PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance please.

CaspertheClaret
09-08-2017, 04:17 PM
I am not the happiest clapper in the chapel but I generally clap along at a fairly brisk rate smiling broadly.

However my tempo has slowed a bit this last few days and whilst I am not mortified to see Andre depart I do feel the need for someone to tell me its all going to be OK.

Somebody do that now please!!!

Turfmoorspirit
09-08-2017, 04:26 PM
I am not the happiest clapper in the chapel but I generally clap along at a fairly brisk rate smiling broadly.

However my tempo has slowed a bit this last few days and whilst I am not mortified to see Andre depart I do feel the need for someone to tell me its all going to be OK.

Somebody do that now please!!! All is good !

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 04:36 PM

Casper heat up one of those delicious saucy desserts, warm the sauce, add a blob of cold ice cream, drown a wee dram of Scotland's finest and relax. We have two quality inbounds packing their cases as we speak. :D

sinkov
09-08-2017, 04:38 PM
We've spent £60m in the last 12 months Casper, Mr Garlick has publicly stated that more will be spent. Imo the Gray situation has created a bit of a log jam, both on incomings and wages, now that's cleared up, I fully expect more Wonga to be hurled at the transfer market, serious Wonga too. Despite the moaning, they really have been spraying the dry powder around this last twelve months, no reason for it not to continue.

So confident am I that more will be spent that I can make this promise Casper. If we haven't spent another £20m by the end of this window, I'll buy you a ticket for the Cricket Field Stand, for the next pre-season friendly against a German team. Can't say fairer than that can I ?

CaspertheClaret
09-08-2017, 04:38 PM
See BT - I feel less stressed already, shoulders muscles have relaxed a bit and I have stopped biting my inner lip.

Even if it is bullshizz it works! O:)

CaspertheClaret
09-08-2017, 04:42 PM
So confident am I that more will be spent that I can make this promise Casper. If we haven't spent another £20m by the end of this window, I'll buy you a ticket for the Cricket Field Stand, for the next pre-season friendly against a German team. Can't say fairer than that can I ?

Lovely - although I heard we had already arranged for Spartak Moscow and Galatasaray for next season glamorous internationals.

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 04:45 PM
See BT - I feel less stressed already, shoulders muscles have relaxed a bit and I have stopped biting my inner lip.

Even if it is bullshizz it works! O:)

How very dare you? Two quality inbounds imminent. I'm off to Gawthorpe to take photographs in the morning. :D

sinkov
09-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Lovely - although I heard we had already arranged for Spartak Moscow and Galatasaray for next season glamorous internationals.

About ten years ago I actually went to a Galatasary Champions League match in Bordeaux. The Turkish fans were fine, not a bit of bother, back in Turkey for the return leg and all hell was let loose, even the Bordeaux owners and President copped some as well. They put in an official protest, but as far as I'm aware, nothing came of it.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 01:31 PM
As promised...

In Dyche We Trust
10-08-2017, 01:44 PM
I am begining to mis-trust Garlick and the board. They must have known that Gray would be on his bike and had their eyes on a replacement in before Chelsea. Knowing the way SD works, any incoming players will have to wait to be brought up to speed the SD way and be 'Burnley' fit- by then, we could be rooted firmly in the bottom 3 and worst, much worse....behind Huddersfield.......!!!

CaspertheClaret
10-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Gawthorpe is an impressive unit but I was hoping you would have something a little more concrete, you know set in stone. something with foundations

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Gawthorpe is an impressive unit but I was hoping you would have something a little more concrete, you know set in stone. something with foundations

Still waiting for the taxis with Sam Lucas and Shane Long in them! Hang on they are here now...

bfcjon
10-08-2017, 05:47 PM
I am begining to mis-trust Garlick and the board. They must have known that Gray would be on his bike and had their eyes on a replacement in before Chelsea. Knowing the way SD works, any incoming players will have to wait to be brought up to speed the SD way and be 'Burnley' fit- by then, we could be rooted firmly in the bottom 3 and worst, much worse....behind Huddersfield.......!!!

Come on ive been saying for weeks,...Garlick"s time is up,...To me To you ,always springs to mind....

