PDA

View Full Version : Ginger jack

tooslomofo
09-08-2017, 11:08 PM
Rafas told him he's not in the 25 man squad and to find another team....
Thank F for that

BenArfa10
10-08-2017, 12:12 AM

ex_pat_magpie
10-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Rafas told him he's not in the 25 man squad and to find another team....
Thank F for that

I wonder if they would welcome him back down the road. Although a lot would call him a traitor he's probably better than most they have still on the books and he'd be relatively cheap.

Davearmy
10-08-2017, 09:30 AM
I wonder if they would welcome him back down the road. Although a lot would call him a traitor he's probably better than most they have still on the books and he'd be relatively cheap.

They probably would as he would walk into their team only problem being they probably couldn't afford him.

ghostrider
10-08-2017, 09:33 AM
I have a feeling that Middlesbrough will be his destination.
Wherever he goes I wish him all the best.
He tried for us at the very least and he done a lot of the dirty work. It's just a shame he didn't have much else to offer to go with it.

HughieG
10-08-2017, 12:50 PM
He tried for us at the very least and he done a lot of the dirty work. It's just a shame he didn't have much else to offer to go with it.

How come Ghost? Did you read something or do you have a hunch? I'd say it's rare that a player goes on to represent all three big North East clubs in his career, but it's not a bad shout when it comes to Jackie.

Davearmy
10-08-2017, 01:23 PM

Aye they seem to be splashing the cash and it's close to home for Colback

smorgan86
10-08-2017, 01:47 PM
No doubt that a Championship side will be looking for a player like him. Wish him all the best, can't fault him for his effort.

ghostrider
10-08-2017, 03:55 PM
How come Ghost? Did you read something or do you have a hunch? I'd say it's rare that a player goes on to represent all three big North East clubs in his career, but it's not a bad shout when it comes to Jackie.

A hunch basically. I just have a feeling that they need a bit of bite and a bit of instant blend in, which being the north east will be almost effortlessly for Jack and Boro alike.
The stumbling blocks could be wages and/or the drop down again.

The issue is when we got him from Sunderland and West ham had offered him £50,000 a week. He turned it down or us and cited being a Newcastle fan...but....was he just citing that as his main reason or was it that he didn't want to up sticks?

Whichever way it's looked at, he's got to be on 35 to 40 grand a week for us, so Boro would have to at least offer around the 30 grand mark, I would think...and maybe a decent length of contract for him to actually give up his final 2 years at the rate he's on.

I reckon 5 million should secure his services for any budding buyers and I think Boro would be more than happy to actually broker that deal.

All absolute speculation from me with no real back up for my stance.

ghostrider
10-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Aye they seem to be splashing the cash and it's close to home for Colback

Yep, it would probably be a good deal for all, as I can't see him going back to Sunderland.

Jammy89
10-08-2017, 04:03 PM
It was in the chronicle a while back that Boro were in for him and he favoured a move there.

Would be good for all concerned i think.

Gave his best but not what we need now and he's taking up wage and space.

Good luck, thank you and good bye.

Zippity
11-08-2017, 10:56 AM
I've never quite forgiven him for shushing the Gallowgate....>:)

andyj73
11-08-2017, 05:03 PM
.. What about the 3-0 in the bus window. Do you forgive him for that ..

I've never quite forgiven him for shushing the Gallowgate....>:)

andyj73
11-08-2017, 05:35 PM
.. You have a weaker squad than we had last year, and a weaker one than you had the season you went down .. Kone, although I can't see him staying, is better than anyone you have in your squad .. If you get hit by injuries you are goosed and will have a relegation battle to face in any case ..

They probably would as he would walk into their team only problem being they probably couldn't afford him.

Jammy89
11-08-2017, 05:59 PM
.. You have a weaker squad than we had last year, and a weaker one than you had the season you went down .. Kone, although I can't see him staying, is better than anyone you have in your squad .. If you get hit by injuries you are goosed and will have a relegation battle to face in any case ..

XD XD

Andy i know you want to be team loyal but jesus XD Kone better than anyone we have in our squad, your talking out your arse mate.

