PDA

View Full Version : Scott Wright

Don_Corleone
07-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Having watched highlights from U20s side for the last 2-3 years I've always thought Scott Wright had what it takes to break into the first team, and his performances at the end of last season and start of this season suggest he will quickly become an important player for us. If he keeps playing like that, he'll keep Stewart out of the team. Could be our most exciting young player since Eoin Jess.

I just hope it's not another Ryan Fraser scenario where he makes an immediate impact and alerts the vultures who'll come and snap him up before the end of the season. How long is he contracted for? Also, does anyone know if he's actually a Dons fan?

Higgins09
07-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Having watched highlights from U20s side for the last 2-3 years I've always thought Scott Wright had what it takes to break into the first team, and his performances at the end of last season and start of this season suggest he will quickly become an important player for us. If he keeps playing like that, he'll keep Stewart out of the team. Could be our most exciting young player since Eoin Jess.

I just hope it's not another Ryan Fraser scenario where he makes an immediate impact and alerts the vultures who'll come and snap him up before the end of the season. How long is he contracted for? Also, does anyone know if he's actually a Dons fan?
Absolutely an Aberdeen fan, Balmedie boy and he's contracted till 2019 at the moment I think without checking.

sheepcrooky
07-08-2017, 11:02 PM
Absolutely an Aberdeen fan, Balmedie boy and he's contracted till 2019 at the moment I think without checking.
Without a doubt he has excellent promise, and needs to kick on soon, hopefully by getting plenty of quality game time.

Must be worth extending his contract until 2020 with a pay rise thrown in.

medw1311
07-08-2017, 11:40 PM
It's his 20th Birthday now the day so best of luck to the loon. Tis the season to make your mark kiddo.

NaeMairNeeps
08-08-2017, 02:31 AM
Also, does anyone know if he's actually a Dons fan?

A local??

Pacman1903
08-08-2017, 05:55 AM
Happy birthday wee man

Don_Corleone
08-08-2017, 09:41 AM
should definitely be looking at extending his contract by a year or two fairly soon. Great to have a young player who gets you on the edge of your seat every time he gets the ball

Aldo1983
08-08-2017, 11:24 AM
He has that thing Johnny Hayes has where he has the ability to get you on your feet.

NewOrleansRed
08-08-2017, 02:08 PM
He has that thing Johnny Hayes has where he has the ability to get you on your feet.

You can see in some of his touches, that as his decision making improves, he's going to embarrass a few defenders. Bags of pace and apparently with with some skill.

afc1903mad
08-08-2017, 03:07 PM
You can see in some of his touches, that as his decision making improves, he's going to embarrass a few defenders. Bags of pace and apparently with with some skill.

Agreed with the skill and pace.
He's still very raw though and definately needs to improve his decision making.

I wouldn't go overboard though, he still needs to develop and likely to be back on the bench tomorrow.

awafaehame
08-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Agreed with the skill and pace.
He's still very raw though and definately needs to improve his decision making.

I wouldn't go overboard though, he still needs to develop and likely to be back on the bench tomorrow.

While I agree with the fact we should be taking it easy behind the scenes with Scott, to everyone else, we should be pushing him as a 10m player. Everyone else manages it, so we should be doing the same.

Christ, Sevco supposedly got 1m for that donkey Waghorn, and he was a poor mans Scott Vernon.

Don_Corleone
08-08-2017, 04:08 PM
While I agree with the fact we should be taking it easy behind the scenes with Scott, to everyone else, we should be pushing him as a 10m player. Everyone else manages it, so we should be doing the same.

Christ, Sevco supposedly got 1m for that donkey Waghorn, and he was a poor mans Scott Vernon.

Exactly - £1m for a Martyn Waghorn is about as ridiculous as £200m for Neymar. If Scott Wright was at Rangers or Celtic he'd be getting talked up as the next big thing and as a multi-million pound player, so we should do the same. Absolutely agree, he is still developing and will need to keep working hard to improve. However, even if he didn't improve and remained at his present level, he's still going to destroy most SPL defenders. Great potential if he puts in the work - and he looks like a determined, confident young guy, but one who is willing to learn and work hard alongside that natural pace and ability. No reason why he can't force his way into a starting slot most weeks if he keeps up his form.

Aldo1983
08-08-2017, 05:36 PM

There's no way that Waghorn went for £1m. That's a made up figure.

As for pushing him as a £10m player...

Aldo1983
09-08-2017, 04:34 PM

As I thought...

sbswred
09-08-2017, 05:07 PM
It wasn't great having to let Fraser go, but then he was getting kicked all ends up with little protection. I imagine he'd have sustained a bad injury had he stayed. There were signs on Sunday that Wright is the same kind of target, I just hope he's learned from the likes of Hayes how to deal with that.

Don_Corleone
09-08-2017, 05:14 PM
That team now has Waghorn and Garner. Long season for their fans.

Anyway, back to more worthwhile things - a Scott Wright song is surely required...

How about to the tune of "Alright" by Supergrass... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-2dqMaf4-w

He is young, he runs free, plays out wide, Aberdeen, got the goals, in his sights, he's Scooooooott Wright

Aldo1983
09-08-2017, 05:33 PM
It wasn't great having to let Fraser go, but then he was getting kicked all ends up with little protection. I imagine he'd have sustained a bad injury had he stayed. There were signs on Sunday that Wright is the same kind of target, I just hope he's learned from the likes of Hayes how to deal with that.

One thing that's impressed me is his ability to bounce off tackles. Strong shot on him as well. He looks like a lightweight but hasn't come across that way.

DodHagi
09-08-2017, 08:52 PM

Anyway, back to more worthwhile things - a Scott Wright song is surely required...

How about to the tune of "Alright" by Supergrass... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-2dqMaf4-w

He is young, he runs free, plays out wide, Aberdeen, got the goals, in his sights, he's Scooooooott Wright
Hahaha good effort

sheepcrooky
09-08-2017, 08:57 PM

Keep it simple. Replace Johnny Johnny Hayes with Scotty Scotty Wright. Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah ............Scotty Scotty Wright, Scotty Wright, Scotty Scotty Wright.

Don_Corleone
10-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Played a big part in the goal last night again. Has that bit of magic that Hayes and McGinn possessed. The more games he gets the more savvy he'll become in his decision making and the more street-wise he'll become in avoiding the hatchet men of the SPL.

PittodriePile
10-08-2017, 02:21 PM

This is actually pretty great!!!

theram1975
10-08-2017, 02:51 PM
This is actually pretty great!!!

It's alright.

kigoretrout
10-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Pretty good effort from the Don. Lets make it happen !

Don_Corleone
10-08-2017, 04:55 PM
We need some original songs instead of being same old

question is... how do you get a song / chant from an Internet forum onto the terraces?

kigoretrout
10-08-2017, 05:15 PM
We need some original songs instead of being same old

question is... how do you get a song / chant from an Internet forum onto the terraces?

Hire a barber's shop quartet ? :)

Don't know. How the hell did the Rooney song take off. It's eyewateringly cringeworthy.

