PDA

View Full Version : Team for the derby

Mr_Brightside
08-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Murdoch and Keatings could be fit. McDonald and Matty Smith back from Suspension. Fyvie added and even N'koyi is back training. With all of these players available what we thinking for the team for tomorrow? First time in a while McKinnon will a selection headache!

My team would be:

Lewis
Murdoch
Durnan
Edge
Scobbie
Fyvie
Briels
King
McMullen
Fraser
McDonald

Subs:
Memhet
Keatings
Stanton
M.Smith
Allardice
N'koyi
Toshney

It's nice seeing a bench that could change a game.

Arabs4ever
08-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Lewis
Toshney Edge Durnan Scobbie
King Briels Stanton McMullan
McDonald Keatings

Old school 442. How would The Dees cope if they found a central strike partnership facing them? Likewise if we were up against a central strike partnership, how would we cope?

Daly9
08-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Lewis
Toshney Durnan Edje Scobbie
Briels Fyvie
King Stanton McMullan
McDonald

Would be my preferred starting line up.
First derby showed Deacon is their real threat on right hand side. Having McMullan's pace covering instead of Fraser will be a big help. If Fyvie can also do a job on Allan then we'll limit number of opportunities they have.

They're struggling at centre half so get McDonald dragging them about from the start and we have 3 direct runners in McMullan, Stanton and King to exploit the gaps.

tHeArAb
08-08-2017, 04:11 PM
Absolutely no way Stanton can be dropped. I'd go with this:

Lewis
Murdoch Durnan Edje Scobbie
Briels Fyvie
Fraser Stanton McMullan
McDonald

but think it'll be this:

Lewis
Briels Stanton
King Fraser McMullan
McDonald

SmedDUm
08-08-2017, 04:18 PM
There are four or five players who would usually be first-pick not going to get a starting place.
How to shoehorn Fraser in, I don't know.
He may have his critics but he's still our most creative player.

bobafett
08-08-2017, 04:33 PM
There are four or five players who would usually be first-pick not going to get a starting place.
How to shoehorn Fraser in, I don't know.
He may have his critics but he's still our most creative player.

He's probably our most talented player, too. Amazes me the abuse he gets at times. However, I reckon Stanton is better suited to a derby.

For me I reckon we should be starting anyone who hasn't had a full 90 minutes in the last week or so, even Quinn if he signs. I know it's them but it's more important we get as many of the main squad up to speed as soon as possible.

Juicy Fruit
08-08-2017, 04:46 PM
I'd like to see 4-4-2, with the midfield a flat 4 when defending and pushing into a diamond formation when attacking.

Lewis
Toshney, Edge, Durnan, Scobbie
Stanton, Briels, Fyvie, McMullen
Keatings, McDonald

Subs;
Mehmet, Murdoch, Robson, Flood, Fraser, M. Smith, N'Koyi

shedka
08-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Lewis
Toshney Durnan Edge Robson
Briels Flood
King Stanton McMullan
M.Smith

Deniz Scobbie Murdoch Fyvie Fraser McDonald Keatings

Some bench, don't think a few are ready for starts hence my selection, ideally it would be a bit different with Murdoch/Fyvie/Keatings/McDonald definitely starting

Deacon had Scobbie on toast so would try Robson tomorrow

dundeeunitedfc83
08-08-2017, 05:01 PM
Lewis
Murdoch durnan edge scobbie
Briels fyvie stanton
Keatings mcdonald McMullan

Harsh on king but against Dundee would rather play 3 in the middle to watch up with them, would start keatings on the right to cut in shoot and I would also play him for his set pieces! Would like to see us play 4-4-2 for rest of season after Dundee

LawrenceLives
08-08-2017, 05:54 PM
This for me ...

Lewis
Briels fyvie stanton

Harsh on king but against Dundee would rather play 3 in the middle to watch up with them, would start keatings on the right to cut in shoot and I would also play him for his set pieces! Would like to see us play 4-4-2 for rest of season after Dundee

Hope we don't drop Stanton and would love to see Keatings and McDonald on, but wonder if match fitness issues will keep Keatings and Fyvie on the bench.

ianharab
08-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Still think a few could miss out as they are not match fit , don't think team will differ much from last Sunday

SmedDUm
08-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Lewis
Briels fyvie stanton

You make a good point about Keatings' set pieces. I would start him for that alone.

Chick A Saw
08-08-2017, 09:26 PM
For me it would have to be.....

Lewis,
Toshney, Durnan, Edje, Scobbie
Briels, Allardice,
King, Stanton, McMullan
Smith

That way we might have Fyvie, Keatings, Fraser and McDonald all possibly providing a very real change.

Although Fraser is one of our most talented players, in this team we have now, he is also looking even more lightweight. If he can add that edge to his game then he should come good. For now, Stanton is the better player.

Sandeman
08-08-2017, 11:19 PM
I say

Lewis
Toshney Edge Durnan Scobbie
Briels Fyvie
McMullan Fraser Stanton
Keatings

With allardice, king and McDonald all appearing

ClashCityRocker
09-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Think we will need someone else marking Deacon as his pace was a constant menace for Scobbie a few days ago.

TerryTheTerror
09-08-2017, 09:08 AM
It'll never happen but....

