed at 18 points. 😁

MANAGER OF WEEK 🏆

Its not Bongo United it's BB and the Billesley Villans who are the mouth watering team of the week. ⭐️ After wisely deciding to play the Bench Boost Token BB notched up 68 whopping points. Well played.

TOP SIX

2. Jose - Hubball's Harrier's
3. Uncle Tony - Mr Tee
4. Dazzy - Pedigree Chump
5. Picasso - Cubist Masterpiece
6. HJ - Aston Lilla

RELEGATION 😱😰

15. Arran - Chinese Takeaway
16. Rosie - TAG's
17. Dave - TDFC

Drongo 🎩 Mare🐴

Rosie with 29 miserable points.

I don't know picked the team last weekend went on holiday and came back to this. 😡 What's the odds of playing a wild card and getting a Drongo? apparently pretty high I won it with some ease with Winnie my nearest challenger. I am never going to put another Liverpool player in the team again. Oh well onwards and upwa........erm well onwards anyway. 😳

Yubby is the first manager to use the Free Hit Token earning 41 points.

4 managers used their wildcards:-

Sam
Picasso
Bongo
Rosie 😡

No longer the A Team of VMFL Mr Tee and Uncle Tony drop to 3rd with Gornal and Gornal Villans regaining top spot and Jose and Hubball's Harriers moving into 2nd. Jose should be along shortly to give his thoughts on his teams perormance this week🤔 and hopefully Uncle Tony will texting his views.

How come Spurs replace Walker with Aurier who cost millions and allegedly makes the Flash look like a snail and Pochettino doesn't play him. :? 👎

Before I continue to throw my remaining toys out of the pram I should mention Gameweek 5 starts Friday 15th September with the Bournemouth v Brighton fixture.

dazzyowen
12-09-2017, 06:23 PM
Great stuff Rosie.

Blimey loads panicking ? Makes a change for me not to have played my wild card already lol

samhubball
12-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Nice work Rosie - and playing the wildcard this week is tactical Dazzyboy not panic. It's the most common week to use it after the internationals especially with the free hit token now a feature ;)

Tony simply said "Its early"

It's never too early to be the Special One

yubbywelch
12-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Even with all my injuries if I didn't use my free token I would've scores about the same.

Winnie where are you???

bongosdad
12-09-2017, 10:47 PM
Good stuff Rosie.

MissWinnie
13-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Winnie where are you???

I'm hiding in Dad's hurricane shelter, bro! I'll come out again when I have a better week!

Well done to Gornal and BB :star:

Another great report, Rosie! Thank you. :star: As you say, drat Liverpool! I felt sure I'd got the Drongo award, then saw you had taken the hit for me so thank you. Hmm ... I think we need to put our feminine brains together and come up with a plan to restore the rightful order with girls at the top of the league. Jose who? ;D

picasso
13-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Thanks Rosie. Great write up. Bad week for me only saved by my captain. I owe Sergio.

dazzyowen
14-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Nice work Rosie - and playing the wildcard this week is tactical Dazzyboy not panic. It's the most common week to use it after the internationals especially with the free hit token now a feature ;)

Tony simply said "Its early"

It's never too early to be the Special One

Ha your physic mate as reckon gonna pull out the wild card this week

stateside
15-09-2017, 12:11 AM
I'm hiding in Dad's hurricane shelter, bro! I'll come out again when I have a better week!

Well done to Gornal and BB :star:

Another great report, Rosie! Thank you. :star: As you say, drat Liverpool! I felt sure I'd got the Drongo award, then saw you had taken the hit for me so thank you. Hmm ... I think we need to put our feminine brains together and come up with a plan to restore the rightful order with girls at the top of the league. Jose who? ;D Hurricane Shelter? You cheeky little vixen you not too big to.... ooops getting a little bit bad daddy there.
The point is my house was my shelter and I watched through the window all night at the wind going past.

yubbywelch
15-09-2017, 02:21 AM
Ha ha Your in trouble!

Was he eating an apple when you upset him?

dazzyowen
16-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Aguero captain will send someone shooting up table I bet

samhubball
16-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Aguero captain will send someone shooting up table I bet

I believe he is already up there :O

samhubball
17-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Sadly there will be no update this week. And it has nothing to do with how my team performed or that I made a transfer before I realised there were champs league games and then Mr Pogba ended up hobbling off.

No one won this week.

VillaRosie
17-09-2017, 09:46 PM
I know I am quick off the mark this week just hoping the league has finished updating.

CAPTAIN WATCH

Right where do I start?

This week with 5 managers each Lukaku and Kane where the joint managers choice to lead their teams. However the ensuing face off was a big let down with Lukaku the easy winner with 24 points to Kane's 4. No one else worth a mention.

The headline though is Aguero's magnificent 40 points⭐️. Strangely only 2 managers had Aguero on their team sheet and only 1 of them gave him the armband and that was Gornal. I suspect most of you who checked out the league on Saturday evening sussed that out. Picasso was the other manager who selected him but regrettably for Picasso not as captain I suspect there may have been a few words of regret. 😩

There where audible sighs of relief from the remainder of our managers when Sterling begged Aguero to let him take the penalty for their 6th goal. 😳

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Another no contest Gornal and Gornal Villans wiped the floor with the rest of us breaking the 💯 points barrier with a 104 scintillating points finishing 33 points ahead of 2nd highest scoring team Tony and Mr Tee with 71 points, and at the same time stretching his lead at the top to 45 points. Tremendous score Gornal well played, definitely a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ performance.

TOP SIX

2. Tony - Mr Tee
3. Dazzy - Pedigree Chump
4. Picasso - Cubist Masterpiece
5. Jose - Hubball's Harriers
6. Nuc - Top 6 Finish

RELEGATION 😨😱😰

15. Rosie - TAG'S
16. Dave - TDFC
17. Arran - Chinese Takeaway

Same bottom 3 as last week I believe we are just bouncing around in a different order.

DRONGO 🎩

From hero to zero for BB, after collecting last weeks Manager Award, this week sees him sharing the Drongo with Yubby on 41 points. Leaving HJ and Oz heaving sighs of relief. Hopefully Winnie will not notice your Drongo Yubby. 😝😛😜

Apart from Gornal the other teams 5 teams making up the top 6 have had a shuffle around with the main casualty Hubball's Harriers who have dropped to 5th spot and may find their top 6 status in jeopardy. Not the best of weeks for Villa Mads 'Special One' Jose. 😱

I suspect Tony's text this week could contain more than 2 words. 😳

Dazzy duly played his wildcard as announced last week.

yubbywelch
18-09-2017, 02:23 AM
Can I add to my amazing team selection, I traded in Pogba, who then went and did his hammy and I did last minute take the armband off him and chose Debryune but obviously didn't save my team.

Grrrrrrr

picasso
18-09-2017, 07:17 AM
Yes, cursing my decision to relieve Sergio of last week's captains armband. I had hoped Erickson would fill his boots against Swansea. It seems you are either in the Aguero or Kane camp, basically because you can't afford both without seriously comprising the whole team. Great write up again Rosie. Very entertaining.

samhubball
18-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Tis but a scratch

bongosdad
18-09-2017, 11:37 PM
Thanks Rosie, great stuff!
Gutted! I signed marshal for pogba on Saturday morning not realising there was a game on Friday! Marshal score too. Barry on the bench did me proud with 3 points though.
Good 70 points for me, onwards and upwards!

dazzyowen
19-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Thanks Rosie, great stuff

Yep wild card played although not sure what good it did me lol

bongosdad
19-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Try not to buy Woofswinkle this time Dazzy 😂

samhubball
21-09-2017, 08:55 AM
Ok I've taken a risk this week. I'm set though. You can't win without taking chances. It's still all the play for.

Tony's text this week "get the manager right!"

This is a big weekend for the special one and the special team. We need to show our specialness. My captain is either going to be brilliant or not play.

yubbywelch
26-09-2017, 04:40 AM
So I've had enough.

All dead wood gone! Players needing surgery gone! Highly paid players not playing to their ability gone!

New team almost coming out to play this week....

VillaRosie
26-09-2017, 04:09 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH

It was a case of out with old and in with the new captain wise this week. We know we can be fickle as managers so it will come as no surprise that although Lukaku featured in 13 of our teams only Dazzy and Nuc retained his services as captain. I hope all managers are aware their rendition of the Lukaku song as a goal celebration is now banned. 😜😝😛

Obviously with some creative wheeling and dealing by some of our managers during the week Aguero's name appeared on 6 team sheets as captain, making him the top pick this week.

However, top performing captain was Morata and of the 4 managers who had him in their starting lineup only the brilliant 💡tactical genius that is Winnie made him captain earning a mamouth 34 points points for the Warriors. ⭐️ trailing in 2nd Kane 26 points, 3rd Aguero 22 points and a very distant 4th Lukaku 14 points.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Jesh and Kirkley Krusaders scoop the award this week with an amazing 87 points ⭐️ Well played Jesh.

TOP 6

1. Gornal Villans
2. Mr Tee
3. Pedigree Chump
4. Cubist Masterpiece
5. Hubball's Harriers
6. Kirkley Krusaders

Only change in the top 6 is Jesh has dislodged Nuc and replaced him in 6th spot. Although Chumps and Cubist Masterpiece are on the same point total Dazzy retains 3rd spot due to zero transfers this week.

RELEGATION 😱😰😨

15. TAG's
16. TDFC
17. Chinese Takeaway

Same sides in relegation trouble in the same order, we haven't got the energy to bounce around this week.

DRONGO 🎩

Arran adds another Drongo to his collection with 49 points.

3 teams played tokens this week:-

HJ - deciding the Wildcard was the way forward.

Iwuz - 2nd of our managers to play the Free Hit Token.

Rosie - I played the Bench Boost Token resulting in a spectacular 1 point added to my score. 😡

Yubby has already informed us that he has cleared out the dead wood from his team. So I am guessing he could perhaps be dusting off his Wildcard. 🤗 On the bright side Yubby I see you are in 1st place in the other VM League 😜😝😛😋

I see Pep has caused pandemonium in some teams by withdrawing the miracle worker Jesus from his starting lineup always seems to be a problem when Champions League matches are due to be played and the 'other managers' start tinkering with their teams. 😡

I wonder what words of wisdom Jose and Tony have for us this week in there post match interview and text respectively. 😀😃😄

After completion of the next game weeks fixtures which commence on 30th September there is yet another Internamtional break with Fantasy League returning on 14th October.

bongosdad
26-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Well done Jesh and nice one Rosie. Top report as usual!
I need to stop doing 300 transfers every week but apart from that I'm a bit like villa and building momentum.

