PDA

View Full Version : So basically...

GrayBlade
08-08-2017, 03:21 PM
The way I read this, Chancer thinks that any life-long Pig fan who can't afford a season ticket or the exorbitant match day prices can go and get fecked...with regrets and hugs of course.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/257666-club-statement/

blades58
08-08-2017, 03:28 PM
The way I read this, Chancer thinks that any life-long Pig fan who can't afford a season ticket or the exorbitant match day prices can go and get fecked...with regrets and hugs of course.

He's justifying robbing their eyes out

£55 for that abortion of a shirt. Even the manufacturers logo looks tat

U-F-O
08-08-2017, 03:53 PM

Had their pants down bigtime and they fell for it. The club is falling apart like a cheap watch.

blades58
08-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Welcome UFO

Happy posting

tomytony
08-08-2017, 04:10 PM
"Given the Championship is the most financially challenging division in the world"

Not like the pigs to overstate anything is it?

If they swallow that attempt at justifying being ripped off they'll swallow anything.

Hogwash, pigswill but fodder to the swine.

shorehamoldboy
08-08-2017, 04:23 PM
ffp starting to bite then down at the swill eh and as for him stating you cant get to the prem without paying huge salaries ermmm udders ? things looking a little unstable at our porky neighbours haha utb ftp

tomytony
08-08-2017, 04:30 PM
ffp starting to bite then down at the swill eh and as for him stating you cant get to the prem without paying huge salaries ermmm udders ? things looking a little unstable at our porky neighbours haha utb ftp

If you pay £10m for a bottler then I suppose it does become 'challenging'.

shorehamoldboy
08-08-2017, 04:43 PM
thing with rhodes is that given good service he will score goals but not enough to justify that amount of money 5m at most be interesting to see who gets more goals him or billy

bulmer1889
08-08-2017, 04:54 PM
And some moan about KK he's done a lot of things wrong in his time but he's always kept prices affordable,I for one wouldn't pay over the odds to see us in the top division I'm happy us doin it tuftys way and if we don't get there at least I can watch my team trying

U-F-O
08-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Welcome UFO

Happy posting

erm Cheers 58. Always happy amongst fellow Blades ;D

GrayBlade
08-08-2017, 05:01 PM
“I know that some supporters say they cannot afford some things and I understand. I would never ask a single supporter to spend even one penny on anything they cannot afford.

“All I ask of everyone who can afford is to help and support as much as possible. I would love to do this by myself and not ask anything of our fans but the FFP limits mean I cannot. I do not want to disturb the regulations so I have no choice, we must support and go together.

“Historically I know that shirts can be bought elsewhere for a cheaper price, but when I see our fans buying from our club I know it is because they wish to support. The same for tickets and every other area. This makes me feel good and makes me want to give everything I possibly can.

rodcurrie
08-08-2017, 05:09 PM
And some moan about KK he's done a lot of things wrong in his time but he's always kept prices affordable,I for one wouldn't pay over the odds to see us in the top division I'm happy us doin it tuftys way and if we don't get there at least I can watch my team trying I thought some wanted a pig free zone on here?:)Why did ya have to mention King Kev Bully? UTCB

shorehamoldboy
08-08-2017, 05:17 PM
agree bulmer kk has made many mistakes over the last 10 years but pricing aint one give me him over tunapig any day pig fans been totally ripped off for last 2 years

tomytony
08-08-2017, 06:00 PM
I thought some wanted a pig free zone on here?:)Why did ya have to mention King Kev Bully? UTCB

As I've said repeatedly, his mistakes, gaffes, clangers, dropped bollox,screw ups,errors, blunders,gaffes, faults and flaws (10 ways of describing it to match the 10 he's made) are FOOTBALL related.

His errors of stewardship have led to him trying to claw back to pay for his own mistakes and, in the vast majority of instances have not been at the fans expense, although the denial of pleasure and progress due to his errors might be construed to be just that but, in a financial sense, with the fans, he's been fair.

The goings on at the sty make him look good...........................ish :)

GrayBlade
08-08-2017, 06:26 PM
As I've said repeatedly, his mistakes, gaffes, clangers, dropped bollox,screw ups,errors, blunders,gaffes, faults and flaws (10 ways of describing it to match the 10 he's made) are FOOTBALL related.

His errors of stewardship have led to him trying to claw back to pay for his own mistakes and, in the vast majority of instances have not been at the fans expense, although the denial of pleasure and progress due to his errors might be construed to be just that but, in a financial sense, with the fans, he's been fair.

