PDA

View Full Version : Team for Colchester

bongosdad
07-08-2017, 08:29 PM
We should play the kids without question. Winning the championship has to be our priority and the cup will give the youngsters a chance to shine.

TrianonDave
07-08-2017, 08:55 PM
We should play the kids without question. Winning the championship has to be our priority and the cup will give the youngsters a chance to shine.

Steer
Bree
Amavi
Chester
Samba

Hurihane
Ohare
Onomah

Maccormack......just to pi55 of sunderland
Davis
Green

bongosdad
07-08-2017, 09:02 PM
That's still quite a strong side. I imagine Thor would start though.

stateside
08-08-2017, 05:08 PM
TD's side, but the Aussie Lyden for Amavi and Thor for McCormack

dazzyowen
09-08-2017, 08:16 AM
It's the second game of the season so let's play our strongest team possible !!

Can't be doing with going out tonight to a lower team and reckon it'll do the lads the world of good to smash someone.

VillaRosie
09-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Confirmed lineup

Streer
Bree
Chester
Samba
Bjarnason
Adomah
Onomah
Hourihane
Green
O'Hare
Hogan

stateside
09-08-2017, 07:21 PM
2-0 and it sounds like this could end up 6-5 either way.

Sounds like selling Baker for Samba was a sound plan NOT

stateside
09-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Sports mole and Birmingham Mail seem to be watching 2 different matches. The Mole says Villa are bossing the midfield but Colchester have had more chances and the better of them while Villa had 2 fortunate goals.

The Mail says we are dominating and that Birmingham City suck. They didn't say that in so many words about Birmingham City, but I can read between the lines.

picasso
09-08-2017, 07:28 PM
First half observations: Bree, Chester and O'Hare looking good. Samba looking like an oaf and a liability and Thor looking like a fish out of water at left back. Bring on the second half!

stateside
09-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Again 2 different accounts from the Mole and the Mail. "Pick that one out" says the Mole as Colchester score. Again brings up how fortuitous Villa's goals were. The mail reports a 30 yard daisy cutter that deflected off a Villa defender. Hmm, no luck there! But, the Mail makes no mention of Villa's goals being lucky.

samhubball
09-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Phewww

The first villa goal was a possible Offside, then foul on the keeper then nearly an Offside again. Apart from that it was fine and actually a good call from the ref. The penalty was Chris samba kicking a player instead of the ball and then pleading with the referee and a good save from Steer.

Strange game. Thor doesn't look too good to me.

TrianonDave
09-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Phewww

The first villa goal was a possible Offside, then foul on the keeper then nearly an Offside again. Apart from that it was fine and actually a good call from the ref. The penalty was Chris samba kicking a player instead of the ball and then pleading with the referee and a good save from Steer.

Strange game. Thor doesn't look too good to me.

spot on Sam but can I add that Thor looked uninterested because he was made to play left back, he really did not want to play his body language said so, later on he was told to push forward and looked a shade better

Samba looked awful

Hurihane was awful

O'Hare was a bright spark

Hogan looked a threat

But i'm afraid RHM and Davis need to go on loan, they do not offer us anything up front in terms of a threat. You have to ask, are these two guys really better than maccormack? er No.

Over all, I thought Colchester played very well, they deserved a draw, we took our luck and are through, at the end of the day that's all that matters on a night where the ref could easily have called the game off, it was a dangerous pitch with some very late tackles!!

freer
09-08-2017, 09:26 PM
1. Chris Samba was ponderous

2. Bjarnason shouldn't play at wing back

3. Green was nowhere near my expectations

4. Steer’s display was ( to quote Mr Kipling ) "exceedingly good"

5. O'Hare What a prospect – Touch Technique Tenacity & Commitment, apart from that “he was absolute pants” you'll gather I was suitably impressed by this lad !

Over all relieved to have overcome Colchester United who may I add were tough opposition http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/smile/fake-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

yubbywelch
09-08-2017, 09:56 PM
A win!
first for 2017 and without Gabby scoring

stateside
09-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Thor is a decent player, but he's not a left back.

Agree with TD about McCormack. Bruce needs to get over himself, you made the lad look like an ass and he defended himself. Now Bruce looks like the ass. Difference between him and Fergie besides success is when Fergs threw the hair dryer he already had the lads respect and the player responded so they could laugh about it, Bruce's "hair dryer" gave the player no way to come back and as there was no respect yet, it was always going to go down hill.

I heard Green was terrible tonight.

Meanwhile I saw ratings of 9/10 go to Steer, Onomah and O Hare.

samhubball
10-08-2017, 01:23 AM
It's funny because after the opening league game I felt Andre green made the real difference (should have won it too). I guess this is what you get from youth - inconsistencies. But I'd rather have an inconsistent Green than an ego maniac Mccormack.

Let Sunderland have him on loan with the agreement being "if he scores 10 goals you buy him for £8m"

I like Hourihane. I don't know what it is about him but I feel of we gave him 30+ starts he would return us goals and assists and show his true class

TrianonDave
10-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Trouble is the players have no confidence as no one knows what team or formation Bruce is going to pick next?
It's a bit like being at school 20 lads line up and the so called captains pick a player oe by one.

I will have gabby first

I will have Kodija

And so on

Then when his got his 11, he thinks what formation he will play!!

We will not look like a proper unit while Bruce treats the season like a pre season!!

Pick your best 11 keep faith with 442 and stay with it for at least 6 games! ! Simples.

dazzyowen
10-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Well we stumbled over the line there eh ..

Guess it's a win n we're still in cup so that's a positive !

TrianonDave
10-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Apparently we have very good odds on drawing SHA later?

mondaze
10-08-2017, 05:10 PM
what we learned last night... steer is a good keeper, big monsters look ponderous in extreme wet weather, thor maybe a viking but he's no footballer, onamah is a great player but drifts out of games which is probably why we've got him, k davis is not the answer to any striker problems, neither is hepdon murphy, o'hare shows promise... thats about it.