PDA

View Full Version : Don't panic Mr Mainwaring...

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Gray gone.

Lack of investment.

Relegation a formality.

Don't panic SD will sort it!

In Dyche We Trust
09-08-2017, 11:13 AM
Don't panic?????- what else is there to do?!?!?!?!!?- okay, so different show but just as good........

ClaretinBudapest
09-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Unbelievable.Now we need 2 pacy wingers and a PL standard striker and the season starts in 3 days.Goodbye Premier League come next May.

sinkov
09-08-2017, 11:57 AM
I've put these stats up before, but maybe I should put them up again.

We played 43 games last season,

Gray started in 28 of them, we won 6 of them (21%) and lost 15 (54%).
Gray didn't start in 15, we won 7 of them (47%) and lost 6 (40%).

No need to search for the panic button, we managed perfectly well without him last season.

1959_60
09-08-2017, 12:04 PM
I think he was frustrated at the way he was being deployed. He is very quick but we just lumped long balls up to him - which is certainly not his strength.

I can see him being very successful at Watford.

Deadlydave
09-08-2017, 12:10 PM
If he therefore goes; who in to replace him. Have we a signing lined up knowing he would leave or what??? We seem to have hell of a lot of money!!!!!!!!!! Spent what 20 million received over 40 million.

sinkov
09-08-2017, 01:11 PM
I think he was frustrated at the way he was being deployed. He is very quick but we just lumped long balls up to him - which is certainly not his strength.

I can see him being very successful at Watford.

I didn't really notice any difference in the way we played last year to our promotion season, imo he simply didn't make the step up required to the higher level. I think he might find it just as difficult to score at Watford, but we'll see, I have no worries or complaints about us selling a striker who couldn't even get into double figures last season.

Good luck to the lad, if he starts banging them in for Watford I'll be the first to hold my hand up. Wouldn't be the first time I'd been wrong either, would it.;D

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 01:13 PM
No! :P

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 01:20 PM
If he therefore goes; who in to replace him. Have we a signing lined up knowing he would leave or what??? We seem to have hell of a lot of money!!!!!!!!!! Spent what 20 million received over 40 million.

Just got back from a visit to the Burnley Boardroom. By heck it's impressive...

Deadlydave
09-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Yeah BT; they will be sitting on chairs made of gold in that boardroom before long.

sinkov
09-08-2017, 03:17 PM
No! :P

Bloody typical, and that's it, you can source your own crumpets now.

thedonz
09-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Sorry to upset you further CiB , we also need a central defender signed in the next 2-3 weeks.

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Sorry to upset you further CiB , we also need a central defender signed in the next 2-3 weeks.

We have Mr Anderson...

sinkov
09-08-2017, 07:30 PM
You keep pushing him BT, they used to laugh when you said JC was the next Prime Minister, didn't they. They're not laughing now.B)

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 07:45 PM
You keep pushing him BT, they used to laugh when you said JC was the next Prime Minister, didn't they. They're not laughing now.B)

Glad you have finally bought in sinkov! :D

outwoodclaret
09-08-2017, 08:12 PM
Keane sold. Gray sold. Didn't we all think that was on the cards. Good money received for both and it would be beneficial if we could add to some excellent signings. It hasn't all been one way traffic!

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Keane sold. Gray sold. Didn't we all think that was on the cards. Good money received for both and it would be beneficial if we could add to some excellent signings. It hasn't all been one way traffic!

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/sean-dyche-and-the-burnley-way/9015609/

sinkov
09-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Glad you have finally bought in sinkov! :D

Don't know about finally BT, I was voting Labour when you were in short pants, never heard more sense spoken than by the late Tony Benn, best MP I ever knew Gwyneth Dunwoody, Frank Field rivals the marvelous Moggy as the best of the current bunch, most useless PM ever, the hapless Theresa, biggest tit ever in the House, George Osborne. And don't forget, although he likes to keep it quiet, JC voted to Leave, he can see through the EU scam as clearly as I can.

When I say I'll point out any lefty drivel you post, I'll also point out anything I think is right-wing drivel as well. And I was joking before, you can still come round for tea and crumpets.:heart:

1959_60
10-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Well, two days to kick off and we have sold the only two players we had with real pace.

I can only assume that we will be playing a version of Walking Football.

That won't cut it in this league.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Well, two days to kick off and we have sold the only two players we had with real pace.

I can only assume that we will be playing a version of Walking Football.

That won't cut it in this league.

You obviously have not seen Taylor yet? Pace is overrated unless they have the skill to play along with it.

1959_60
10-08-2017, 08:50 AM
I can't see Taylor starting yet.
And pace is ***** at the back and up front in this league.
Skill should be a given in the Premier League.

In Dyche We Trust
10-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Walking football indeed- the Darby and Joan Club is alive and well in Burnley...

army88
10-08-2017, 12:40 PM
I can't see Taylor starting yet.
And pace is ***** at the back and up front in this league.
Skill should be a given in the Premier League.

At this level of football there is no substitute for pace , it's just a given that you need it and if you don't have it things just got a whole lot harder.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 12:58 PM
At this level of football there is no substitute for pace , it's just a given that you need it and if you don't have it things just got a whole lot harder.

Hate to disagree guys but at this level if you are slow you are dead. We have just about the fittest, fastest group in the EPL and we can absolutely play 100% for 90 minutes and beyond.

Walcott and Sterling and their ilk are meat and drink for the likes of Lowton, Ward and Mee. Let's be bullish for a change eh?