PDA

View Full Version : How I saw it

roweyp
08-08-2017, 06:47 AM
I agree 100% that the preseason has been pathetic and that we are probably two weeks behind being ready for the season. Not enough challenging matches and very little time for any side to gel together. As for the Coventry game, the first goal again comes from the fact we don't have a dominant quality centre back at the club despite crying out for one for years. Losing aerial battle led to the problem in the first place before Jones backed off. The second and third were with us being stretched trying to find a goal, hit on the break although the defending wasn't great. As stated at the start of the season we still need a pacy striker and two centre backs that have some pace and win the battles. In do wonder who makes the decision on signings when we are continually fail to sign what we actually need to be successful.

Notts78
08-08-2017, 07:01 AM
These players you talk of are thin in numbers. We already have a pacy striker in Forte. Is he really the answer?
As for dominant centre halves with pace... not many of these exist in League 2.
My biggest issue is the lack of anticipation.. a defender will lose headers, but what are his 'mates' doing to make sure that they win the 2nd ball? Not enough.

LaxtonLad
08-08-2017, 07:07 AM
You can see it and I can see it, but if the management think we need more and more midfielders and three goalkeepers but we are all right in attack and the defence will soon be ok, then what more can you say?

marshall55
08-08-2017, 08:12 AM
its ok, Ilson got a point, Hardy praises their support of 200, Notts? 1700 and nothing.

calmpie
08-08-2017, 08:23 AM
its ok, Ilson got a point, Hardy praises their support of 200, Notts? 1700 and nothing.

Mr Marshall.....He did praise our support at Coventry. You need to use Twitter - that is Hardy's preferred way of communicating.

upthemaggies
08-08-2017, 08:50 AM

Alan Hardy
@Bigalanh5
Aug 5
Brilliant support from our amazing fans. Thank you all 👏👏👏👏 pic.twitter.com/RkxubLlmjH
View photo ·

Alan Hardy
@Bigalanh5
Aug 6
Absolutely; outstanding support yesterday and love the passionate and committed fans. Hoping for a big crowd on Saturday for 1st home game twitter.com/duncanpayne1/s…
View details ·

marshall55
08-08-2017, 10:04 AM
2nd tweet refers to Ilson? but hands up for the first tweet, video content could not be viewed.

nay123
08-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Alan Hardy
@Bigalanh5
Aug 5
Brilliant support from our amazing fans. Thank you all 👏👏👏👏 pic.twitter.com/RkxubLlmjH
View photo ·

Alan Hardy
@Bigalanh5
Aug 6
Absolutely; outstanding support yesterday and love the passionate and committed fans. Hoping for a big crowd on Saturday for 1st home game twitter.com/duncanpayne1/s…
View details · another bad showing tonight and he can forget a big crowd on Saturday people have had enough of this crap defending there is still something wrong at this club.

Old_pie
08-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Mr Marshall.....He did praise our support at Coventry. You need to use Twitter - that is Hardy's preferred way of communicating.

No! Mr Hardy needs to reach his "customers" by their preferred way of communicating.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
08-08-2017, 11:02 AM
No! Mr Hardy needs to reach his "customers" by their preferred way of communicating.

Carrier Pigeons long gone old boy.

marshall55
08-08-2017, 11:26 AM

How do you know i am a Mr?:?,
Seriously though, this guy has his finger in so many pies (punt not intended) i wonder how he finds the time, his pre season hype, bums off seats, wow signings, going to be mega, promotion, etc are grounds for miss selling me thinks maybe we should all get a claim in before it is to late, as it stands this squad will struggle to finish top half and that is before injuries and the like.
Noted Chesterfield had 30 shots last week if they have their shooting boots on we could well be in trouble.

pedrolane
08-08-2017, 11:33 AM
I still see no planning was done. Hardy states in his EP interview 'we are working on our scouting network to cover all bases'. He's had 8 months and a summer break to put those plans into practice. There was no plan IMO hence the weak signings. Hopefully we can get the right result tonight and draw a bigger club and generate income that way.

upthemaggies
08-08-2017, 01:17 PM
another bad showing tonight and he can forget a big crowd on Saturday people have had enough of this crap defending there is still something wrong at this club.