Sorry but cannot see this Chap taking us Forward.. :?

Norder
10-08-2017, 06:06 PM
I do feel the need for someone to tell me its all going to be OK.

..."They'll" be OK - really "They" will -"They're" just fine.

http://gifgifs.com/animations/other-animations/money/a-lot-of-money.gif

...See them now - happily counting away.

;D

wmdave_b
10-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Still waiting for the taxis with Sam Lucas and Shane Long in them! Hang on they are here now...

Do for me......

In Dyche We Trust
10-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Dont want either of them in Turf Moor unless they are in the away team dressing room

Turfmoorspirit
10-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Dont want either of them in Turf Moor unless they are in the away team dressing room What about this one ? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4779508/Burnley-target-12m-Lille-striker-Nicolas-Preville.html..

bfcjon
10-08-2017, 07:11 PM
What about this one ? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4779508/Burnley-target-12m-Lille-striker-Nicolas-Preville.html..

Yea Just read that, Turfy,...But never heard of him,....Seems to have a nice chiseled face, and Tan,....But that adds extra dosh to the deal... :P

In Dyche We Trust
10-08-2017, 08:19 PM
he must have played for The Stsnley

Turfmoorspirit
10-08-2017, 08:34 PM
I can see a major sticking point with this one.. Heres a clip..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrAftUtRR7w

afloatinclaret
10-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Come on ive been saying for weeks,...Garlick"s time is up,...To me To you ,always springs to mind....

Sorry but cannot see this Chap taking us Forward.. :?

I'm sure there are an awful lot of clubs whose fans would be more than happy to do a swap with us; Blackbum Rovers spring immediately to mind. I'm more than happy with Mr Garlick and his team; for preference I want BFC in the Premiership, but the first priority for me will always be that BFC remain solvent; been there, seen that, it wasn't a whole lot of fun.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 09:15 PM
Let's just go back to the good old days when John Gilbraith was paying the players wages from his work kitty and Basil Dearing was buying the stamps? Might all be happy then? :confused:

1959_60
10-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Casper, cheer up for Gawds sake.

Yes, we will be relegated
Yes, we will get tonked most matches
Yes, Sean Dyche will leave
Yes, All our decent players will leave
Yes, Rovers will be in the same division next season

But remember,

There will always be beautiful cake!

bfcjon
10-08-2017, 09:28 PM
I'm sure there are an awful lot of clubs whose fans would be more than happy to do a swap with us; Blackbum Rovers spring immediately to mind. I'm more than happy with Mr Garlick and his team; for preference I want BFC in the Premiership, but the first priority for me will always be that BFC remain solvent; been there, seen that, it wasn't a whole lot of fun.

Yes all well and good,..But when does enough become enough..??

Quite a few people, in the beginning were saying the same,...Be careful what you wish for etc,..But seeing this scenario season after season,..always playing the Pauper card,..Has now imo become boring,.. And not going to put extra bums on seats..

We are not going to win any prizes for being the most solvent club in Europe !!

So What is next,? .I think we have hit a wall,..and havent a clue where to go next,...or in what direction.

If we are serious about becoming an established Prem club,...I cannot see us moving forward, without outside investment ,... imo.
How long before everyone gets sick of the punching above our weight scenario ??

Norder
10-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Casper, cheer up for Gawds sake.

Yes, we will be relegated
Yes, we will get tonked most matches
Yes, Sean Dyche will leave
Yes, All our decent players will leave
Yes, Rovers will be in the same division next season

But remember,

There will always be beautiful cake!

Lemon Drizzle ?

:D

1959_60
10-08-2017, 09:46 PM
Evening bfcjohn.

Reluctantly I have come to the same conclusion.

I have always been proud to support a team that are "different" in how it is run.

But in todays financial climate this model is simply not sustainable. We can only swim against the tide for so long before we get swept away.

Now is the time, with us being in the Prem, to attract a serious investor. We may never get this chance again should we get relegated. A small town championship club would be no kind of attraction.

In the meantime we simply MUST address the obvious deficiencies in our squad pretty damn quickly.

No other club in the Prem would have sold two of it's most important assets without replacements being lined up.