MissWinnie
26-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Brilliant Rosie!! :star:

For some strange reason, I especially liked this bit. Giggles.

[QUOTE=VillaRosie;38663891]CAPTAIN WATCH

only the brilliant ��tactical genius that is Winnie made him captain earning a mamouth 34 points points for the Warriors. ⭐️ [/QUOTE

In fact, I like it so much, I might even get it framed as a Christmas pressie for Yubby. I'm sure it'll be what he always wanted. O:)

Well done Jesh! :star:

yubbywelch
26-09-2017, 11:50 PM
Please not Winnie I am winning the VM comp.

I think the best my captain has done all year has been 6

yubbywelch
26-09-2017, 11:59 PM
Debruyne 6 x 3 times
Lacazette 4
Pogba 10
Firmino(who was Vice ) 4

Not great captain efforts

picasso
29-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Another amazing write up Rosie. Thank you. The Aguero incident has really messed everything up for me! Lots of tinkering required.

VillaRosie
29-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Another amazing write up Rosie. Thank you. The Aguero incident has really messed everything up for me! Lots of tinkering required.

Same here Picasso although I had taken the captains armband off him for this week. Guess the question is do I lose another 4 points or try damage limitation. Decisions Decisions 🤔🤔🤔

Thanks for your kind comments guys. 😃

bongosdad
29-09-2017, 05:42 PM
I've just took a twelve point hit 😭

samhubball
29-09-2017, 07:11 PM

That is so daft (not the grammar ) but you now need your players you've brought in to get 12 points as a minimum to break even!!

My team is special

bongosdad
29-09-2017, 08:04 PM
Maybe but my team is now even more special now.

samhubball
29-09-2017, 10:37 PM

Maybe but my team is now even more special now.

Hope you have Kane. Paddy Power were offering 4/1 he scores more goals than crysral palace this season :O

bongosdad
30-09-2017, 12:45 AM
Ive gone for Benteke

samhubball
30-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Ive gone for Benteke

Should get you loads of points over the next 6 weeks :P

stateside
30-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Nice one Bongo. If it doesn't work out, Costa of Chelsea would be a nice pick up. LMAO

bongosdad
01-10-2017, 05:00 AM
I lied so no one would know my tactics. I got Harry Kane in fortunately.

yubbywelch
01-10-2017, 05:07 AM
Winnie your havin a shocker

samhubball
01-10-2017, 07:54 AM
I lied so no one would know my tactics. I got Harry Kane in fortunately.

Your team looks really good on paper. But so would mine if I was using crayons. School boys like crayons. School boys make errors. School boys use 12 points on transfers - José

bongosdad
01-10-2017, 08:03 AM
Sometime you need too speculate to accumulate... MON

MissWinnie
01-10-2017, 10:56 PM
Winnie your havin a shocker

Ha ha ha I know! It is so bad I laughed! I hope Rosie makes me a pretty drongo hat to wear this week! If I'm going to be a drongo, I at least want to be a pretty one!

Heads of to work on press conference excuses ...

VillaRosie
01-10-2017, 11:23 PM
Ha ha ha I know! It is so bad I laughed! I hope Rosie makes me a pretty drongo hat to wear this week! If I'm going to be a drongo, I at least want to be a pretty one!

Heads of to work on press conference excuses ...

I am doing my best Winnie but I am not very artistic. 😳

yubbywelch
02-10-2017, 04:59 AM
Hey Sis I'm still #1 on Villa Mad comp.

VillaRosie
02-10-2017, 11:27 AM
So which of our managers are in 7th heaven 👍 and who is suffering in managerial hell 👎 after this weeks fixtures.

CAPTAIN WATCH

With Aguero declared out of action for the foreseeable future our managers with the exception of Oz swiftly removed him from their team sheets. Which left only 2 contenders for top captain. 8 managers choosing Lukaku v 5 relying on Kane.

Lukaku only earning 12 points was comprehensively out scored by the mighty Kane who helped himself to 26 points ⭐️ or in the case of Jesh who played his triple captain token 39 points ⭐️.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK AWARD 🏆

Dave and TDFC scored massive 75 points but what is amazing TDFC have had no manager in situ since the start of the season due to Dave’s unforeseen circumstances. So well done lads. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

TOP 6

1. Gornal Villans
2. Cubist Masterpiece
3. Pedigree Chump
4. Mr Tee
5. Hubball’s Harriers
6. Kirkley Krusaders

A couple of changes to the top 6 this week. Picasso now occupies 2nd place and Tony finds himself relegated to 4th.

RELEGATION 😱

15. TAG’s
16. Chinese Takeaway
17. Winnie’s Warriors

Although Arran and I are still occupying 2 of the relegation places. This week Dave due to the efforts of his team exits relegation hell moving from 16th to 11th place in the league. However he is replaced by the now ex tactical genius Winnie who has had a shocker of a week and now finds herself in 17th and last place. 😱

Don’t despair Winnie remember form is temporary class is permanent. 😊

DRONGO

I can’t remember when Winnie last had a Drongo but she certainly has made up for it this week by achieving something only Bongo has managed before the DD yep the Double Drongo 🎩🎩 lowest point haul 24 and bottom of the league. 💐

I am still working on the hat which should be available in the not too distant future. 😜

4 tokens played this week:-

Picasso - Free Hit

Jesh - Triple Captain

Iwuz and Yubby - Wildcard

Unusually no post match interview from Jose last week 😜 and no post match text from Tony also it appears there are now 2 ‘special teams’ in the league. 😛 Bongo seems to have morphed into Mon I suppose it could be worse it could have been Gabby. 😳

Strangely Dazzy’s legendary Van Wolfswinkel’s name popped up on Sky Sports this past week. Apparently he scored a goal (something he never managed for Dazzy’ team) albeit a penalty in Basel’s 4-0 win of Benfica in the Champions League.

As I mentioned previously another 2 week international break. I guess some of our managers will using the time to relax and de stress whilst others will be busily reading the recently released book Fantasy League for Dummies hoping to improve their teams performance.

Fantasy League back with gameweek 8 14th October.

samhubball
02-10-2017, 02:21 PM
There is only one special one and one special team.

This league is the most competitive it's ever been i think. Tho maybe my nemesis has reached her peak in previous years and should think about going into international football :P

Playing a triple captain was tantamount to cheating but we will rise above Jesh and his lucky points haul

ozfan
02-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Damn didn't even know he was injured until the news came through to NZ via pigeon courier. Typical I buy him and he gets hurt.

MissWinnie
02-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Rosie, I much preferred last week's update! Giggles. :star:

I look forward to wearing my specially designed double drongo hat. Just stick a couple of flowers in it and I'll be a happy bunny :D

My first ever drongo award and I get the double! Soooo, if Bongo's the greatest double drongo in Wales, does that make me the greatest double drongo in England? I knew I'd make Dad proud one day ...

Jose Hubball, my Warriors won that FL Cup under my ex tactical genius leadership somewhere around 1896 - around the same time I was writing about Dazzy's legendary Winkle. I have history on my side. Umm and a lot of dust on my replica cup. When one has one something tangible to put on one's empty shelf, one can get all Jose cocky. (Haughty face) Your nemesis will be back!

Yubby! I've put a fiver on you to win your VM League! Don't say I'm not loyal. ;D

MissWinnie
02-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Oopsy that should read "when one has WON something".

Heads over to Miss Rosie's spelling class.

stateside
03-10-2017, 01:54 AM
I'm always proud Winnie. xxxxx

picasso
03-10-2017, 07:16 AM
Another great write up Rosie . They are getting better and better. Thank you. I had to rely on loan players this week with the free hit. I'm very nervously waiting for injury lists after the internationals as my squad is now in a bit of a mess. I may even have to consider a Bongo Hit (twelve point deduction) to get things back on track but that would be drastic.

yubbywelch
03-10-2017, 07:20 AM
Another great write up Rosie . They are getting better and better. Thank you. I had to rely on loan players this week with the free hit. I'm very nervously waiting for injury lists after the internationals as my squad is now in a bit of a mess. I may even have to consider a Bongo Hit (twelve point deduction) to get things back on track but that would be drastic.

I'm proud of you sis.

dazzyowen
03-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Cheers Rosie, brilliant as usual

Oh let's forget about wolfswinkle shall we lol

yubbywelch
04-10-2017, 12:43 AM
Dazzy I had Wolfswinkle in my team that season as well. Only for a brief moment.

He said he looked up to Gabby, so I sacked him.

samhubball
04-10-2017, 07:25 AM
Oopsy that should read "when one has WON something".

Heads over to Miss Rosie's spelling class.

It's alright Winnie. I read it in Roy Hodgson's voice anyway

samhubball
16-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Vardy needs to smash it tonight or I might have a new hat to wear :(

I can't belive wenger rested his best player for the Europa league and then lost. What a bellend!

yubbywelch
16-10-2017, 08:52 PM
Bench played this week and it looks like I top scored.......But......

I had 2 players not even bring their kit.
I player with a donut, who should've stayed home....
And
6 players who bless my team with 1 0r 2 points..........

Shinning light I had a captain score more than 2 doubled points..

Alright bring on next week.

VillaRosie
17-10-2017, 05:36 PM
So which managers are this weeks high flyers ✈️ and who are skating on thin ice 😰

CAPTAIN WATCH

With just 4 points each for Kane and Lukaku it was very slim pickings for the 9 and 3 managers respectively who chose them to lead their teams.

However, one manager, ⭐️ HJ ⭐️ put his faith in Jesus who answered his prayers with 26 heavenly points. Yubby and his captain Ericksen where a close second with 22 points and Nuc with DeBruyne was third with 18 points. Well played guys.

MANAGER OF WEEK 🏆

Bringing his A game into play this sees modest Aussie Yubby Villa Mads very own Nuno Santo scoop the award with 63 bonza points, which also sees him move into 9th place. Brilliant performance by Yubby and his team Ihaveahotwife.