Southerntoon75
11-08-2017, 06:26 PM

Priceless, of course he is 😂😂😂

tooslomofo
11-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Banished to train alone today after a bust up with Rafa
Wouldn't step into the squad after someone pulled out injured.
Toys out the pram time
Can't see much of a way back for him now

Jammy89
11-08-2017, 06:52 PM
I'm quite surprised by that actually, thought he'd be up for the fight even after being told to find a new club (at least Rafa is being up front).

But so be it.

toonlegend
11-08-2017, 08:53 PM
well we all know rafa doesn't forget easily ... mbemba anyone

so jacks goose is definitely cooked then

Jammy89
11-08-2017, 09:20 PM
well we all know rafa doesn't forget easily ... mbemba anyone

so jacks goose is definitely cooked then

Aye, even worse than before.

Davearmy
11-08-2017, 10:28 PM

EVERY one of our players would walk right into your team.

toptoon
11-08-2017, 11:02 PM

Even if that were true - we have Rafa and you had... XD XD XD

ex_pat_magpie
12-08-2017, 09:45 AM

What a stupid statement to make Andy, even by your standards.

I'm willing to wager with you that we finish up higher in the Prem than you do in the Championship.

toptoon
12-08-2017, 10:31 AM
If he´s graduated from being called "Mackem Jack" to being "Ginger Jack", then he´s had a successful spell at Newcastle.

andyj73
12-08-2017, 10:56 AM
.. Yes, that's why one we had last year, who wasn't that good, has walked into yours ..

EVERY one of our players would walk right into your team.

andyj73
12-08-2017, 11:05 AM
XD XD

Andy i know you want to be team loyal but jesus XD Kone better than anyone we have in our squad, your talking out your arse mate.

.. If you were being honest, you would admit that you have a weaker squad than the one that took you down and the one which took us down. Both teams went down partly because of too many injuries ..

.. Personally, I don't think you will get relegated and will probably finish around 16th. Most teams with weak squads tend to suffer more in the second half of the season and I think you to buy in Jan. But any ****er with half a brain will realise that at the moment your squad is weak and relegation can not be ruled out, and the only player I would consider swapping for Kone is your striker. Shame he is injury prone ..

Jammy89
12-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Right - so Kone is better than Ritchie, Shelvey or Mitro (and i'm not his biggest fan these days) to name but three. As i said, talking out your arse. Personally in a championship context i think Clark is better than Kone as well, as is Elliot - in the context they'll play better than he would as they understand the league, to further clarify before anyone tries to put words in my mouth, i'm not saying their championship players as i think they are better than that and will be fine in prem.

I don't think the squad is weaker, that is me being honest. I think we have a less "quality" individuals - i'll agree there but as a squad i think we're strong because of the team spirit, work ethic and tactical nous that Rafa has instill in them. W

Many of our squad would walk into yours for this championship season.

andyj73
12-08-2017, 12:28 PM
Right - so Kone is better than Ritchie, Shelvey or Mitro (and i'm not his biggest fan these days) to name but three. As i said, talking out your arse. Personally in a championship context i think Clark is better than Kone as well, as is Elliot - in the context they'll play better than he would as they understand the league, to further clarify before anyone tries to put words in my mouth, i'm not saying their championship players as i think they are better than that and will be fine in prem.

I don't think the squad is weaker, that is me being honest. I think we have a less "quality" individuals - i'll agree there but as a squad i think we're strong because of the team spirit, work ethic and tactical nous that Rafa has instill in them. W

Many of our squad would walk into yours for this championship season.

.. Yes, Kone is better than Ritchie, Shelvey and Mitro. I can't see us keeping a hold of him but he will be sold for more than you would get for any of those three .. I wouldn't swap Cattermole for Shelvey. I like Ritchie, and Mitro would probably do better for us than he would in the Prem, but whether a lot of your players would get into our side is not the point ..

.. You admit you have less quality, then trot out the old team spirit thing which comes across that your opinion is based more on your heart than your head and seem to think Newcastle is the only club who will have this. Personally, I think you are more likely to be weighed down by expectation. You may have a good Championship squad, but you need more quality to get anywhere in the Prem. And you don't have enough of that. Rafa really showed his 'tactical nous' when he splashed out for a Championship players who he can't now get rid of ..

ex_pat_magpie
12-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Clattermule isn't a footballer, he's just a thug who disgraces even your strip.