PDA

View Full Version : Paul McShane

animallittle3
09-08-2017, 11:17 AM
The type of signing that would give us some much needed experience and leadership .

31 years old and a couple of good years still left in him .

Two years wages on top money is a small price to pay for the benefits he could bring .

Thoughts guys .

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
09-08-2017, 11:43 AM
I always hated hi de hi

Hodger1957
09-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Isn't Ryan Shotton available on a free?
I know Birmingham don't want him.
A few years younger and experienced.

Ponte_Steve24
09-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Good shout Hodger

Romared
09-08-2017, 01:18 PM
I liked both players when they were here !

POGGYWELL
09-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Stick with the plan.

lk311
09-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Thought same about Alex Bruce

Exiletyke
09-08-2017, 04:55 PM
The type of signing that would give us some much needed experience and leadership .

31 years old and a couple of good years still left in him .

Two years wages on top money is a small price to pay for the benefits he could bring .

Thoughts guys .

Is he available?
Just the right type never mind about his age

POGGYWELL
09-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Is he available?

He's with Reading and he's 31.

pass_and_move
09-08-2017, 07:35 PM
It'd be nice but it won't happen. He is very much in the mix at reading. If we were to sign a player on big wages and a substantial transfer fee then surely it'd be sumbdy younger than 31.

animallittle3
09-08-2017, 09:37 PM
It'd be nice but it won't happen. He is very much in the mix at reading. If we were to sign a player on big wages and a substantial transfer fee then surely it'd be sumbdy younger than 31.

Lets look at this another way with regard to value p&m .

Everything at the moment within the plan is focused on individual valuation , buy cheap , pay cheap and sell high , fair enough .

To ensure we gain the highest value we can then we need to ensure these young players are getting the correct environment to allow that to happen .

A defensive unit of young inexperienced lads would surely benefit at a greater speed of knots with someone such as McShane leading and nurturing them .

Someone such as McShane may not hold much individual value but he adds value all around him and that enables the plan to work more effectively , in my opinion of course .

animallittle3
09-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Is he available?

He's at that age exile where he will be looking for another contract to more or less finish his career on , a bit of security if you like .

He's never struck me as the kind of player who would simply t oss it off on decent money , very good pro with a ruthless streak in him .

Worth an enquiry if nothing else .

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 05:20 AM
Kevin Long?

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 06:05 AM
He's at that age exile where he will be looking for another contract to more or less finish his career on , a bit of security if you like .

He's never struck me as the kind of player who would simply t oss it off on decent money , very good pro with a ruthless streak in him .

Didn't he to ss it off on good money at Hull ?

He's their club captain anyway and would earn more in his last year there than he would in 3 yrs here

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 06:09 AM
Kevin Long?

Now there is a bloke who's quite content to sit on his ar se for his career

pass_and_move
10-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Lets look at this another way with regard to value p&m .

Everything at the moment within the plan is focused on individual valuation , buy cheap , pay cheap and sell high , fair enough .

To ensure we gain the highest value we can then we need to ensure these young players are getting the correct environment to allow that to happen .

A defensive unit of young inexperienced lads would surely benefit at a greater speed of knots with someone such as McShane leading and nurturing them .

Someone such as McShane may not hold much individual value but he adds value all around him and that enables the plan to work more effectively , in my opinion of course .

I totally agree mate. A good solid professional like Mcshane would do wonders for our young defence and I think there's a great deal of value in the cash it would cost the club. Surely we would benefit. Let's face it, he's no freeloader is Mcshane.

I still think that defence is nowhere near championship standard. I'm certain Hecky knows that but the question is will the suits upstairs listen? My previous comment wasn't really my opinion, more a view from the club's perspective. I just can't see em signing a laiker wi no resale value despite it making sense. They'll not be going darn that road unfortunately.

Romared
10-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Kevin Long?

Just signed a 3 year contract at Burnsley