PDA

View Full Version : Hammill

red syy
10-08-2017, 08:45 AM
According to Yorkshire post Sheffield utd to make a cheeky bid for barnsley winger Adam hammill...........

animallittle3
10-08-2017, 09:00 AM
It may not be as cheeky as we think considering his position at the club these days .

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 09:46 AM
I know it's a Sheffield club but he'd go with my blessing way Hecky has messed him about.

Exiletyke
10-08-2017, 09:50 AM
I know it's a Sheffield club but he'd go with my blessing way Hecky has messed him about.

It would be the last straw for me
Tell me one player of our current crop who has one ounce of his talent
He belongs here

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 09:53 AM
None Exile but it's Hecky that can't see it mate. All I'm saying is I wouldn't blame Hammill if he left.

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 09:56 AM
It's ok having talent but you've got to have the right attitude....

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 10:02 AM
What's wrong with a bit of arrogance and confidence in your ability? I'd be pissed if I was benched or taken off at a time in the season when the team was playing sh1te and we were at the time we played Newcastle.

animallittle3
10-08-2017, 10:22 AM
It would be the last straw for me
Tell me one player of our current crop who has one ounce of his talent
He belongs here

It's a tricky one is this .

There's nobody at the club with his match winning credentials as you say , it's fair to say we wouldn't be a championship club today if he hadn't returned to the club .

He almost single handedly grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck and got everyone bang at it , he was the catalyst .

The trouble is that doesn't count for too much today , your only as good as your last game as they say .

Whatever it is with Hecky it definitely goes deeper than a touch line spat against Newcastle last season , maybe that's not even anything to do with it .

They may not just like one another and it's as simple as that , we've all had this in our own working life , no particular reason other than human nature .

Hecky's tried to manage it knowing full well how popular Hammill is and his potential to the team on his day but as those days became infrequent last season the relationship becomes ever more difficult , who knows .

I know from what I've read Fergie couldn't stand Roy Keane and the feeling was mutual but Fergie knew he had to manage it because Keane performed and he knew dam well he couldn't replace him effectively .

Hammill didn't have the best of season's , maybe there's a connection with his relationship with Hecky .

Possibly the best thing all round is for the lad to move on and I say that with a heavy heart but nobody appears to be coming out of this too well as things stand today .

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 10:31 AM
I think I'd gamble with Hammill over Hecky. I'm not 100 per cent convinced with him as a manager. Hammill might be here longer than him. If he stays.

I'd also say that supposing Hammill does leave it might come back to haunt the club more than losing Hecky.

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 10:32 AM
What's wrong with a bit of arrogance and confidence in your ability? I'd be pissed if I was benched or taken off at a time in the season when the team was playing sh1te and we were at the time we played Newcastle.

It's not just attitude on the pitch it's off as well. Training , tours , players nights out plus his petulant public reactions towards Heckys decisions. On paper he should be the club captain and he always speaks well in interviews. It's all the other stuff.

He's a legend for what he's done here and had some massive moments in our history and I want him to stay.

But don't put it all down to Hecky messing him about him not playing.

His performances last season weren't good enough.

He's always been too good for Lg 1 but pretty average with the odd glimpse of brilliance at Championship level.

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Hecky is a pretty average at best Championship manager that doesn't know his best team either.

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
10-08-2017, 10:38 AM
I would personally tell the fritzl dolls heads to enquire elsewhere.
I can see him being a very important part of the squad this season and can't see any benefit of selling him whatsoever.

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Me neither Gwynn. It would be silly an alienate a lot of fans.

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Hecky is a pretty average at best Championship manager that doesn't know his best team either.

That's probably not far wrong , but as we're a low level Championship club who've just signed a new team it's not bad for us :O

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Surely when you're signing players though East Stand you do it with a semblance of this player fits in here and that player fits in there?

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Surely when you're signing players though East Stand you do it with a semblance of this player fits in here and that player fits in there?

Totally agree . Don't think Hecky has the final say though. He just helps compile the list of targets with the scouts and coaches

animallittle3
10-08-2017, 10:46 AM
For all we know Hammill could be an absolute bell end off the pitch and a nightmare .

Fecking quality footballer on his day though , tough choice this .

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
10-08-2017, 10:50 AM
To be fair though animal, I'm sure we've all laiked with bell ends we didn't like over the years and just got on with it.
Hammill may just as easily be a top bloke for all we know and he probably is.

