09-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Told the club he wants to leave before the transfer window shuts

POGGYWELL
09-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Told the club he wants to leave before the transfer window shuts

Tell him to put in a transfer request.

Ponte_Steve24
09-08-2017, 02:02 PM
He rots in the reserves until we get a suitable bid then. Mccarthy and Pearson on either side until Fryers is fit. Hate it when players make it public knowledge to force a move. Shows total disregard for the fans and lack of respect for the club. He's trying to force the clubs hand.

GUNTERYY36
09-08-2017, 02:29 PM
He rots in the reserves until we get a suitable bid then. Mccarthy and Pearson on either side until Fryers is fit. Hate it when players make it public knowledge to force a move. Shows total disregard for the fans and lack of respect for the club. He's trying to force the clubs hand.

Agreed.

Jules88
09-08-2017, 02:31 PM
Let him rot. Pearson may be worth what he is in 6 months

EastStandRed
09-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Unless the clubs valuation is met then let him play for the U23s. He didn't cost anything much so we're not losing out.

Acido
09-08-2017, 02:58 PM
Yes bollards to him and any players like that who have a disrespectful & greedy attitude.
Hecky shouldn't play him anymore and he should be made to wait on the subs bench until we get a valuation that suits us. Im guessing we will be interested if anybody raises their offer to £2.5 mill, or £2 mill with the option of an extra player deal.

Romared
09-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Unless the clubs valuation is met then let him play for the U23s. He didn't cost anything much so we're not losing out.

Why spoil u23s teeum fo likes ov him , gerrim painting pis oyles behind West Stand

yorkshireborn
09-08-2017, 05:35 PM
let him train with the kids lets see how good a footballer he is in June

no one will want him then.

POGGYWELL
09-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Andy Yiadom selling himself for a move with Sky TV last night.
Can't see permission being given to him by the club !!!

asbin
09-08-2017, 05:59 PM
According to radio Sheffield, Yiadom arranged the interview with Sky via his agent without the Clubs permission.
If this is correct he should have a disciplinary hearing and be subject to punishment if found he has breached the Clubs rules.

Jules88
09-08-2017, 06:35 PM
If that's true we should Definatelty keep him rot in the reserves..... have we not got any pride, we let players treat us like this? Sounds like breach of contract? Surely he should have cleared all interviews with the club? Big fine. Sorry Andy, there's a right way to do things.
Clearly he want out. Winnalls way.
Billy big Ballx now he get a fluttering eyelash from a few clubs. Short career or not... there's a right way

DOOALI
09-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Get rid QUICK it just shows how BFC transformed from a nobody into a championship player and this is how he repays us back

pass_and_move
09-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Get rid QUICK it just shows how BFC transformed from a nobody into a championship player and this is how he repays us back

We gave him a chance at this level fair enough but he's played himself into a move cos he was arguably one of our best players last season. I agree let's get rid quick and get the wonga and move on. Its no good cutting our nose off to spite our face by chucking him int reserves. Players hold all the aces these days, wtf can tha do?

Romared
09-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Was he that good ? I thought he and the Egyptian lad from Wigan were nowt special , decent that's all , no time for the likes of them , rather bring our own lads on ,

Jules88
09-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Was he that good ? I thought he and the Egyptian lad from Wigan were nowt special , decent that's all , no time for the likes of them , rather bring our own lads on ,

He was good... but not £2m good. Attacking midfielder he was ok, Premiership, world class attackers will skin him
Send him To the blue and whites down the road

animallittle3
09-08-2017, 09:56 PM
There's little point in trying to make an example of him , what's the point ?

The players hold all the aces , your pyssing in the wind here .

Take the money and move on .

anstonred
09-08-2017, 10:11 PM
I really don't get fans rating him - he's better at LB but I truly don't think he's anywhere as good as he seems to think he is - he should put in a transfer request and should not be playing for us - give me a player who wants to be here! He's acted like a fool over this and deserves our contempt (as he has shown us contempt) - train on his own and let him hope someone comes up and meets our evaluation - otherwise, let him sit on the bench but never bring him on ... or ... let him go shopping on setdis

animallittle3
09-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Isn't Yiadom just following the plan also ???

DOOALI
09-08-2017, 10:35 PM
Spot on.animal the PLAN might has well sell Davies as well and it's job done

Jules88
09-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Spot on.animal the PLAN might has well sell Davies as well and it's job done
And I think he will be gone by End of January, as I've said before

animallittle3
09-08-2017, 11:55 PM
Clearly when we are trying to tempt young players here we are also telling them that if they work hard and improve then we will look to sell them to bigger clubs .

That's got to be part of the way we sell the club to them , they don't come here for big wages now do they .

