PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Question

offshore_arab83
09-08-2017, 08:51 PM
The manager...

We've improved the squad with better proven players yet we aren't playing any better?

Formation? Questionable as always

Tactics? High balls to a 5ft7 striker

New players? Unfit

Nae complaints with the fact we were beat, they were better than us, we should however be playing a lot better than what we are with what we've got at our disposal

Whitfieldarab
09-08-2017, 09:05 PM
We need a big b4starding forward. Dundee played loads of long balls to Haber and he won 90% of them.

Ray should have seen that Edge was getting taken to the cleaners in the air and swapped him with Durnan.

We are land of the midgets though and totally lost out physically to Dundee.

shedboy71
09-08-2017, 09:05 PM
Yes - agree 100% but for all the slaverin dees away to come on board. You bullied us and won deservedly.

OA we have the players to romp this league not sure we have the manager - Stanton out right 1st half???

stokearab
09-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Well it didn't take long for a doubt the manager thread did it.

Think you have to bear in mind we are a work in progress. A lot of new players, some still not quite 100%
It takes time for a bunch of new players to gel and this match came a wee bit too early for us.

Yes, beaten by the better team, but we will improve and I don't think they will improve much.

If there is a negative it's our lack of height, plenty positives, and I'm not away to question the manager because we lost that one.

shedboy71
09-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Well it didn't take long for a doubt the manager thread did it.

Think you have to bear in mind we are a work in progress. A lot of new players, some still not quite 100%
It takes time for a bunch of new players to gel and this match came a wee bit too early for us.

Yes, beaten by the better team, but we will improve and I don't think they will improve much.

If there is a negative it's our lack of height, plenty positives, and I'm not away to question the manager because we lost that one.

come on it is there to see - even he can win this league but he is very worrying tactically and playing players before they are ready. He has bought well but there is not physical presence.

I hope he gets us up and improves but he is one of the worst managers i have seen at utd.

I agree stoke work in progress and his signings are exceptional but i hope he develops as a manager.

LSArab
09-08-2017, 09:20 PM
RM done a brilliant job on recruitment this summer. Couple more players to come in too.

Worry if once we've got the players he can't set them up or motivate them

Cups not priority this season - tonight was Fun but not what matters for this year

Test will be if ray can get us to beat teams week in week out in league

Sutherland Arab
09-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Dundee won because they outmuscled and outfought us, not acceptable but it is the league cup.
Our whole future as a football club hinges on us gaining promotion.
If we win against QOTS on Saturday I'll care not a jot about tonight. However if we play like we did tonight in any league game I'll be fizzing.
Agree that we need more height and power up front. Haber was all over our defence.

offshore_arab83
09-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Stoked that was brutal tonight mate, our whole set up was ****e

Chick A Saw
09-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Not worried yet as there are a number of players who have played every game, along with some of the injured and newer lads who have to get their fitness up to the required level.

jerrennixon
09-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Dundee won because they outmuscled and outfought us, not acceptable but it is the league cup.
If we win against QOTS on Saturday I'll care not a jot about tonight. However if we play like we did tonight in any league game I'll be fizzing.
Agree that we need more height and power up front. Haber was all over our defence.

Probably the most sensible post Ill read all night.

We were weaker all over the park, physically and towards the end, mentally too.

Yes, the better team won 100% but Ill not be losing any sleep over that tonight.

Charlie arab
09-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Unacceptable performance tonight, second to every ball, bullied all over the park . Honestly relieved we never got a hiding. Got to the car and heard McKinnon say it was even! Jesus **** , Dundee wanted it more from the first till last minute, ****in seek!

one team in city

we got beat we move on best team won simples:D

shedboy71
I am not worried at all as in fizzy pop we will be fine but Ray isnt my favourite manager - i do like what he is trying to do interchanging front line and fast passing. League is most important dinnae like losing to them (mainly because thats another trophy for them).

stokearab
09-08-2017, 09:31 PM

Disagree. Not brutal at all. Disappointing yes. He played too many new players too early but if we'd won everyone would have been saying great shout.

Much as I hate to say it, the Fun were excellent tonight and outplayed us. We ARE a work in progress. As others are saying the test for RM is not whether he can win tonights match it's what happens in the league,

Yes, disappointed, but calling the manager out at this stage OS is back to your old agenda with AP. Sorry but there it is. You don't like the guy and you won't be happy till he's down the road will you.

borderarab
09-08-2017, 09:42 PM
If you don't have a big striker to hold the ball up, then get your defenders to hit the flanks and let your wingers run on to the ball instead of hitting it down the centre. I learnt that at a Largs sfa coaching course ;-)

shedka
09-08-2017, 09:47 PM

This 100%

3 pts on Sat far more important to us just now

ianharab
09-08-2017, 09:54 PM
While I agree the league is all that matters this season , tonite was bad , they wanted it more than we did which I don't like seeing in a derby , could easily lost about 3 goals in the first half , please Ray get that 4-2-3-1 to **** , on the upside after seeing the draw I cheered up 😅😅😅😅😅

eric_sinclair
09-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Dont think we bullied you at all,kept pressing ur players and putting them under pressure yes.We are still a new team as u boys are but we won quite easily tonight and shud have scored more.If mckinnon thought it was even then u may have a bigger problem.

