PDA

View Full Version : Keeper

bogsdollox
09-08-2017, 12:44 PM
I have seen both Price and O'Donnell play plenty of games now and the latte better than Price but I think he is a poor keeper. Just reacts like Pollitt used to - doesn't command his area ,gets beaten at he near post too often and is super glued to his goal line. Forget RB &CB lets get a decent keeper signed .Or give Bilboe Baggins a go - anybody seen him play?

Silly-miller
09-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Or give Bilboe Baggins a go - anybody seen him play?

I hear he's going on an unexpected journey

bogsdollox
09-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Yes and a long one at that - most boring film ever for me - he reminds me of a cross between Liam Gallagher and an Elf !

pip_y
09-08-2017, 01:37 PM
And I was going to suggest bringing MP out of retirement but he doesn't meet your standards.

Silly-miller
09-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Yes and a long one at that - most boring film ever for me - he reminds me of a cross between Liam Gallagher and an Elf !

It was pretty boring

millertop
09-08-2017, 02:23 PM
O'Donnell stepped up towards end of last season and did make a few good saves last night, he just needs to know when to come for the ball.

We would have lost if Bilboe was in net imo

bogsdollox
09-08-2017, 02:36 PM
And I was going to suggest bringing MP out of retirement but he doesn't meet your standards.

Correct - never rated his ability to command his area and at 6'6" he could only jump 5' 10" - he was a good stopper but IMO not as good an all-rounder as Camp ,Clark ,Mountford , Ironside, Morrit, McDonagh ,Mercer or Mimms.:)

mikemiller
09-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Correct - never rated his ability to command his area and at 6'6" he could only jump 5' 10" - he was a good stopper but IMO not as good an all-rounder as Camp ,Clark ,Mountford , Ironside, Morrit, McDonagh ,Mercer or Mimms.:)

... or Martinez...
so somebody has got to programme the club's Sinclair ZX computer to search under "M" for a good new keeper to sign

Grist_To_The_Mill
09-08-2017, 05:06 PM
I think we need to sign a good defensive coach

gwru
09-08-2017, 05:22 PM
I think we need to sign a good defensive coach

Defence needs some guidance. We leave opposition strikers with free headers especially. What's point in signing another CB. If Belaid goes still got Do Ball & Wood who can't even get on the bench. Quality league 1 midfielder wanted. Already been mentioned on here. Luke Hyam, rated him when we had him on loan. Keeper if we can get shut of Price get a new no. 1 keeper in.

millertop
09-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Wood is here for cover now and I think he might be helping out behind scene

jocksgloves
09-08-2017, 07:03 PM
McAllister.

mikemiller
10-08-2017, 06:25 PM
McAllister.

Sounds like the computer is working ok - now just need to reset the date forward by about 40 years and it will focus in on our potential new signing, which none of our rival clubs will have been able to detect