Yiadom is simply helping himself and the club maximize his potential , he may have taken it to another level but what's he actually done that goes against the club's culture ?

Now you want to stick him in the stiffs for a year when he was only signed in reality to make money off .

Make your minds up people , this is what most of you believe is right , he cost us nowt but a years wages and now he's trying to exercise a move that will profit himself and the club .

The only thing we are building here is a healthy bank balance , relative success on the pitch is way down the list of priorities .

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 05:12 AM
We're fast becoming a Crewe Alexandra.

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 05:27 AM
Clearly when we are trying to tempt young players here we are also telling them that if they work hard and improve then we will look to sell them to bigger clubs .

That's got to be part of the way we sell the club to them , they don't come here for big wages now do they .

Yiadom is simply helping himself and the club maximize his potential , he may have taken it to another level but what's he actually done that goes against the club's culture ?

Now you want to stick him in the stiffs for a year when he was only signed in reality to make money off .

Make your minds up people , this is what most of you believe is right , he cost us nowt but a years wages and now he's trying to exercise a move that will profit himself and the club .

The only thing we are building here is a healthy bank balance , relative success on the pitch is way down the list of priorities .

Organising an interview on sky behind the clubs back by his agent to say that he wants to leave is bang out of order.
Surely you can see that's wrong

The players will be told we'll try to improve them and progress them but part of the deal of us taking the gamble on them and paying them a wage is that the club decides when they go and how much they value the player to be worth.

POGGYWELL
10-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Isn't Yiadom just following the plan also ???

Yes5902

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Excellent news Poggy maybe some closure now :D

Acido
10-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Hes not daft and neither is his agent, they have seen what our other star players have done here in the last few years and now they want some of it. Yes its normal when somebody wants to move to bigger and better and play in the Premship, but it also comes across as greed when the pound signs are flashed across his face.
Id rather we cash in immediatley and get it out of the way, but Id be peed off if we just did it on the cheap again. We've been offered £2 mill, is that offer still on the table I wonder.

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 10:37 AM
David Wagner has beaten Swansea to his signature, with the Welsh club bidding £3million but failing to secure a deal.

Yiadom will be Huddersfield’s ELEVENTH signing in a hectic summer of transfers following promotion to the Premier League.

Steve Mounie, Laurent Depoitre, Mathias Jorgensen, Jonas Lossl, Aaron Mooy, Tom Ince, Kasey Palmer, Danny Williams, Scott Malone and Elias Kachunga have already arrived.

And Yiadom will compete for a place after a stunning rise from non-league football and League Two with Barnet before catching the eye of clubs in the second tier.

He moved to Barnsley a year ago but only had a year left on his contract, sparking interest in taking him on a cut-price deal this window.

Yiadom, who can play on both flanks, was called up to the Ghana squad as reward for his fine form and he went to the African Cup of Nations.

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Prepare for a token transfer this afternoon to off set the initial disappointment we're all feeling ;D

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
10-08-2017, 10:43 AM
It's a shame we didn't sell him and keep Roberts although we are going over old ground here whereby the player holds all the cards and there's **** all we can do about it. Out of all the players we have lost in the last 12 months, this is the least bothered I've been.
Now scowen going, I'm still in mourning.

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Prepare for a token transfer this afternoon to off set the initial disappointment we're all feeling ;D

Joe Lolley ?

POGGYWELL
10-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Jolley could be part of the deal.

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 10:45 AM
Yes but would you feel happy? XD

POGGYWELL
10-08-2017, 10:45 AM
Then blunts come in for Adam Hammill.

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 10:48 AM
About sums things up Poggy. Although Pass, Roma and SBred I'm still excited about saturday and will be leaving my politcal head at home lads ;D

Acido
10-08-2017, 10:48 AM

The only disappointment I will feel here Ponty is we will collect the £3 mill and spend just a fraction of it once again, on another unknown kid.
I tell you all, nothing good will come from this plan in the long run, regardless of the healthy bank balance.

animallittle3
10-08-2017, 10:51 AM
David Wagner has beaten Swansea to his signature, with the Welsh club bidding £3million but failing to secure a deal.

Yiadom will be Huddersfield’s ELEVENTH signing in a hectic summer of transfers following promotion to the Premier League.

Steve Mounie, Laurent Depoitre, Mathias Jorgensen, Jonas Lossl, Aaron Mooy, Tom Ince, Kasey Palmer, Danny Williams, Scott Malone and Elias Kachunga have already arrived.

And Yiadom will compete for a place after a stunning rise from non-league football and League Two with Barnet before catching the eye of clubs in the second tier.

He moved to Barnsley a year ago but only had a year left on his contract, sparking interest in taking him on a cut-price deal this window.