Get a few of your mates. Get beered up. Sing it constantly for 90 mins. Bobs yer auntie !

Don_Corleone
10-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Hire a barber's shop quartet ? :)

Don't know. How the hell did the Rooney song take off. It's eyewateringly cringeworthy.

Get a few of your mates. Get beered up. Sing it constantly for 90 mins. Bobs yer auntie !

Has anyone here ever successfully started a "new" song or chant? Stand Free is great but the rest of our repertoire is poor - I always find the "come on you reds" started over the tannoy that dies out after 2 lines pretty embarrassing.

PittodriePile
10-08-2017, 05:55 PM
It's alright.

Ald mannie alert NEENAW NEENAW

Pacman1903
10-08-2017, 07:26 PM

!

Its a terrible song

Don_Corleone
28-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Another good performance and another great goal on Saturday.

Time to...
1) Extend his contract before someone steals him on the cheap
2) Get the Scott Wright song ringing round Pittodrie

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Probably got a few more games coming up as GMS has been a silly boy. Canna see Derek being too chuffed with him

Grab the chance loon

64syrupofjarvie
28-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Fit about the *** pistols anarchy in the uk? The third Manchester team sing it, just a wee change to the words;
I am a f*cking Don
I hate the f*cking Hun
Don't know what I want
But I know how to get it
I want to destroy the SFA
Cos I, wanna be, Aberdeen!

Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Aberdeen.....

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 10:05 PM
Fit about the *** pistols anarchy in the uk? The third Manchester team sing it,.....

Curzon Ashton?

Pacman1903
29-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Was watching Postman Pat with Pac Jnr today and this came into my head. May need work. To the Postman Pat tune

Scotty Wright,
Scotty Wright,
He may be young but hes nae sh@te.

He banged three in at Firhill
On that day he was brill
And he doesnae take heeders into the freezing rill

nice1simmy
16-10-2017, 02:42 PM
Signs contract extension til 2021,great news

GASC1980
16-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Yep. Good news.

KIWIRED
16-10-2017, 11:43 PM
Great news indeed. Great work by the management to keep him at Pittordrie
The good news just keeps coming
DM, just give me a decent run !

Don_Corleone
16-10-2017, 11:52 PM

Excellent news about the extension! I think he'll get a run in the team again at some point - wingers tend to go in and out of form so I imagine GMS will get a few games until he goes off the boil and then maybe Wright will get back in. I think Greg Stewart will be away back to his parent club in Jan (if it was a 6 month loan?!) as I can't see him getting an extended run - never looks fit or fast when he plays. Wright on the other hand is electric.

Pacman1903
17-10-2017, 12:24 AM
Great news

blowupsheep
17-10-2017, 03:11 AM

^^^this^^^
Great news indeed

SF

Aldo1983
18-02-2019, 08:27 AM
Some free kick by him at the weekend... absolute peach.

Pacman1903
18-02-2019, 09:48 AM
That was sublime min. Take a bow

RED_JOHN
18-02-2019, 12:32 PM
Scott Wright has been very good for Dundee. It’s amazing how players can be more dangerous getting used properly. McIntyre knows how to use Wright better in a couple of weeks than the anchor man in charge of our team has done in years because he keeps using him differently or not at all.

The_Moog
18-02-2019, 01:03 PM
Scott Wright has been very good for Dundee. It’s amazing how players can be more dangerous getting used properly. McIntyre knows how to use Wright better in a couple of weeks than the anchor man in charge of our team has done in years because he keeps using him differently or not at all.

The loons done well so far and yesterdays goal was a peach, but lets not start dressing him up as something he's not.

He's had a few good games for us against weaker opposition - same as he did yesterday.

He's been a complete no show in the big games I've seen him in against the likes of Sevco. He's not been good enough consistently to get a regular game for us up to now. Nothing to do with "using him properly". We're a bigger club than Dundee and playing for us comes with pressure he wont get there.

Hopefully this loan will be good for him and us. Much better him playing regularly at Dundee, especially if he keeps playing like that and getting confidence and experience, than sitting on his arse getting splinters up here.

Next season will be make or break for him here. This loan can't do him anything but good.

RedStarTorphins
18-02-2019, 01:13 PM

He's had plenty chances to show what he can do

When he did show anything, it was only sporadic, and against the lesser lights.

Don't remember him doing much of note in a game against a top 6 team.

RED_JOHN
18-02-2019, 05:31 PM
He is not playing with a rope tied around him at Dundee...that is the difference.

February_1971
18-02-2019, 05:38 PM
He's had plenty chances to show what he can do

When he did show anything, it was only sporadic, and against the lesser lights.

Don't remember him doing much of note in a game against a top 6 team.

spot on, a lightweight.

RedStarTorphins
18-02-2019, 06:30 PM
He is not playing with a rope tied around him at Dundee...that is the difference.

Seen Dundee a lot lately have you?

RED_JOHN
18-02-2019, 06:53 PM
Seen Dundee a lot lately have you?

Lol. I have a good friend who is a Dundee fan and have seen Wright contributing to a better Dundee team upon his arrival. He has been very good for them. Funny how the anchor man cannot get much from the lad. It must be his insistence on defending the opposition players first.

The_Moog
18-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Lol. I have a good friend who is a Dundee fan and have seen Wright contributing to a better Dundee team upon his arrival. He has been very good for them. Funny how the anchor man cannot get much from the lad. It must be his insistence on defending the opposition players first.

What - so clearly Dundee near the foot of the league don’t have to do much defending

Every team tries to defend from the front to cut off the supply - football 101.

Scott Wright has never shown the level of performance to be a regular in our team. A team that spends far more time in possession and attacking than Dundee ever will.

He’s lightweight and clearly a confidence player who struggles if things aren’t going his way.

There’s way more pressure and expectation here, and he clearly struggles to cope with it.

It’s got phuck all all to do with some imaginary anchor holding back some great creative genius straining to break free.

Constructive criticism is fine - DM & the team deserve stick for Saturday. We know you don’t like DM - we get it - Christ you go on about it enough - but making stuff up to suit your agenda is pointless as well as tedious.

RED_JOHN
18-02-2019, 09:46 PM
What - so clearly Dundee near the foot of the league don’t have to do much defending

Every team tries to defend from the front to cut off the supply - football 101.

Scott Wright has never shown the level of performance to be a regular in our team. A team that spends far more time in possession and attacking than Dundee ever will.

He’s lightweight and clearly a confidence player who struggles if things aren’t going his way.

There’s way more pressure and expectation here, and he clearly struggles to cope with it.

It’s got phuck all all to do with some imaginary anchor holding back some great creative genius straining to break free.

Constructive criticism is fine - DM & the team deserve stick for Saturday. We know you don’t like DM - we get it - Christ you go on about it enough - but making stuff up to suit your agenda is pointless as well as tedious.

