PDA

View Full Version : Brad Smith Leaves Utd

shedboy71
09-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Ray certainly making his mark

Chick A Saw
09-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Ray certainly making his mark

I thought that Brad was not too far from a breakthrough into the first team. Was really impressed when i saw him away to Dunfremline in the Fizzy Pop last season. Must be another one on elevated wages and i really hope that some movement in the other direction is about to happen!

shedboy71
09-08-2017, 10:49 AM
new signing to be announced later (not sure if that means tomorrow or not)

SmedDUm
09-08-2017, 10:50 AM
I thought that Brad was not too far from a breakthrough into the first team. Was really impressed when i saw him away to Dunfremline in the Fizzy Pop last season. Must be another one on elevated wages and i really hope that some movement in the other direction is about to happen!

Elevated wages?? £500/wk basic?? Hope he's got a club. Any other issues, it is a strange one.

Arabdownsouth
09-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Does sound like freeing up wages to me. Quinn I would imagine is a certainty. Rumours of two signings this week so possibly another striker too, hopefully one that's gonna surprise us all and be the icing on the cake?

TerryTheTerror
09-08-2017, 11:01 AM
I always rated Brad and I wish him the best of luck in his career.

Mr_Brightside
09-08-2017, 01:12 PM
I always rated Brad and I wish him the best of luck in his career.

Rated brad myself, maybe he has asked to get away? With Briels, Flood, Allardyce, Stanton and now fyvie all ahead of him in he wouldn't get much game time as he maybe wanted. Arabest to the boy

shedboy71
09-08-2017, 01:40 PM
my worry is that this is short term thinking but i am being picky. Stanton on loan, fyvie 1 year deal, floods last year and briels on 1 year so opportunities would have come. Mind you the short term thinking is quite an important short term tbf!!

deebuster
09-08-2017, 01:52 PM
I get what you'r saying but this is sh1it or bust season. Brad is somebody we could have nurtured but we need all hands to the pumps for this season only!

Here we go!

shedboy71
09-08-2017, 02:29 PM
I get what you'r saying but this is sh1it or bust season. Brad is somebody we could have nurtured but we need all hands to the pumps for this season only!

Here we go!

agree

SmedDUm
09-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Is the Development XI going to have any players?
Bo will be playing.

bobafett
09-08-2017, 03:14 PM
my worry is that this is short term thinking but i am being picky. Stanton on loan, fyvie 1 year deal, floods last year and briels on 1 year so opportunities would have come. Mind you the short term thinking is quite an important short term tbf!!
Yeah. Surely the laddie could have gone out on loan. Always disappoints me when a promising youngster leaves like this. I don't think we do enough to encourage young players through anymore. Granted that's not the top priority this season but it still feels a little short-sighted to me.

JUSTaway
09-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Is the Development XI going to have any players?
Bo will be playing.

think he's still suspended!

TerryTheTerror
15-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Rated brad myself, maybe he has asked to get away? With Briels, Flood, Allardyce, Stanton and now fyvie all ahead of him in he wouldn't get much game time as he maybe wanted. Arabest to the boy

Seeing as he's signed for Cowdenbeath we could well see Brad in action tonight....

bobafett
15-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Funny thing is, if he was still at Utd I'd have played him tonight. Couldn't give a monkey's about this competition and I don't see the point of risking injuries to key players. I'd expect a lot of changes to the team.

TerryTheTerror
15-08-2017, 01:30 PM
I think you are right, I expect to see Mehmet, Quinn, Flood, Toshney, Allardice all starting tonight. Along with some of the young lads perhaps.

shedka
15-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Looking forward to it, see a mixed team, zero pressure

SmedDUm
15-08-2017, 02:01 PM
I think you are right, I expect to see Mehmet, Quinn, Flood, Toshney, Allardice all starting tonight. Along with some of the young lads perhaps.

It was posted on Tek that Ray McKinnon on Arabzone said that Quinn, Keatings, Flood, N'koyi, Chalmers & a couple of young fullbacks(?) will start. Nothing said about a goalie but I assume Mehmet will get a game. Unless young Harry Lewis has requested game time to get him more used to Tannadice.