TOP 6

1. Gornal Villans
2. Cubist Masterpiece
3. Mr Tee
4. Pedigree Chump
5. Hubball’s Harriers
6. Top 6 Finish

Couple of changes to the top 6. Tony up to 3rd replacing Dazzy who drops to 4th and Nuc ousts Jesh to regain 6th spot.

RELEGATION 😱😰😨

15. Chinese Takeaway
16. Winnie’s Warriors
17. Ozston Villa

Rosie manages to scramble out of the bottom 3 at the expense of Oz who descends into the relegation zone.

DRONGO 🎩

Gornal and Gornal Villans with 23 points
A week our league leader will want to quickly forget. The Villans played more like Villa. 😨

There was a shocking rumour circulating that our ‘special one’ Jose was a hot contender for Drongo. 🙃

4 cards played this week:-

Tony played his Wildcard.

Yubby played his Bench Boost Token earning himself an extra 3 points. 😝

Both Iwuz and BB played their Triple Captain Token on Kane earning 6 points. I can only imagine they must be spewing. 😡😡

Sam your super sub Carroll with 8 points not only saved you from the Drongo but kept you in 5th place. Coz as we know you can only be a big club if you’re in the top 6. Inspired choice.

BREAKING NEWS

A reminder to get your team sheets in by 7pm Friday 20th October as Gameweek 9 starts
with West Ham v Brighton

yubbywelch
17-10-2017, 10:16 PM
I'd like to thank my mum
my apple eating dad
my sister for teaching me how to win
Steve Irwin
Skippy
Hogges

samhubball
18-10-2017, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the wrote up Rosie.

You are wrong tho. There is no big clubs. There is no 6th place to be a big Club. There is only the champions. The champions do not finish 5th. The champions do not finish 4th. The champions do not finish 3rd. The champions do not finish 2nd. The champions do not finish outside of the top one.

For me, for my team, for our supporters, for our history and for our future to consider not being champions and settling for anything other than being champions is not good enough.

(I think that was repetitive enough to look like a José comment)

Thank **** for carrol

yubbywelch
18-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Hey sis I'm still number in Villa mad

stateside
18-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Apple eating? Not unless it's covered in toffee.

picasso
18-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Thanks Rosie for another great write up

bongosdad
18-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Nice one Rosie and well done Yubby.

samhubball
19-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Just taken an 8 point hit to liven up my team after last week's pathetic showing. Don't forget to get your teams in by tomorrow evening guys. I don't want to win in after week where people don't submit a team correctly :P

bongosdad
19-10-2017, 10:00 AM
8 point hit Sam!

bongosdad
19-10-2017, 09:40 PM
For once I'm not doing any transfers this week. Undecided on the captain though. Anyone noticed how I'm slowly climbing the league. The big hitters just never go away.

picasso
19-10-2017, 10:07 PM
No, sorry Bongo I didn't notice that. I must admit, I don't usually look that far down.

bongosdad
20-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Very good Picasso 😂

yubbywelch
20-10-2017, 10:31 PM
I noticed when I was checking Winnie's climb, when I was tying my shoelaces.

yubbywelch
22-10-2017, 02:32 AM
Grrrrrrrrrr, captain choice Jesus plays 14mins!!!!!!!!!

stateside
22-10-2017, 07:15 AM
Thank you Jesus!!

bongosdad
22-10-2017, 08:20 AM
Amen

VillaRosie
22-10-2017, 10:01 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH

Unusually there where 9 different manager choices for captain this week.

Top captains pick by our not so magnificent 7 managers was Lukaku. I am sure after taking into account the match result our managers are more than happy to take the 10 points he earned their teams, 😳

Senor Guardiola did exert his authority over our managers team selections. 😳 With murmurs of discontent audible he removed Jesus from the starting lineup replacing him with Aguero, leaving Jesus to come off the subs bench for the last 15 minutes. However 2 of our more astute managers Iwuz and Gornal had smug smiles on their faces having the foresight to give Aguero the armband and see him earn 14 points for their team. 😊

Sterling name also omitted of the team sheet as well. 😱

Nuc breathing huge sighs of relief that his captain DeBruyne was exempt from the cull and earned him 12 points. 😃

Our star performing captain with 32 ⭐️ sublime points leaving the others trailing by a huge distance was Kane. Although most of us had him in our team only Arran chose him as captain. Well played Arran. 👏👏

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

The majestic ⭐️Rosie and TAG ‘s⭐️ reign supreme with ⭐️72⭐️ stupendous points.
Very well done me. 😜😝😛 I think I may be the ‘special one’ this week. 😝😜😛

TOP 6

1. Gornal Villans
2. Mr Tee
3. Pedigree Chump
4. Cubist Masterpiece
5. Hubball’s Harriers
6. Top 6 Finish

This week sees Tony regain 2nd place and Dazzy move into 3rd at Picasso’s expense has he drops from 2nd to 4th place.

RELEGATION 😱😱😱

15. TDFC
16. Oston Villa
17. Winnie’s Warriors

Drongo 🎩

More bad news for Winnie. As Dave is exempt from the Drongo it defaults to the next lowest score which unfortunately is Winnie and the Warriors with 41 points.

Only one token played this week and that was my Free Hit token.

Did I mention I won manager of the week with 72 points. 😋
Alas my team will now return back to mediocrity and this week will be but a dream. 😜

Bongo’s slow ascent of the league has hit the buffers as he drops down to 11th place. Looks like any progress will be at a snails 🐌 pace.

picasso
23-10-2017, 04:00 AM
Great report again Rosie. Wrong captain this week with no consideration as to the vice........nuff said >:(

We go again next week.

samhubball
23-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Congratulations Rosie!!! I think you forgot to mention you yourself were the top manager this week!!

Really wish I'd stuck with Kane as my captain!

Next week are some really difficult decisions to be made*

*for none special ones

yubbywelch
23-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Another great read Rosie

bongosdad
24-10-2017, 02:33 PM
Nice one Rosie and great win this week. I probabably would have done the same if I won and kept it humble.

dazzyowen
26-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Thanks Rosie 👍

yubbywelch
27-10-2017, 10:13 PM
Nice one Rosie and great win this week. I probabably would have done the same if I won and kept it humble.

And kept it just in WALES

VillaRosie
28-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Disaster Kane’s injured 🤕. That’s a major blow. 😱😰😨

Looks like it could be a poor week.

Just getting my excuses in early. 🤔🤔🤔

picasso
28-10-2017, 01:17 PM
That's put the cat amongst the pigeons

samhubball
28-10-2017, 04:55 PM
I can't say quite how much I dislike Pep and his stupid team selections. There was plenty of room to play Sane, Aguero AND sterling. I've had to use my free hit chip as I'm hoping Mr Kane will be back next week

bongosdad
29-10-2017, 12:54 AM
Good choice of captain Sam 👍🏻

yubbywelch
29-10-2017, 08:06 AM
I'm glad I choose Sterling over Jesus as capatain. The City hasn't been a great buy for me.

Wish I had of kept 75% chance of playing Baily in my starting side.

picasso
29-10-2017, 10:10 AM
One measly point from my strike force, no captain for the second week running (thanks Pep). Disastrous week.

samhubball
29-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Good choice of captain Sam 👍🏻
Cheers Mr Bongo... Can't believe I took hazard out for sanchez.

Also, whenever I have a Liverpool player they always do badly for me. Bloody Sallah missing his penalty!

I just don't know what to do regarding Man city. KDB is roo expensive for me tho he always plays. Sterling is a bargain but like Aguero isn't assured of a start. Jesus the same. Sane is quality and is starting to get minutes. But pep really needs to have a word with himself about messing all our dream teams up

bongosdad
31-10-2017, 05:41 AM
Gareth Barry give us a wave, Gareth Barry give us a wave tra la la la ooh tra la la la ooh
Bongo is our hero bongo is our hero tra la la la ooh

samhubball
31-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Subtlety is bongos middle name

VillaRosie
31-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Which of our managers suffered the tricks 👻 and which managers scooped the treats 🍬 in week 10. 🎃

Definitely a week a few of our managers will want to forget ASAP, including yours truly.😢😥
The writing was on the wall when Kane was withdrawn through injury. Then shock, horror, the unthinkable Pep sticks his oar in yet again and pulls the ultimate dirty trick by removing Aguero from starting lineup. 😱😰 resulting in howls of anguish, especially from Rosie 😭 who was convinced it would be Jesus pulled.

MANAGER WATCH

11 managers between them nominated 6 different Man City players as their captain. Aguero was top choice with 5 giving him the armband before it all went pear shaped.

Our managerial dynamic duo Tony and Jose used their brilliant 💡tactical nous to give Sane the armband and he produced an amazing performance and treated his managers to 24 stunning points. Sterling was the runner up earning 14 points for his manager Yubby and there was a tie for 3rd place on 10 points between Morata and Lukaku.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Well just in case you didn’t know Bongo has won the award for week 10 with 58 scintillating points. Fit to burst the excitable Bongo couldn’t wait to inform us of his win with a tuneful ditty. 🤣 Well done Bongo 👏

TOP 6

1. Gornal Villians
2. Mr Tee
3. Pedigree Chump
4. Cubist Masterpiece
5. Hubball’s Harriers
6. Top 6 Finish

No positional changes in the top 6 this week. However the gap between Gornal and Tony has narrowed to 10 points.

RELEGATION 😱

15. Ozston Villa
16. TDFC
17. Winnie’s Warriors

Bad week for Winnie as well as myself. 😥

DRONGO 🎩

Although it pains me I have to say I was going to give Arran the Drongo but when you check it’s obvious he is not in control of his team so it’s seams unfair to keep awarding them. So as with Dave I thought it best to refrain from issuing any awards until they are back in control of their teams.

That’s means next person inline for the Drongo is me with 24 miserly points just managing to hold off Winnie who had 25 points.

