PDA

View Full Version : Are There Still 11,000 Dundee fans ?

deetox
10-08-2017, 11:52 PM
Well FFS back your team against the manks . . . . or just capitulate as usual.

Dens Park capacity is 11,850.

I would give Celtic fans 850 tickets only, maybe restricted to the enclosure.

With an 11,000 Dundee support on four sides you might have a chance.

What percentage is allocated to away fans at 60,832 Celtic Park ? 832 if you are lucky.

It's pay back time . . . and no spitting on stewards, intimidating officials, offensive banners or singing their
IRA songs, letting off flares which discourage Dundee fans who just want to back their team without the grief.

Show Nelms that attracting 11,000 Dundee fans is still possible.

This is your Cup Final, don't let them rule Dens.

ProvieRd
11-08-2017, 01:00 AM
It's not our cup final. We need to beat them and win a semi final to have our cup final.

BCram
11-08-2017, 09:24 AM

What percentage is allocated to away fans at 60,832 Celtic Park ? 832 if you are lucky.

It's pay back time . . . and no spitting on stewards, intimidating officials, offensive banners or singing their
IRA songs, letting off flares which discourage Dundee fans who just want to back their team without the grief.

just too much to hope for Deetox. It would be terrific if we could restrict them to the Shankly only. Disagree that this is our cup final. some team has to beat Celtic so why not us?

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 09:41 AM
One of the things I miss now is when a larger than expected crowd turns up at a game.

You cud probably guess every clubs attendance to within 10% this Saturday coming and if the crowd is more or less than expected its usually down to a higher/lower away support.

All ticket games seem to have stopped the the unexpected large crowd with the attendance already known afore the game is even played.

1987 when 19k odd turned up at dens for midweek derby is probably the last very large unexpected crowd.

Wud have loved to have been at hibs game when 30 odd turned up.

Em assuming that wasn't ticket and em assuming that kind of attendance wasn't expected?

deetox
11-08-2017, 11:10 AM

Em assuming that wasn't ticket and em assuming that kind of attendance wasn't expected?

I was at that Wednesday night Cup replay with a Hibbie mate in a jam-packed Derry.

Jocky Scott and Thomson Allen were outstanding that night.

GB72
11-08-2017, 02:04 PM
One of the things I miss now is when a larger than expected crowd turns up at a game.

You cud probably guess every clubs attendance to within 10% this Saturday coming and if the crowd is more or less than expected its usually down to a higher/lower away support.

All ticket games seem to have stopped the the unexpected large crowd with the attendance already known afore the game is even played.

1987 when 19k odd turned up at dens for midweek derby is probably the last very large unexpected crowd.

No queuing up twice in those days

deecom
11-08-2017, 04:52 PM

There is a lot more than 11,000 Dundee fans, the problem is there are only about 6000 Dundee supporters.
I could rattle off the names of twenty people who used to attend dens, most are now lost to football.
There are still Dundee fans, but out of that twenty, you might get a few going to a semi final, or a final (still hoping !)
Also if any of them on the off chance fancied seeing the Dee's again, the present ticket arrangements would put them off.

deetox
13-08-2017, 12:00 AM
There is a lot more than 11,000 Dundee fans, the problem is there are only about 6000 Dundee supporters.
I could rattle off the names of twenty people who used to attend dens, most are now lost to football.
There are still Dundee fans, but out of that twenty, you might get a few going to a semi final, or a final (still hoping !)
Also if any of them on the off chance fancied seeing the Dee's again, the present ticket arrangements would put them off.

Excellent summary. Nothing changes.

The fans are still there.
The team are doing their best against all odds.
There is a lack of transparency with the owners.
The ticket arrangements and prices are farcical.
The match-day experience is rubbish.

Deeranged
13-08-2017, 11:08 AM

You're saying that some of these lost fans might go to a semi or a final and I'll assume they'd also look at going to a big game like the recent derbies for example. You then say ticketing arrangements would put them off going but these games would be all ticket anyway so I can't see what the ticketing issue is, they'd need to get a ticket in advance same as everyone else.

I've said before that the whole entry 'inconvenience' is an excuse used by people that are just looking for one. You can walk up to Dens and buy a ticket for The Coxy without having to deviate your journey, same with Main Stand. You might have a slight detour if you want one for The Derry, but if you're that concerned about the extra walk you just go into Coxy or Main - same price.

