PDA

View Full Version : Spanish press claim.

waalsendmick
07-08-2017, 08:17 PM
we are prepared to meet the gooners €15m asking price for Perez.

don't know how much truth there is in it. after all, if the Spanish press is as reliable as ours, then we can forget it.

my source? unfortunately, journos on Twitter.

Jammy89
07-08-2017, 08:35 PM
I hope it's true.

I really do.

If we're prepare to meet it, next issue would be come wages i guess.

Please let this come off though.

PhoneymcRingRing
07-08-2017, 08:38 PM
I believe this will happen.

sherwoodmag
08-08-2017, 06:45 AM
TV Galicia make Newcastle favourites to sign Perez,they are supposedly quite reliable.

ghostrider
08-08-2017, 07:19 AM
As long as Perez wants to play for us and is not just ending up at a club that has stumped up the cash just so he can end his Arsenal misery.
I hope he comes (assuming we get him) with a mindset of wanting to play for the club and helping us achieve something, rather than using us as a quick stepping stone back to Spain by playing for the shop window purpose.

Jammy89
08-08-2017, 09:10 AM
As long as Perez wants to play for us and is not just ending up at a club that has stumped up the cash just so he can end his Arsenal misery.
I hope he comes (assuming we get him) with a mindset of wanting to play for the club and helping us achieve something, rather than using us as a quick stepping stone back to Spain by playing for the shop window purpose.

I agree with all this but another part of me says even if he comes for a season, plays so Spanish clus notice him but he keeps us up. . . It wouldnt be what we want but maybe worth it for just this season?

As long as he doesnt make it blatantly obvious were being used as a stepping stone?

NorthernRock
08-08-2017, 10:54 AM
I think Perez is a really good striker and fancifully thought he'd be good for us if he left Deportivo.

Now I see him as a really good signing who'll definitely add something to the team.

It's been well documented and there's no doubt Rafa is frustrated and now has to wheel and deal with alternatives but rest assured he isn't going to fill numbers with **** and if he does sign this lad then he'll have to want to play in black and white and won't just be coming to pick up a wage.

With the WC coming up it could be a perfect match for both parties.

10m approx for this level of striker is a good deal in any market, Wenger who knows a good player, had to stump up £17m and it smelt a bit like another rushed signing by him seen as though he hardly got a game.

Bad news for gooners but good news (potentially) for us.

ashingtoon62
08-08-2017, 11:05 AM
I agree with all this but another part of me says even if he comes for a season, plays so Spanish clus notice him but he keeps us up. . . It wouldnt be what we want but maybe worth it for just this season?

As long as he doesnt make it blatantly obvious were being used as a stepping stone?
^^^
This.

sherwoodmag
08-08-2017, 11:22 AM
We are so desperately short of good striking options I don't care if a quality striker uses us as a stepping stone.Pay thir**** million for him,get a good season or two out of him,flog him for big money and replace him.
Of course if he is playing well I would rather he stayed but by next year we will have accumulated the new big money from TV.at the moment we are behind the likes of Burnley,WBA and Stoke for money never mind the top six.

Kal
08-08-2017, 11:48 AM
He's almost 29 so I doubt his value will increase after a year or two with us. That doesn't bother me, let's hope it doesn't bother Ashley either.

ghostrider
08-08-2017, 01:01 PM

Yep, I'd settle for that as well.

Jammy89
08-08-2017, 01:35 PM
10m approx for this level of striker is a good deal in any market, Wenger who knows a good player, had to stump up £17m and it smelt a bit like another rushed signing by him seen as though he hardly got a game.

Bad news for gooners but good news (potentially) for us.

I just can't see Wenger be willing to budge on price, not to as low as £10 million myself. £12 million maybe but even then :S

toonlegend
08-08-2017, 03:19 PM
someone put a picture of him on twitter/facebook this morning

supposedly him on plane to newcastle

who knows

Jammy89
08-08-2017, 03:44 PM
someone put a picture of him on twitter/facebook this morning

supposedly him on plane to newcastle

who knows

It's an old photo of him on his way to Heathrow to sign for Arsenal apparently, someone put it up next to the photos in the daily fail and all his clothing matched. . . unless of course he has lucky signing clothes XD

toonlegend
08-08-2017, 03:55 PM
yeah sounds about right. noticed it wasn't being shared all over the place, which was a canny indicator of fakeness.

pboromag
08-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Let's see if the great Rafa can get this one over the line

We are really scraping the bottom of the Spanish barrel now

Had all summer to sort a proper forward out
Now Rafa is shaking trees and hope his connections come up with something
And charnley waits for Rafa to make his mind up

HughieG
08-08-2017, 06:12 PM

Don't know if you ever read the news or follow what's going on before you post your usual nonsense, but Rafa's actually been prevented from signing a quality striker this window, which is the crux of the whole matter. He has to offload players first and even then it's hard to convince Ashley to spend money on signing someone who's just a little bit close to being a proven striker.

Jammy89
08-08-2017, 06:46 PM

Don't know if you ever read the news or follow what's going on before you post your usual nonsense, but Rafa's actually been prevented from signing a quality striker this window, which is the crux of the whole matter. He has to offload players first and even then it's hard to convince Ashley to spend money on signing someone who's just a little bit close to being a proven striker.

But don't let this get in the way XD XD