In my defence only 7 of my team actually took to the field😡👿. The blame lies squarely with Pep, not my fault I am the victim. I know excuses, excuses. 😏😒😁

2 Free Hit tokens played this week by Dazzy and Jose.

After gameweek 11 fixtures which commence on 4th November there is yet another International break for World Cup play offs and friendlies. So Fantasy League will be back on 18th November.

samhubball
02-11-2017, 12:01 PM
Great write up again Rosie. I honestly don't know how you find time to go thru all of that information and stats and then write it all up 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I heard a rumour that Arran is actually Pep and is just using his position as man City manager to balls up our own selections!

bongosdad
02-11-2017, 12:13 PM
Thanks Rosie 👍🏻 that's got to be one of the lowest scoring wins in history.

bongosdad
05-11-2017, 11:12 PM
😎

VillaRosie
06-11-2017, 06:46 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH

An assortment of 8 different captains chosen by our managers this week. With 7 managers entrusting Kane with the captaincy and 4 managers giving his teammate Ericksen the armband. Obviously hoping and praying that with Crystal Palace as the opposition their captains would fill their boots. Their dreams may have gone up in smoke but at least Pochettino had the decency to sub Kane after 77 minutes ensuring we got our 2 second half points. 😏

Only 1 manager the football genius and tactical mastermind that is Bongo chose ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Salah⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ as captain who in return treated his manager to a champagne 🥂 performance earning a stupendous 30 points for his team, a distant second was Aguero earning 16 points for Gornal.

Well played Bongo. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

The Welsh Wizard Bongo and Bongo United for the second week running scoop the award. Leaving everyone else in their wake as they cruised to 71 monstrous points. Nearest team finishing 17 points behind was Winnie and the Warriors.

Brilliant performance from Super B 👏👏👏

Bongo will have to purchase a new trophy cabinet. 🤣

TOP 6

1 Gornal Villians
2. MrTee
3. Pedigree Chump
4. Cubist Masterpiece
5. Hubball’s Harriers
6. Kirkley Krusaders

Only one change this week Jesh ousts Nuc from 6th place.

RELEGATION 😱😱😱

15. Ozston Villa
16. Winnie’s Warriors
17 TDFC

DRONGO 🎩

Rosie and TAG’s
Iwuz and Crimson Tide
33 points

Not to be out done I have replicated Bongo’s winning mentality by securing the coveted Drongo for the second week on the trot. However I am having to share the hat with Iwuz.

Close call for the Drongo Nuc 34 points and Yubby and Arran with 35 points.

Arran is back in charge of his team. 😃
Perhaps he always was and it’s fiendish plan. 😜😛

Three tokens played.

Gornal - Wildcard
Picasso - Bench Boost
Arran - Triple Captain

Fantasy League returns 18th November.

Ps Thanks guys for your kind comments 😃

bongosdad
06-11-2017, 10:31 PM
Top report Rosie! Unlucky everyone

MissWinnie
09-11-2017, 01:55 AM
Thank you so much for yet another top notch report, Rosie. You are an absolute :star: !! :)

dazzyowen
21-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Thanks Rosie, great stuff

VillaRosie
21-11-2017, 05:33 PM
I guess the the question is which managers found Black Friday turned into a Black Weekend for their teams.

No such problems for Winnie and the Warriors who are most definitely the stars of week 12. ⭐️

CAPTAIN WATCH

Seven captains given the armband by our managers this week. With six nominations each Kane and Lukaku where joint top choice.

However, it was Salah with 32 points who absolutely trounced the the others. Only one manager Winnie ⭐️ with an amazing display of tactical knowledge had the forsight to give him the armband. 👏👏👏
Second Yubby with Sane with 14 points and third Lukaku with 12 points.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Only 1 point separated our top 2 performers this week, but as we know the winner takes it all (thanks Abba) and that is Winnie and the Warriors who lifts the trophy with 68 wonderous points.⭐️ and also matches Bongo’s double from the previous week.
Well played Winnie hard luck Tony so near and yet so far.⭐️

TOP 6

1. Mr Tee
2. Gornal Villians
3. Pedigree Chump
4. Hubball’s Harriers
5. Cubist Masterpiece
6. Bongo United

Tony may have failed to win Manager of the Week Award but he has regained top spot after disposing of Gornal who is down to 2nd.

Sam up to 4th after ousting Picasso who slides down to 5th.

We have a new entrant in 6th place Old Bigfoot himself Bongo who has leap frogged Jesh.

RELEGATION 😱

15. Chinese Takeaway
16. TAG’s
17. TDFC

Arran drops back in the relegation zone and Rosie positively thuds down to 16th after TAG’s continue their alarming slide into relegation oblivion.

DRONGO 🎩

Rosie 31 points

I take a bow after securing a hat trick of Drongo’s. Mmm what excuse can I use this week? Who can I blame? obviously not myself of course. 😛. Well I am going to have to hold my hands up I never bothered with the team this week thought I would give them a sink or swim situation and they decided to go with option 1 and sank without trace. 😡

Near miss BB with 32 points. Nicely played Picasso having McArthur on the bench those 8 points keeping you out of Drongo trouble. 😛😜

No tokens played this week.

FOR YOUR ATTENTION

REMEMBER TO GET YOUR TEAM SHEETS IN ON FRIDAY 24TH NOVEMBER GAMEWEEK 13 KICKS OFF WITH WEST HAM V LEICESTER.

ALSO

GAMEWEEK 14 IS A MIDWEEK FIXTURE LIST AND COMMENCES TUESDAY 28TH NOVEMBER.

MissWinnie
21-11-2017, 10:08 PM
My favourite report, so far! :D Has been a while since I won a Manager of the week award! Uncle Tony had the best all round team selection though, seeing as nearly half my points total were down to captain choice. I must admit I breathed a sigh of relief when Kane was subbed!

Award came just at the right time, enabling me to avoid the sack for another week. My argument that Winnie's Warriors wouldn't be the same without Winnie was wearing a little thin.

Yubbs, I'm on my way now!! Watch out!!

picasso
21-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Great report Rosie. Thank you so much for doing this. I’ve had a bad few weeks. McArthur has been sitting on my bench for months. Bongo seems to want a place at the top table. Looks like it could be me he replaces if I’m not careful!

bongosdad
21-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Great report Rosie, thank you 👍🏻

Well done Winnie!

yubbywelch
24-11-2017, 02:54 AM
Are you playing this season sis????

VillaRosie
27-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Just a quickie report as our teams are back in action tomorrow.

CAPTAIN WATCH

Top managers choice for captain was Kane with 7 of them entrusting him with the armband followed by Lukaku with 4.
The magnificent 7 where gnawing on their finger nails as Harry left it late and we know Spurs record at Wembley is iffy but there where whoops of delight when their hero delivered 16 points which makes him joint top scorer along with Aguero who strangely only Gornal chose as captain.

MANAGER OF WEEK 13 AWARD

The honour this week goes to Super Sam and Hubball’s Harriers. Looks like silence is golden for Sam and his team as they score a resounding 65 points. 😛😜 Well played.

TOP 6

1. Mr Tee
2. Gornal Villians
3. Pedigree Chump
4. Hubball’s Harriers
5. Cubist Masterpiece
6. Bongo United

No change in positions however top 4 seem bunching up not such a good week for leader Tony. Picasso
hanging on valiantly to 5th spot with Bongo snapping at his heels. The only positional movement in the league this week Winnie up to 12th and BB down to 13th.

RELEGATION 😱

15. Chinese Takeaway
16. TAG’S
17. TDFC

No change

DRONGO 🎩

Wow after double checking it’s not me.

The honour this week goes to Oz with 33 points. So I can remove the hat after ump**** weeks give it a few squibs of Fabreeze to freshen it up and send to NZ. Mind better not too carried away probably have it back on Thursday.

Dazzy played his triple captains token this week with Kane earning him 24 points.

Don’t forget gameweek 14 kicks off tomorrow 28 November make sure those team sheets are in on time. 😀

samhubball
27-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Thanks Rosie - fantastic report and glad to be manager of the month heading into the busy fixture list. A word to bongo - your team looks absolutely perfect - I wouldn't change a thing

bongosdad
27-11-2017, 06:20 PM
Well done Sam and Oz on his drongo.

My team is smoking right now I agree.

bongosdad
27-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Thanks Rosie!!!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

MissWinnie
27-11-2017, 06:58 PM
Another fab report Rosie! Thank you! :star:

Well done Super Sam.

Hmm ... Rosie, you looked far prettier in the Drongo hat, but I think Oz wears it well. Makes him look kind of mean and moody. Or is that just sulky? :p Runs off giggling.

Phew! Managed to sneak past BB while he was having 40 winks. All that food colouring in his half time claret and blue pies is no good for him.

I'm playing, Yubby! Mum and Dad said I had to be kind to you this year and let you think you might have a chance of beating me this season.

Bongo. I want your team.

VillaRosie
30-11-2017, 02:18 PM
Here we go again with another super quick report.

CAPTAIN WATCH

Our managers keeping me on my toes this week my unbelievably choosing 9 different players for the armband. Top pick Kane with 5 nominations with Morata next with 3.

The winner by a mile was Salah earning his manager the brilliant ⭐️Winnie ⭐️26 humongous points, runner up Sterling earning Picasso 18 precious points, and Kane finishing a very distant third with 12 points.

MANAGER OF WEEK 14 🏆

Keeping the the BB family flag flying Jesh and Kirkley Krusaders take the award with 64 amazing points. Well played. 👏👏👏⭐️

TOP 6

1. Pedigree Chump
2. Gornal Villians
3. Mr Tee
4. Hubball’s Harriers
5. Kirkley Krusaders
6. Bongo United

After last nights action there has been a shake up with the top 6. Firstly we have a new leader in Dazzy and his Chumps. Jesh with Kirkley Krusaders back up to 5th. With both Tony🐴 and Picasso🐴 having a mare this week seeing them drop to 3rd and 7th respectively. I am sure they will both have regrouped and have the teams back firing on all cylinders on Saturday. You are only 4 points behind Bongo in 6th place Picasso.

Very close between the top 4 so it could all change after week 15 fixtures.

RELEGATION 😱

15. Ozston Villa
16. Chinese Takeaway
17. TDFC

Rosie exits the bottom three, well for the time being.

DRONGO 🎩

A surprise recipient of the Drongo for week 14 one of our top 6 teams Tony and Mr Tee with 32 miserable points.

Gornal has played his Free Hit token

Champions League fixtures next week who knows what changes Pep and co will make 😡. Managers are going to have some difficult decisions to make.

MissWinnie
30-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Tops report, Rosie! :star: Thank you so much for the extra write up this week. Additional mid week fixtures always a lot of work.

