View Full Version : Chelsea having their troubles

oldcolner
07-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Abramovic divorcing, so that won't be cheap

Chelsea have only 15 players to choose from, Conte unhappy

Costa and Conte bust up

Moses out

Mark Schwartzer predicting trouble

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/635646/Cheslea-News-Mark-Schwarzer-implosion

CHelsea not on live TV upsetting fans

Let's hope we can add to it Saturday

sinkov
07-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Woe upon woe for Chelsea, I still don't fancy us to get a result though.

alfinyalcabo
07-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Perhaps they will play a few pensioners.. ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
08-08-2017, 05:43 AM
Clean your boots Alf. :D

oldcolner
08-08-2017, 06:50 AM
More problems

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4767776/Little-gone-plan-Chelsea-Premier-League-glory.html

In Dyche We Trust
08-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Best we can hope for is another 1-1 draw-

The Bedlington Terrier
08-08-2017, 07:30 AM
...and to think we have some moaning on here that our squad is not big enough!

Money going on an away win! :D

sinkov
08-08-2017, 08:12 AM
...and to think we have some moaning on here that our squad is not big enough!

Money going on an away win! :D

I must miss a lot on here BT, a few might moan that our starting eleven could/should be better, but it seems accepted that the bench is stronger, and I don't recall any complaints about squad size, except for the calls to sign another CB, which has been addressed by Taylor's ability play CB.

As for Chelsea's alleged problems, I'd ignore it all, come Saturday there won't be many, if any, of the eleven players facing us at 3pm who wouldn't walk straight into our starting eleven. It will still be a huge surprise, and achievement, if we get anything out of this game.

The Bedlington Terrier
08-08-2017, 11:47 AM
I must miss a lot on here BT, a few might moan that our starting eleven could/should be better, but it seems accepted that the bench is stronger, and I don't recall any complaints about squad size, except for the calls to sign another CB, which has been addressed by Taylor's ability play CB.

As for Chelsea's alleged problems, I'd ignore it all, come Saturday there won't be many, if any, of the eleven players facing us at 3pm who wouldn't walk straight into our starting eleven. It will still be a huge surprise, and achievement, if we get anything out of this game.

Money's still going on an away win. :)

sinkov
08-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Money's still going on an away win. :)

Best of luck with that BT, even at 14/1 I'm not interested. Chelsea are far too short as well, but one bet I like is 3/1 HT/FT Draw/Chelsea. I can see us holding them first half but losing in the end, if I do have a bet that'll be the one.

The Bedlington Terrier
08-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Best of luck with that BT, even at 14/1 I'm not interested. Chelsea are far too short as well, but one bet I like is 3/1 HT/FT Draw/Chelsea. I can see us holding them first half but losing in the end, if I do have a bet that'll be the one.

Money is still going on an away win, I have this funny feeling in the old urinary tract!

oldcolner
08-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Maybe Abramovic had that as well! ;D

thedonz
08-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Nothing wrong in wishful thinking guys and not only the Chelsea game. Taylor was all over the place in central defence in the first half of the friendly against Celta Viga. I have to disagree Sinkov, he has no ability to play in that position. Dyche was giving him game time only I hope.

army88
08-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Nothing wrong in wishful thinking guys and not only the Chelsea game. Taylor was all over the place in central defence in the first half of the friendly against Celta Viga. I have to disagree Sinkov, he has no ability to play in that position. Dyche was giving him game time only I hope.

Much better at L back IMO anyway ---- no right foot except for standing on.

Looks decent at full back though - I'd keep him well away from centre half.

sinkov
08-08-2017, 08:47 PM

We're not disagreeing donz, it appears from what he says that Dyche thinks he's good enough to provide back up at CB. I'm like you, I'm not convinced, I think the word I used to describe his first half against Vigo was 'flakey'. Settling for Long and Taylor as cover smacks to me of complacency, not a trait I'd normally associate with Dyche. It's worrying, complacency at this level will have you relegated for sure, as we found out when we tried to go a full season with just Marney and Jones as CMs.

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 05:58 AM
Keane and Mee played virtually two full seasons and barely missed a game. SD does not allow yellow cards or red cards so suspensions are not a big issue.

The Liquid Nitrogen blast and new Hydrotherapy Pools suggest injuries will be kept to a minimum. In reality three centre backs should be enough but we already have four without using Taylor or Ward.

Your starter for ten and no conferring...

In Dyche We Trust
09-08-2017, 06:15 AM
no chance of a win unless cahill and cortois gift us a couple of early goals- best hope is a 1-1 draw

oldcolner
10-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Another article on Chelseas problems

Conte can call upon just 13 players with PL experience against Burnley on Saturday (though Morata and Rudiger will provide additional experienced options.)

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/3176181/everything-is-different-for-chelsea-ahead-of-this-premier-league-season

oldcolner
10-08-2017, 10:59 AM
no chance of a win unless cahill and cortois gift us a couple of early goals- best hope is a 1-1 draw

Best hope for me is a 2-0 win, but I expect a 2-0 loss as Chelsea haven't lost an opening game of the season for many years. However Conte is under some stress with conflict with Costa, the Board over sales and lack of signings and has a limited pool of players with some expensive new signings to fit in and if things do start to go wrong maybe we can nick it like we did to Liverpool.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 01:08 PM
£25 placed at 14-1 Burnley win.

oldcolner
10-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Sean looks confident, you could be onto a winner!

oldcolner
11-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Pedro out Morato not starting. May help BT

sinkov
11-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Pedro out Morato not starting. May help BT

Bugger BT, I've got Chelsea in my 5 game acca. :(

afloatinclaret
11-08-2017, 03:38 PM

A competition between just two teams with only three possible result-options, we've got to be worth a punt at 14s.