You are getting your knickers in a twist thanks to me praising one of our young lads out on loan. He has been Dundee’s main man (since been shipped out there) playing in our league and as you say they are not as good as us so his scoring there seems very impressive. Just my opinion though so don’t get upset on a banter forum about a poster giving their view.
McInnes is still a fud who isn’t properly helping our own young players.

The_Moog
18-02-2019, 10:10 PM
You are getting your knickers in a twist thanks to me praising one of our young lads out on loan. He has been Dundee’s main man (since been shipped out there) playing in our league and as you say they are not as good as us so his scoring there seems very impressive. Just my opinion though so don’t get upset on a banter forum about a poster giving their view.
McInnes is still a fud who isn’t properly helping our own young players.

Not upset in the slightest pal. It’s a message board on the internet.

Your praise of Wright is fine & spot on. He has done well so far and it’s good to see.

Clearly the decision to loan him out has been beneficial as he’s getting game time and doing well so far. You could even say it’s been a good decision by DM then. You won’t of course - doesn’t suit the agenda - but you could.

It’s your monotonous, tedious repetition of the same line again and again that folk struggle with.

It’s boring min, try changing the record from time to time and folk might take you a bit more seriously. Give it a try...

DodHagi
18-02-2019, 10:41 PM
Well said^^^^

RED_JOHN
18-02-2019, 10:53 PM

Your praise of Wright is fine & spot on. He has done well so far and it’s good to see.

Clearly the decision to loan him out has been beneficial as he’s getting game time and doing well so far. You could even say it’s been a good decision by DM then. You won’t of course - doesn’t suit the agenda - but you could.

It’s your monotonous, tedious repetition of the same line again and again that folk struggle with.

It’s boring min, try changing the record from time to time and folk might take you a bit more seriously. Give it a try...

McInnes has made a mistake with Wright, so praise of the anchor man won’t be forthcoming on that front. I am not here to keep you amused so you will have to suffer me the way I am. You could always join some (sh!tebags) who ignore me as they cannot handle my thinking of how our club conducts itself. I am consistent with my posting...I don’t hide from the truth.

afc1903mad
18-02-2019, 11:26 PM

Well said^^^^

Wright going on loan to Dundee is quite a good bit of business
Dundee are developing our young player who has not demonstrated that he has enough strength nor consistency to demand a regular starting spot.
Here's hoping that he benefits immensely from the loan, gets regular gamete, becomes a stronger player and returns to Aberdeen a better player for next season

ragnarok
19-02-2019, 01:04 AM

RED_JOHN's Law:

"As a thread on AbMad grows longer, the probability that RED_JOHN will identify a problem for which Derek McInnes can be blamed approaches 1"

RED_JOHN's second Law:

"The probability that a post by RED_JOHN on AbMad does not contain a criticism of Derek McInnes is approximately 0"

thebeachend
19-02-2019, 04:04 AM
Wright going on loan to Dundee is quite a good bit of business
Dundee are developing our young player who has not demonstrated that he has enough strength nor consistency to demand a regular starting spot.
Here's hoping that he benefits immensely from the loan, gets regular gamete, becomes a stronger player and returns to Aberdeen a better player for next season

Dundee fans already looking forward to the time that they almost signed him from the Dons

Jackjarvis
19-02-2019, 06:45 AM
RED_JOHN's Law:

"As a thread on AbMad grows longer, the probability that RED_JOHN will identify a problem for which Derek McInnes can be blamed approaches 1"

RED_JOHN's second Law:

"The probability that a post by RED_JOHN on AbMad does not contain a criticism of Derek McInnes is approximately 0"

Pretty much spot on with that, I’m all for debate/banter/opinions.....however RJ is getting tiresome with his fetish about current coach, it does not matter what a thread is about and we now get “anchor man” this and that, we’ve had McAnus,mcwinless,McHunnis, mcsecondiss.....and now f ucking “anchor man”......don’t get me wrong quite a few posts about our current coach are pretty much valid and spot on regarding faults, however imho our club especially with development are better than they were.

SF

RED_JOHN
19-02-2019, 07:22 AM
Pretty much spot on with that, I’m all for debate/banter/opinions.....however RJ is getting tiresome with his fetish about current coach, it does not matter what a thread is about and we now get “anchor man” this and that, we’ve had McAnus,mcwinless,McHunnis, mcsecondiss.....and now f ucking “anchor man”......don’t get me wrong quite a few posts about our current coach are pretty much valid and spot on regarding faults, however imho our club especially with development are better than they were.

SF

Morning Jackie, golf today? When you wake up in the morning are you sober?

On a more serious note lad...it’s good that you acknowledge posts about the disappointing Derek McInnes.

Hope you have a good day swinging your shaft around the course again.

Jackjarvis
19-02-2019, 07:33 AM
Morning Jackie, golf today? When you wake up in the morning are you sober?

On a more serious note lad...it’s good that you acknowledge posts about the disappointing Derek McInnes.

Hope you have a good day swinging your shaft around the course again.

No golf today, Sunday was fine though.

I acknowledge most posts, sadly a few from the half empty minibus are just a rehash of a previous post.

You seem, like a couple of other phannies to have a weird interest in my drinking patterns....a tad bizarre, but hay hoh, if/when you disagree with a posters point of view.....they must in your opinion be blootered??
I take it the Cambridge debating society did invite you onto their team with your sharp wit/intelligence.

SF

Br0chred
19-02-2019, 08:14 AM

The old "like" button

RED_JOHN
19-02-2019, 10:24 AM
No golf today, Sunday was fine though.

I acknowledge most posts, sadly a few from the half empty minibus are just a rehash of a previous post.

You seem, like a couple of other phannies to have a weird interest in my drinking patterns....a tad bizarre, but hay hoh, if/when you disagree with a posters point of view.....they must in your opinion be blootered??
I take it the Cambridge debating society did invite you onto their team with your sharp wit/intelligence.

SF

We are a cheery bunch on the half empty minibus and get a good laugh due to our sharp wit and intellectual brilliance. Not everyone is like us though as others are more interested in glue sniffing, shaft swinging and Jo Brand...but in fairness each to their own as we don’t hold it against them.
It’s great being a fan of the once michty as I still dream on us being michty once more. Or chairman, manager and even one of our own (Andrew Considine) would prefer a stronger Rangers. It’s funny how fellow posters don’t see why I dislike these individuals. I suppose that is one of the reasons they aren’t part of the half empty minibus.

Jackjarvis
19-02-2019, 10:32 AM
We are a cheery bunch on the half empty minibus and get a good laugh due to our sharp wit and intellectual brilliance. Not everyone is like us though as others are more interested in glue sniffing, shaft swinging and Jo Brand...but in fairness each to their own as we don’t hold it against them.
It’s great being a fan of the once michty as I still dream on us being michty once more. Or chairman, manager and even one of our own (Andrew Considine) would prefer a stronger Rangers. It’s funny how fellow posters don’t see why I dislike these individuals. I suppose that is one of the reasons they aren’t part of the half empty minibus.

Is there any scope for translation out there??

Jo Brand ???

Swinging spanner’s I do admit to.

