PDA

View Full Version : Clucas, why another midfielder?

1972Claret
10-08-2017, 02:58 PM
We will struggle to keep good players happy due to lack of game time. Would he be better than Cork, Defour, Westwood, Marney, or Hendrick? We need a fast forward, skilful intelligent forwards and wingers and cover for centre back. Another midfielder will create more problems than it solves even if there was a problem to solve.

sinkov
10-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Maybe one of our current CMs is on his way out. Despite Dyche and Defour having allegedly kissed and made up, it would be a surprise to me if Defour is still a Burnley player on September 1st.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 03:39 PM
We will struggle to keep good players happy due to lack of game time. Would he be better than Cork, Defour, Westwood, Marney, or Hendrick? We need a fast forward, skilful intelligent forwards and wingers and cover for centre back. Another midfielder will create more problems than it solves even if there was a problem to solve.

This kid can play wide left, centre mid or as an holding player and I think he would be an excellent addition.

SD got lambasted when we had only Dave Jones left once Marney got injured, now he wants nine midfielders and he still gets questioned! Jeez! :confused:

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Maybe one of our current CMs is on his way out. Despite Dyche and Defour having allegedly kissed and made up, it would be a surprise to me if Defour is still a Burnley player on September 1st.

I think Scotty Arfield is off to Canada on a full time basis.

In Dyche We Trust
10-08-2017, 04:41 PM
if we dont want to pay premier league wages we wont get premier lesgue players. We could have kept Gray if we matched watfords offer but thats not how this club works. Watford a hardly a bigger club than us so he only went for the money. He probably thought i wont win anythig with either club so might as well get paid as much as he can. Not many clubs would pay £18m for 9 goals in the PL so he will be off in a year or 2 or another 6 managers.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 09:12 PM
if we dont want to pay premier league wages we wont get premier lesgue players. We could have kept Gray if we matched watfords offer but thats not how this club works. Watford a hardly a bigger club than us so he only went for the money. He probably thought i wont win anythig with either club so might as well get paid as much as he can. Not many clubs would pay £18m for 9 goals in the PL so he will be off in a year or 2 or another 6 managers.

We could not force him to extend his contract. We took the only sensible option and smashed £18.5 million into the bank. He's gone, get over it! :?

oldcolner
10-08-2017, 09:31 PM
We could not force him to extend his contract. We took the only sensible option and smashed £18.5 million into the bank. He's gone, get over it! :?

Agree it was justified but Minus Brentford's sell on though estimated at £1.9M - a big Brucie bonus for them. (Still one for us too)

Is Scotty likely to leave, picking up the earlier comment? It was mentioned earlier on if the memory cell is working!

thedonz
10-08-2017, 10:00 PM
This is a young player , highly rated with Premier League experience. One for the future like Taylor. If we have the chance to sign him now why not grab it.

1972Claret
10-08-2017, 10:42 PM
This is a young player , highly rated with Premier League experience. One for the future like Taylor. If we have the chance to sign him now why not grab it.

He is 26/27, when do they stop being one for the future?
I, for one, am a bit sickened by the loss of game time that has started happening at the peak of professional's career. Why has Kevin Long agreed to be an understudy for another 3 years when he should be having a career he can tell his grandkids about? Why did Kights spends his best years warming our bench?

The Bedlington Terrier
11-08-2017, 06:40 AM
I, for one, am a bit sickened by the loss of game time that has started happening at the peak of professional's career. Why has Kevin Long agreed to be an understudy for another 3 years when he should be having a career he can tell his grandkids about? Why did Kights spends his best years warming our bench?

I think picking up about £1.5 million pounds sterling per annum, staying fit, looking good and travelling around in luxury might have something to do with it? :D

thedonz
11-08-2017, 07:10 AM
To be honest I thought he was younger. So slightly younger than Cork, approaching peak years as a professional footballer would be about right.

Clucas' next move for him will be a big decision. We are just the club for him for me.

army88
11-08-2017, 08:39 AM
To be honest I thought he was younger. So slightly younger than Cork, approaching peak years as a professional footballer would be about right.

Clucas' next move for him will be a big decision. We are just the club for him for me.

Sky sports said Hull were in the market for 1-2 midfield names which suggests he's moving probably
To us - there just putting there own house in order first.

I like this lad - think he could do well here for us --- Dyche will like him as he fits all the SD
Criteria.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Word coming into my earpiece is that two of our midfielders are soon to depart and neither of them are Defour.

army88
11-08-2017, 08:48 AM

Catch 22 that 72 claret ---- he needs to get his chance to get noticed and so move up the
Pecking order and money etc etc, if he's not really on clubs radars yet it's just the waiting game and luck of course.
Last time he got a chance he suffered the major injury at Newcastle which probably put him back 2/3
Seasons at a higher level.
Don't know if he's good enough yet --- though against Celta Vigo I was impressed with his
Overall performance and he s now playing for Ireland so maybe his stock will rise.

