PDA

View Full Version : Match thread

stokearab
09-08-2017, 07:37 PM
First 20 minutes, very impressed with the Fun but we were poor and allowed them to dominate.
Our fullbacks looked poor especially Scobbie and although you don't want to see a player injured I was happy when Robson came on. Turning point.

Our midfield didn't gel until around 40 minutes. Great run from Stanton, brilliant driving attack, and King, having a mare up til then, taps in for the equaliser. Happy with that every week!

Sutton says Lewis is not convincing - what a chunt as usual - Lewis has done well. Allan is done and won't reappear.

Shut down the right winger and we win this.

USArab
09-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Thank you Sir for the update!

stokearab
09-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Allan restarts, wtf do I know. Over to you Toshney B)

stokearab
09-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Thank you Sir for the update!

http://cricfree.sc/watch/live/dundee-fc-vs-dundee-united-live-streaming

zeek
09-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Mon United, get intae that shyte FFS

stokearab
09-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Intelligent throw from Lewis finds King in loads of space on the left. Ball comes over to McMullan on the right whips in a great ball, inches away from a diving header goal by McDonald. More even

stokearab
09-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Robson starting to get the measure of Deacon who looks by some distance their best player

stokearab
09-08-2017, 08:47 PM
We didn't build on the momentum we gained after the equaliser. Beaten by the better team on the night imo. No major failures, but we need to see far more from our midfield in the next games because they were bullied out of it quite a bit and didn't create enough. If that game was played 6 months from now it would be a different outcome. A lot to be optimistic about though.

shedboy71
09-08-2017, 09:09 PM
They were just physically better than us and we had players not fit. They deserved that win end of really. Still the wee team - what team scores two and both scorers (and Allan) run toward utd fans not their own...McCriminal ran the whole length of the field.

Nae Class but the big team on the park just now.

FTD

Otm_Shank
09-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Yea they deserved the win. Not too disheartened though we hung with them over the two games and still have unfit players in a very new team. Still think our team will end up very good

shedboy71
09-08-2017, 09:16 PM
passing on the deck looks good but we have very little physical presence.

ICT we beat but st mirren, falkirk, ICT again, livi and Dunfermline play a physical game as well as speed. We need a hulk of a defender and forward. Scobbie out for months potentially btw - 6 weeks at best

Chick A Saw
09-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Yea they deserved the win. Not too disheartened though we hung with them over the two games and still have unfit players in a very new team. Still think our team will end up very good

I hope that now the distraction of the Double Derby is out the way, we can concentrate on getting everyone fit and pushing on to get back up. There are good signs even from that game.

stokearab
09-08-2017, 09:24 PM
I hope that now the distraction of the Double Derby is out the way, we can concentrate on getting everyone fit and pushing on to get back up. There are good signs even from that game.

Yeah I thought so, but I imagine the Middle East Sanitary Technician will be also be on shortly to tell us how crap our manager is :mad:

Otm_Shank
09-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Agreed. It stings but I think there are definite positives to be taken despite the loss.

RAM1971
09-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Well gubbed on the night. However, this United team is in its infancy and should get much better with time. We will be out-muscled by many teams as we are very soft, especially in midfield. Le Fun were far better organised, far more fluid, kept the momentum for most of the game. As a unit they put us to shame. The good thing about tonight is that we have avoided Celtic in the next round, although Stevie could've done with the dough!

TangerineDream
09-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Ach well, better team won, they deserved the victory tonight.

Some good stuff at times for us but not sufficient to win the derby this time. Won the first on penalties and they beat us by the one goal in the second. Overall the two matches have been no bad games and a good advert for our city derby. Glad it's not us getting horsed by the Tims in the next round.

The league is the most important thing for our club and massively so. Look forward to the ***** gehm on saturday.

Greetin in Bed
14-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Ach well, better team won, they deserved the victory tonight.

Some good stuff at times for us but not sufficient to win the derby this time. Won the first on penalties and they beat us by the one goal in the second. Overall the two matches have been no bad games and a good advert for our city derby. Glad it's not us getting horsed by the Tims in the next round.

The league is the most important thing for our club and massively so. Look forward to the ***** gehm on saturday.

Best keep this to the fore.
HAMMERED.Absolutely HAMMERED.

Chick A Saw
14-08-2017, 06:26 PM

Who put a 50 in this boys meter?

I dont think you really need to keep this to the fore. Plenty ammo going about but we have United things to talk about.

Charlie arab
14-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Nah 6-2 Is an absolute hammering !

stokearab
14-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Nah 6-2 Is an absolute hammering !

Like! 💜

Greetin in Bed
14-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Like! 💜
Men against boys.
HAMMERED.
Fresh in the memory and left in no doubt about the gap between the teams.
HAMMERED

Charlie arab
14-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Men against boys.
HAMMERED.
Fresh in the memory and left in no doubt about the gap between the teams.
HAMMERED

You speaking about Dundee v Hamilton on Sat?

Jedi u-Knighted
14-08-2017, 08:26 PM

Yes, you sound like you are.!!!

utd4me
14-08-2017, 08:40 PM
yes, you sound like you are.!!!