Brilliant Salah, not brilliant Winnie (but don't tell Yubbs ;D)

Nice to see Mr Snazzy dazzling us all at the top of the league again. :D

Well done Jesh. I have visions of BB breaking into a claret and blue cold sweat as I write :D

Pep. One word. Aaaaagh!

dazzyowen
30-11-2017, 08:08 PM
Yep I’m back Winnie 😃 about time as my sun dream team at work I’m bottom lol

Cheers Rosie , great stuff

bongosdad
30-11-2017, 11:35 PM
Nice one Rosie and well done Krusaders!

Blimey dazzy isn't messing around this season. I'm still in touching distance though so watch out!

samhubball
01-12-2017, 01:20 PM
when I saw the Liverpool team and the exclusion of Sallah I did a wry smile and a bond villain chuckle.

How can someone come on and in 15 minutes get more points than the rest of my team.

well, it's time to transfer the Egyptian god into the Harriers.

I still hate pep too

VillaRosie
04-12-2017, 06:53 PM
It’s definitely the TONY show this week. With a hat trick of first places. ⭐️

CAPTAIN WATCH

7 captains on view this week. Top choice again Kane with 5 managers retaining his services, however slim pickings for not so super Harry managing just 4 meagre points. 😡. Salah carrying the hopes of 4 managers managed 10 points.

Top scorer by miles was Hazard earning 30 magnificent points for his manager Tony 👏 runner up Morata earning BB 16 points and Salah finishing third with 10 points.

It was literally a one horse race with Tony and his team Mr Tee wiping the floor with the rest of us scoring a breathtaking 61 points. ⭐️ Must have been one hell of a team talk and a few hairdryers kicked to elicit such a fantastic response to last weeks Drongo blip. 😛

What’s distressing is Dave finished second with 50+ points and he has disowned his team. 😰

TOP 6

1. Mr Tee
2. Pedigree Chump
3. Gornal Villians
4. Hubball’s Harriers
5. Kirkley Krusaders
6. Bongo United

Dazzy’s short reign as leader comes to an abrupt end as he is relegated down to 2nd place with Tony powering his way back to pole position. Some good news for Dazzy though he is only 2 points behind, Gornal down to 3rd place.

RELEGATION 😱

15. TAG’S
16. TDFC
17. Chinese Takeaway

After escaping for a week Rosie re enters the drop zone. 👿

DRONGO 🎩

Arran owns the hat this week with 20 points.

Salah was definitely on our managers most wanted list he has made an appearance on numerous team sheets this week. 😛

Gameweek 16 will see the top 4,194,304 scorers enter the first round of the Fantasy Cup which starts on Gameweek 17. If more teams qualify than 4,194,304 there will be a random draw amongst the lowest scorers to see goes through.
If I remember correctly we only had roughly 4-5 qualify last year.

Will post on next update if any of us has made it through. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

MissWinnie
04-12-2017, 11:24 PM
Thanks Rosie! :star:

Well done Uncle Tony!

Yubby. I know mum and dad said we have to share, but I don't think they meant I had to share my top team Captain with you. :( I think there's something in the rules about that ;D Never mind, I'm only 19 points off reclaiming my rightful superior position above you, as usual. Adopts annoying haughty sister look.

And ... only ... ummm a hundred and something points off becoming Sam's nemesis again. I'm sure he's terrified! Giggles.

samhubball
04-12-2017, 11:47 PM
You do terrify my team Winnie. 100 POINTS BEHIND or not (but you are) I still see you as someone to be weary of

Uncle Tony says "you must all be sorely disappointed an old man can be top of a youngsters league."

I think he imagines you are all 12 and do this when Mine craft isn't working

bongosdad
05-12-2017, 01:38 AM
Nice one Rosie and well done Mr Tee.

I'm about 60 points behind Mr tee so all to play for.

VillaRosie
11-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Most gameweeks after today will more than likely have to be quickie updates with so many fixtures scheduled for the festive season.🎅🏻🤶🏻

CAPTAIN WATCH

8 captains on view this week with 5 managers believing Kane would deliverer the points and 4 choosing relative newboy to captaincy Morata. Strangely no one picked Lukaku.

Superhero Harry ❤️ amassed an amazing 24 points for his teams however only 2 points adrift was Winnie and Picasso’s choice Sallah earning 22 terrific points for their respective teams, 3rd place Alli with 12 points.

MANAGER OF WEEK 16 🏆

We have joints winners of the award this week the amazing Winnie with her Warriors ⭐️and the equally amazing Dazzy and his Chumps ⭐️ scoring a mammoth 60 points. Well played guys 👏👏👏

TOP 6

1. Pedigree Chump
2. Gornal Villians
3. Mr Tee
4. Hubball’s Harriers
5. Kirkley Krusaders
6. Bongo United

Bad week for Mr Tee, Uncle Tony tumbled down to 3rd with Dazzler Dazzy regaining top spot and Gornal moving on up to 2nd.

RELEGATION 😱

15. Ozstan Villa
16. Chinese Takeaway
17. TDFC

Rosie and TAG’s bounce out of the mire of relegation yet again. Think I am officially a yo yo club.

DRONGO 🎩

Very unexpected but I think it fair to say Uncle Tony and Mr Tee had an absolute shocker this week collecting their 2nd Drongo with woeful 19 points. 🐴

Looks like hairdryers at dawn, but we can be assured Uncle T like the terminator will be back. 😜😛

Oz played his triple captain token which resulted on Azpilicueta earning 6 points. 😡

Winnie snapping at Yubby’s heels 👠 has she closes within 7 points of his 10th position.

FANTASY CUP 🏆

We have 14 out of our 17 teams qualifying for the first round which starts tomorrow. It’s so thrilling to realise we are in the top 4,194,304 highest point scorers for week 16 😜😛.

Draw

Pedigree Chumps v Marts Marvels
Gornal Villians v Halfpint Albion
Hubball’s Harriers v Leaders
Kirkley Krusaders v YJNS FC
Bongo United v My 11
Cubist Masterpiece v Babasijagoan
Top 6 Finish v Kelly’s Heroes
Aston Lillia v Wellies
Ihaveahotwife v Lovren Forever
Winnie’s Warriors v Dare Devils
Crimson Tide v No 1
Billesley Villans v Dey Bey
TAG’s v Shazam FC
Chinese Takeaway v Pontus is Magic

Wonder how many of us will make it through to round 2. 🤞🤞🤞

Gameweek 17 - Make sure you get your team sheets in by 18.45 Tuesday 12th December.

picasso
11-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the great write up again Rosie. Very tough league this year and choosing the right captain seems to be the key. Injuries are costing me dear. Well done to the 60 pointers.

bongosdad
11-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Super write up and well done Dazzy and Winnie. Winnies charging up the board! It's close this year and anyone's to win.

MissWinnie
11-12-2017, 07:54 PM
More of a gentle trot in heels, Bongo. :D

I'm only hot on Yubby's heels as I noticed he's wearing mine and I want them back! :(

Sam's too far ahead to see if he's been rootling round in my shoe cupboard too. :D

Honoured to be sharing this week's award with the FL pedigree that is Dazzy.

Thank you again Rosie! :star:

bongosdad
11-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Haha tubby wares women's shoes like freer.

Oh poo I've just took a 12 point hit to get my side right but forgot about the cup game 😤

VillaRosie
11-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Haha tubby wares women's shoes like freer.

Oh poo I've just took a 12 point hit to get my side right but forgot about the cup game 😤

Bongo

I am not 100% sure but I think no points are deducted on transfers you make in regard to the Cup competition you will lose the 12 points as per normal in the league.

12 points that’s a big loss you must think it’s worth it.

More worried what’s going on in Pep’s head. Is he going to play Jesus or Aguero or both or possibly neither. 🧐

Thank you guys for your comments 😘

VillaRosie
14-12-2017, 12:31 PM
More Pep and Klopp meddling in our teams again I see. 🤬😤🤮

CAPTAIN OF WEEK 17

Top managers choice of captain unsurprisingly was Kane with 8 of them keeping faith. Unfortunately Harry 😤 failed to alive up to expectations and could only muster 4 points.

Top performer was Iwuz and Gornal’s choice Aguero with 12 points.

MANAGER OF WEEK 17 🏆

Nuc and Top 6 Finish⭐️ secure the award with 54 well earned points. Well played Nuc 👏👏👏

TOP 6

1. Pedigree Chump
2. Gornal Villians
3. Hubball’s Harriers
4. Mr Tee
5. Kirkley Krusaders
6. Cubist Masterpiece

Only by 1 point but Nephew Sam up to 3rd as he demotes Uncle Tony down to 4th.

Bongo and his team are officially no longer a big club 😛 as they slip down to 8th, Nuc up to 7th. However Picasso rejoins the VM elite in 6th place which obviously sees him regain his status as a big club . 😛

RELEGATION 😱

15. TAG’s 🤬
16. Chinese Takeaway
17. TDFC

DRONGO 🎩

The honour this week goes to Jesh and Kirkley Krusaders with 26 points.

HJ decided to play the Free Hit Token.

FANTASY CUP 🏆

First of all need to apologise to Bongo for giving him duff information. I was 100% wrong they do take off your transfer points from your score in the Cup so apologies again. 🤪

The second round has not been drawn yet. So I have had a look and I think and most definitely not a 100% certain the following have exited and can now concentrate on the league.

So we bid adieu to the following teams:-

Kirkley Krusaders
Bongo United
Aston Lilla
Winnie’s Warriors
Billesley Villans
TAG’s
Chinese Takeaway

Top 6 Finish v Kelly’s Hero’s finished a draw 54 each. So we must wait with baited breath to see who will go through. 🧐

Once second round draw is made will check my facts are correct.

VillaRosie
14-12-2017, 03:32 PM
More Pep and Klopp meddling in our teams again I see. 🤬😤🤮

CAPTAIN OF WEEK 17

Top managers choice of captain unsurprisingly was Kane with 8 of them keeping faith. Unfortunately Harry 😤 failed to alive up to expectations and could only muster 4 points.

Top performer was Iwuz and Gornal’s choice Aguero with 12 points.

MANAGER OF WEEK 17 🏆

Nuc and Top 6 Finish⭐️ secure the award with 54 well earned points. Well played Nuc 👏👏👏

TOP 6

1. Pedigree Chump
2. Gornal Villians
3. Hubball’s Harriers
4. Mr Tee
5. Kirkley Krusaders
6. Cubist Masterpiece

Only by 1 point but Nephew Sam up to 3rd as he demotes Uncle Tony down to 4th.