Yiadom, who can play on both flanks, was called up to the Ghana squad as reward for his fine form and he went to the African Cup of Nations.

Win - win , Andy gets the opportunity to play PL football with wages to match .

We develop a player and sell on for a very hefty profit .

What's not to like guys :-) :-) :-) :-)

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Basically the club has had it's season ticket money and couldn't give a flying fig about it's fans.

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 10:55 AM
The only disappointment I will feel here Ponty is we will collect the £3 mill and spend just a fraction of it once again, on another unknown kid.
I tell you all, nothing good will come from this plan in the long run, regardless of the healthy bank balance.

What good came when we weren't trying this plan apart from mind numbing football , falling to the bottom of league 1 and racking up debts . This way of signing young players with a sell on fee has brought the club some of the best times in its history over the last 18months and made the club financially secure through a difficult time. Most had had enough of journey men players and wanted a change. It's worked so far so why be downhearted ?

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
10-08-2017, 11:01 AM
I'm in that category which is why I'd like to give the new lads the backing and patience they came here for

animallittle3
10-08-2017, 11:04 AM
What good came when we weren't trying this plan apart from mind numbing football , falling to the bottom of league 1 and racking up debts . This way of signing young players with a sell on fee has brought the club some of the best times in its history over the last 18months and made the club financially secure through a difficult time. Most had had enough of journey men players and wanted a change. It's worked so far so why be downhearted ?

Because selling that amount of talent in such a short space of time whilst reinvesting only a small percentage has clearly caused issues with the HC and led to a distinct possibility that we could be relegated with a squad of worthless footballers .

POGGYWELL
10-08-2017, 11:08 AM

POGGYWELL
10-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Because selling that amount of talent in such a short space of time whilst reinvesting only a small percentage has clearly caused issues with the HC and led to a distinct possibility that we could be relegated with a squad of worthless footballers .
Animal
On what I've seen so far I think the new squad being built will be far from worthless footballers.

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
10-08-2017, 11:19 AM
The players who were out of contract would have left full stop.
We all thought Mawson was a good bit of business at the time.
That leaves bree, Roberts and yiadom of which I think we should have kept Roberts. However, apparently like some of the others, the contract wasn't seriously considered due to their agents knowing that our wage offer wouldn't be anywhere near what they could get elsewhere.
Some of the new lads could well turn out to be cracking footballers, I just don't know I haven't seen them enough. We have, however, put them all on 3 year contracts which is what a lot of fans wanted so as to tie them down.
I've not heard of a reasonable suggestion of some"older heads" yet that could carry the young uns for a bit. If we were to get these older heads in, I'd rather them be on season long loans while our lads got up to speed.
If anyone suggests Kevin ******* long I'm going to smatter myself in my own faeces and sing waltzing Matilda.

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 11:22 AM

Whereas we could spend millions more on top of the millions we've spent and still get relegated with a squad of worthless players . There's no guarantees in football .

Look I'm not disagreeing with people just for the sake of it and of course I'd like us to sign more players and I can see Hecky isn't over joyed of late but the club set out what it was going to do and that squad of players were always going to fly the nest at the same time. If we could get a decent striker in then we've got the basics of a decent team all on long contracts who just need time to gel.

SBRed48
10-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Worrabart Kevin Long ? He'd do a decent job.

POGGYWELL
10-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Worrabart Kevin Long ? He'd do a decent job.

He's just signed a new three year deal with Burnley so Gwynn can relax!

animallittle3
10-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Animal
On what I've seen so far I think the new squad being built will be far from worthless footballers.

We sat 7th on January 1st and I think most of us will agree we will do very well to avoid the drop .

Money in the bank is fine but progress on the field is the only currency in football in my opinion .

Lets see how the land lies after 23 home games this season and we only win 4 or 5 of them with £20 million in player sales .

Anybody who is still clapping their hands if that happens wants wire brushing .

SBRed48
10-08-2017, 11:32 AM
A worra only jooakin Poggs following Gwynn's pooast above.

animallittle3
10-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Whereas we could spend millions more on top of the millions we've spent and still get relegated with a squad of worthless players . There's no guarantees in football .

Look I'm not disagreeing with people just for the sake of it and of course I'd like us to sign more players and I can see Hecky isn't over joyed of late but the club set out what it was going to do and that squad of players were always going to fly the best at the same time. If we could get a decent striker in then we've got the basics of a decent team all on long contracts who just need time to gel.

I'd be more than happy to go with the plan if we had one or two older heads who could help the process along .

Not a squad full , one or two , cover our asses , far too exposed for me , eggs in one basket if you like .