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 10:51 AM
We'd have won more than 6 matches at home last season if Hammill had started all 23 home games.

animallittle3
10-08-2017, 10:58 AM
To be fair though animal, I'm sure we've all laiked with bell ends we didn't like over the years and just got on with it.
Hammill may just as easily be a top bloke for all we know and he probably is.

Some of his previous choices in life show more of a hint of bell end Gwynn .

But a Adam Hammill on top form is a wonderful sight , something has to give here and it shouldn't be the HC .

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
10-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Some of mine have as well animal and then I grew up(a little bit).

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Some of mine have as well animal and then I grew up(a little bit).

Emphasis on little bit !

anstonred
10-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Adam Hammill has been a star for us - he got us promoted, never forget! He himself says he didn't have a great season last year but always gives loads of effort each match
We should be behind him every step as he is a perfect fit for our club - it really would be the last straw for many, many fans

yorkshireborn
10-08-2017, 01:36 PM
to the youngsters Adam Hammill the hart of this club as Redfearn was to us as Glavin was to our oldies.

it would be a massive loss to our club if he was to leave.

conditionred
10-08-2017, 01:43 PM
We would miss him deerly.

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 01:56 PM
According to Yorkshire post Sheffield utd to make a cheeky bid for barnsley winger Adam hammill...........

Conor Coady pictured as he his challenged by Adam Hammill Barnsley is wanted by the blades.

Very cheeky indeed red syy ;D

Jules88
10-08-2017, 02:23 PM
It's a tricky one is this .

There's nobody at the club with his match winning credentials as you say , it's fair to say we wouldn't be a championship club today if he hadn't returned to the club .

He almost single handedly grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck and got everyone bang at it , he was the catalyst .

The trouble is that doesn't count for too much today , your only as good as your last game as they say .

Whatever it is with Hecky it definitely goes deeper than a touch line spat against Newcastle last season , maybe that's not even anything to do with it .

They may not just like one another and it's as simple as that , we've all had this in our own working life , no particular reason other than human nature .

Hecky's tried to manage it knowing full well how popular Hammill is and his potential to the team on his day but as those days became infrequent last season the relationship becomes ever more difficult , who knows .

I know from what I've read Fergie couldn't stand Roy Keane and the feeling was mutual but Fergie knew he had to manage it because Keane performed and he knew dam well he couldn't replace him effectively .

Hammill didn't have the best of season's , maybe there's a connection with his relationship with Hecky .

Possibly the best thing all round is for the lad to move on and I say that with a heavy heart but nobody appears to be coming out of this too well as things stand today .

I Agree, both player and Manager aren't delivering. Neither have set the world alight since January. If Hammill was scoring or assisting with loads of goals he could swagger.
But he isn't.

Old Goat
10-08-2017, 04:30 PM
I thought Hammill had a good game on Tuesday, admittedly against lower league opposition, but he put a shift in, got some decent balls into the box, and looked like the tricky player of old that we want to see. I'm not sure that having such an attack-minded full-back working the same flank helps Hammill's game, there were times when Yids looked to be getting under his feet. But whatever Hecky's feelings, we can't be selling Hammill unless it's silly money or a disciplinary issue. Hammill is one of our most experienced pro's and should be an automatic team selection for as long as he's in decent form.
As Leonard McCoy says: "when you're running the Kentucky Derby, you don't leave your prize stallion in the stable."

Romared
10-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Hammil did say in last week's Chronicle , He wanted to stay here , he also said he wouldn't join another club in this country ,he would rather move abroad , whatever you do Adam i hope it works out fine , i would like him to stay , he needs to get his act together though ,

pass_and_move
10-08-2017, 05:14 PM
I have every faith in him. He acted foolishly in the past but has since turned his life around by his own admission.

When he came back in November 2015, we needed him as much as he needed us. From that day onwards a strong bond was forged. it's obvious to me that he loves this club. It only reinforced that feeling when he signed the 2 year deal last summer.

I still standby that he is our best player. Last season was not the best for him but as I've said before he needed a consistent run of games to gather some form and momentum. He didn't get that unfortunately for whatever reason best known to Hecky. However, I feel he will deliver given a fair opportunity.

I was pi55ed off about him being benched against Bristol city. Hecky chucked in Mowatt and Potts. One player who is clearly playing out of position and the other a newby. It tells you summat does that.

I reckon hammills got his work cut out. Sad but true. Hope he stays and gets a run of games. He'll offer more than Mowatt that's for sure.

