PDA

View Full Version : Mamadou Thiam

animallittle3
07-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Close to a done deal according to the star , 7 figure fee apparently .

Watched his team last night against Olympic Marseille and he was on the bench but never got on , which was the only reason I bothered watching it to be honest .

Look I ain't going to knock it even though he looks a bit pricey for the amount of goals he's got , at least we are trying to do something and having a go by spending a bit more than we have of late .

It's a brave one but as Del boy always said " who dares wins "

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley-fc/barnsley-reds-closing-in-on-four-new-players-1-8690674

Ponte_Steve24
08-08-2017, 05:14 AM
Might be best thing since garlic bread ;D

Jonnyboy501
08-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Close to a done deal according to
the star , 7 figure fee apparently .

Watched his team last night against Olympic Marseille and he was on the bench but never got on , which was the only reason I bothered watching it to be honest .

Look I ain't going to knock it even though he looks a bit pricey for the amount of goals he's got , at least we are trying to do something and having a go by spending a bit more than we have of late .

It's a brave one but as Del boy always said " who dares wins "

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley-fc/barnsley-reds-closing-in-on-four-new-players-1-8690674

Is that what was said about Hristov when he signed?

Acido
08-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Is that what was said about Hristov when he signed?

I don't know, but we certainly did say it about Phil Gridelet. :D
150k on him was a heck of a lot to spend for us at the time, especially on a non-league player. Now that just seems like pocket change to the money we're needing to spend.

Ponte_Steve24
08-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Someone scare mongering on the bbs saying the Thiam deal has fallen through?? Then another poster mentioned Will Grigg and Paddy Madden because apparently one of our striking targets is plying his trade in league 1. That could be anyone though.

Jonnyboy501
08-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Phil Gridelet (GOD).
Forgotten about him.

POGGYWELL
11-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Just confirmed he's signed.

POGGYWELL
11-08-2017, 06:29 PM
Signing on a permanent basis from French Ligue 1 side Dijon FC, Thiam has signed a three year contract.

The 22-year-old striker who can also operate comfortably on either wing arrives at Oakwell, becoming the 13th summer signing for Paul Heckingbottom’s side.

The 5ft 11’ forward will bring pace, power and the ability to play with both feet to the Reds’ attacking line. Having began his career with Dijon in Ligue 1, Thiam joined Ligue 2 side Clermont on a season-long loan during the 2016/17 campaign. He played 34 times throughout the season, scoring eight times and impressed multiple watching potential suitors.

Like many others in the Barnsley squad for the upcoming 2017/18 season, the powerful forward has been gaining recognition at international level having featured five times for the Senegal U20s side, scoring twice.

After coming to Oakwell and speaking with the coaching staff and Gauthier Ganaye about the vision of the Club and plans going forward, Thiam has committed his future to the Reds and can’t wait to get going in the Sky Bet Championship.

You will soon be able to watch a video of Mamadou Thiam in action on iFollow Barnsley!

Head Coach Paul Heckingbottom commented on the signing of his latest signing by saying, “Mamadou is exactly the type of striker we’ve been looking for in this window and I am really pleased we could secure the deal. He’s a pacey, powerful striker who can use both feet and play in different systems, which gives us options and needed versatility. He’s different to what we already have at the Club and I look forward to working with him now.”

POGGYWELL
11-08-2017, 06:50 PM
10 goals before Christmas and Villa will be activating their direct debit.

DOOALI
11-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Hooray at last I've said in previous post he was just the sort of player we want and looks like PH has the same sentiments about his attributes the negative mood I've been in has been lifted thank God

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Synical Poggy. They'd have to pay top dollar. Looks a reight player on video. Take back all sh1t I posted about it being underwhelming looks real find. Hope he isn't another Mowatt I gid him kiss of death anall lol :D

POGGYWELL
11-08-2017, 07:05 PM
I've. Emailed Maurice to cancel that direct debit with immediate effect!!!!

Acido
11-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Thiam OUT... Ive seen 5 seconds of him and hes not good enough. ;D

DOOALI
11-08-2017, 07:37 PM
5secs Acido you don't give a player much time to prove his worth

Acido
11-08-2017, 07:39 PM
5secs Acido you don't give a player much time to prove his worth

Ok that was unfair of me. Make it 9 seconds. :D
He won't play tomorrow but Im sure we're all looking forward to seeing him tear into Notts Florist in the next game. If he can build up some sort of strike partnership with Bradshaw then thats great, but it might mean us offloading Payne now especially if we know Hedges is another option up front if needed, and theres also the kid Brown.

By the way Ponty are you sure there was somebody fish mongering on the Bbs ?, surely not!! ;D