PDA

View Full Version : Up Next: Walsall (H)

Footymad
09-08-2017, 05:37 AM
We take a little break from league matters to concentrate on hosting Walsall in the League Cup tonight. - External Link (http://www.footymad.com/sheffield-united/roll/ed14/up_next_walsall_h_910315/index.shtml)

blades58
09-08-2017, 05:47 PM
11 changes toneet

blades58
09-08-2017, 05:49 PM

Ayamonteblade
09-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Interesting line up - and great to see Brayford and Brooks starting.

Blade for Life
09-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Nathan Thomas is a player I know nothing about (apart from the odd YouTube clip). Hopefully he is another Wilder gem.

Blade for Life
09-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Come on Ched

Blade for Life
09-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Ched is up and running 1-1. The first instalment of is debt to the fans has been paid.

Blade for Life
09-08-2017, 08:29 PM
This squad of players are amazing. Ched has added some real quality tonight.

blades58
09-08-2017, 09:11 PM
highlights

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10981521/sheffield-utd-3-2-walsall

BlockD
09-08-2017, 09:58 PM
The referee and his inept linesmen were under the impression we had come to see them perform,if i was Christopher i would mark all the officials 0(zero)

I thought Duffy was MoM,LST,describes his part in the 2nd goal perfectly,dropped his shoulder took out 2 Walsall players,exquisite from the Duffman

rodcurrie
10-08-2017, 05:03 AM
Struggled for the majority of the game with a reserve team out. No complaints about CW's team selection. Boro game on Saturday more important. Not helped by useless officials Otzumer was a yard offside before he laid on the first goal for Walsall. Thomas is not a wing back and Duffy was played too deep with Brooks out wide right. Build up play slow Lundstram very slow in possession.

Hanson signalled he was injured again! after 50 mins. Evans came on and Basham 10 minutes later and we suddenly had more movement about us. Evans pulled a goal back it took a deflection and the powers that be have determined it was an own goal. Something that Evans will have to get used to. The establishment will give him nothing but we as Blades know that was his goal.

Second goal best move of the night Duffy drops his shoulder goes past two players and puts a good ball into Evans whose assist lays the ball into the path of Thomas who took the goal well. Official EFL stats will show that Evans was not involved in the build up to the goal and it was a Walsall player who deflected it into the path of Thomas. We know different 1 goal and 1 assist means Evans gets the man of the match award from fans on twitter.

Good free kick from Duffy leads to Lafferty getting the third before the ref. decides to give Walsall a penalty from a debatable hand ball.

What did we learn well Jake Wright and Duffy could start in the first 11 on Saturday if needed. Lavery worked hard but is still a bench player. Lundstram needs to build up his sharpness and Brooks didn't do enough to convince the army of scouts watching that he's not worth bids in the millions of ££.Eastwood looked good again,especially when comin for crosses,i don't think anyone did their chances of startin at Boro any good whatsoever.I thought it was a poor performance,a poor match and a poor turnout from the BLADES fans(5210) Evans changed the game when he came on,but it was an own goal in my view,the keeper parried the shot on to the defender and in it went.I thought Otzumer was offside but it looked close to me.I wasn't impressed by Lundstram too slow in movin the ball as was most of the side to be fair,Brooksy was busy and some of what he was tryin to do didn't come off but as i've said before that's what ya get wi Brooksy, he does try and make things happen in the final third and i thought he was the busiest of our midfield, one positive we finally BEAT Walsall.UTCB

rodcurrie
10-08-2017, 06:09 AM
Eastwood looked good again,especially when comin for crosses,i don't think anyone did their chances of startin at Boro any good whatsoever.I thought it was a poor performance,a poor match and a poor turnout from the BLADES fans(5210) Evans changed the game when he came on,but it was an own goal in my view,the keeper parried the shot on to the defender and in it went.I thought Otzumer was offside but it looked close to me.I wasn't impressed by Lundstram too slow in movin the ball as was most of the side to be fair,Brooksy was busy and some of what he was tryin to do didn't come off but as i've said before that's what ya get wi Brooksy, he does try and make things happen in the final third and i thought he was the busiest of our midfield, one positive we finally BEAT Walsall.UTCBWhen i say nobody did their chances of startin at Boro any good,i meant those that started last night,Evans was more effective than either Lavery or Hanson,big James looked unfit and looked way off the pace,at least Lavery puts himself abart but i thought his first touch was very poor.I thought Duffy had a poor first hour but ya know when he's on't pitch sooner or later he'll create summat,our 2nd goal was the best move of the game.Another home tie will do for me in't next round.UTCB