Lewis
Toshney Durnan Edge Scobbie
McMullan Briels Fyvie King
Keatings McDonald

shedboy71
09-08-2017, 09:35 AM
I like that team Terry - I think its too risky to play Keatings from start but then what do i know he may be fully over something that wasnt as bad as first feared. Derby or no Derby he is going to be a key player for us over 37 league games and maybe another 20-30 mins tonight is what is best

Mr_Brightside
09-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Just seen that O'Dea is suspended for tonight meaning it looks like 2 young lads will be pairing up. Would like to see us have a go at them with a McDonald and Keatings/M.Smith combo. McDonald to use his experience to move them around and create the space for Smith.

tHeArAb
09-08-2017, 11:34 AM
O'Dea definitely out. Waddell is also doubtful. Could be 2 rookies at CH.

eric_sinclair
09-08-2017, 12:19 PM
odea is suspended,waddell will play so we have a very young back 4,could be an interesting game.
Hope scobbie plays

SmedDUm
09-08-2017, 12:27 PM
O'Dea definitely out. Waddell is also doubtful. Could be 2 rookies at CH.

Jack Hendry (24) 18 games in 3 years with Thistle, Shrewsbury & MK Dons.
Kerr Waddell (19) 7 game career, 6 on loan to Clyde last season & carrying an injury.
Tall order for these lads.
O'Dea, Etxabeg, Gadz & McPake all out.

shedka
09-08-2017, 12:28 PM
Well compared to us missing a good few who would normally start it's no big deal since both Hendry and Waddell start games for you

eric_sinclair
09-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Its no big deal at all,every team gets injuries.Should make for a decent game imo,lets hope its better than the first one.

TerryTheTerror
09-08-2017, 12:31 PM
odea is suspended,waddell will play so we have a very young back 4,could be an interesting game.
Hope scobbie plays

For sure it's an interesting match, could go either way IMHO.

SmedDUm
09-08-2017, 12:54 PM
I can't remember the last time I was so wanting to see what the starting XI is.
Huge knot in my stomach about this game tonight.
Despite having a 70% success rate I phukn hate derbies.

Mr_Brightside
09-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Its no big deal at all,every team gets injuries.Should make for a decent game imo,lets hope its better than the first one.

The Dundee derbies have produced some crackers in previous years. Can't remember the last 0-0. With Toshney and Scobbie at full back for us and a young back 4 for you guys can't see a 0-0 tonight. BTTS on the coupon

stokearab
09-08-2017, 02:16 PM
It'll never happen but....

Lewis
Toshney Durnan Edge Scobbie
McMullan Briels Fyvie King
Keatings McDonald

Not seen most of these players but on paper that looks a great team Terry. I love a 442!

Mr_Brightside
09-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Won't happen tonight but realistically this team:

Lewis
Murdoch Durnan Edge Scobbie
McMullen Briels Fyvie King
Keatings McDonald

That's a team that can win this league. Credit to Ray and Darren for putting this team together, Tonight is the bonus ball, would love to win but won't be gutted if we lose. Really looking forward to seeing that team once they have properly gelled and all players are hitting full cylinder. Just hope nobody overreacts or loses the faith if we lose tonight, LEAGUE IS PRIORITY.

shedboy71
09-08-2017, 03:03 PM

I know i couldnt take another draw ;D both teams still got injuries but both teams got a fast and exciting winger as well so here is hoping - dare i say good luck Eric and enjoy!

Arabdownsouth
09-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Waddell went off injured ( I assume) at halftime on Saturday so could be very doubtful. We have a lot more options up front from the last game and they have plenty of injury concerns. They will be worried no doubt about it, and Ray will keep them guessing as he will us. Nice having so many options for a change FTD

shedka
09-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Revised team since Matty Smith is still out..

Lewis
Briels Flood
King Stanton McMullan
McDonald

Deniz Scobbie Murdoch Allardice Fyvie Fraser Keatings

shedka
09-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Good to see the 4,200 allocation sold out, the funsters will still struggle to get 6-6.5k

Arabdownsouth
09-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Revised team since Matty Smith is still out..

Lewis
Briels Flood
King Stanton McMullan
McDonald

Deniz Scobbie Murdoch Allardice Fyvie Fraser Keatings

Fraser will play in the center of the three I reckon. Stanton alongside Briels, I'd have Scobbie in front of Robson too. He'll be more aware of their winger this time round and also Robson got roasted plenty of times last season so don't really see him as am improvement tbh. All about opinions of course

tHeArAb
09-08-2017, 05:52 PM

TerryTheTerror
09-08-2017, 05:56 PM
I was almost right. :)

Daly9
09-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Lewis
Briels Fyvie
King Stanton McMullan
McDonald

Would be my preferred starting line up.
First derby showed Deacon is their real threat on right hand side. Having McMullan's pace covering instead of Fraser will be a big help. If Fyvie can also do a job on Allan then we'll limit number of opportunities they have.

They're struggling at centre half so get McDonald dragging them about from the start and we have 3 direct runners in McMullan, Stanton and King to exploit the gaps.

Ray agrees :)

shedboy71
09-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Ray agrees :)

lottery number mate? :P

USArab
09-08-2017, 07:23 PM
WTF! A goal down and nae shots on target ! 😡😡😡