PDA

View Full Version : Same old story.

kingstonbob
09-08-2017, 10:35 AM
"Its very hard. The prices are crazy. We missed some targets at the beginning and I think we are paying for that"

Is anyone surprised by this quote from Rafa? AGAIN the ****wits running the club choose to concentrate on something other than improving the squad! They chased a sale or huge investment in the club, and guess what, they ****ed that up as well. Now it looks like we are left scratting around looking for loan signings,as we've got an injury prone striker and Mitro (enough said). Early on we read there was interest in the likes of Hanley who hasn't got a future here, but because they were more bothered about China there was no concerted effort to shift him/others. Lets not forget we had well over Ģ20 million left from sales, last summer, and we spent nowt in January.

Aye Rafa wanted a big squad to get us back up (and he kept his side of the bargain), but it was Charnley et al who negotiated contracts. Ashley's statement about the funds available was well worded 'funds generated' is being questioned (are,we surprised) as they didnt try to get rid of the dead wood.

Unfortunately it looks like the ride is going to be even more of a rollercoaster than it should have been. Lets hope we can get 2-3 more players in and 3-4 out before the end of August. We'll have to continue with the motto that Ashley brought with him when he bought the club. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

ghostrider
09-08-2017, 10:49 AM
Damned if we do and damned if we don't.
It's fine to say " well that's what the prices are for players now, so we have to deal with it."
That's fine but it adds fuel to the fire if that player doesn't hit the ground running.

We can't just go nuts in terms of just stumping up any old cash so soon after promotion back to the prem, because it's liable to come back and bite us extremely hard on the arse.

I prefer it like it is with maybe one or two add on's if we can, for sensible fees, whether right now or in January, depending on releasing a likewise amount of players.

Kal
09-08-2017, 11:11 AM
"Its very hard. The prices are crazy. We missed some targets at the beginning and I think we are paying for that"

Is anyone surprised by this quote from Rafa? AGAIN the ****wits running the club choose to concentrate on something other than improving the squad! They chased a sale or huge investment in the club, and guess what, they ****ed that up as well. Now it looks like we are left scratting around looking for loan signings,as we've got an injury prone striker and Mitro (enough said). Early on we read there was interest in the likes of Hanley who hasn't got a future here, but because they were more bothered about China there was no concerted effort to shift him/others. Lets not forget we had well over Ģ20 million left from sales, last summer, and we spent nowt in January.

Aye Rafa wanted a big squad to get us back up (and he kept his side of the bargain), but it was Charnley et al who negotiated contracts. Ashley's statement about the funds available was well worded 'funds generated' is being questioned (are,we surprised) as they didnt try to get rid of the dead wood.

Unfortunately it looks like the ride is going to be even more of a rollercoaster than it should have been. Lets hope we can get 2-3 more players in and 3-4 out before the end of August. We'll have to continue with the motto that Ashley brought with him when he bought the club. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

I refuse to believe you fell for the 'China sale'

*unless they were talking about Charnley's old work tools*

HughieG
09-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Damned if we do and damned if we don't.
It's fine to say " well that's what the prices are for players now, so we have to deal with it."
That's fine but it adds fuel to the fire if that player doesn't hit the ground running.

We can't just go nuts in terms of just stumping up any old cash so soon after promotion back to the prem, because it's liable to come back and bite us extremely hard on the arse.

I prefer it like it is with maybe one or two add on's if we can, for sensible fees, whether right now or in January, depending on releasing a likewise amount of players.

Well it seems that Rafa doesn't prefer it this way, and that concerns me!

kingstonbob
09-08-2017, 11:51 AM
I refuse to believe you fell for the 'China sale'

*unless they were talking about Charnley's old work tools*

Obviously it was a smoke screen for Ashley talking shyte again.

sherwoodmag
09-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Rafa admits he is not happy with the transfers this summer but says he is determined to carry on.When he was interviewed on Sky Sports News the background was showing the River Thames,if this was a real window not a mock up it means Rafa is in London,talking to a player perhaps?

sherwoodmag
09-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Rafa admits he is not happy with the transfers this summer but says he is determined to carry on.When he was interviewed on Sky Sports News the background was showing the River Thames,if this was a real window not a mock up it means Rafa is in London,talking to a player perhaps? Or he is meeting Ashley?

kingstonbob
09-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Thing is we have had plenty of time to sort this out. Rafa will have tod them the players he didn't want/ who he did and those he wanted to buy, but as usual those supposedly running the club aren't on the same page. Pathetic.

TheOtherTerryMac
09-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Rafa admits he is not happy with the transfers this summer but says he is determined to carry on.When he was interviewed on Sky Sports News the background was showing the River Thames,if this was a real window not a mock up it means Rafa is in London,talking to a player perhaps?

He was shown on FB getting off the train at Kings Cross the other day

toonlegend
09-08-2017, 01:25 PM
he has been attending the annual meeting of premier ship managers in London

HughieG
09-08-2017, 01:31 PM
he has been attending the annual meeting of premier ship managers in London

Here he is before the meeting

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article10951440.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Premier-League-managers-meeting-in-London.jpg

Jammy89
09-08-2017, 03:46 PM
He's supposed to have had a chat with Wenger at same time about Perez.

andyj73
09-08-2017, 05:35 PM
.. Perez turned you down ..

He's supposed to have had a chat with Wenger at same time about Perez.

Jammy89
09-08-2017, 05:54 PM
.. Perez turned you down ..

Where is that from?

I've seen that at the minute we aren't prepared to meet their valuation but nothing saying he's turned us down.

toptoon
09-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Where is that from?

I've seen that at the minute we aren't prepared to meet their valuation but nothing saying he's turned us down.

Jammy, didnīt your mam ever teach you? Never listen to a word a Mackem says - itīs all bullsh*t.

Jammy89
09-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Jammy, didnīt your mam ever teach you? Never listen to a word a Mackem says - itīs all bullsh*t.

I'm trying to give him benefit of doubt.

But aye, could be said there is a smell.