Chelsea away's always going to be a 'hope for the best' game, so I'm much happier that we've got it now when everyone's finding their feet and shaking off their off-season lethargy than sometime next April; anything better than a 3 or 4 nil defeat's got to be seen as 'acceptable' and should we gain a point or even three, then it's got to be considered a great season opener.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-08-2017, 03:47 PM
A competition between just two teams with only three possible result-options, we've got to be worth a punt at 14s.

Chelsea away's always going to be a 'hope for the best' game, so I'm much happier that we've got it now when everyone's finding their feet and shaking off their off-season lethargy than sometime next April; anything better than a 3 or 4 nil defeat's got to be seen as 'acceptable' and should we gain a point or even three, then it's got to be considered a great season opener.

It's right!

oldcolner
11-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Morato under pressure

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4781034/Chelsea-ace-Alvaro-Morata-says-70m-price-brings-pressure.html

oldcolner
12-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Well done BT
CHelsea have a few more troubles now!

oldcolner
12-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Is history repeating itself
Similarities to Mourinhos post win season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4785322/Chelsea-heading-Groundhog-Day-Burnley-defeat.html

The Bedlington Terrier
13-08-2017, 05:14 AM
Delighted for the lads, the supporters who travelled and particularly for Sean Dyche who masterminded three points for the Clarets and a welcome boost for my back pocket! :D

sinkov
13-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Delighted for the lads, the supporters who travelled and particularly for Sean Dyche who masterminded three points for the Clarets and a welcome boost for my back pocket! :D

I'm especially pleased for Sean, it must have got wearisome and frustrating for him last season, the constant questions about the away form, having to come up with an excuse (no an explanation, he doesn't do excuses) after every away game, but now the monkey is well and truly off his back. We only play 19 away games in a season and our record in the last 6, which is virtually one third of a season, is 2-2-2. Problem solved. I had to smile, and Sean did too, when asked tongue in cheek at the end of the Sky interview, "When are you going to win a home game ?"

sinkov
13-08-2017, 07:54 AM

Good stuff BT, Mystic Meg herself would have been proud of that one. In fact, I think I shall refer to you as MM from now on. ;D

Just a shame it's not the Grand National next week, while you're in such good form.

The Bedlington Terrier
13-08-2017, 07:59 AM
He is a lad is our Sean! :D

Watched the game in full plus two sets of highlights, I don't think we hit the ball long once.

Wardy's goal was simply astonishing. :O

Be a different kind of game next week when the Baggies arrive.

oldcolner
14-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Costa exclusive in Mail giving his version or events and thoughts on Conte and his tweet, adds some pressure and headlines he has started legal action againstChelsea adds more,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4787112/DIEGO-COSTA-INTERVIEW-Chelsea-striker-talks-Sportsmail.html
Contes odds on leaving shortening.

oldcolner
17-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Conte now said to be leaving at the end of the year when his contract expires. Only a few weeks ago he was about to sign a four year deal, seems his tweet to Costa put the mockers on that. ;D our win probably didn't help.
A few more losses and he may not get that long

sinkov
17-08-2017, 10:56 AM
A few more losses and he may not get that long

I hope he pulls them round, we don't want any more losses against bottom half teams. Just the one will do very nicely thank you.

blueheeler1
17-08-2017, 11:05 AM
He is a lad is our Sean! :D

Watched the game in full plus two sets of highlights, I don't think we hit the ball long once.

Wardy's goal was simply astonishing. :O

Be a different kind of game next week when the Baggies arrive.

Ridiculous as it seems it will be tougher and let's hope for at least one point.

oldcolner
18-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Conte saying he needs four years to turn things round at Chelsea.

There is certainly a feeling at the club that the Italian’s problems are of his own making with the Chelsea hierarchy believed to be concerned by Conte’s decision to disregard a number of the club’s young players.

Sportsmail understands Abramovich has demanded a meeting to address the lack of academy players deemed good enough for the first team.
Chelsea have ploughed millions into their youth set-up since Abramovich’s arrival but the academy has not produced the senior stars he was expecting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4803974/Antonio-Conte-says-need-four-years-Chelsea.html#ixzz4q9FlkrSh

The Bedlington Terrier
19-08-2017, 06:32 AM
Conte saying he needs four years to turn things round at Chelsea.

There is certainly a feeling at the club that the Italian’s problems are of his own making with the Chelsea hierarchy believed to be concerned by Conte’s decision to disregard a number of the club’s young players.

Sportsmail understands Abramovich has demanded a meeting to address the lack of academy players deemed good enough for the first team.
Chelsea have ploughed millions into their youth set-up since Abramovich’s arrival but the academy has not produced the senior stars he was expecting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4803974/Antonio-Conte-says-need-four-years-Chelsea.html#ixzz4q9FlkrSh

Did sinkov write this? It sounds familiar...;D