Don't think tonight will make any difference either way or tell us much. Two years ago we won away at Huddersfield in the League Cup 1st round but didn't win another game on the road until January and three days after the win at Hudds we lost at home to Stags with a terrible performance.
Last season we lost at Scunny in this competition in the 1st round having lost our opening league game also, but went on to win the next four away games on the trot.
The League Cup at this stage of the competition is barely more meaningful than the Checkertrade, though having said that I guess you could say we are potentially two wins away from Wembley, were we to draw Spurs away in the 3rd round.

tarquinbeech
08-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Don't think tonight will make any difference either way or tell us much. Two years ago we won away at Huddersfield in the League Cup 1st round but didn't win another game on the road until January and three days after the win at Hudds we lost at home to Stags with a terrible performance.
Last season we lost at Scunny in this competition in the 1st round having lost our opening league game also, but went on to win the next four away games on the trot.
The League Cup at this stage of the competition is barely more meaningful than the Checkertrade, though having said that I guess you could say we are potentially two wins away from Wembley, were we to draw Spurs away in the 3rd round.

Quite looking forward to tonight's game (assuming it is on iFollow and it's not more false advertising)......I want a look at some of the fringe players plus hopefully a different style of play ie passing the ball to feet might be a novel approach

sidders
08-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Seriously though, this guy has his finger in so many pies (punt not intended) i wonder how he finds the time, his pre season hype, bums off seats, wow signings, going to be mega, promotion, etc are grounds for miss selling me thinks maybe we should all get a claim in before it is to late, as it stands this squad will struggle to finish top half and that is before injuries and the like.
Noted Chesterfield had 30 shots last week if they have their shooting boots on we could well be in trouble.

I'm amazed you got away on here with describing the boss as having his finger in lots of Pies. It's bordering on libel.

countygump
08-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Quite looking forward to tonight's game (assuming it is on iFollow and it's not more false advertising)......I want a look at some of the fringe players plus hopefully a different style of play ie passing the ball to feet might be a novel approach

I think some of them desperately need their fringe cutting so's they can see where the goal is.

tarquinbeech
08-08-2017, 01:57 PM
I think some of them desperately need their fringe cutting so's they can see where the goal is.

Just watched 18 minutes of KN's "pre-Scunny" thoughts on iFollow.....sounds like Yates and Forte might start tonight plus a few other "fringe" players.

Not sure if it's my imagination, but KN sounded a bit down despite trying to state otherwise......he said he couldn't watch all of the replay again........................ because "watching it once on Saturday was enough"......mmmmmm

LaxtonLad
08-08-2017, 02:16 PM
I still see no planning was done. Hardy states in his EP interview 'we are working on our scouting network to cover all bases'. He's had 8 months and a summer break to put those plans into practice. There was no plan IMO hence the weak signings. Hopefully we can get the right result tonight and draw a bigger club and generate income that way.

I think Nolan identified which players he would like in his team, and in his naivity, Hardy thought he could just go to another club whose player he wanted, make an offer for him and the said club would just say "Yes, of course, he's yours." Reality soon set in and they have had to set their sights lower and lower till now, very late in the day, they have had to settle for players not really wanted by their clubs.

eastwoodmagpie
08-08-2017, 02:18 PM

Just hope Dan Jones is not playing against Chesterfield, they must know about his weakness of standing off his opponents, would be intresting to know if Nolan actually saw him play before signing him. Doesn't look like he his an improvement on Dickinson.

pedrolane
08-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Dan Jones was poor whilst on loan with us years ago. As I keep saying IMO there was and is no plan despite AH spinning it in his EP Q@A with this class of 2018 crap. We have no reserve team so young players will never get a chance and will not have a reserve team by then. Going to Ilson will do those young players no good at all, it's pub team standard.

Notts78
08-08-2017, 05:18 PM
I bet Forest fans think that about sending their kids to Notts?
Incidentally, you must have played for some seriously good pub teams to liken Ilkeston to that standard Pedro.

nay123
08-08-2017, 05:24 PM
The League Cup at this stage of the competition is barely more meaningful than the Checkertrade, though having said that I guess you could say we are potentially two wins away from Wembley, were we to draw Spurs away in the 3rd round. playing spurs would be like a cup final for notts money wise.