:d:d:d:d:d

Greetin in Bed
14-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Yes, you sound like you are.!!!
I was playing a word association game there and began going through uniteds team.
I say the name you say the first word that comes into your head..
Lewis.raw
Toshney .Shyte
Edgenguele .lost
Durnan.donkey.
mcmullin.cheat.
Briel.sluggish.
Macdonald.burger.
King.Queen.
Fraser.Softy.
Scobbie.fraudster.
Fyvie.user
Dundee United.Losers.

shedka
14-08-2017, 08:49 PM
I think this is haunted in bed (for years by United)

http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/jim-carrey-gif-10.gif

Logie_Arab
15-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Deniz Dailly Quinn Allardice Briels Flood Fraser Chalmers Taylor N’Koyi and Keatings

Subs: Donaldson, Murdoch, Durnan, Robson, Reekie, Appere and Thomas

bobafett
15-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Surprised Matty Smith's not involved. He injured?

Logie_Arab
15-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Out for 2 weeks I heard.

shedboy71
15-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Out for 2 weeks I heard.

Dailly a defender? Anyone know about Taylor, Chalmers and reekie where they play?

shedboy71
15-08-2017, 06:56 PM
so we have 2 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards on.

haha - dont care if we get beat 4-0 well done McKinnon about time you used this competition to experiment

ianharab
15-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Couldn't agree more shedboy , got to be young lads and the likes of Flood to get his fitness up

Otm_Shank
15-08-2017, 07:25 PM
The new colour commentator on arabzone is better but he keeps laughing at nothing.

bobafett
15-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Dailly a defender? Anyone know about Taylor, Chalmers and reekie where they play?

Dailly's a left-back / centre half; Scott Reekie's a defender; Taylor's a midfielder and I think Chalmers is a striker but he came on in the last game against the Beath and played more as a winger.....

tHeArAb
15-08-2017, 07:31 PM
The new colour commentator on arabzone is better but he keeps laughing at nothing.

What colour is he?

Otm_Shank
15-08-2017, 07:33 PM
What colour is he?

Good one

Otm_Shank
15-08-2017, 08:05 PM
First goal for Paddy! Fraser with the assist

Otm_Shank
15-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Make that two for him

deebuster
15-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Make that two for him

he could have had another couple

Keatings a yard off the pace

Allardice good game

Archie Thomas looked impressive as a sub.

Deniz was hardly tested.

Comfy win.

shedka
15-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Quinn strolled it, Allardice impressive, first 60-70 mins cb beside Quinn, Briels was RB

Nkoyi not impressive despite the goals but maybe needs sharpness goals were put in a plate, especially the first after great work from Fraser, Keatings quiet

We seemed to not want to shoot first half, kept trying to walk it in

Decent workout though for everyone who played and the holders march on 😁

shedka
15-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Means we now have a game on the weekend of the 2nd/3rd of Sept which is international one, don't mind that though as will keep us ticking over after St Mirren away instead of inactive for a fortnight

Chick A Saw
15-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Still baffled as to why Brad Smith was released. At times he had the better of Fraser and Flood, sometimes both of them together!

Frustrated by Fraser as usual and didnt think much of M'Koyi and Keatings, but there are some shining lights coming through the ranks and might take in some more U20 games this season.

bobafett
15-08-2017, 10:02 PM
How did Harvey Dailly do?

SmedDUm
15-08-2017, 10:04 PM
10 changes
4-2-3-1 or so
Mehmet 7 - did nothing but did nothing wrong
Briels 6 - rt back/rt defensive mid, took a knock
Quinn 7 - debut, stroll in the park
Allardyce 7 -rt central defence a new position for him
Dailly 7 - debut, got 90 mins at left back
Flood 7 - better as the game went on
Fraser 8 - Mr Creative, must have been fouled 10 times
Keatings 6 - quietish, good game time
Taylor 6 - useful, switched wings
N'Koyi 7 - for his 2 goals, 1st half trying to find his touch
Chalmers 6 - useful, switched wings
subbies out of 5
Apere 3 - debut, left wing, tall & rangy
Thomas 4 - centre mid, unit, watch this boy
Reekie 3 - debut, rt central defence, Allardyce went to rt mid

SmedDUm
15-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Still baffled as to why Brad Smith was released. At times he had the better of Fraser and Flood, sometimes both of them together!

Frustrated by Fraser as usual and didnt think much of M'Koyi and Keatings, but there are some shining lights coming through the ranks and might take in some more U20 games this season.

Agreed. Should have loaned him to Cowdenbeath. Guess we maybe have too many mids? Probably their best player tho No 9 Ryan Connelly ran him close. Cowdenbeath a big improvement from the 4-1 Betfred game. Wouldn't have been an injustice if they had gone in 1-0 at half time.
Fraser brilliant assist for first goal & kept getting fouled so he must have been on the ball a lot.

bobafett
15-08-2017, 10:23 PM
I get the impression that the boy Thomas is very highly rated by Utd and that probably played a part in Smith's release.

ahlltanyirhide
16-08-2017, 11:06 AM
I get the impression that the boy Thomas is very highly rated by Utd and that probably played a part in Smith's release.

Hope to phukk United are paying attention and get the boy signed up long term.