As Ponte Steve pointed out in an earlier post, would we have only won 6 home games last season if Hammill has been a regular? No is the answer for me, we'd a won a lot more. Instead we broke Ryan Kent's footballing virginity and it took him 20 games to get summat like..

Hammill would've done a lot more in my opinion given the same opportunity as Kent.

EastStandRed
10-08-2017, 06:52 PM
I don't think Hammill will go anywhere. He just needs to get his head down , train hard and play well .

He's an asset to the club off the field as he's great with the kids, fans and media .

Hopefully he'll move into coaching at the club once he's packed in playing

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 07:16 PM
I think you all should read the article in the yorkshire post again more closely ;D

Nozzer1953
10-08-2017, 07:18 PM
I think the original post has probably misread the Yorkshire Post (I hope so) and that it is Coady who Sheffield United are going to bid for

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Hallelujah praise the lord Nozzer :D

Suffolk Red
10-08-2017, 07:36 PM
Hope he stays he's a top player plus I've just paid £200 to have his shirt framed from Ipswich away last season for my lad .

Young_Nudger
10-08-2017, 07:53 PM
I think I'd gamble with Hammill over Hecky. I'm not 100 per cent convinced with him as a manager. Hammill might be here longer than him. If he stays.

I'd also say that supposing Hammill does leave it might come back to haunt the club more than losing Hecky.

Jeez !!!
An absolutely gob smacking post.
A manager that has got us to within one point of the playoffs with players from lower leagues - and some supporters believe a single player is more important to the club.
Incredible!!!
Just incredible!!!

Exiletyke
10-08-2017, 08:04 PM
I don't think Hammill will go anywhere. He just needs to get his head down , train hard and play well .

He's an asset to the club off the field as he's great with the kids, fans and media .

Hopefully he'll move into coaching at the club once he's packed in playing

Top post ESR
Totally agree

Ponte_Steve24
10-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Nudger tha as fickle as they come and float around like a fanny fart whichever way wind blows so i'll take owt you say with a pinch of salt mate :D

renno
11-08-2017, 06:30 AM
I might be way off the mark here but is the club big enough for 2 ego's? Does PH see Hammill as a threat to his standing at the club because of his relationship with the fans? In fairness to Hammill I think he's settled down alot over the last few years since his children came along.What baffles me is that he always puts a shift in, tracks back and genuinely looks like he gives a sh!t - yet Yiadom has acted and played like an ar$e in preseason and the first 2 games (In my opinion). I think what PH doesnt see is that if you reward that sort of attitude and behaviour it narks everyone else around you and workmates will start to lose faith in your decision making.

On the Yiadom front I would simply let him and his agent know that he would be rotting in the reserves for 12 months - sod the money - lets make an example of him (I did say this with Winnall as well). All the club is showing is that its a soft touch. This scenario will always crop up wit the blueprint we have so the sooner we start making examples of players the sooner theyll realise we can make as well as break your career.

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Agree Renno. Saido who? West Brom did the right thing! Has it cost them any perspective signings? No it hasn't.

Young_Nudger
11-08-2017, 07:58 AM
This thread is probably the daftest thread I've ever read on this message board.
Some of the comments here are beyond unbelievable.
Seriously - is this thread a joke thread ???

If not - then some fans have the memory of a goldfish.
There are some real problems with some on here if this is not a joke thread.

Surely no one needs to be reminded that It was only last January that Hecky built a team knocking on the door of the playoffs.
Have some on here already forgotten that this team was sold FFS !!!

That's no fault of Heckys - he wanted and said he wanted all those players to stay.
And as for comparing the value of Hammill to the club compared to Hecky - I'm actually reading those threads with my mouth wide open.
It's beyond unbelievable.

Let's get this straight - Hammill has been a fantastic player for the club - but he's lost a yard of pace - and unless things change he will be seen more of an impact player coming off the bench other than a player who starts and/or finishes the match.
Hence other wingers being brought into the club eg Potts, Barnes.

Hecky on the other hand is a manager that all owners and directors of other Championship clubs - big Championship clubs - will be monitoring very very closely.
For example - as Sunderland were - and as Sheffield Wednesday are likely to be if their manager gets the sack.

And to add to this - Hecky is one of our own.
He's loyal.
He's a Barnsley fan.
Other clubs like Sunderland have been looking at him and he's said he's staying.

How much more can a manager give before people on here start to recognise that fact???