Glue sniffing.......that has been a while getting mentioned!!

“Senile pished up goat” has been missing for a while also.......anyway, you just enjoy your half empty minibus and the humour your group enjoys whilst “attempting” banter on a footy forum.......I’ll just stick to being a plain old dandy that supports his club.

SF

RED_JOHN
19-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Is there any scope for translation out there??

Jo Brand ???

Swinging spanner’s I do admit to.

Glue sniffing.......that has been a while getting mentioned!!

“Senile pished up goat” has been missing for a while also.......anyway, you just enjoy your half empty minibus and the humour your group enjoys whilst “attempting” banter on a footy forum.......I’ll just stick to being a plain old dandy that supports his club.

SF

Jo Brand...remember not long ago you were telling me on this forum that you were punching above your weight talking about your good Mrs. I am sure you said someone on this site could verify this (could have been inversneckie) and I quipped in that you would have been punching above your weight if you had Jo Brand as your wife. :P

Don_Corleone
19-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Wright is a bit of an enigma for me... I believe he's got the talent and attributes to be a really good player, but there's a danger he could end up being another Cammy Smith.

I think Wright is one of these guys who needs to feel valued, like he is the main man in the team. He was sensational in the U20s team when he was the main man, and by all accounts is doing similar at Dundee.

I also think that while he's been in and around the first team for a few years, he's never really been given opportunity to cement a place. He comes in, plays well or very well and is back on the bench the next match. Or he comes in, plays well and is played in a different position in the next match. Or he plays well, then plays badly and is dropped for the next 3 months (whereas other guys like McGinn or GMS play badly and retain their position). I agree he's not shown enough in some of games against bigger teams, but I can't remember him getting much game time against them - he's usually thrown on with 15 mins to go when we're needing a goal and everyone else around him is playing poorly.

I just think he's one who's worth persevering with. He's got pace, skill, control, directness, decent vision and is a good finisher from outside the box. I'm still not sure whether his best position is out wide or in the no10 role, but I think half a season of regular football with Dundee could be the making of him.

Jackjarvis
19-02-2019, 01:26 PM
Jo Brand...remember not long ago you were telling me on this forum that you were punching above your weight talking about your good Mrs. I am sure you said someone on this site could verify this (could have been inversneckie) and I quipped in that you would have been punching above your weight if you had Jo Brand as your wife. :P

That explains your Jo Brand reference, if it even matters!! I would not put Sneckers in a position to comment on my best pal......away and hae a think about the chap that you affectionately now call “anchor man”....... I don’t know why you have given him a new pet name, anyway, each to their own.

SF

RED_JOHN
19-02-2019, 02:20 PM
That explains your Jo Brand reference, if it even matters!! I would not put Sneckers in a position to comment on my best pal......away and hae a think about the chap that you affectionately now call “anchor man”....... I don’t know why you have given him a new pet name, anyway, each to their own.

SF

Anchor man is because he holds us from moving onwards. It’s a good name for him and very apt. It’s here to stay for a while until a more suitable choice comes to mind or he changes his approach.

Jackjarvis
19-02-2019, 04:00 PM
Anchor man is because he holds us from moving onwards. It’s a good name for him and very apt. It’s here to stay for a while until a more suitable choice comes to mind or he changes his approach.

Nawwwww........I would never have cottoned on that was your take on our coach........

RED_JOHN
19-02-2019, 05:30 PM
Nawwwww........I would never have cottoned on that was your take on our coach........

Remember you are senile so you easily forget things so I put it down in black and white to help you through your old age.
Back on topic...do you think Scott Wright has the ability to make the grade at Aberdeen?

InversneckieDob
19-02-2019, 07:21 PM
I would not put Sneckers in a position to comment on my best pal...

I think the phrase I used was "outkicked your coverage".

I had to explain it, which killed the impact a wee bit.

RED_JOHN
19-02-2019, 07:33 PM

XD

Nice try.

Jackjarvis
19-02-2019, 07:58 PM

Let the loon be Sneckers, like about half a dozen of the half empty mini bus.....their unrequited love for the chap that is in charge of our coaching is very much transparent....hay hoh.

SF

RED_JOHN
19-02-2019, 08:38 PM
Let the loon be Sneckers, like about half a dozen of the half empty mini bus.....their unrequited love for the chap that is in charge of our coaching is very much transparent....hay hoh.

SF

Your attempt is worse.

The anchor man has worn you down to submission. I fear for our clubs supporters as Milne and McInnes have numbed far too many supporters who just plod along and except any old sh!t. Some don’t even mind being fleeced of their cash through the DNA fiasco. Football in the north east has become a bit of a chore rather than going to enjoy what is on show. Never mind we should maybe all get behind folk like Milne, McInnes and Considine and cheer for a strong Rangers rather than want our team and club to put them to the sword. We are getting ridiculously soft up in Aberdeen....time to get the sleeves rolled up and put up a fight against these type of conmen.

Br0chred
19-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Fit about the *** pistols anarchy in the uk? The third Manchester team sing it, just a wee change to the words;
I am a f*cking Don
I hate the f*cking Hun
Don't know what I want
But I know how to get it
I want to destroy the SFA
Cos I, wanna be, Aberdeen!

Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Aberdeen.....

That would be f*cking ace if we adopted that.

Jackjarvis
19-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Your attempt is worse.

The anchor man has worn you down to submission. I fear for our clubs supporters as Milne and McInnes have numbed far too many supporters who just plod along and except any old sh!t. Some don’t even mind being fleeced of their cash through the DNA fiasco. Football in the north east has become a bit of a chore rather than going to enjoy what is on show. Never mind we should maybe all get behind folk like Milne, McInnes and Considine and cheer for a strong Rangers rather than want our team and club to put them to the sword. We are getting ridiculously soft up in Aberdeen....time to get the sleeves rolled up and put up a fight against these type of conmen.

????

You genuinely are not for real surely? because a fellow dandy does not quite share your point of view on a banter forum does not mean they are kicking leaves and whistling with things at our club......ffs.......have a wee look(if you can be @rsed) at some of your posts of late.....seriously !!

SF

RED_JOHN
19-02-2019, 10:11 PM
????

You genuinely are not for real surely? because a fellow dandy does not quite share your point of view on a banter forum does not mean they are kicking leaves and whistling with things at our club......ffs.......have a wee look(if you can be @rsed) at some of your posts of late.....seriously !!

SF

Like I said....some like your good self have fallen into submission. Milne and McInnes have numbed your senses. Anyway enjoy your shaft swinging tomorrow and have a drink on me. :)

Red Zone
19-02-2019, 11:02 PM
Dear Mr R John

It has been brought to my attention by a number of concerned posters that you are suffering from an Obsessive Disorder. This is something that affects a number of people but you will be glad to know that it is treatable and you can make a full recovery. The first step in your treatment is to recognise and accept that you have a problem as otherwise this Obsession can take over and control your life. My strong recommendation is that you write four posts each day for the next week extolling the virtue of Derek McInnes. Once you have done this, your obsession should start to ease off. If however you continue to show symptoms there are a lot of your fellow posters happy to help you ween yourself off this obsession.

