PDA

View Full Version : O/T Bin the binman

BaggieBlood
08-08-2017, 10:53 AM
These disgraceful cretins have been on strike on and off for an age now.

They have allowed rubbish to pile up outside many homes, allowing the increase of vermin. This all despite the residents paying one of the highest council tax bills in the country.

If you don't want the job, resign and do something else.

You pick up a sack of c r@p and throw it in a lorry, it's not rocket science!

Q165
08-08-2017, 11:09 AM
It sounds shocking. Surprised there haven't been comments on here before

WBA1955
08-08-2017, 11:19 AM
These'peasants'need'flogging'or'burning'at'the'sta ke.
Get'rid'of'them'all'and'give'the'job'to'people'who 'aren't'bothered'about'wages'or'conditions.
Thousands'would'jump'at'the'chance.

BaggieBlood
08-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Here's a link for you Q.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-birmingham-40850755

WBA1955
08-08-2017, 11:25 AM
People'should'accept'job'losses'as'long'as'it's'no t'my'job.Thats'what'you'are'saying'isn't'it.
I'hope'people'are'as'sympathetic'to'you'should'you r'job'be'under'threat

SwedishBaggie
08-08-2017, 11:42 AM
In Sweden bin men in Stockholm were on strike at the start of the summer. It was revealed that they earn around 3 300 pounds a month, and full time is 29 hours a week... :O No sympathy from me there!

Back in the days it was heavy work and bodies were worn out, now in Sweden all bins are on wheels, which are then lifted by the bin lorry, therefore not heavy work any more.

BaggieBlood
08-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Birmingham council is skint, it's sold most of its assets like the icc to stay afloat and cut services to the bone and cut jobs in many in a effort to continue functioning.

Central government has reduced it's funding to it citing austerity as an excuse.

It's unfortunate for the 120 jobs that may go but the council isn't doing it because it wants to sack people, it's doing it because it's got no money or choice.

Do you think the council wants to put workers on the dole and pay their council tax and housing benefits, where applicable etc, etc.

Tell me 55 what do you do when thousands of jobs are lost everyday, for example at Bhs recently?

mickd1961
08-08-2017, 05:59 PM
I don't know about their pay and conditions,they may well have a case,not a nice job when the weather is s h I t.

No sympathy for the lazy f u c k driving the vehicle though,must be the easiest job on the planet and one only worth minimum wage.

You could train a chimp to do it!

albion68
08-08-2017, 06:13 PM
I don't know about their pay and conditions,they may well have a case,not a nice job when the weather is s h I t.

No sympathy for the lazy f u c k driving the vehicle though,must be the easiest job on the planet and one only worth minimum wage.

You could train a chimp to do it!
This is only earsay,but a friend of mine who's relative is a bin driver.is on 28 grand a year.sandwell council.

mickd1961
08-08-2017, 06:18 PM
This is only earsay,but a friend of mine who's relative is a bin driver.is on 28 grand a year.sandwell council.

£28k and a gold plated pension for sitting in the warm eating bacon sandwiches and mars bars FFS.

You never see a stick thin bin driver do you!?

albion68
08-08-2017, 06:23 PM
£28k and a gold plated pension for sitting in the warm eating bacon sandwiches and mars bars FFS.

You never see a stick thin bin driver do you!?
You never see a stick thin driver full stop mick.well I've not.

WBA1955
08-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Mick,you'obviously'have'no'idea'of'the'job,rotatio n'of'staff'or'driving'hours.I'guarantee'anyone'on' here'would'feel'different'if'they'had'to'
walk'10-15'miles'a'day'emptying'1,700'bins'in'all'weathers .
As'for'anyone'envious'of'what'binmen'earn,'then'yo u'obviously'have'an'underpaid'job.Get'another'job' preferably'on'the'bins.:p
Minimum'wage'for'an'HGV'driver'in'charge'of'a'19't on'truck,in'tight'Cul'de'Sac's.Yeah'right
I'm'not'a'binman'by'the'way,i'm'a'sweeper'driver.N ow'thats'an'easy'Job';D

albion68
08-08-2017, 07:46 PM
Mick,you'obviously'have'no'idea'of'the'job,rotatio n'of'staff'or'driving'hours.I'guarantee'anyone'on' here'would'feel'different'if'they'had'to'
walk'10-15'miles'a'day'emptying'1,700'bins'in'all'weathers .
As'for'anyone'envious'of'what'binmen'earn,'then'yo u'obviously'have'an'underpaid'job.Get'another'job' preferably'on'the'bins.:p
Minimum'wage'for'an'HGV'driver'in'charge'of'a'19't on'truck,in'tight'Cul'de'Sac's.Yeah'right
I'm'not'a'binman'by'the'way,i'm'a'sweeper'driver.N ow'thats'an'easy'Job';D