TangerineDream
09-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Remain calm.

Two hard fought matches against the Fun. Disappointing the night but the league is the priority as we all know. Recruitment has been good , let's gie it time to gel. We are really not far off having some squad here for the league we are in. I am hopeful and remain positive. Fek the Funsters, they will be in bother soon, just watch.

RAM1971
09-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Dont think we bullied you at all,kept pressing ur players and putting them under pressure yes.We are still a new team as u boys are but we won quite easily tonight and shud have scored more.If mckinnon thought it was even then u may have a bigger problem.

This was the biggest red flag of the night! Furthermore McKinnon could not bring himself recognise or give credit to the other team. At least McCann recognised the ability and efforts of a couple of United players. I wonder if Ray is actually insecure in his position? He's very defensive of his team, talking them up when they are crap. After all the buck stops with him.

Mr_Brightside
09-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Positives: nice football at time, fyvie will be a player once he gets sharper and fitter, robson performance, keatings and murdoch getting game time, Stanton looks like a great find and McGowan showing that the scars of the 6-2 still run deep

Negatives: to soft, lack of big striker made every goal kick basically a free header for their centre backs, losing to the fun (they are not a good team), toshney, ray making changes to late and scobbie injury

At the end of the day we'll only get better, there's a team there that can win this league. Let them enjoy tonight, it's gonna be a long season for them. Let's dust ourselves down, hopefully get 1/2 more bodies in and let's get the **** out this league.

eric_sinclair
09-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Hartley did this a lot to save his own face. Prefer them to just admit they were 2nd best.

stokearab
09-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Hartley did this a lot to save his own face. Prefer them to just admit they were 2nd best.

You won, get over it. Terrible avatar btw

Chick A Saw
09-08-2017, 10:49 PM
You won, get over it. Terrible avatar btw

Let them have their moment Stoke, we are all they rabbit on about!

eric_sinclair
09-08-2017, 11:02 PM
U winna hear from me again till next derby,nae wind ups just commenting how i see it. I get yer upset stokie but hey ho thats fitba.Time for me to rabbit on about hamilton our next game.

stokearab
09-08-2017, 11:08 PM
U winna hear from me again till next derby,nae wind ups just commenting how i see it. I get yer upset stokie but hey ho thats fitba.Time for me to rabbit on about hamilton our next game.

Not upset Eric. Disappointed, yes. But it's still a terrible avatar :P

RAM1971
10-08-2017, 07:17 AM

How can you say we were second best last night? We were nowhere near that! You have a big problem turning dominance into goals. It took two great strikes to oust very lacklustre opponents.

deebuster
10-08-2017, 07:56 AM
I predict our home form like last year will be excellent.......it basically ensured we got to the playoffs.
In general with a few honourable exceptions our away form was Abe Lincoln.
Tactics were responsible.
Ok the players have been overhauled and in my opinion upgraded.
We now have the players to NOT play a 4231....we can play 424 or 433...I prefer the 424 with the players we now have.
Ray has to send out a message of intent for away games. I will give him until he has his squad complete and fit.
Doubts are there based on the Caley game and last night.
I feckin hate getting beat by that mob.

offshore_arab83
10-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Disagree. Not brutal at all. Disappointing yes. He played too many new players too early but if we'd won everyone would have been saying great shout.

Much as I hate to say it, the Fun were excellent tonight and outplayed us. We ARE a work in progress. As others are saying the test for RM is not whether he can win tonights match it's what happens in the league,

Yes, disappointed, but calling the manager out at this stage OS is back to your old agenda with AP. Sorry but there it is. You don't like the guy and you won't be happy till he's down the road will you.

If you didn't think that was f ucking brutal then we must have been watching a different game to me!

No agenda at all, correct i don't like him, said from day 1 he is not the man to take us up, no way!

eric_sinclair
10-08-2017, 08:31 AM
How can you say we were second best last night? We were nowhere near that! You have a big problem turning dominance into goals. It took two great strikes to oust very lacklustre opponents.

You could be right but on another night we have the def pen in the 2nd half,el bak scores when through and ur keeper doesna make that wonder save near the end.No sure our right set up yet either as last night was first at 442

thefutureistangerine4
10-08-2017, 08:43 AM
This game came a bit too early for us. Better team won on the day. Other than the fact it was the derby I am not unduly worried by this result 2-1 away from home is not awful and we should not be rushing already to judgement on the manager. Not at all surprised that some already want to stick the boot in - its par for the course on here! Give it 6-8 games in the league and we will see how the team is looking.