I hope you find this helpful

Yours sincerely

Dr R Zone
MD AFC PhD

afc1903mad
20-02-2019, 01:15 AM
Dear Mr R John

It has been brought to my attention by a number of concerned posters that you are suffering from an Obsessive Disorder. This is something that affects a number of people but you will be glad to know that it is treatable and you can make a full recovery. The first step in your treatment is to recognise and accept that you have a problem as otherwise this Obsession can take over and control your life. My strong recommendation is that you write four posts each day for the next week extolling the virtue of Derek McInnes. Once you have done this, your obsession should start to ease off. If however you continue to show symptoms there are a lot of your fellow posters happy to help you ween yourself off this obsession.

Yours sincerely

Dr R Zone
MD AFC PhD

You sir, are deserving of the condescending two stars
:star: :star:

RED_JOHN
20-02-2019, 07:27 AM
Dear Mr R John

Yours sincerely

Dr R Zone
MD AFC PhD

SaCk tHe AnChoR mAn bEFoRe YoU fAnS tUrN iNtO zOmBiEs

Don_Corleone
24-02-2019, 01:57 PM
Set up both of Dundee's goals on Friday night...

RED_JOHN
24-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Set up both of Dundee's goals on Friday night...

Too attacking for us. We should try him at right back to try and kick out any attacking threat he may have.

Don_Corleone
24-02-2019, 11:07 PM
Too attacking for us. We should try him at right back to try and kick out any attacking threat he may have.

Wright was always getting criticised for losing the ball too often when trying to beat his man etc, but McLennan probably loses it more than he does. McLennan is a bigger, sturdier unit, which tends to be more the type McInnes likes, but I hope Wright continues his good form and comes back to be a big player for us next season.

ragnarok
24-02-2019, 11:13 PM
Would be great to have a ready made replacement for GMS in the summer. McLennan may be more of a "DM style player" but GMS could be carried off my a gust of wind so it's not as though he's in that mould either.

afc1903mad
24-02-2019, 11:22 PM
Wright was always getting criticised for losing the ball too often when trying to beat his man etc, but McLennan probably loses it more than he does. McLennan is a bigger, sturdier unit, which tends to be more the type McInnes likes, but I hope Wright continues his good form and comes back to be a big player for us next season.

I would put money on Wright losing the ball more than McLennan so far.
Not the point though, let’s hope he improves with the loan deal.

ragnarok
25-02-2019, 12:03 AM
I would put money on Wright losing the ball more than McLennan so far.
Not the point though, let’s hope he improves with the loan deal.

When I have seen Wright play it seems obvious he needs to adapt certain aspects of his game to a higher level. His decision making is sometimes questionable which is something that will only improve with matches under his belt.

afc1903mad
25-02-2019, 02:06 AM
When I have seen Wright play it seems obvious he needs to adapt certain aspects of his game to a higher level. His decision making is sometimes questionable which is something that will only improve with matches under his belt.

I fully agree.
He’s a standout at the youth level and needs a run of games at a higher level.
Going out on loan will hopefully also help him to appreciate what he has at Aberdeen

RED_JOHN
25-02-2019, 07:26 PM

I see McInnes has been getting prepared for Scott Wright returning next season

https://youtu.be/AOYLirV3nzc

rico94
25-02-2019, 07:52 PM
The biggest problem I found with Wright was he got brushed off the ball far too easily,especially against some of the better teams.

Hopefully the loan spell does him good but I think he should have been loaned out a long time ago.

RED_JOHN
25-02-2019, 08:38 PM
The biggest problem I found with Wright was he got brushed off the ball far too easily,especially against some of the better teams.

Hopefully the loan spell does him good but I think he should have been loaned out a long time ago.

Hopefully as you say his loan does him good. At least he is getting a chance at Dundee.

Don_Corleone
25-02-2019, 09:53 PM
Hopefully as you say his loan does him good. At least he is getting a chance at Dundee.

Yeah I think that is the issue - he's a bit lightweight and hasn't got the experience to adapt his game to compensate for what he's lacking in physically. Hopefully his spell at Dundee will help him get the experience he needs to be a bit more streetwise on the park.

nice1simmy
25-02-2019, 10:19 PM
I see McInnes has been getting prepared for Scott Wright returning next season

https://youtu.be/AOYLirV3nzc

?:star::star: :P

afc1903mad
17-03-2019, 11:31 PM
Wright was through one-on-one today against Celtic and should have scored

Basingstokered
18-03-2019, 05:31 AM

I think I once saw Messi through one on one and he didn’t score

Pacman1903
18-03-2019, 06:04 AM

Sack him he's clearly sh@te

DodHagi
18-03-2019, 08:32 AM
The hysteria crew calling out someone for stating a fact which theyve perceived to be a bit ott. Tidy.

afc1903mad
18-03-2019, 09:30 AM
I think I once saw Messi through one on one and he didn’t score
I have no doubt he may have.
Earlier posts on Wright were used to mock the club and the decision to put out on loan.
Seems that some are not open to a balanced viewpoint.

Sack him he's clearly sh@te

As per BSR response above.

The hysteria crew calling out someone for stating a fact which theyve perceived to be a bit ott. Tidy.

I've always said that on his day, he's a tremendous player, but unfortunately, the majority of games he is not.
I was hoping his loan spell gives him gametime, experience and some strength on the ball, I still do.
After a couple of great games for Dundee at the start of the loan, it appears to have went a bit quiet on Wright. Maybe McIntyre has put the shackles on the loon, else maybe he's just the same, inconsistent.

Don_Corleone
19-03-2019, 05:47 PM
I have no doubt he may have.
Earlier posts on Wright were used to mock the club and the decision to put out on loan.
Seems that some are not open to a balanced viewpoint.

As per BSR response above.

I've always said that on his day, he's a tremendous player, but unfortunately, the majority of games he is not.
I was hoping his loan spell gives him gametime, experience and some strength on the ball, I still do.
After a couple of great games for Dundee at the start of the loan, it appears to have went a bit quiet on Wright. Maybe McIntyre has put the shackles on the loon, else maybe he's just the same, inconsistent.

I still think he would do a better job than anyone else we've got in the no10 role at the moment, linking midfield and attack - even if he's only good in 1 game out of 3 he'll be better there than May, and probably contribute more than Stewart who just looks too slow and ponderous. He's had plenty game time at Dundee and he's chipped in with some assists and goals in a struggling side, so the experience will hopefully benefit him when he returns in the summer.

RED_JOHN
19-03-2019, 06:11 PM
I still think he would do a better job than anyone else we've got in the no10 role at the moment, linking midfield and attack - even if he's only good in 1 game out of 3 he'll be better there than May, and probably contribute more than Stewart who just looks too slow and ponderous. He's had plenty game time at Dundee and he's chipped in with some assists and goals in a struggling side, so the experience will hopefully benefit him when he returns in the summer.