We have come a hell of a long way recently but we are still sadly lacking in our recruitment department.

A new investor would certainly make sure that this was rectified.

A penny for Sean Dyches thoughts right now...

Bloody hell, we have just drawn Rovers!

CaspertheClaret
10-08-2017, 10:00 PM
Shut up!!!!

1959_60
10-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Casper, if we lose to them shall we become Tibetan cake eating monks?

...the Tibetan bit could be a bit of a problem...

CaspertheClaret
10-08-2017, 10:07 PM
I don't know about that. Is it possible to have your yak and heat it?

1959_60
10-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Ugh. that sounds abominable to me. S'no man.

CaspertheClaret
10-08-2017, 10:20 PM
There is a great Tibetan monastery up near us (Samye Ling) - so yeah it's a deal. I dont have to travel far to chant and they have a great little cafe on site that serves good cake. See it's not much of a pennance.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-08-2017, 06:18 AM
There is a great Tibetan monastery up near us (Samye Ling) - so yeah it's a deal. I dont have to travel far to chant and they have a great little cafe on site that serves good cake. See it's not much of a pennance.

Please read carefully:

We have three goalkeepers (one is an England international).
We have 2 genuine RB's.
We have 2 genuine LB's.
We have 4 genuine CB's. (Some don't rate Anderson but some of us do!)
We have 8 genuine Midfielders. (We also have Ulvestad still on the books but expect Clucas to arrive soon)
We have 4 genuine Strikers. (Admittedly Agyei is young and untested but Shane Long will soon sort that).

I think our current detractors do these players a great disservice, they are fully committed to the cause and I have no fear whatsoever that we will NOT end up/be in the relegation mix.

Keane, Boyd and Gray were not committed to the Clarets so "Do One" was our only option.

The last time I looked the transfer window is open for about another TWENTY days! :D

In Dyche We Trust
11-08-2017, 06:25 AM
being committed and giving their all is only half of what is required- class and skill is also required. At this moment in time ww are bittom 3 material when you try and pick 3 teams worse than us.

In Dyche We Trust
11-08-2017, 06:26 AM
being committed and giving their all is only half of what is required- class and skill is also required. At this moment in time we are bottom 3 material when you try and pick 3 teams worse than us.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-08-2017, 06:37 AM
being committed and giving their all is only half of what is required- class and skill is also required. At this moment in time we are bottom 3 material when you try and pick 3 teams worse than us.

If I was an EPL manager and I was playing this lot, I would expect a really bloody tough afternoon:
Heaton
Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Ward,
Gudmundsson, Hendrick, Defour, Cork, Brady,
Vokes. (Includes SEVEN full internationals)

Bench: GK, Bardsley, Taylor, Long, Walters, Westwood & Barnes.

Are you seriously suggesting these players lack skill and technique?

CaspertheClaret
11-08-2017, 07:02 AM
Looking good!!!!

ClaretinDublin
11-08-2017, 07:15 AM

The Bedlington Terrier
11-08-2017, 07:30 AM
Lol! :D

In Dyche We Trust
11-08-2017, 08:33 AM
good in the championship not quite enough for PL

ClaretinDublin
11-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Lol! :D

HO HO HO.

As children wake tomorrow morning and line their windows and doors with every Clarets and blue (maybe the odd black, white, yellow or blue) shirts the excitement of Premier League day begins.

Fill your football socks with Pannini stickers,and hang them over the fire, switch on Soccer Am because its here!!!

While us elders are in the kitchen preparing the Black Pudding (that we caught fresh in the garden the night before) and open the gold that are Premier season tickets we all get that whiff of Hollands pies! Some of us still have a Beehole end trough smell that consumes and defines our excitement but also predicts our hopes and expectations for the coming season.

ITS MATCH DAY

Bring on those overpaid ****ers and lets DO THIS

nutsinmay
11-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Sorry I must have posted on the wrong thread :?

Turfmoorspirit
13-08-2017, 03:00 PM

Somebody do that now please!!! What is your chapel clapping like today ? ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
13-08-2017, 05:44 PM
What is your chapel clapping like today ? ;D

It's a lot like HALLEJUH and praise the Lord! ;D