The goings on at the sty make him look good...........................ish :)

The goings on at the Sty would make Sam Hashimi look good.

tomytony
08-08-2017, 06:29 PM
The goings on at the Sty would make Sam Hashimi look good.

:)

Bring back the Lavers with Dick Wragg as CEO!

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
08-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Dem Blades would never swallow dat sh!t.

shorehamoldboy
08-08-2017, 06:50 PM
dick wragg never he sold my hero !

bulmer1889
08-08-2017, 07:14 PM

Seconded

tomytony
08-08-2017, 07:27 PM

It was in jest sob.

Couldn't think of another bad egg to name!

rodcurrie
08-08-2017, 08:38 PM
It seems King Kev's Scarbro group have been given the go ahead to build the Olympic Legacy Park.UTCB

tomytony
08-08-2017, 08:43 PM
It seems King Kev's Scarbro group have been given the go ahead to build the Olympic Legacy Park.UTCB

Hopefully he'll leave one worthwhile legacy then. :)

shorehamoldboy
08-08-2017, 08:50 PM
your not his biggest fan are you tt lol

tomytony
08-08-2017, 08:54 PM
your not his biggest fan are you tt lol

When it's put on a plate for you you can't resist a tap in can you sob :)

banno
08-08-2017, 09:40 PM
And some moan about KK he's done a lot of things wrong in his time but he's always kept prices affordable,I for one wouldn't pay over the odds to see us in the top division I'm happy us doin it tuftys way and if we don't get there at least I can watch my team trying

There's some truth in that and to a certain point I agree but if you're hanging around the bottom half of the league for the next few seasons you will change your mind.
You would soon get fed up of having nowt to play for and battling relegation.
It's too expensive at hillsborough at the moment but it's a means to an end and while we are attracting top players and hanging around the top 6 the fans will pay it .

BlockD
08-08-2017, 09:42 PM

One of the 1st songs i can remember being chanted at the Lane...send Dick Wragg to Vietnam

banno
08-08-2017, 09:44 PM

Errrm udders????
Like that happens all the time?
90% of the teams that go up to the prem will have paid out to get there.
It's crap but that's how this league is now.

rodcurrie
09-08-2017, 03:55 AM
Hopefully he'll leave one worthwhile legacy then. :)To be fair(which i know you can't be where King Kev's concerned)Our Academy is part of King Kev's legacy to the BLADES as is the re-development of BDBL,did ya know the Cricket pavillion is no longer part of BDBL ?:) UTCB

Carpe_diem
09-08-2017, 06:47 AM
To be fair(which i know you can't be where King Kev's concerned)Our Academy is part of King Kev's legacy to the BLADES as is the re-development of BDBL,did ya know the Cricket pavillion is no longer part of BDBL ?:) UTCB

Neither of which are owned by the club, as far as I'm aware.

I do have to agree though and say that McCabe's ticket pricing strategy has been not only good for the future of the club, but good for the fans. Well done there and credit where credit's due. He's certainly not in this to make a quick buck.

I'd also argue that his failures have been due to arrogance and incompetence rather than malice or greed, too. He's not an asset-stripping a-hole like the Oystons at Blackpool or a get-rich-quick shyster like Milan Mandaric. He does support and care about the club. He just needs to either get in better advisors or admit that it's not his area of expertise and let someone else run the club.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
09-08-2017, 08:30 AM
#Stum #Pigletism

Chips1889
09-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Neither of which are owned by the club, as far as I'm aware.

I do have to agree though and say that McCabe's ticket pricing strategy has been not only good for the future of the club, but good for the fans. Well done there and credit where credit's due. He's certainly not in this to make a quick buck.

I'd also argue that his failures have been due to arrogance and incompetence rather than malice or greed, too. He's not an asset-stripping a-hole like the Oystons at Blackpool or a get-rich-quick shyster like Milan Mandaric. He does support and care about the club. He just needs to either get in better advisors or admit that it's not his area of expertise and let someone else run the club.

Must have said this many times.......better the devil you know.

Holden_C
09-08-2017, 08:43 AM
This is a Sheffield Wednesday board! Forever - OLDER ~ BIGGER ~ BETTER! XD

Thank you for your continued interest (and obsession) in all things Sheffield Wednesday Football Club!

More spam. The same in fact. Get rid.

tomytony
09-08-2017, 08:46 AM
To be fair(which i know you can't be where King Kev's concerned)Our Academy is part of King Kev's legacy to the BLADES as is the re-development of BDBL,did ya know the Cricket pavillion is no longer part of BDBL ?:) UTCB

See, even when I give him his due, you come back and tell me I can't be fair where he's concerned even though, patently I just have been. Your bias shines through even brighter than your TRUEBLADES fixation :).

