PDA

View Full Version : lenighan

shorehamoldboy
08-08-2017, 06:21 PM
sky reporting that weve put another bid in for lenighan last one was 1.25 so would imagine hes gone to 1.5 cant see him going any higher wonder if we might try and put brayford in to the deal wages a big problem though unless we subsidise them to some extent

blades58
08-08-2017, 06:42 PM
sky reporting that weve put another bid in for lenighan last one was 1.25 so would imagine hes gone to 1.5 cant see him going any higher wonder if we might try and put brayford in to the deal wages a big problem though unless we subsidise them to some extent

Reading the articles I'm not sure whether it's a new bid or Sky reporting that Wilder has only confirmed that another bid is on the table and in fact that's the one bid last time (£1.25m) :?

shorehamoldboy
08-08-2017, 06:48 PM
yeah maybe 58 just cant see us going over 1.5 and im sure chris has other targets

blades58
08-08-2017, 07:13 PM
from a p1ss poor twitter account:

Agent Ainsley‏
@AgentAinsley
Follow
More
Sheffield United's bid of £1.75m for Darragh Lenihan has been accepted this afternoon. Contract negotiations to start tomorrow.

AceOfBlades
08-08-2017, 07:19 PM
we chased Dan Burn and Dean Hammond for a long time. hope he's significantly better than those 2!!

blades58
08-08-2017, 07:24 PM
we chased Dan Burn and Dean Hammond for a long time. hope he's significantly better than those 2!!

In Wilder we trust and if true I hope he's worth it, but can't help thinking that money should be going towards a decent striker

BlockD
08-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Never heard of him until Christopher put a bid in for him,he needs to be a quality player to even get on our bench

shorehamoldboy
09-08-2017, 08:09 AM
we have to trust chris on this one if hes prepared to offer as much as he is doing he must rate him really highly interesting thing is blackburn fans say hes more of a defensive midfielder so that might be the area chris is looking at and leonard may have to wait while january

GuancheBlade
09-08-2017, 08:56 AM
If we're spending this amount of money on another centre half then the Leonard deal definitely isn't going to happen. Wilder will push Basham into def mid when required knowing we can pick three from O'Connell, Stearman, Wright and Lenighan which is more than enough quality cover.

Then a young pacey PL striker on loan and we're sorted until January (if we can hang onto Brooks that is).

blades58
09-08-2017, 10:51 AM
If we're spending this amount of money on another centre half then the Leonard deal definitely isn't going to happen. Wilder will push Basham into def mid when required knowing we can pick three from O'Connell, Stearman, Wright and Lenighan which is more than enough quality cover.

Then a young pacey PL striker on loan and we're sorted until January (if we can hang onto Brooks that is).

not so according to reports

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-talk-wednesday-hull-city-and-leeds-united-battle-it-out-over-full-back-blades-seek-double-boost-italians-want-middlesbrough-star-1-8693051

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
09-08-2017, 01:32 PM
not so according to reports

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-talk-wednesday-hull-city-and-leeds-united-battle-it-out-over-full-back-blades-seek-double-boost-italians-want-middlesbrough-star-1-8693051

That just looks like regurgitated old news,to me B58.

blades58
09-08-2017, 02:08 PM
That just looks like regurgitated old news,to me B58.

Hasn't CW said he's still in for both?

I thought he had

I'm more concerned about a decent striker than I am those two targets

shorehamoldboy
09-08-2017, 02:16 PM
agree about another striker 58 but i cant see it being anything else apart from a young loanee possibly from a prem club

FatherKnowsBest
09-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Seems to me that if we bag Leonard too, Wilder has got everyone he set out for.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
09-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Hasn't CW said he's still in for both?

I thought he had

I'm more concerned about a decent striker than I am those two targets

He's just playin mind games with us.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
09-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Let Lenihan look forward to playing Bury,Fleetwood,Wigan for a few seasons.

GuancheBlade
09-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Seems to me that if we bag Leonard too, Wilder has got everyone he set out for.

Do we really think we're going to sign three more (CB, CM, CF) before deadline day? Two out of three at most surely.

If I had to pick two I'd go with Leonard and a Prem loan CF. I think we're covered at the back until at least January.

Blade for Life
09-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Do we really think we're going to sign three more (CB, CM, CF) before deadline day? Two out of three at most surely.

If I had to pick two I'd go with Leonard and a Prem loan CF. I think we're covered at the back until at least January.

I agree with that Leonard is different to what we have and we need some pace up front when we are chasing games. The comments from Blackburn fans are not great on Lenihan but in Wilder we trust.