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 08:12 AM
I wish I could dig a post out Nudger but I don't think you're that much of a Hecky lover ;D

renno
11-08-2017, 08:28 AM
I disagree with the pace thing nudger, I havent seen alot of Potts as we're only too games in but he looks quite slow/leggy - I might be proven wrong but they are my first thoughts.

Whilst no-one I would say argue with the job PH has done, the tactics and team selection at Bristol City were baffling to say the least. The decision to drop Hammill was - in my opinion - possibly letting personal feelings affect common sense judgement.

As I said last week on a post, PH for some unknown reason seems to have stopped having the team press high up the pitch, getting the ball into the flanks and getting balls into the box.

Ugbo has 20 goals in him this season if he gets the service

Whilst he did a cracking job in getting us promoted - we are not forever in his debt!

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Agree Renno. I think he might be developing a touch of the Flitcrofts. Instead of doing what got us here in the first place. He's started splitting the atom a bit too much.

yorkshireborn
11-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Nudger Hecky is and always has been a head coach nothing else he is not the manager

he is told how to 5h1t just like the rest of the coaches.

to be honest if we are bottom by new year he will be history or the next club that comes knocking.

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 01:26 PM
I'll say this as Fred Elliott used to say. I'll say this I bet Hecky won't get eight defeats in a row like Tom Thumb. I Bet he won't get eight games without a win. Difference being Championship football and the increased revenue it brings in.

Young_Nudger
11-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Nudger Hecky is and always has been a head coach nothing else he is not the manager

he is told how to 5h1t just like the rest of the coaches.

to be honest if we are bottom by new year he will be history or the next club that comes knocking.

Nope
Hecky is in a strong position- hence his outburst a couple of weeks ago after the Rotherham defeat.
He said then - that people at the club need to get their finger out and sign players - he couldn't say that if he was in a weak position.

Plus - after the directors sold a team from under him - a team that if they had got into the playoffs had a good chance of winning it - and from that receiving £100 MILLION from Premeirship status - then I can safely predict that if we are at the bottom of the league by May then Hecky will still be here.

As a result of what happened in January 2017 - Hecky has a free pass for the next two seasons.
The directors dare not do anything else.

Romared
11-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Nudger , who do you think is Signing these Players ?
A, The Board ?

B , Heckingbottom ?

C! Commitee @East Dene Working Mens Club ?

Answer C would be my guess the way things are going

SBRed48
11-08-2017, 03:55 PM
The role of "Head Coach" in England is just the same as the old school "Manager" unless there is someone called "Director of Football" sticking their oar in.

Barry Taylor greets visitors with tea and biscuits and goes on expenses- paid FA jollies

The French bloke does the admin

Mo delegates sumdi from his colleagues/ associates to put a day in for a fee

Patrick has his own issues to deal with more important than football.

I think the real decisions are made in the chipoyle queue at Daves in Doduth where av heard many experts who know mooar than anybody darn at Oakwell.

Jules88
11-08-2017, 04:05 PM
He's changing the way we play as we became too predictable. He's had to.
We became easy to stop after Conor left. No set piece screamers......no ""quality balls through" just "out to Kent/Hamill and a cross in" No nice interplay, no shots... nothing. And more tellingly..... no goals, and few points!
Even with Conor and Winnal we only had one style of play. The first goal against Morecambe was exquisite and shows what we can do. Watch it again! Hecky has to come up with a team that can adapt.
We've lost a full set of tools and now Heckys been given new tools and the manual has been read. He will be accountable now for the results. Wether or not he chose the tools. He will be fired or feted on what happens. What we as fans need to do is stop blaming where we are and get behind the team tommorrow.

Goals from attacking midfielders with " on the floor interplay " alongside the crosses ( that we persisted in all 5 months from January with very little goal tally) is the aim this season.
199 odd hours of football last season without a home win..... he's got to change the way we play. Because that wasn't working. And that was with Marley, Scowan, Yiadom, Kent. Taylor.
Ugbo, Bradshaw, Payne and Hedges, coupled with a few goals from midfielders may work.
I want the suits to calm the situation with the fans and come out and re affirm the policies, but let's give them 4 or 5 games to get an understanding between the 20 or so players we have.

in the meantime we won't help by moaning and groaning whilst the partners in this marriage get to know each other.

EastStandRed
11-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Agree with that Jules mate

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 05:24 PM
I agree but i'll still moan ;D

Exiletyke
11-08-2017, 05:29 PM
I agree but i'll still moan ;D

Me too Steve
It's what we do!