As is well documented the Academy has been a big success in developing talent.

It's just a pity he sells them before we have more than a fleeting glimpse of them.

I suppose he 'has to sell' to make up for his disastrous appointments, sanctioning of their profligate transfers and then attempt to claw back his self inflicted losses.

Or we could have kept them and progressed so much faster.

rodcurrie
09-08-2017, 11:05 AM
See, even when I give him his due, you come back and tell me I can't be fair where he's concerned even though, patently I just have been. Your bias shines through even brighter than your TRUEBLADES fixation :).

As is well documented the Academy has been a big success in developing talent.

It's just a pity he sells them before we have more than a fleeting glimpse of them.

I suppose he 'has to sell' to make up for his disastrous appointments, sanctioning of their profligate transfers and then attempt to claw back his self inflicted losses.

Or we could have kept them and progressed so much faster.Surely there's more chance of you seein our academy talent when King Kev's sold em than if we kept em at BDBL TT.:) He has made some poor appointments of that there's no doubt but this last one has been quite successful mi owd pal,don't ya agree? UTCB

Mansfield_Blade
09-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Snake oil salesman strikes again.:D Give us two grand to join our 1867 Club, 1990 really obviously a printing error, we'll put your name on your seat and give you the money back if we get promoted. Cash crisis?

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/257728-owls-launch-club-1867-membership/

It looks like he is trying to gentrify the club, getting rid of the working class, a sort of a “Chelsea of the North” the raising of the prices will not bring in much extra cash. Looking at their turnover of £22M, £13M the owner put in, television rights £5M, Sponsorship etc. £1M. That just leaves £3M the supporter provides, so to increase the turnover from£24M to £25M from the fans he would need to increase everything by 33%, the extra £1M is nothing in the finance of the club it would pay Rhodes wages for 20 weeks. But of course he would never get the £1M because as the price goes up the less people buy and you are left with near enough the same turnover, all you have done is removed the poorest third of the fan base.

Look at the latest scheme, who has a spare £2,000 after forking out for an over priced season ticket? Only the rich, and when they get to the promised land of the Premier League these will be the only people guaranteed entry as it says “Membership guarantees Season Tickets for three successive years when we do secure our promotion” since this is targeted to present season ticket holders it implies that if you are not a member, you are not guaranteed one!

blades58
09-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Somats not reyt with that

In the grand scheme of things with the sky high players wages combined with excessive transfer fees and agents fees, how much does he realistically think he can raise that would make a significant difference? Answer................ not much at all.

Why doesn't he do what most other clubs do which is reduce the bloated squad size. It's ok keep saying he's not for sale and he's not for sale, but somewhere along the line the squad has to be reduced in order to free up space to make new purchases, keep within FFP. There are only a handful of clubs who are in a position to buy, buy and buy again and Wendy aren't one of them

bulmer1889
09-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Go on then I'll ask the question and seriously as well if that was put to us by KK who would buy into it ?

I'll be first to say no way KK go fck yerself

blades58
09-08-2017, 02:49 PM
So it seems that raising:

match day ticket prices
ST prices
applying 3 yr ST membership
raising replica kit prices

just isn't enough.

Time for £2k membership scheme now. Well, someone's got to pay for that tarpaulin with a gay owl on it

I'd be interested to hear McCabe's and the Princes opinion of what's going on down at the sty

tomytony
09-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Surely there's more chance of you seein our academy talent when King Kev's sold em than if we kept em at BDBL TT.:) He has made some poor appointments of that there's no doubt but this last one has been quite successful mi owd pal,don't ya agree? UTCB

But I'm not selfish like that. Keeping them would have been for the greater good of all Blades not just the self appointed TRUE one.

There'd have been more chance of loads more watching the Blades had they not sold out from under successive managers and caused the decline, not just me Rod

As for CW - 1in 10 Rod, not good enough odds for a 'successful' owner or whatever his title these days.

GrayBlade
09-08-2017, 09:21 PM
So let's explore today's money-grab initiative that B58 mentioned. Any Pig daft enough or rich enough to fork out between £1,800 and £2,100 now will get a guaranteed 3 year season ticket when and IF they get promoted. It's the old 'Buy your Premiership season ticket up front' all over again. Surely they wouldn't be soft in the head enough to fall for it again...would they?

Here's the link

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/owls-launch-club-1867-membership/

FatherKnowsBest
10-08-2017, 04:35 AM
In the case of promotion or bust, bust is winning.