Bongo and his team are officially no longer a big club 😛 as they slip down to 8th, Nuc up to 7th. However Picasso rejoins the VM elite in 6th place which obviously sees him regain his status as a big club . 😛

RELEGATION 😱

15. TAG’s 🤬
16. Chinese Takeaway
17. TDFC

DRONGO 🎩

The honour this week goes to Jesh and Kirkley Krusaders with 26 points.

HJ decided to play the Free Hit Token.

FANTASY CUP 🏆

First of all need to apologise to Bongo for giving him duff information. I was 100% wrong they do take off your transfer points from your score in the Cup so apologies again. 🤪

The second round has not been drawn yet. So I have had a look and I think and most definitely not a 100% certain the following have exited and can now concentrate on the league.

So we bid adieu to the following teams:-

Kirkley Krusaders
Bongo United
Aston Lilla
Winnie’s Warriors
Billesley Villans
TAG’s
Chinese Takeaway

Top 6 Finish v Kelly’s Hero’s finished a draw 54 each. So we must wait with baited breath to see who will go through. 🧐

Once second round draw is made will check my facts are correct.

The Fantasy League tribunal have made their decision regarding the drawn match between Top 6 Finish v Kelly’s Heroes and unfortunately the decision has gone against Nuc and Kelly’s Heroes win on the goals scored rule. At least Nuc has his Manager of the week award to console him.

Major cull in round 1 started off with 14 only 6 left standing.

Round 2 draw

Pedigree Chump v AWS
Gornal Villians v The McHunions
Hubball’s Harriers v In It For The Mane
Cubist Masterpiece v Top Shayla
Ihaveahotwife v Lion and the Lahm
Crimson Tide v Kojet

Good luck guys 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

MissWinnie
14-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Rosie, you are an absolute trooper and fantasy write up :star: Thank you so much for another tops report.

Drat. Yubby's getting away from me again. He must be more used to running in heels than I gave him credit for. :p

Double drat. Yubby and Sam both through to next round.

Drat and double drat. Pep! :(

Well done Nuc!

samhubball
14-12-2017, 10:16 PM
Thanks Rosie. .. where can you see the cup results? I was eagerly having a look and couldn't see it. Obviously I was confident that my team would progress but sometimes referees and the media can have a negative impact on brilliance

VillaRosie
14-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Thanks Rosie. .. where can you see the cup results? I was eagerly having a look and couldn't see it. Obviously I was confident that my team would progress but sometimes referees and the media can have a negative impact on brilliance

Sam

Click on either My Team or Points

Look on the right side, scroll down past the kit design and the leagues and you will see Cup and underneath VIEW CUP HISTORY click on this and all will be revealed. 🤓

samhubball
14-12-2017, 11:08 PM
Thank you Rosie 👌👍❤

picasso
15-12-2017, 06:15 AM
Thank s Rosie. Yet another top report

bongosdad
18-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Dazzys getting a bit of a lead. Good battle for 6th with me Nuc and Picasso. Winnie storming up the board too.
It's a really close this year.

Well done Nuc!! and nice one Rosie for your top reports and hard work 👊🏻

dazzyowen
19-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Brilliant stuff Rosie.. yes starting to take shape now but it’s still too close to call..

VillaRosie
19-12-2017, 04:15 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH

10 players nominated for captain this week. Salah top pick with 6 managers entrusting him with the armband. Actually in the captain department there was some woeful performances.

Rooney was the runaway winner scooping 26 points for his team Billesley Villans and their manager and Villa Mad legend BB. ⭐️ Joint runners up Salah and Lukaku with 16, a mention also for Azpillicueta earning 14 points for his manager Oz and Hazard’s 12 points for Uncle Tony.

The award this week goes to Yubby ⭐️ and his team Ihaveahotwife with 66 ⭐️ bonza points, just pipping BB and Sister Winnie with 65. Well played Yubbs. 👏👏👏

TOP 6

1. Pedigree Chump
2. Gornal Villians
3. Hubball’s Harriers
4. Mr Tee
5. Kirkley Krusaders
6. Bongo United

Looks like 6th place and BIG CLUB status is developing into a tussle between Picasso and Bongo as this week sees the excitable Bongo reclaim 6 spot. 😜

RELEGATION 🤬😱

15. TAG’s
16. TDFC
17. Chinese Takeaway

DRONGO 🎩

Award goes to Arran with 26 points.

Two tokens played this week.

Jesh - Free Hit
Iwuz - Bench Boost

FANTASY CUP 🏆

We have to say Adios to 3 more teams as they bite the Fantasy League dust.

OUT

Gornal Villains
Hubball’s Harriers
Crimson Tide.

We now have only 3 teams left to keep the VM flag flying.

3RD ROUND DRAW

Orszagoskek v Pedigree Chump
Cato v Cubist Masterpiece
Ihaveahotwife v ? Team name written in Arabic

Dazzy and Picasso have away ties in Hungary 🇭🇺 and Norway 🇳🇴 respectively so will need to wrap up warm and pack their thermals and hot water bottles don’t want them suffering from frost bite. 🤯🤪😜😝😛😋

Yubby has a home tie against a team from Egypt 🇪🇬. (Well I think it’s from Egypt and the language is Arabic) 🤔

Good luck lads.

*** Remember gameweek 19 kicks off this Friday 22nd so make sure you hand your team sheets in on time ***

MissWinnie
19-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Ouch! Never has a single point hurt so much!
:( OK Dad. Well done Yubby. There. I said it.

Tough at no 11, sharing points with the FL champ that is HJ with our FL veteran big bruiser, BB and joint FL champ, Iwuz, breathing down my neck. Midnight candle already burning.

Thank you once again for another grill report, Rosie! :star:

MissWinnie
19-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Oops. That should read brill report! :)

bongosdad
20-12-2017, 02:59 AM
Thanks Rosie and well done Yubby. It's all getting rather exciting recently!
Next aim top 4!

yubbywelch
20-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Thanks Rosi, Sis and Bingo.

picasso
21-12-2017, 08:58 AM
Thanks for another amazing write up Rosie. I’m hanging on by my fingernails here with half my team out injured with a 75% chance of playing but never do! Not to mention coping with Pep’s rotation policy! Just packing for my trip to Norway to play my 8 men against the mighty Cato. Hopefully back in time for Christmas and keeping the VillaMad flag flying.

VillaRosie
24-12-2017, 02:38 PM
In the words of Bon Jovi ‘Woah we’re halfway there’ yep we have reached midway in the fixture list. Although I am sure there will be many more twists and turns along the way before our VM Fantasy League champ is crowned.

CAPTAIN WATCH

12 captains took to the field with Lukaku and Kane top managerial picks with 3 nominations each.

❤️King Kane 👑❤️ ruled supreme with 34 festive points, followed by Nuc’s Aguero 2 points adrift on 32 points and Sterling 26points. Special mention to Salah 20 points and Jagielka 18 points.

A three way tie this week on 83 sparkling points between Yubby with Ihaveahotwife⭐️,Iwuz with The Crimson Tide⭐️ and Rosie with TAG’s. Well played guys and naturally well played me. 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Highest scoring team however with a ding dong 96 points was the managerless TDFC so that was some fete and deserves our Secret Santa award. 🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻

TOP 6

CHRISTMAS NO 1

Pedigree Chump

2. Hubball’s Harriers
3. Gornal Villians
4. Kirkley Krusaders
5. Mr Tee
6. Cubist Masterpiece

Dazzy not only retains top spot but breaks the 1,000 points barrier with 1014 points. ⭐️

Sam up into 2nd place at Gornal’s expense. ⭐️

Jesh leap frogs Uncle Tony into 4th place. ⭐️

Picasso’s turn in 6th place as he replaces Bongo. ⭐️

RELEGATION 😱

15. TAG’s
16. TDFC
17. Chinese Takeaway

CHRISTMAS DRONGO 🎅🏻🎩

Uncle Tony scoops the Christmas Drongo award 45 points.

Week 20 ends 28th December

FANTASY CUP

Picasso and Cubist Masterpiece return from Norway victorious and find they are the only VM representatives left in the Cup.

OUT

Pedigree Chump
Ihaveahotwife

4th Round Draw

Home tie for Picasso

Cubist Masterpiece v Game of Throw-In’s

MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎅🏻🤶🏻⛄️☃️

ps Make sure you get your team sheets in before you down too much Christmas cheer. 🥃🍷🥂🍻🍺🍹🍾🍸

picasso
24-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Well done Dave for getting 96 points without even trying! Thanks for another great report Rosie. Yikes! Not sure I can handle the responsibility of carrying the VM flag in the cup on my own. Here’s hoping. Have a good Christmas everyone........until Boxing Day!

bongosdad
24-12-2017, 08:36 PM
I thought I had a good week and was looking forward to check the table expecting a move up to 5th. However I didn't realise everyone else had a good week and I dropped to 7th.

Nice one Rosie and well done Dave!

VillaRosie
29-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Just a quickie write up.

MANAGER WATCH

Super K :heart: was top manager pick with 8 nominations and he duly rewarded them with 34 stupendous Boxing Day points, followed by Uncle Tony’s Coutinho with 26 points and third Salah with 18 points.

With 97 stupendous points not only sees Iwuz and Crimson Tide scoop this weeks award but also sees the Tide rise to 9th place. Well played Iwuz ⭐️ 👏👏👏👏👏

Special mention for Sam and the Harriers with 94 points. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6

1. Pedigree Chumps
2. Hubball’s Harriers
3. Mr Tee
4. Gornal Villians
5. Cubist Masterpiece
6. Kirkley Krusaders

Uncle Tony reclaims 3rd place with Gornal slipping down to 4th. Picasso juggling 🤹 both with League and Cup up to 5th with Jesh dropping to 6th.

5 teams have now scored more than 1000 points with a definite possibility of 5 more joining them after gameweek 21 fixtures have been completed.

RELEGATION 😱

15. TDFC
16. Ozstan Villa
17. Chinese Takeaway

DRONGO 🎩

Gornal whose team regrettably have decided to emulate Villa scoops the hat at a canter this week with 39 miserable-points. 🤬

FANTASY CUP

An enthralling tense game against Game of Throw In’s ended in a draw 77 points each.