Got a funny feeling Scott Wright will be let go by McInnes. He didn’t get used to his full potential and that hindered the lads development. We are too defensive for having Wright in our team so he is of no use to the mantra of how our esteemed buffoon wants football played. Shame, as the lad could certainly have been a very decent player.

rico94
19-03-2019, 06:25 PM
It’s a bit odd that some people criticise McLennan for not making the right decision at times by taking an extra touch or trying to beat a defender when he would be better off shooting or crossing,some have even said that McLennan will never make it with us unless he improves on these things.

I would say McLennan has a hell of a better chance of making it with us than Wright has,he nearly has more goals and assists than Wright has in over 50 games.

And that includes the hatrick he scored against a Partick team who were already on their holidays.

RED_JOHN
19-03-2019, 06:58 PM
It’s a bit odd that some people criticise McLennan for not making the right decision at times by taking an extra touch or trying to beat a defender when he would be better off shooting or crossing,some have even said that McLennan will never make it with us unless he improves on these things.

I would say McLennan has a hell of a better chance of making it with us than Wright has,he nearly has more goals and assists than Wright has in over 50 games.

And that includes the hatrick he scored against a Partick team who were already on their holidays.

McLennan is an excellent player who if used properly will be absolutely fantastic for us. He could be worth a few bob more than Scott McKenna if utilised properly. Young players make the wrong choices now and again but hey so do our senior players. We as a club should be trying our best to let these players learn and give them the confidence to take themselves and our club to the next level. McLennan is a prospect and a half....he will get even better if used correctly.

afc1903mad
19-03-2019, 06:58 PM

Very good and valid post.
Here’s hoping he returns in the summer having benefitted from the game time.

afc1903mad
19-03-2019, 07:00 PM
McLennan is an excellent player who if used properly will be absolutely fantastic for us. He could be worth a few bob more than Scott McKenna if utilised properly. Young players make the wrong choices now and again but hey so do our senior players. We as a club should be trying our best to let these players learn and give them the confidence to take themselves and our club to the next level. McLennan is a prospect and a half....he will get even better if used correctly.

Is he being given the opportunity and being used correctly at the moment?

RED_JOHN
19-03-2019, 07:18 PM
Is he being given the opportunity and being used correctly at the moment?

A fit Mackay-Steven would have seen him dropped.
In fairness to Del he has given the lad a chance but still doesn’t use him properly a lot of time. We need a better thinking attacking approach during matches and this young lad would have a field day. Better attacking players around him will without doubt make him even better than now.

Don_Corleone
19-03-2019, 10:37 PM
I think the difference between McLennan and Wright is their physicality - McLennan is better built for getting booted about the pitch and he can hold off challenges better than Wright who's pretty brittle. Ability wise I think they're both very good. They both have pace, directness, skill, a decent shot from distance and good finishers.

I think McInnes drops these types of players and switches them around and plays them out of position far too often. Wright would play well one match, be played out of position the next, get 5 minutes off the bench the next, then be completely dropped the following week. McLennan has benefitted from injuries and McInnes has given him a reasonable run in his favoured position.

RedStarTorphins
19-03-2019, 10:48 PM
I would say that Scott Wright has found a level he’s comfortable at.
If he has a poor game he’ll still get a run in Dundee’s team & expectation is lower.
I always got the impression he was ok against the poor teams but can’t recall him doing anything of note in a “big” game.
Depending on who comes/goes in the summer, he might not come back.

afc1903mad
23-07-2019, 11:00 AM
From The Times today

Scott Wright, 21, issued with first-team challenge at Aberdeen

Scott Wright has been challenged by his manager Derek McInnes to seize his chance to become a first-team regular for Aberdeen. The 21-year-old striker has featured in both of his side’s Europa League fixtures against RoPS Rovaniemi, having spent the second half of last season on loan at Dundee.

While fellow wide players Niall McGinn, Connor McLennan and James Wilson are still getting up to full match sharpness, Wright has been an important player for McInnes in their early season fixtures. Last week against Rovaniemi, he set up his side’s winner as they progressed to the second round of qualifying. “Sometimes you have got to come back extra motivated and Scott is a few years on now,” said McInnes.

“Scott is a player who we know what his capabilities are and for any young player it is about trying to get that consistency. Scott, at his best, has a role to play for us there is no question about that. He is a problem when he is on form, he can cause problems to opposition teams. We are pleased with Scott and he has come back looking good. On testing day, he was strong and he has played in all the games since we have come back and that shows an indication of where he is.”

In 13 appearances for Dundee last term, Wright scored three goals but only won two games. He is in contention to start for Aberdeen against Chikhura Sachkhere in Tbilisi on Thursday.

“It [the loan] will have been beneficial but how beneficial it will have been remains to be seen because we are only just back into the season,” said McInnes. “That added responsibility of being at a team at the bottom of the table was something new for him.

“He had some good moments there along with some lows. I think Scott was key when Dundee had some of their better performances and that shows the influence he can have on a team. I am sure he can have that influence on our team. The opportunity for Scott has always been there. We thought long and hard about putting him out on loan over the last couple of seasons but Scott wanted that opportunity in January. We are hoping with that added game exposure and his experiences of last season that he comes back with more maturity and responsibility.”

D31
23-07-2019, 11:03 AM
I'd say he's probably on trial up to deadline day

RedStarTorphins
23-07-2019, 11:16 AM

How many chances has he had?
Not quite good enough
Will have a decent career, just not at the level of Aberdeen.

afc1903mad
23-07-2019, 11:58 AM

I think that's a fair call

How many chances has he had?
Not quite good enough
Will have a decent career, just not at the level of Aberdeen.

I'm generally in agreement with you.
A few key parts of the article though: -

“Scott is a player who we know what his capabilities are and for any young player it is about trying to get that consistency. Scott, at his best, has a role to play for us there is no question about that. He is a problem when he is on form, he can cause problems to opposition teams. We are pleased with Scott and he has come back looking good. On testing day, he was strong and he has played in all the games since we have come back and that shows an indication of where he is.”

1st Half against ROPS at Pittodrie, he was too cautious and frustrating, much better second half
Rops away, he came off the bench and was influential with the pass for our second goal

He had some good moments there along with some lows. I think Scott was key when Dundee had some of their better performances and that shows the influence he can have on a team. I am sure he can have that influence on our team. The opportunity for Scott has always been there. We thought long and hard about putting him out on loan over the last couple of seasons but Scott wanted that opportunity in January. We are hoping with that added game exposure and his experiences of last season that he comes back with more maturity and responsibility.”

I think he is being given another chance, but this article also is an indication that this is his time to be a first team regular

Scott Wright has been challenged by his manager Derek McInnes to seize his chance to become a first-team regular for Aberdeen.

