PDA

View Full Version : Game tonight

Barnsley Chop
08-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Don't kid yourself's this is a very important game for the club, good result, confidence, team spirit

yorkshireborn
08-08-2017, 08:46 PM
very lucky that defence needs sorting out.

bankendbfc
08-08-2017, 08:50 PM
we won a game, were marking that down, 4-3 to the super reds. were shippin 3 a game tho, but am just gonna enjoy an hours happy clapping cos we won. is there any highlights on telly or is that tomorra?

Acido
08-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Its a win, and 4 goals scored (ok 3 conceded as well), and a place in the next round, and maybe some new found confidence going into the Ipswich game.
They won 0-2 at Luton tonight btw, the team who themselves won 8-2 at the weekend.

bankendbfc
08-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Its a win, and 4 goals scored (ok 3 conceded as well), and a place in the next round, and maybe some new found confidence going into the Ipswich game.
They won 0-2 at Luton tonight btw, the team who themselves won 8-2 at the weekend.

always take a win, an am having a blissfull cup of tea mulling over the 4 goals we got in the game, the fact we conceded 3? well at the moment i will use the excuse that its a cup tie, anything can happen in the cup, and we came out winners. Morecombe fans will go home a little dissapointed by the result but they seen there boys score 3 at a championship club and also come from 2 down dint they? if we keep a clean sheet on saturday, and i am up for this one so will be there int ponty, i will sell my shoes and walk home barefoot. gonna take a few more games yet for that defence to click.

POGGYWELL
08-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Lindsay will make us improve in that department I was very impressed with the lad against Huddersfield.
Sorry for saying lad a kind of a 70 years old habit!

Romared
08-08-2017, 09:21 PM
Don't be fooled , a win yes , nothing to get excited about , i would rather a league win , we re deep in the woods just now , things will improve hopefully , and i think they will , i never thought it was going to be easy and predicted us to finish around same as last season ! However on tonight's performance i would be grateful to avoid the bottom 3 or 4 positions , 54 pts minimum required don't forget , big ask just now for this crop of players :?

POGGYWELL
08-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Settle for 55 to be safe?

bankendbfc
08-08-2017, 09:34 PM
true, the games ave seen the whole dynamic seems to ave changed we were quite cavalier in our play last season and got away with it a few times by scoring 3's an 4's. the football was quick wi loads emphasis on chance creation rather than playing in non creational areas, were asking a lot of our strikers to get us 3's and 4's every game this season because were missing the quality we had. 54 points needed, well we got none at the moment and for saturday Hecky best get that defence drilled so we can at least get off the mark.

Acido
08-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Ok lets be Noel Edmonds here.... If we're offered a draw/point for the Ipswich match, is it a deal or no deal ?. :P

POGGYWELL
08-08-2017, 09:40 PM
we won a game, were marking that down, 4-3 to the super reds. were shippin 3 a game tho, but am just gonna enjoy an hours happy clapping cos we won. is there any highlights on telly or is that tomorra?

Click on this link tonight's games just started drooping in.
http://www.skysports.com/efl/championship/video/10980118/wycombe-0-2-fulham

animallittle3
08-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Very flakey on the mental side it looks to me , we get off to a flying start and get ourselves a two goal lead , they pull one back but then we restore our advantage .

Once the game becomes 3-2 then the confidence levels drop and it becomes hard work resulting in conceding an equaliser .

Very edgy and easily rattled at the moment , paper thin mentally .

You get a two goal advantage twice at home to a league 2 side then you should really be keeping it at that or going on to score a couple more given that the game would be quite open .

Lots and lots to work on and hopefully a massive improvement .

On a positive note pleased for Bradshaw , now go and get two more on saturday Tom .

bankendbfc
08-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Click on this link tonight's games just started drooping in.
http://www.skysports.com/efl/championship/video/10980118/wycombe-0-2-fulham

all over it cheers

bankendbfc
08-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Ok lets be Noel Edmonds here.... If we're offered a draw/point for the Ipswich match, is it a deal or no deal ?. :P

deal. get us off the mark, win or draw just no donut

Romared
08-08-2017, 09:48 PM
Wat tha drinking Acido ?

I'm hoping for more than a point Setdi , but would gladly settle for one just now , Noel Edmonds fgs toohat !!

POGGYWELL
08-08-2017, 10:29 PM
all over it cheers

Save that link
Highlights of all our games usually drop in within 90 minutes of the games finishing.

perkytyke
08-08-2017, 11:30 PM
Think he needs to start playing Hedges after that finish tonight! Can someone who went give us the low down on how individuals played tonight?
Was Pinnock & Potts any good or were they useless? Did Hammill play well? What was Pearson like?
Come on I need to know......

DOOALI
09-08-2017, 12:30 AM
don`t want to put a damper on this win but we should not be leaking 3 goals in from a Lg2 side and I fear the worst in the championship.We sold our championship status and have not recruited the right players to keep us there,and it all boils down to our wage structure and this PLAN.Covering old ground I know it worked in Lg1 but not at this level I`m not a defeatist just being realistic so goobye championship hello Lg1 are in my thoughts already.Give these new players time to GEL doesn`t wash with me ther`s too many and if it does happen it`ll be to late and I`m not moaning just saying my honest opinion but I`ll live in DREAMLAND and hope I`m proven wrong

SBRed48
09-08-2017, 07:56 AM
Just for balance----

It's a hap hap happy day,
Toodle, oodle, oodle, oodle oodle ay
For you and me, and us and we,
All the clouds have rolled away

Barnsley rattle in four and get the not winning at ooam monkey (Peter Reid) off their back.

Ready to rock and roll with ooam wins ovva Ipswich and Forest to come

The Play Off push is ready to go. There will be fire and fury as we surge up the table.

Celebrate rather than moan.

Ponte_Steve24
09-08-2017, 08:25 AM
For all the moaning. You'd take that every home game 4-3 end to end stuff. Roll on satdi I've got 4-2 :O

Jules88
09-08-2017, 08:40 AM
190 odd days baht a win at home and I miss it !!

DOOALI
09-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Nice to some fans are still optimistic after 1 lucky win

POGGYWELL
09-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Nice to some fans are still optimistic after 1 lucky win

A bit of luck may it continue and stick with the plan.

animallittle3
09-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Absolutely crying out for an experienced , leader and organiser defensively .

Keep the goals conceded to a minimum and you have half a chance even without massive quality offensively .

Give yourself having to score 3 or 4 just to nick a point or a win then you are staring down the barrel of a Rotherham type campaign .

Hecky needs to go into Melvin mode with his teams philosophy for a while at least .

Dog's of war , forget the Hollywood football chaps we wont get 10 points without massive improvement .

SBRed48
09-08-2017, 08:58 AM
We'll look back next May on last neet Dools and wisely nod to each other saying--

"That wo the neet that wo the turning point."

Be gone you doom mongers. We old sages are sat on our circle of stone chairs round the fire with our clay pipes quietly nodding to each other. We village elders have seen the signs of the dawning of a New Age at Oakwell.

Acido
09-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Id also like to hear more from those who went, what did Pinnock & Pearson look like on their first team debut ?.
Was there more proper width with Hammill on from the start, and is Potts really suited on the wing.
And should we be trying Hedges up front with Bradshaw for a run of games, he might be part of the answer we're looking for up front.

And as long as its not another 93rd minute throw away like against them last season, Id be tempted to take a point right now against Ipswich. It will put us on the board and set us up for hopefully a win against Notts Florist.