PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Christiansen

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
09-08-2017, 11:55 PM
I know it's early, but is anyone else liking this guy?, seems a good down to earth bloke, and also is trying g to get the team to play attacking football, reminds me of the Grayson days! 👍😎

ozleeds
10-08-2017, 05:30 AM
I know it's early, but is anyone else liking this guy?, seems a good down to earth bloke, and also is trying g to get the team to play attacking football, reminds me of the Grayson days! ����

2 seconds and one first in his first 3 years management speaks for it's self clive. Best thing to have happened and shows red knows what he is doing.

whitestomper45
10-08-2017, 09:22 AM
2 seconds and one first in his first 3 years management speaks for it's self clive. Best thing to have happened and shows red knows what he is doing. Great start, not bad for a nobody from a nothing league :) Our defenders look much more confident going forward in the build up and the new signings wow bargains lots of competition (apart from Sacko whose going backwards even more)....great to watch far more positive approach, many teams will be on the backfoot against us this season.

Rev72
10-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Like him lots..like him even more if he gets us promoted :D

WTF11
10-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Great start, not bad for a nobody from a nothing league :) Our defenders look much more confident going forward in the build up and the new signings wow bargains lots of competition (apart from Sacko whose going backwards even more)....great to watch far more positive approach, many teams will be on the backfoot against us this season.

Well, now I have had the chance to watch the highlights (thankyou Sky!:mad:), it's good to be able to witness such positive attacking play. Thought Alioski was wonderful in his play and playmaking, especially the goal from Ekuban (good dummy from Saiz, very insightful land aware). Still not convinced about Wiedwald, he could have done better with their goal although the defenders weren't without blame either.

Was told when I was criticising Wiedwald that "it's only one game" but at least it was against Championship opponents. This was a good performance (apart from Sacko, just why he starts is beyond me), but it was against a fairly lack-lustre team from two divisions down, the game against Preston will tell us all much more about what we can expect from the rest of the season. If we do anywhere near as well at the weekend, then the rest of the Championship had better watch out.

Ozwhites
10-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Well, now I have had the chance to watch the highlights (thankyou Sky!:mad:), it's good to be able to witness such positive attacking play. Thought Alioski was wonderful in his play and playmaking, especially the goal from Ekuban (good dummy from Saiz, very insightful land aware). Still not convinced about Wiedwald, he could have done better with their goal although the defenders weren't without blame either.

Was told when I was criticising Wiedwald that "it's only one game" but at least it was against Championship opponents. This was a good performance (apart from Sacko, just why he starts is beyond me), but it was against a fairly lack-lustre team from two divisions down, the game against Preston will tell us all much more about what we can expect from the rest of the season. If we do anywhere near as well at the weekend, then the rest of the Championship had better watch out.

Yes Preston, Fulham and Sunderland coming up. Good test. After those we'll probably know whether we are a real contender or not.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
10-08-2017, 11:04 AM
The positive going forward though is we will have more defence options for these tougher games, jansson back will be a huge plus for us, if we could get helander or Flint that would also help, Bartley has just signed a new contract at Swansea so he ain't going anywhere I don't think. We probably have enough at leftback now so let's get another cb and I think the squad is then about right