Are you stick thin or fat ,just asking.

phild
08-08-2017, 09:07 PM
They day even empty my recycle bin last week all because there was a couple of small polystyrene plant containers in there which I wasn't even aware of so instead of taking em out they stuck a flippin big sticker on the bin instead, bearing in mind the bin was choc full with other recyclables. Back in the day everything went in a black bag with no probs but now as well as emptying rubbish they are now rummaging thru the rubbish as well hoping they can go on a power trip if they find a crisp bag and wave there stickers around. No tip from me this Christmas mind ya does anyone still tip the bin man anyway?

mickd1961
08-08-2017, 09:18 PM
They day even empty my recycle bin last week all because there was a couple of small polystyrene plant containers in there which I wasn't even aware of so instead of taking em out they stuck a flippin big sticker on the bin instead, bearing in mind the bin was choc full with other recyclables. Back in the day everything went in a black bag with no probs but now as well as emptying rubbish they are now rummaging thru the rubbish as well hoping they can go on a power trip if they find a crisp bag and wave there stickers around. No tip from me this Christmas mind ya does anyone still tip the bin man anyway?

Forget the tip for the driver.....pass the fat f u c k a doughnut....you'll make his Xmas.

holmleighchris
09-08-2017, 05:49 AM

They divide the recyclables into different compartments on the lorry Phil, hence they are going to come across anything that shouldn't be there. I remember being told back when it started that they wouldn't empty the tub if it had any wrong stuff in it. I can't see why, if it's there, they can't drop the non recyclables in your regular bin to save the hassle.

WBA1955
09-08-2017, 09:13 AM
I'find'it'sad'that'people'on'here,most'of'whom'don 't'have'to'get'to'a'nice'cushy'office'until'9am,ot hers'don't'have'to'leave'the'house'get'
upset'over'a'binmans'life'and'wages.
You'really'are'a'sad'bitter'bunch.You'seem'to'thin k'the'jobs'you'do'are'worth'the'money'but'everyone 'else'should'do'theirs'for'feck'all.
These'"binmen'cretins"have'families'to'keep'like'everyone'else.If'there' were'gold'plated'pensions'i'would'have'retired'yea rs'ago.My'
pension'money'is'the'money'i'have'been'paying'in'f or'the'last'31'years.
Would'you'enjoy'working'out'in'this'weather'today.
We'all'choose'our'jobs.Some'on'here'never'have'to' leave'home'or'worry'about'money'again.Thats'fine,w ell'done,but'don't'start'making
snide'remarks'about'people'fearful'of'losing'their 'jobs,it'could'be'you'next'time.

WBA1955
09-08-2017, 09:16 AM
Are you stick thin or fat ,just asking.

Why'don't'you'meet'me'and'find'out

Newcy Wolf
09-08-2017, 10:10 AM
I'find'it'sad'that'people'on'here,most'of'whom'don 't'have'to'get'to'a'nice'cushy'office'until'9am,ot hers'don't'have'to'leave'the'house'get'
You'really'are'a'sad'bitter'bunch.You'seem'to'thin k'the'jobs'you'do'are'worth'the'money'but'everyone 'else'should'do'theirs'for'feck'all.
These'"binmen'cretins"have'families'to'keep'like'everyone'else.If'there' were'gold'plated'pensions'i'would'have'retired'yea rs'ago.My'
We'all'choose'our'jobs.Some'on'here'never'have'to' leave'home'or'worry'about'money'again.Thats'fine,w ell'done,but'don't'start'making
snide'remarks'about'people'fearful'of'losing'their 'jobs,it'could'be'you'next'time.

It's called snobbery 55, simple as that.

I have no time at all for people who look down on others who simply haven't been as successful financially, and that, even in today's age, is what it comes down to;I'm a better class than you because I have more money.

And please, spare us the "I used to work in in a petrol station y'know" condescending cr@p.

mickd1961
09-08-2017, 12:36 PM

Des,

My posts yesterday were a complete wind up aimed solely at you because I thought you were the driver of the bin waggon,I was basically just seeing if you'd bite or would realise it was "tongue in cheek".