I think manager has put together a decent team and when they are all fit and gelling together we will be fine. I dont think recruitment is over yet and I suspect there is at least another signing or two before the deadline

offshore_arab83
10-08-2017, 08:46 AM
The result was not awful the performance, the set up, the tactics, the decisions and the after match interview were. Not par for the course on here, last night was unacceptable and the blame for last night lies with one man...

TerryTheTerror
10-08-2017, 08:48 AM
I think you are going well over the top in your criticism of Ray.

tHeArAb
10-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Premiership team beats Championship team. They were bigger, faster, fitter & stronger. They have a better standard of player than us. That's the bottom line. The fact it was a derby makes it hard to take but they are a level above us at this moment I'm time, just.

TerryTheTerror
10-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Premiership team beats Championship team. They were bigger, faster, fitter & stronger. They have a better standard of player than us. That's the bottom line. The fact it was a derby makes it hard to take but they are a level above us at this moment I'm time, just.

Exactly my thoughts.

Otm_Shank
10-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Yea that's where I am. Some folk going a little overboard in my opinion. Roll on the next game, hopefully a win will get the positive vibes back on here

Whitfieldarab
10-08-2017, 09:22 AM

As painful as it is to admit it this is true. Also Haber in for the mouse improved them. Gave them a better out for the countless amount of times their goalie and defenders hoofed it up front. We didn't have that out ball.

offshore_arab83
10-08-2017, 09:42 AM
I think you are going well over the top in your criticism of Ray.

I don't, don't think I've even said anything remotely insulting, out of order or below the belt? I've not even called for his head?

Please explain where I'm going 'well over the top'

🤔

offshore_arab83
10-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Premiership team beats Championship team. They were bigger, faster, fitter & stronger. They have a better standard of player than us. That's the bottom line. The fact it was a derby makes it hard to take but they are a level above us at this moment I'm time, just. see that's where I disagree, do they really have a better standard of player than us? Really?

TerryTheTerror
10-08-2017, 09:45 AM
see that's where I disagree, do they really have a better standard of player than us? Really?

100%, yes. Their midfield was miles better than ours, that's what allowed their domination of the match.

ClashCityRocker
10-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Could have been 3-1 , but Dundee's strikers were shooting off target for most of the night.

United need a few games to bed in the new players, get them match fit and then things will be different.

Arabs4ever
10-08-2017, 10:39 AM
A manager who can counteract what his opposite number does tactically will go far in the game. A manager who just plunders along with no idea how to change it will find himself wanting on many occasions. How McKinnon comes out with the rubbish he does after the games is one certain way to piss off the fans. We want a truthful summary. We've had enough crap out of Tannadice to last a while without the current manager adding to it.

huntedbyafreak
10-08-2017, 10:56 AM
100%, yes. Their midfield was miles better than ours, that's what allowed their domination of the match.

That Kamara guy they've brought in is a really good player. Thon McGowan is a chunt but he's exactly the type of boy you want on your side in a Derby. They deserved to win. We didn't play very well. We move on. Saturday is more important IMO

Whitfieldarab
10-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Could have been 3-1 , but Dundee's strikers were shooting off target for most of the night.

United need a few games to bed in the new players, get them match fit and then things will be different.

Think the biggest sitter of the night was missed by King.

the_arab
10-08-2017, 12:25 PM
we looked like an unfit championship level team last night which is exactly what we are

I think we will be strong enough to go up however we have 5 or 6 championship level players in that starting team and some others who will be better but not yet fit. We use this squad, get up then replace those players with better next season.

TerryTheTerror
10-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Fyvie was dreadful for most of the first half. He looks fit bit certainly isn't 100% match sharp. He did get better as the game went on though which we will benefit from for the rest of the season.

SmedDUm
10-08-2017, 12:59 PM
It's very easy to be wise after the event but FF maybe shouldn't have started.
Tho if he hadn't been given a start we'd all be moaning.

Paddy coming on instead of Keatings might have worked better.
Stage was set for a memorable reappearance.

I see Dundee more often than is healthy in the line of duty & that's the best they've played for a long time. They're never up for it as much as they were last night. The Dump has an atmosphere like a morgue & it transfers to the pitch.

billymorgan
10-08-2017, 01:03 PM
It's very easy to be wise after the event but FF maybe shouldn't have started.
Tho if he hadn't been given a start we'd all be moaning.

Paddy coming on instead of Keatings might have worked better.
Stage was set for a memorable reappearance.

I see Dundee more often than is healthy in the line of duty & that's the best they've played for a long time. They're never up for it as much as they were last night. The Dump has an atmosphere like a morgue & it transfers to the pitch.

Ho Ho :D