Don_Corleone
23-07-2019, 04:26 PM
Personally I think we should just hold on to him. He's in the last year of his contract anyway and he's probably not on much per week. He gives us an added attacking option through the centre or out wide and is useful even as a back up if he's not going to make the starting 11. No point putting him out on loan again. On his game he's a really good player - his assist for Ferguson's goal last week was excellent. Keep him and see how he gets on - even if he just gets the odd game here and there and produces a few moments like that it'll be worth it. We persevered with Stevie May as a first pick for 2 seasons and he offered a lot less attacking threat than Scott Wright.

D31
23-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Wright has two years on his contract

RED_JOHN
12-09-2019, 01:07 PM
I have sympathy for the lad...it’s a shame he is out for the rest of the season. If he doesn’t recover well from the cruciate injury this could be the end of his Aberdeen career.

Stavros39
12-09-2019, 01:29 PM
I have sympathy yes! But I hope he is moved on next summer, he's far to lightweight skinny and injury prone!

RedStarTorphins
12-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Did the Scott Wright ACL injury occur whilst with the U-21's during this sh1te international break?

If so, F*CK the SFA!!!

Any excuse to deride those c*nts.

RED_JOHN
12-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Did the Scott Wright ACL injury occur whilst with the U-21's during this sh1te international break?

If so, F*CK the SFA!!!

Any excuse to deride those c*nts.

No, it was a training ground injury with Aberdeen.

RedStarTorphins
12-09-2019, 02:06 PM
No, it was a training ground injury with Aberdeen.

ok, I see.

F**K the SFA anyway.

Masonic c***s

RedStarTorphins
12-09-2019, 02:12 PM
Not overly fussed about him missing, albeit it's very unfortunate for the lad.

IMO he's not quite good enough, but that said, we're light out wide now.

We have McGinn & McLennan who are both injury prone, and Hedges, who I'm not sure McInnes sees as an out and out winger.
I suppose Gallagher would count as someone who can play wide, although he's due to leave in January

blowupsheep
12-09-2019, 03:03 PM
I also have sympathy for the lad
All the best Scotty ma loon for a full recovery and all the best for your future

COYR

RED_JOHN
12-09-2019, 09:11 PM
I also have sympathy for the lad
All the best Scotty ma loon for a full recovery and all the best for your future

COYR

I am not convinced we look after our players properly. We have major injury problems far too often. Maybe something the management should be addressing.

Aldo1983
13-09-2019, 07:59 AM
The injury was on a plastic pitch...

RED_JOHN
13-09-2019, 09:17 AM
You never heard about these injuries when our players got real man’s training on the beach. Funny how we were decent then and could actually play football.

Pacman1903
13-09-2019, 09:23 AM
The injury was on a plastic pitch...

Wouldn't have got it if he was running round Seaton Park

afc1903mad
13-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Have all our injuries this year been on plastic pitches?

RED_JOHN
13-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Have all our injuries this year been on plastic pitches?

No, I think it is on our players.

Aldo1983
13-09-2019, 12:11 PM
Wouldn't have got it if he was running round Seaton Park

Odd that the club are happy to have a pop at the clubs with plastic pitches but they train on them as well. Worst injury we've had for a while. Shameful.

Pacman1903
13-09-2019, 12:29 PM
Odd that the club are happy to have a pop at the clubs with plastic pitches but they train on them as well. Worst injury we've had for a while. Shameful.

And install them at the supery doopery training centre of excellent awesomeness in Dunecht

And have the youngsters play matches on them

I may be wrong but its the worst since Mark Reynolds at Sevcoves plastic monstrosity?

redscot
13-09-2019, 12:39 PM
And install them at the supery doopery training centre of excellent awesomeness in Dunecht

And have the youngsters play matches on them

I may be wrong but its the worst since Mark Reynolds at Sevcoves plastic monstrosity?

Maybe we could rename it "The Cormack Potentional Cruciate Injury Park"?

Don_Corleone
27-09-2020, 10:38 PM
Just bumping up this thread I started back in August 2017... I heralded Wright as possibly the most exciting young player we’ve produced since Jess... I may have been slightly optimistic but he’s certainly starting to come good playing in a more attack minded team and a more central position.

blowupsheep
28-09-2020, 04:50 AM
Just bumping up this thread I started back in August 2017... I heralded Wright as possibly the most exciting young player we’ve produced since Jess... I may have been slightly optimistic but he’s certainly starting to come good playing in a more attack minded team and a more central position.

Aye DC good shout three years back, he has been a bit unlucky with one thing and another over the past couple of years but the more he plays the better he gets, he really is a joy to watch.
Why he was left out on Thursday in Lisbon remains a mystery to me, the lad is a livewire and should probably be one of the first names on the team sheet week after week.

The_Moog
28-09-2020, 07:28 AM

I’ve never been convinced by Wright. Thought he was soft, too lightweight & I’ve seen him hide a good few times in big games.

That said, he’s been absolutely excellent so far this season. Him & Hedges have been the real difference makers in the team. You feel something positive could happen every time they are on the ball & the way Wright takes the ball and his first thought is immediately to push forward is great to see & a real threat.

He’s a confidence player. His confidence is sky high just now & it’s showing in his play.

He shouldn’t have been dropped on Thursday - no question.

That said, the big test for him, the team & DM comes with the two Timothy games coming up.

Wright needs to step up & do it against that level of opposition. If he does that, like Jess used to do all the time - then I’ll truly be convinced we have a plaaaar on our hands.

Over to you Scotty min...

phuxachemin
28-09-2020, 11:40 AM
For me the big difference is his brain is now in sync with his feet. Always felt before his timing was out. He was off trying something before he really had control of the ball.

andoplzcumbak
28-09-2020, 06:45 PM
Now if him n Hedges can practice being a bit more clinical at finishing..

rico94
28-09-2020, 07:22 PM
Wright has started the season well but he has a long way to go before he can start being compared to Eoin Jess.

He has a bit to go before he can be compared to Peter Pawlett in his 2013/14 purple patch.

Hedges has started the season better than him but that doesn’t get mentioned oddly enough.

Don’t get me wrong I hope Wright continues to go in the right direction but he needs to improve a lot.

GASC1980
29-09-2020, 09:35 PM
I think he has been much better this season but needs to be more clinical in front of goal. He has missed a couple of one on ones already this season and the more you watch the one on Sunday at Dingwall the worse it gets. He hit the outside of the post and had the whole goal to aim for. From the camera angle behind the goal it looks terrible. But fair play to him and Hedges. Linking up well and I do like that his first thought when he gets the ball is to go forward. I wish more of the team had that attitude.

GASC1980
17-10-2020, 07:54 PM
Yet again another bad miss i thought today. Needs to be more calm and show more composure in front of goal. We need someone to be clinical with these cracking opportunities. Sadly this is where Scott Wright lets us down.

Don_Corleone
18-10-2020, 08:04 AM
Yet again another bad miss i thought today. Needs to be more calm and show more composure in front of goal. We need someone to be clinical with these cracking opportunities. Sadly this is where Scott Wright lets us down.

Agreed, he needs to work on his finishing. The chances where hedges put him through was a poor ball too near the keeper, and although it was a one on one he didn’t really have much chance to lift it over or put it round the keeper. The other one where he had a bit more time and space, should’ve been a goal, he should’ve done better.