Kightly for me was inconsistent could do it but rarely did ---- wingers without pace are pointless
In this day and age , unless you have a special talent. ( he had neither --- that doesn't make him bad
In fact quite liked him when he was on his game ).

army88
11-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Word coming into my earpiece is that two of our midfielders are soon to depart and neither of them are Defour.

I'd guess Bt at Arfield and Westwood ( I just think Westwood will think I'm too far down the order now )

army88
11-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Can't understand why people want D4 out , best footballer we have had for many a year .
Dyche has the headache of finding a way of playing him in his system , without him being
Just a passenger.

I'm really hoping D4 stays anyway and really shows what he's capable of this year --- if he gets it right
Hell open a few eyes of the bigger boys I think.

1972Claret
11-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Can't understand why people want D4 out , best footballer we have had for many a year .
Dyche has the headache of finding a way of playing him in his system , without him being
Just a passenger.

I'm really hoping D4 stays anyway and really shows what he's capable of this year --- if he gets it right
Hell open a few eyes of the bigger boys I think.

I doubt anyone wants to see Defour go but we just don't see Shaun warming to him. He would be the first name on the team sheet for me.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-08-2017, 10:41 AM
I think Arfield and Ulvestad have already booked...

oldcolner
11-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Clucas not coming yet though, as Hull say they have turned down £7M

The Bedlington Terrier
11-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Clucas not coming yet though, as Hull say they have turned down £7M

Just playing the game oldcolner, just playing the game. :( That's the trouble when the selling club know that the buying club is loaded!

sinkov
11-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Just playing the game oldcolner, just playing the game. :( That's the trouble when the selling club know that the buying club is loaded!

If they knew just how loaded they'd be turning down £17m.

oldcolner
17-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Nixon reporting Hull want £20M for him!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4259481/hull-tell-burnley-sam-clucas-will-be-costly/

blueheeler1
17-08-2017, 11:06 AM
At 20M--next one please

WillPark
17-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Imo if you're after a clubs best players you do it early in the transfer window. Do it two weeks before the window closes and you ask for the price to double. As said in other treads I think Clucas would be a good fit to the squad. I for one will not be sad if Airfield, Ulvestad and (I know this might be like swearing in church) Marney went to other clubs.

1972Claret
17-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Imo if you're after a clubs best players you do it early in the transfer window. Do it two weeks before the window closes and you ask for the price to double. As said in other treads I think Clucas would be a good fit to the squad. I for one will not be sad if Airfield, Ulvestad and (I know this might be like swearing in church) Marney went to other clubs.

Nothing wrong with swearing in church but why on earth would you want to let Marney go?

The Bedlington Terrier
17-08-2017, 11:54 AM

Hull asking £20 million for Clucas is really taking the P i S S! Arfield and Ulvestad are IMHO both likely to leave in this window. Marney is going NOWHERE!

WillPark
18-08-2017, 06:48 AM
I know Marney is not going anywhere. He's a hard working decent footballer, but I don't get much joy from watching him play. I have no stats on this, and if there were any, I would probably be proven wrong: but I'd say 85% of the time Marney has control of the ball it's going towards his own goal.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-08-2017, 07:01 AM
Sorry to disagree Will, Marney has chalked up well over 200 league games for Burnley and has performed consistently well under three different managers. He is a proper footballer is Deano and I can't wait until he is available for selection again.

sinkov
18-08-2017, 08:01 AM
Best thing Brian Laws did for us, signing Dean Marney, although it didn't go down that well at the time.

SERVERNOTRESPONDING
18-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Looks like hes of to Swansea now !

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/premier-league-club-weigh-in-with-massive-bid-for-hull-city-star/

Supersub6
18-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Looks like hes of to Swansea now !

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/premier-league-club-weigh-in-with-massive-bid-for-hull-city-star/

Replacement for Sigurdsson? He may well replace him as a member of the squad, however, he is nowhere near the same quality as the Icelander and if Swansea are willing to pay an inflated price for him then best of luck to them.

sinkov
18-08-2017, 09:09 AM
I suppose Swansea could say it's Everton paying for him. At this stage of the season he's probably as good as they'll get.

oldcolner
18-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Swansea bid of £12 M turned down

Not the massive bid Nixon predicted is it!!

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/898501930?-919:978:0#out

sinkov
18-08-2017, 01:07 PM
That's true OC, and £12m isn't going to blow us out of the water. Clucas could still be on.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Replacement for Sigurdsson? He may well replace him as a member of the squad, however, he is nowhere near the same quality as the Icelander and if Swansea are willing to pay an inflated price for him then best of luck to them.

Spot on as usual Supersub6. :D

oldcolner
19-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Didn't play today as he's on his way to the PL
But which team?
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/hull-citys-clucas-set-premier-league-move

Manager ****sky said
I think there will be official information. It's his decision. I only listen to information - I don't take part in negotiations. I think a deal will be in some days."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/hull-citys-clucas-set-premier-league-move

In Dyche We Trust
19-08-2017, 09:48 PM
never swear in church

oldcolner
19-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Will have to call him sultsky in future. Funny how balls are ok though!