However, with Masterpiece scoring 5 goals against Throw In’s 4 sees them through to the next round.

A stroke of managerial genius saw Picasso play his Triple Captain token on Salah earning 27 points. 😜😛😝 ⭐️

5th ROUND DRAW

Ambar v Cubist Masterpiece

Picasso certainly seeing the world they have been drawn away to a team from Brazil.

Good luck 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

picasso
30-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Thanks Rosie. Kinda enjoying this globetrotting while it lasts!

bongosdad
31-12-2017, 12:55 AM
Nice one Rosie. I've noticed your team is having an up turn in form. Well done Iwuz! Bit of a gap opening with Sam and Dazzy doing well.

yubbywelch
01-01-2018, 08:26 AM
Hey Sis I'm still no1

samhubball
01-01-2018, 10:58 AM
Hey Sis I'm still no1

Holding on by a fingernail

VillaRosie
01-01-2018, 12:43 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH

8 nominations for captain this week including 2 managers who went with Kane. 😝😜

Salah ⭐️ top choice with 6 managers and he delivered 28 glorious points for their teams.

No one else worth mentioning a very poor effort.

MANAGER OF WEEK 21 AWARD 🏆

Yubby and his team Ihaveahotwife have been on fire 🔥 performance wise over the last few weeks so it will come has no surprise to see him scoop the award with 74 outstanding points. Well played Yubby. ⭐️

TOP 6

1. Pedigree Chump
2. Hubball’s Harriers
3. Ihaveahotwife
4. Cubist Masterpiece
5. Kirkley Krusaders
6. Bongo United

After this weeks tremendous result Yubbs shoots up to 3rd place. Picasso and Jesh move up to 4th and 5th respectively and Bongo regains 6th place.

Uncle Tony and Gornal relinquish their top 6 status.

Sam making inroads into Dazzy’s lead.

RELEGATION 😱

15. Ozston Villa
16. TDFC
17. Chinese Takeaway

DRONGO 🎩

No Drongo this week.

With effect from next game week will leave Arran along with Dave out of the Drongo equation.

Looked like Arnie had been around with the body count rising this game week. With so many of the ‘elite’ players appearing to be injured 🤕 team selection is going to be a managerial nightmare.🤔
DeBruyne, Salah, Kane 😭😢, Lukaku and Jesus. What’s worrying are we having the wool pulled over our eyes by Pep, Klopp and co. 😱

Wildcard is available who is going to be first to use it. 😛

Gornal played his Triple Captain token. No comment I don’t want to bring back the pain. 🤬

FANTASY CUP

Picasso and Masterpiece return triumphant after a 39-50 victory against their Brazilian opponents Ambar.

6th Round Draw

No Kane No Gain v Cubist Masterpiece

Another away draw for Picasso however he swaps the sun, samba and carnival atmosphere of Brazil for a return to wet and dismal Blighty.

Good Luck 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

bongosdad
01-01-2018, 01:16 PM
Blimey Yubby is ripping it up in recent weeks. Well done my friend! Yubby is 3rd! I have to wipe my glasses! Is almost as odd as when Oz was doing the same????
Nice one Rosie!
I'm 100 points off dazzy so I'm not giving up the ghost just yet.

yubbywelch
03-01-2018, 10:38 AM
3rd. 1st Bingo. ;D

I think my rise has been more about those crumbling around me.

bongosdad
03-01-2018, 11:48 AM
No mate you have a good team and the strong defence is paying dividends for you Sam and Dazzy. I put all my eggs in one basket and went for the dream midfield and strikers. I don't even know half your team but they still keep scoring.
I'm still going to win the league though.

TrianonDave
03-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Flying solo at the minute, I have all my details lost since the thieves stole my laptop so no Manager and just checking in, cannot even make a sub!!!
Already thinking of a New LT and the New Season..

MissWinnie
03-01-2018, 09:53 PM
Thank you so much for keeping us updated over the Christmas hols, Rosie! Much appreciated :star:

You're not doing too badly considering you can't access your team , TD! You're making Arran look clueless. ;D

It pains me to admit it, Yubbs, but you have picked a good team this season. Me suspects either my hot sis in law is helping you. Or Dad. No way could you have done that on your own. Huh! :p Amazing that you are still no 1 in your league though. Considering the competition. :D

Trust BB to play his free hit when there's claret and blue double. Even if it is the wrong shade. Giggles.

My gamble on Kane being well enough to start v Swansea to justify a triple captain didn't pay off. Have sent him to bed with 3_packs of Lemsip so he can score a double hat trick tomorrow.

dazzyowen
04-01-2018, 10:35 PM
Thanks Rosie for a brilliantly report.. ⭐️

Well played Sam , out managed me over Xmas as not making excuses as I let me guard down and didn’t pay enough attention regards Kane ! 👍

Loving being up there for a change as my sub team at work I’m second from bottom lol

VillaRosie
05-01-2018, 02:04 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH

Only 5 nominations for captain this week, three of them Spurs players along with Aguero and Dave’s Jagielka.

Casting aside any doubts that their chosen one wouldn’t play 11 managers gave Kane the armband, hoping to cash in on a massive points haul from the two games. As we now know this turned into a tactical nightmare. 😱 🤬

We chose the wrong Spurs man only Nuc had the wisdom to pick Alli and he duly rewarded him with 20 points ⭐️ followed by Yubby’s Erickson with 16 points and Aguero with 12.

Our first winner of 2018 is Oz with Ozston Villa who amassed an awesome 62 points ⭐️ Congratulations 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6

1. Pedigree Chump
2. Hubball’s Harriers
3. Ihaveahotwife
4. Mr Tee
5. Kirkley Krusaders
6. Cubist Masterpiece

Uncle Tony up to 4th at the expense of Picasso who slides down to 6th.

Dazzy’s lead over Sam is slowly diminishing and is now only 25 points.

RELEGATION 😱

15. Ozston Villa
16. TDFC
17. Chinese Takeaway

DRONGO 🎩

Iwuz and the Tide find themselves out of their depth this week securing the first Drongo of 2018 with a measly 38 points.

A hat trick of Wildcards played :-

Uncle Tony
Gornal
HJ

Free Hit Token
BB

Triple Captain Token
Winnie only managed 9 points playing her token on Kane. 😢😱

FANTASY CUP

Picasso’s cup dreams have come to an end for this season with a 58-38 loss to No Kane No Gain. 🤬

Thank you guys for your kind.comments. 😘☺️😁

MissWinnie
05-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Another top notch report, Rosie! Thank you. :star:

Kane in dog house after squandering my triple captain token. He said I should have listened when he said he had "Man Flu" :( XD

Congrats to Oz! That brand new pair of smartypants you put on for 2018 seems to be working! Giggles. :star:

picasso
06-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Great write up Rosie. These reports are making this competition so much more interesting.

Bad week for me as I’m now knocked out of the cup (some typically underhand tactics from a Spuds supporter playing his freehit card and filling his team with spurs and West Ham players) and two of my team are even fighting amongst themselves. :s

Second half of the season is going to be just as exciting!

bongosdad
12-01-2018, 07:22 PM
Well done Oz! and thanks for another great write up Rosie.

Wild card done!

samhubball
12-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Things have changed for football fans. It used to be that only the team you supported had the power to ruin your weekend.

Not anymore. These days, fantasy football allows you to spread that burden around the Premier League, so that you can feel disappointment over and over again.

When going head-to-head with your mates, you negotiate a minefield of decision-making every week in the pursuit of pride, bragging rights, and – in some cases – a decent financial windfall. Who to pick? Who to captain? When to use that New Year wildcard?

Long story short, we think there are five types of fantasy football managers.

But which category do you fall into and what do your fantasy football tactics says about you?

1The Top Loader
Be honest. In August, you started with Harry Kane and Romelu Lukaku and you worked backwards.

Defenders, you reasoned, need not cost more than £5m apiece.

Liam Rosenior and Gareth McAuley haven’t added much, you admit, but at least you can fit in three Man City attackers.

Or maybe you went with Burnley's Ben Mee and James Tarkowski on a whim, and 69 points later, you can’t believe your luck.

Either way, your team is distinctly top loaded. Caution is for wimps. You lead front-foot forward like a 90s Newcastle United team.

It’s wildcard time and it’s not escaped your notice that Pogba is fit again and Ozil is back in form. How can you squeeze them into a midfield already containing Salah, Sterling and De Bruyne?

Two words. Angel. Rangel.

Captain: Mohamed Salah

Team Name: Murder on Zidane’s Floor

Charlie conspiracy, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The Strategist
Like many great (real life) managers before you, you know great teams are built from the back. You unashamedly employ a 5-4-1 formation with a defence (recently) packed with Burnley players. You also know the value of a reliable top goalkeeper.

You refuse to pick any of Liverpool’s front line - not with Jurgen Klopp’s infuriating rotation policy scuppering your plans every third week.

Instead you fill the defence with wing backs in an effort to harvest both clean sheets and assist points, and you stay at least four steps ahead of your league rivals by keeping a close eye on the fixtures for the month ahead. Forewarned is forearmed.

On matchday, you arrive at your hometown club’s stadium at 14:15 with three layers on, a thermos of coffee and the comforting knowledge that you’ve left no Fantasy Football stone unturned.

How will you use your wildcard? You won’t. Not until after the January transfer window.

Captain: David de Gea

Team name: Pique Blinders

Maverick, Top Gun
The Maverick
Your picks are based purely on personality. You deal in unpredictable, mercurial talents. If they’re not what you’d call a ‘top bloke’, then they don’t belong in your side.

The club you support is represented as many times as league rules allow, and you refuse, on ethical grounds, to pick players from rivals.

You automatically make your favourite player your captain, despite the fact he’s a striker who has scored five goals in six years.

You’re always telling your mates there are no characters in football anymore and you think Mario Balotelli was the best thing that ever happened to the Premier League.

How will you use your wildcard? It all depends on who hits the headlines during the international break.

Captain: Saido Berahino

Team Name: The Krazy Gang

The Trooper
You trust your instincts implicitly.

Your side has been on the decline since November, but you constantly remind yourself that, whilst form is temporary, class is very much permanent.

The boys will fire again soon. Walcott will get a game one day; Chicharito is still a dead-cert Golden Boot contender.

As for your mates - let them have their moment. The Salah bubble will burst; Sterling will run out of steam.