I think we create more chances when he’s on the park though - he gets more chances than someone like edmondson does even though he’s a striker - I think it’s because of his speed, ability to link up and find pockets of space. We definitely need to start putting away more chances as a team but I would keep Wright in the starting 11 for the Hamilton game for what he’s offering overall. I think he will probably be the one to drop out when Cosgrove is back.

RED_JOHN
18-10-2020, 08:21 AM
Keep Scott Wright in the team when Cosgrove is back. We really don’t need both Ferguson and McCrorie playing against the likes of Dundee United, Hamilton etc. One of them should make way for Cosgrove.

afc1903mad
18-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Keep Scott Wright in the team when Cosgrove is back. We really don’t need both Ferguson and McCrorie playing against the likes of Dundee United, Hamilton etc. One of them should make way for Cosgrove.

Ludicrous

pieandbovrilman
18-10-2020, 11:23 AM

Trolling in its purest form there just desperate for a bite ....

RED_JOHN
18-10-2020, 12:31 PM
Trolling in its purest form there just desperate for a bite ....

XD

I personally would keep Wright in the team and put our main striker (not Curtis) in the team when fit instead of one of those 2 players discussed. Let’s see how they cope against Celtic at the weekend and my point about us having a more positive attacking approach will come to fruition again.

DonUnder
18-10-2020, 12:32 PM
I blame David Beckham

Why does the floppy haired generation have to kick the ba with a wide open instep?

Perhaps Cyan, Magenta and Neon Green beets are designed that way - can't put the laces through it because they aren't on the top of the boots.

Be nice to see Wright blooter the ba once just to show he can.

KIWIRED
18-10-2020, 04:30 PM
Wright is not a natural striker
He missed two sitters on Saturday a decent striker would have buried them
They lies the problem
Nice lad occasionally a neat pass but that's all he has
No more than a bench warmer
Still waiting for that major breakthrough into the first team and a heap of goals
Unfortunately been wating for several seasons now and nothing is happening
Cannot afford to play him am I afraid. Harsh but true

afc1903mad
18-10-2020, 06:16 PM
Wright is not a natural striker
He missed two sitters on Saturday a decent striker would have buried them
They lies the problem
Nice lad occasionally a neat pass but that's all he has
No more than a bench warmer
Still waiting for that major breakthrough into the first team and a heap of goals
Unfortunately been wating for several seasons now and nothing is happening
Cannot afford to play him am I afraid. Harsh but true

I think people are being a tad harsh on Wright. He did not miss two sitters.

The first was a great lay-off to Hedges, then a great run into space. Hedges pass was over hit and allowed the keeper to close down

The second opportunity he controlled well, hit the target and forced the keeper to make a great save. Much better than the one a few weeks ago where he missed the target altogether.

When you look at the chances created, he was involved in most and deserves a bit of slack in my opinion.

rico94
18-10-2020, 06:33 PM
I think people are being a tad harsh on Wright. He did not miss two sitters.

The first was a great lay-off to Hedges, then a great run into space. Hedges pass was over hit and allowed the keeper to close down

The second opportunity he controlled well, hit the target and forced the keeper to make a great save. Much better than the one a few weeks ago where he missed the target altogether.

When you look at the chances created, he was involved in most and deserves a bit of slack in my opinion.

Why?

Local loon?

afc1903mad
18-10-2020, 07:20 PM
Why?

Local loon?

What are you referring to? That he’s nae a weegie?

rico94
18-10-2020, 07:35 PM
What are you referring to? That he’s nae a weegie?

If someone like Hedges or McGinn was missing the amount of chances that Wright is missing you would be tearing them a new one.

And rightly so I may add so Wright should be getting the same amount of criticism as they would.

afc1903mad
19-10-2020, 02:34 AM
If someone like Hedges or McGinn was missing the amount of chances that Wright is missing you would be tearing them a new one.

And rightly so I may add so Wright should be getting the same amount of criticism as they would.

Well, you’re way off the mark there. I don’t segregate our players. I’ve criticized Wright in the past and questioned whether he had it in him to succeed, but don’t agree with some people’s lambasting of him this season or in Saturday’s game

sheepcrooky
19-10-2020, 07:25 AM
Well, you’re way off the mark there. I don’t segregate our players. I’ve criticized Wright in the past and questioned whether he had it in him to succeed, but don’t agree with some people’s lambasting of him this season or in Saturday’s game

This is the most consistent game time Scott Wright has ever had. The formation suits him and he has formed a good partnership with Hedges working off each other.
I think most of us would agree we are playing football that is actually good to watch. But, 10 goals in 9 league games is awful and the whole team must bear the brunt of that.

Of that 10 goals, 5 are from Ferguson (4 pens) and no goals from defenders at all.

The whole team really has to start converting chances for our confidence levels to increase, not just Scott Wright.

Aldo1983
19-10-2020, 07:33 AM
I don’t segregate our players.

https://youtu.be/AgcTvoWjZJU

andoplzcumbak
19-10-2020, 09:03 AM
Just seen the highlights.

The 1st chance was over hit by Hedges allowing their goalie to close down, 2nd was a decent save but he should have put it away.

That non penalty though! Jesus Christ! We’re due one now.

57vintage
19-10-2020, 09:27 AM
Just seen the highlights.

The 1st chance was over hit by Hedges allowing their goalie to close down, 2nd was a decent save but he should have put it away.

I think that Harper, McDougall or Shearer with striker instincts would have found a way of putting the pass from Hedges away, 9 times out of 10. Wright has been shuttled around in the time he's been in the first team squad, and he's now playing the best I've seen him. His injury last season put a block on the promise he showed in the early matches of 2019-20.

My criticism is still of his speed of thinking and the frequency of wrong decision-making. Whether that will improve with experience, or if that's something that can be coached in/out, better qualified* people than me will have to judge.

*I doubt that this forum's self-appointed experts on skills, tactics, signing policy, training methods, catwalk appeal of kit, club finances, Bovril, programme content, stadium design, and whether or not our improvement this season is down to the serif font being used on the backs of players' shirts, will have the answer, but I look forward to their input**.

** like **** I do

sheepcrooky
19-10-2020, 10:49 AM
It’s days like today when you look at the dreich outside I almost miss bovril.

donsdaft
19-10-2020, 11:45 AM
Where was the massive Bovril sign?
Tannadice?

RED_JOHN
19-10-2020, 01:48 PM
Scott Wright has been one of our best players this season and his understanding with Hedges is decent. Okay the lad isn’t a natural striker and definitely needs to improve on that front but give the lad a break. Better playing him rather than the likes of Ojo who offer very little whatsoever.
The bigger concern is who should we drop to the bench to get the scoring donkey (Cosgrove) back in the team? I still say Ferguson or McCrorie.

RED_JOHN
19-10-2020, 01:49 PM
It’s days like today when you look at the dreich outside I almost miss bovril.

Not a Bovril drinker myself. Revolting stuff.