You took those initial posts without nibbling.....I think you know my humour by now.

Others don't but quite frankly I don't give a f o o k about them.

Bottom line is that the 1% pay cap on public service for 8 years is a disgrace and if I was in your position I'd be howling about it.

For anyone who doesn't know you I can report you look like the late Terry Pratchett and the body of Brad Pitt......or is it the other way around :-)

WBA1955
09-08-2017, 12:38 PM
I'm'not'bothered'about'money'Newcy,it'doesn't'buy' love'or'happiness.To'people'who'have'worked'hard'a nd'done'well'financially'i'have'no
'gripe.
What'i'do'gripe'about'is'people'who'think'people,o ther'than'themselves'of'course,'should'do'their'jo bs'for'feck'all'and'feel'grateful.
Although'part'of'my'job'is'mainly'driving'i'am'cal led'on'for'other'duties,which'can'involve'walking' 10'miles'a'day'and'digging'out.
Not'bad'for'a'62'year'old.
Council'workers'work'weekends'and,Bank'Holidays.We 'have,just'2'days'off'for'Christmas'this'year.
In'my'time'i'have'driven'Gritters'all'through'the' night,emptied'drains,litter'picked'main'roads'and' dual'carriageways,and'lot's'of'other'
stuff'too.
I'am'required'by'law'to'have'a'full'medical'and'a' CPC'module'every'5'years.
Our'attendandce'record'is'very'good.Unlike'office' workers'who'go'sick,'if'it's'too'hot'or'cold.
I'have'no'wish'to'fall'out'with'people'on'here,man y'of'whom'i'like.
But'they'talk'some'proper'shyte'at'times.:zzz:

WBA1955
09-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Des,

My posts yesterday were a complete wind up aimed solely at you because I thought you were the driver of the bin waggon,I was basically just seeing if you'd bite or would realise it was "tongue in cheek".

You took those initial posts without nibbling.....I think you know my humour by now.

Others don't but quite frankly I don't give a f o o k about them.

Bottom line is that the 1% pay cap on public service for 8 years is a disgrace and if I was in your position I'd be howling about it.

For anyone who doesn't know you I can report you look like the late Terry Pratchett and the body of Brad Pitt......or is it the other way around :-)

I'know'you'are'wind'up'Mick,but'others'should'get' their'facts'right'before'spouting'shyte.Thing'is,p eople'notice'if'we'don't'do'our'jobs.;D

mickd1961
09-08-2017, 02:50 PM
I'know'you'are'wind'up'Mick,but'others'should'get' their'facts'right'before'spouting'shyte.Thing'is,p eople'notice'if'we'don't'do'our'jobs.;D

BTW Des,

Stour at home to Matlock on Sunday with a 3pm kick off.

You're welcome to come in as my guest if you want to,I can meet you outside the ground.

Don't park the waggon in my feckin space though!!

WBA1955
09-08-2017, 03:08 PM
I'was'coming'Mick.But'my'lad'in'Aber'works'in'reta il'and'Sunday'is'the'only'day'he'has'off'this'week ,and'the'wife'wants'to'go'and'see'him.
If'we'don't'go''will'come'to'Stour.I'will'let'you' know'in'advance.
We'had'a'walk'around'Stourbridge'Town'on'Monday'mo rning'and'were'surprised'how'nice'it'is.

mickd1961
09-08-2017, 04:01 PM
I'was'coming'Mick.But'my'lad'in'Aber'works'in'reta il'and'Sunday'is'the'only'day'he'has'off'this'week ,and'the'wife'wants'to'go'and'see'him.
If'we'don't'go''will'come'to'Stour.I'will'let'you' know'in'advance.
We'had'a'walk'around'Stourbridge'Town'on'Monday'mo rning'and'were'surprised'how'nice'it'is.

You must have lived in some right places previously Des,it's a s h I t hole compared to 30 years ago!

The day before you visited a lad was stabbed to death in town on a night out...........a bit different to old fisticuffs back on our day!

"You looked at me the wrong way" requires a knife to the heart these days!!

WBA1955
09-08-2017, 04:11 PM
The'Police'were'still'there'outside'Chicago's.
Working'in'Wolverhampton'as'i'do,stabbings'and'sho otings'are'a'daily'occurrence.:s