They tell you your head is in the sand – like a reporter at a Nigel Person press conference - but you know the Fantasy Football race is a marathon, not a sprint. Time will bear out your unquestionable genius.

How will you use your wildcard? You won’t bother. For you, a wildcard is a cheat card.

Captain: Javier Hernandez

Team Name: Lallanas in Pyjamas

The Chiller
You built a team in five minutes way back in August. You may even have selected ‘auto-pick’.

You’ve completely forgotten about it.

You don’t know who your captain is, and you’ve certainly never heard of this ‘wildcard’ business. You’re busy living your life. Your Instagram is getting a right working over.

Your evenings don’t get ruined by a late Stoke consolation goal robbing you of clean sheet points, and, when football players are on the end of meaty challenges, your first concern isn't about who you're going to replace them with in your squad.

Somehow, unbeknownst to you, you’re top of the league. Your friends hate you.

Captain: Riyad Mahrez

Team Name: Joe Bloggs FC

samhubball
12-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Taken from.the bbc 3 website
Found it very funny so thouht I'd share it with you. Bongo - you are Mr toploader

MissWinnie
13-01-2018, 01:14 AM
Brilliant find, Sam!!!

I'm mostly a top loader with a little bit of maverick.

I definitely get more excited by points from goals than clean sheets and feel like I've had a little splurge buying Jones :)

The maverick part of me cost me squillions of points when I refused to buy Suarez on principle. My other on my high horse refusal to allow him to join my Warriors was ... umm... a certain Mr Terry :). I confess to captaining RVP ion my first season when he was playing v Villa but felt so guilty after he got a hat trick, I never captained an opponent again.

I think there should be another category of tinkerer. Tinker tinker, that's me. Has cost me oodles of points in transfers overer the season. New year resolution: I must let my team gel :)

stateside
13-01-2018, 04:23 AM
Love it!!! Not playing but still following. I have barely watched a top flight game in December if any. I don't remember. I got to watch some awful FA cup games last week, but league wise I am now supremely confident I would have won 3 or 4 Brongo's (sp) by now and would be propping up the league. I didn't even know Burnley have good defenders. Is it because Ashley not good enough for Villa Westwood is playing in front of them or is he not good enough for the Clarets either?

bongosdad
13-01-2018, 11:16 AM
Lowton plays every week Stateside. I think Westwood is on the bench most weeks. They have a good team is season.

I'm defiantly a top loader but I think it's cost me points in recent weeks. So I've activated my wild card and I think my side is more balanced now. In fact mouth watering!

VillaRosie
13-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Great read Sam.

Definitely a top loader with regrettably some traits of maverick and strategist which is more than likely why the TAG’s are complete rubbish. It’s down to my managerial issues. 🤪

Always start with choosing the strikers first and work backwards.

Try never to put ex Villa players in the team.

Klopp and Pep’s rotational system drives me spare.

Not proud had Suarez as captain however strangely at the same time there is one Prem side whose players I never consider. 😜😝😛😋

yubbywelch
15-01-2018, 09:42 AM
I'm 2,4
Yep I'm 24

yubbywelch
15-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Bingo Lowton is in my side and hasn't played the last 10games

VillaRosie
16-01-2018, 02:23 PM
CAPTAIN WATCH

7 nominations for captain this week, but overwhelmingly top choice with 9 of our managers was Super Kane and he duly rewarded them with 26 stunning points :star:

Only 4 points behind in joint 2nd place on 22 points where Picasso’s Pogba and Winnie’s Salah.

Worth a mention with 18 points Yubby’s Erickson.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

The award this week goes to Bongo and the mouth watering Bongo United with an eye popping ⭐️83 points. Yep master tactician Bongo played his Wildcard to perfection. Congratulations. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6

1. Pedigree Chump
2. Hubball’s Harriers
3. Mr Tee
4. Ihaveahotwife
5. Cubist Masterpiece
6. Bongo United

Dazzy’s lead over Sam down to 16 points, and 16 points is all that separates positions 3-7.

Uncle Tony back on form and climbs to 3rd whilst Yubby suffers a dip in form this week dropping to 4th.

Picasso up to 5th and likewise Bongo back into 6th place after his 83 point haul. Jess exits top 6 as he drops down to 7th.

RELEGATION 😱🤬

15. Ozston Villa
16. TDFC
17. Chinese Takeaway

Actually although Oz is in 15th TAG’S are only 8 points ahead. 😢

DRONGO 🎩

Gornal wins an ‘unbelievable’ (as Kammy would say) Drongo with 55 points. It must one of the highest scores to receive a Drongo. Gornal secures the award holding off Yubby and Dazzy on 56 points.

WILDCARDS

Along with Bongo Sam, Yubby and Picasso played their Wildcards.

bongosdad
17-01-2018, 08:17 AM
Thanks Rosie! It's tough at times being so good at this game. Next stop is 3rd

samhubball
17-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Thanks Rosie! It's tough at times being so good at this game. Next stop is 3rd

I'm having trouble reading your post all the way down there in 6th I it? Or 7th? It's hard to tell

yubbywelch
17-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Great Week Bingo. Well done.

55 for Drongo.
OUCH!

picasso
17-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Thanks again Rosie. Captain is key but it’s hard to bet against Kane. I’ll keep trying. Bongo, I’d hate to think how pleased you’d be with yourself if you were actually winning ;)

MissWinnie
18-01-2018, 02:23 AM
Thank you for yet another gold :star: report, Rosie!

Well done, Bongo : star: Modest as ever :)

This comp is soooo hard this year! :( Heads off to find something to gag Iwuz with to stop him making any more motivational half time speeches to his Crimson team.

samhubball
18-01-2018, 10:05 AM

This comp is soooo hard this year! :( Heads off to find something to gag Iwuz with to stop him making any more motivational half time speeches to his Crimson team.

I feel like I should do something like put 3 players from the stoke defence in my team and make 8 transfer a week until I am next to my nemesis again

Please spare a thought for me tho. I can't captain anyone other that kane for fear that Daz will improve his lead over me.

Love this competition :D

bongosdad
18-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Forget about Dazzy you need to watch out for me charging up the table! There again I've just took an 8 point hit after I did my wild card last week. Looking good on paper is my tactic this season.

samhubball
18-01-2018, 11:41 AM

Forget about Dazzy you need to watch out for me charging up the table! There again I've just took an 8 point hit after I did my wild card last week. Looking good on paper is my tactic this season.

8 points hits will cost you my friend! Your team looked excellent last weekend... but you need to look further than the end of your nose to see who should be in your team. At least 8 of my players will be here for the remaining games of the season barring injury

bongosdad
18-01-2018, 01:08 PM
Unless your psychic Sam I don't agree. I remember benteke being a run of the mill striker and after new year he was the 3rd top scorer in Europe after Ronaldo and Messy.
This is where your experience lets you down Sam and Dazzy will let his guard down and implode as usual.
I'm about 60 behind Sam and 80 behind Dazzy. At this point of the season it's just chicken feed to a big hitter like me.
Re the 8 points. It usually sets me back a week but long term bongo United is like an unstoppable train.

samhubball
18-01-2018, 03:27 PM

Unless your psychic Sam I don't agree. I remember benteke being a run of the mill striker and after new year he was the 3rd top scorer in Europe after Ronaldo and Messy.
This is where your experience lets you down Sam and Dazzy will let his guard down and implode as usual.
I'm about 60 behind Sam and 80 behind Dazzy. At this point of the season it's just chicken feed to a big hitter like me.
Re the 8 points. It usually sets me back a week but long term bongo United is like an unstoppable train.

An unstoppable stain I think you mean. Or maybe a train set that the grown ups will put away when it's your beddibyes

MissWinnie
21-01-2018, 10:01 AM
I feel like I should do something like put 3 players from the stoke defence in my team and make 8 transfer a week until I am next to my nemesis again

Please spare a thought for me tho. I can't captain anyone other that kane for fear that Daz will improve his lead over me.

Love this competition :D

Oooh, patronising me now we are at no 2 are we, Mr Hubball? :p

I'll have you know my Warriors are now worth a cool £104million, and with my wild card still unused, the FL transfer market is my oyster. Be very afraid.

I'm sure you are terrified. Giggles.

samhubball
21-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Wow - with that extra 4m quid you can almost afford a decent team then Winesis!

I'm more than annoyed by ageuro and his fake hatrick yesterday. The first goal was definitely KDB. It's a conspiracy with refs and Daz

picasso
21-01-2018, 12:36 PM
.....and I’m more than annoyed that Christensen has played 57mins of his last two games meaning he has now missed out on clean sheet points for both of them by 3 mins. Grrrrrrrr. He has to go. Must be a Jonah.

stateside
21-01-2018, 01:03 PM
The ref ordered Christensen off the pitch because he had a head injury and in the the refs opinion was too out of it to continue. Not the coach's decision to sub him out.

samhubball
21-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Bloody refs

stateside
21-01-2018, 06:01 PM
I know, they could have beaten the entire Chelsea side to within an inch of their lives and they still would have thrashed Brighton.

dazzyowen
22-01-2018, 04:17 PM
😂 love it.. absolutely love it Sam.. shouting at tv about dream team ? Do it every week.. to be fair I’m just doing enough at moment but still got my wildcard to play.. great comp indeed.

Bongo ya cheeky sod, that was the old dazzy, this new improved dazzy won’t implode.

dazzyowen
22-01-2018, 04:20 PM

😂😂 bongo you know that your like the Italian army, 1 step forward 2 steps back

samhubball
22-01-2018, 07:40 PM
😂 love it.. absolutely love it Sam.. shouting at tv about dream team ? Do it every week.. to be fair I’m just doing enough at moment but still got my wildcard to play.. great comp indeed.

Bongo ya cheeky sod, that was the old dazzy, this new improved dazzy won’t implode.

Implode or don't implode Dazzy. Your team of liars and cheats are not only up against the better squad (in my team), the better manager (me) and the better supporters (in mind ). They are up against themselves and the gods of fairness and honesty.

You don't see my players claiming goals that aren't theirs. You don't see my players arguing and fighting with each other (as I imagine yours do) - my team are the underdogs. They are the "everyman team" (so long as everyman is me... which they aren't because I am special ).

Good luck with your cheats next week.

((Please read in a José accent) :P