PDA

View Full Version : So the Caribou was the League Cup??

tarquinbeech
09-08-2017, 01:04 PM
TBH, I was a bit confused last night....I couldn't understand why Notts were going all out to win a Cup nobody cared about?

It was only AFTER the game I read that the Caribou was a new name for the League Cup....Jeez how I hanker for the days when everything had simpler easy names...................that didn't change every year.

I remember popping into the Airport Shop in Heathrow for a packet of Opal Fruits, a Marathon bar and some Coco Pops for my flight to British Honduras....the staff looked at me a bit strangely on hearing my request and shouted over the tannoy ......

"a packet of Starburst, a Snickers and some Choco Krispies....for the old codger going to Belize"....

I whispered to her "please don't put this over the tannoy, but have you got any Oil of Ulay for an embarrassing, nasty rash have you?"

She said "Olay?".....I said Olay to you too......and raced for my Laker Airways flight.

Elite_Pie
09-08-2017, 01:10 PM
I remember popping into the Airport Shop in Heathrow for a packet of Opal Fruits, a Marathon bar and some Coco Pops for my flight to British Honduras....the staff looked at me a bit strangely on hearing my request and shouted over the tannoy ......

"a packet of Starburst, a Snickers and some Choco Krispies....for the old codger going to Belize".....

They've even changed the name of a North American reindeer to a Carabao as well.

tarquinbeech
09-08-2017, 01:11 PM
They've even changed the name of a North American reindeer to a Carabao as well.

Rein yourself in, Dear

Old_pie
09-08-2017, 01:25 PM
TBH, I was a bit confused last night....I couldn't understand why Notts were going all out to win a Cup nobody cared about?

It was only AFTER the game I read that the Caribou was a new name for the League Cup....Jeez how I hanker for the days when everything had simpler easy names...................that didn't change every year.

Yes I just got chastised for that error on another thread today. Bloody EFL Trophy, EFL Cup, Checkatrade, Reindeer. Glad I wasn't the only one. Still that's one we can cross of the list till next season. Was it one we wanted to win then?

DelroyFacey22
09-08-2017, 01:26 PM
They've been changing it every now and again for ages, they didn't have a sponsor last season though so it was just called "The EFL Cup"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_Cup#Sponsorship

tarquinbeech
09-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Yes I just got chastised for that error on another thread today. Bloody EFL Trophy, EFL Cup, Checkatrade, Reindeer. Glad I wasn't the only one. Still that's one we can cross of the list till next season. Was it one we wanted to win then?

The whole thing confuses me....next they'll be introducing a new, newer off-side rule, letting us stand up again at footie grounds, introducing goal-line technology............................... and female refs!!

Where will it end?

Old_pie
09-08-2017, 01:43 PM
the whole thing confuses me....next they'll be introducing a new, newer off-side rule, letting us stand up again at footie grounds, introducing goal-line technology............................... And female refs!!

Where will it end?

abba

JoePass
09-08-2017, 01:46 PM
abba

But the winner takes it all.

tarquinbeech
09-08-2017, 01:51 PM
abba

I watched them at the Palindrome

upthemaggies
09-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Very poor gate last night, I make it the first time we've played in front of less than 2,000 in the League Cup since they did away with the 2 leg system for early rounds in 2000.

DelroyFacey22
09-08-2017, 03:17 PM
Very poor gate last night, I make it the first time we've played in front of less than 2,000 in the League Cup since they did away with the 2 leg system for early rounds in 2000.

Didn't we have less than 2000 against Bournemouth when Tom Ince put that defender on his arse and scored? Could have been in the Johnstone Paint though...

I think it doesn't help that we seem to play S****horpe in a cup competition every season and being on the back of our defeat to Coventry.

DomdomPie
09-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Didn't we have less than 2000 against Bournemouth when Tom Ince put that defender on his arse and scored? Could have been in the Johnstone Paint though...

I think it doesn't help that we seem to play S****horpe in a cup competition every season and being on the back of our defeat to Coventry.

Plus everyone got confused and didn't know what cup it was by the sounds of it...

i961pie
09-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Plus everyone got confused and didn't know what cup it was by the sounds of it...

I wouldn't have thought watching S****horpe play Notts County on a very wet Tuesday night was most peoples idea of an entertaining evening>:(

DomdomPie
09-08-2017, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't have thought watching S****horpe play Notts County on a very wet Tuesday night was most peoples idea of an entertaining evening>:(

That too!

countygump
10-08-2017, 08:33 AM

Wil de beest who was responsible, report to the office, immediately.

Elite_Pie
10-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Wil de beest who was responsible, report to the office, immediately.

I just gnu someone would use that pun.