Acido
10-08-2017, 11:38 AM

I don't do it for fun Esr I can assure you!.
Ive also agreed with the plus points of the 'plan' and where its brought us and what we've achieved under it compared to those days at the bottom of Lg One. Its got rid of our debts and it means we aren't needing cash hand outs anymore, and as a result of this we shouldn't be desperately cashing in everytime a decent offer comes our way.
But now we're at a crossroads, and if this plan carries on much longer then we will end up back at square one and in Lg One again. Ohh with a healthy bank balance as well, that will be the difference.

Bombom
10-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Yiadon gone to Huddersfield

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 11:44 AM
I'm not against that Animal and would probably go with what Gwynn said in on loan .

I'd expect another Matty James type player in on loan from a Premier League club once they know their own squads

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 11:50 AM
I don't do it for fun Esr I can assure you!.
Ive also agreed with the plus points of the 'plan' and where its brought us and what we've achieved under it compared to those days at the bottom of Lg One. Its got rid of our debts and it means we aren't needing cash hand outs anymore, and as a result of this we shouldn't be desperately cashing in everytime a decent offer comes our way.
But now we're at a crossroads, and if this plan carries on much longer then we will end up back at square one and in Lg One again. Ohh with a healthy bank balance as well, that will be the difference.

Nothing has changed Acido. We've always been and always will be a selling club.

The only difference is we've got players that other clubs want which is surely a good thing as they're obviously doing well.

It's when no clubs want your players you've got to start worrying. When we got relegated last time the only asset we had was Chris O Grady. All the rest were a bag of sh ite .

So the club is progressing imo .

animallittle3
10-08-2017, 12:00 PM
If this plan was sustainable in the long term everybody would be doing it .

Why spend 58 million when you can spend 5 you might say ?

It's fitted the circumstantial era surrounding the club , back in profit .

Every single pound coin from the sale of Roberts and Yiadom has to go towards strengthening the squad .

Enough already with the sustainability gig , this is a football club not a pension scheme .

POGGYWELL
10-08-2017, 12:24 PM
Yes picked that up SB was just extending your fun.

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 12:24 PM
Most other clubs in this division have multi millionaire owners , parachute payments or are big city clubs so don't have to generate money like we do.

My old fella passed away at the weekend and it made me realise what's important in life

Getting wound up over football isn't necessary. It's just football. Whatever will be will be !

Acido
10-08-2017, 12:25 PM
Ahh Chris O'Greedy eh, who couldn't wait to leave when we went down, and Luke Steele did the same as well. I think they were the 2 good players we had then.
Theres merits to both sides of this argument of us being a selling club and that we always have been etc. My argument against what the club are doing right now is selling almost a complete squad in such a short space of time, and one that was a promotion winning squad as well. That makes absolutely no sense at all and Im also questioning the quality of players that we are replacing them with.
Nobody wants poor journeymen again and I think we'd all use Leroy Lita as a big example here, but I still think the need for some experience mixed in with the squad is needed now more than ever. And if the club simply refuse to even think about this idea because it doesn't suit their get rich quick scheme (because they don't have any sell on value), then thats just ridiculous.

Romared
10-08-2017, 12:33 PM
I don't give a monkeys over Yiadom , like Gwynn sed earlier least disappointed of our sales,

On another matter , Condolences to you and Family ESR , Stay Strong Together :heart: and RIP to your Dad :heart:

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss East Stand :D

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 02:20 PM
I don't give a monkeys over Yiadom , like Gwynn sed earlier least disappointed of our sales,

On another matter , Condolences to you and Family ESR , Stay Strong Together :heart: and RIP to your Dad :heart:

Thanks Roma , appreciate that .

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss East Stand :D

Thanks Steve

Jules88
10-08-2017, 02:31 PM
Condolences to you and your family mate.

SBRed48
10-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Sorry to hear abart thi dad ESR.

tiggertyke
10-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Sorry for your loss.

pass_and_move
10-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Tha reight ESR, its only football when tha puts in into perspective. There's many worse things in life that can happen rather than rattle on abart what we should be doing.

Sorry to hear about your dads passing mate. RIP

perkytyke
10-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Condolences ESR to you and your family, more to life than footie mate x

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Thanks lads . Appreciated. Sorry for hyjacking this thread !!

POGGYWELL
10-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Missed this one very sorry to hear of your sad news ESR.

animallittle3
10-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Condolences too from myself and JLO mate , very sorry for your loss .

Hodger1957
10-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Most other clubs in this division have multi millionaire owners , parachute payments or are big city clubs so don't have to generate money like we do.

My old fella passed away at the weekend and it made me realise what's important in life

Getting wound up over football isn't necessary. It's just football. Whatever will be will be !

My sentiments exactly ESR. There are much more important things in life than football.
Enjoy the good times, but don't get too down when things aren't going our way.
Sorry to hear your sad news.