You might need to queue for five minutes to get the ticket but once you have it the queue to get in is usually less than a minute - much less if you're smart enough to notice the queues in the Coxy are always shorter at the further away turnstiles. Rarely queues at the Main Stand turnstiles.

Shuntz
13-08-2017, 11:46 AM
I was at that Wednesday night Cup replay with a Hibbie mate in a jam-packed Derry.

Jocky Scott and Thomson Allen were outstanding that night.

It was a Monday night at the beginning of of March 74
Game was delayed by 45 minutes because of the crowd size

3 zip the Dee at Half time shooting towards the TCK end
The team was split up soon after which was a shame because that was the last really good Dundee side

Bob is correct Jocky was verging on world class that night

GB72
13-08-2017, 12:39 PM
You're saying that some of these lost fans might go to a semi or a final and I'll assume they'd also look at going to a big game like the recent derbies for example. You then say ticketing arrangements would put them off going but these games would be all ticket anyway so I can't see what the ticketing issue is, they'd need to get a ticket in advance same as everyone else.

I've said before that the whole entry 'inconvenience' is an excuse used by people that are just looking for one. You can walk up to Dens and buy a ticket for The Coxy without having to deviate your journey, same with Main Stand. You might have a slight detour if you want one for The Derry, but if you're that concerned about the extra walk you just go into Coxy or Main - same price.

You might need to queue for five minutes to get the ticket but once you have it the queue to get in is usually less than a minute - much less if you're smart enough to notice the queues in the Coxy are always shorter at the further away turnstiles. Rarely queues at the Main Stand turnstiles.

Disagree

Deeranged
13-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Disagree

I know.

Returnofrros
13-08-2017, 01:25 PM

It annoys me........and I've got a season ticket.��

Buckie wuda put anybody aff if that was their first game.

GB72
13-08-2017, 01:31 PM
I know.

Think we got 6600 against Ross County couple seasons back, 1600 difference this seasons

Loads of different reasons contributing to lesser crowds, but ticketing arrangements us definitely one..

No need whatsoever for stands to be all tix

Deeranged
13-08-2017, 01:35 PM
It annoys me........and I've got a season ticket.��

Buckie wuda put anybody aff if that was their first game.

All ticket for Buckie game was farcical.

Deeranged
13-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Think we got 6600 against Ross County couple seasons back, 1600 difference this seasons

Loads of different reasons contributing to lesser crowds, but ticketing arrangements us definitely one..

No need whatsoever for stands to be all tix

You know the reasons for ticket only turnstiles.

I reckon one cash turnstile in The Coxy could be easily justified - again for reasons that we all know it's not possible in The Derry.

GB72
13-08-2017, 02:01 PM

I reckon one cash turnstile in The Coxy could be easily justified - again for reasons that we all know it's not possible in The Derry.

Why cant adults pay cash i Coxy?

At every turnstyle?

GB72
13-08-2017, 02:03 PM

It should be possible in the Derry

Another stand that will never be full this season

shaded
13-08-2017, 02:33 PM
really is about time this q'ing twice to get in was looked at
absolute nonsense imo
last season i about turned twice and went home
buckie game this season i was about off again after standing in a q over 100 deep only to get a third from the front and the steward to say that there was actually 2 turnstiles open
anyone who defends the present entrance policy is sadly out of touch with the fans views

3k people desending on the club shop for a tkt would tip some overboard never mind 30k

Deeranged
13-08-2017, 02:52 PM
It should be possible in the Derry

Another stand that will never be full this season

You know full well that the safety certificate doesn't allow cash turnstiles in The Derry.

Deeranged
13-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Why cant adults pay cash i Coxy?

At every turnstyle?

It's been explained to you on here several times so I'm not doing it again. I reckon one would be justifiable and probably enough though.

GB72
13-08-2017, 03:01 PM
It's been explained to you on here several times so I'm not doing it again. I reckon one would be justifiable and probably enough though.

Wasnt that long ago that you thought every match at Dens should be all tix

Now your wanting a cash gate at one turnstyle

All im asking is why cant every turnstyle have a cash facillity?

The bobby cox wont be anywhere near to capacity at any game this season

Returnofrros
13-08-2017, 03:07 PM
You know full well that the safety certificate doesn't allow cash turnstiles in The Derry.

I wud doubt it says it on certificate but the certificate wud have been issued on that understanding between council and club.

Strangely all surges��, standing on seats�� and encroachment (luv that word) is either at all tic games or in the case of encroachment from the bobby cox.

Its surely time patg was looked at again from the deer but with so many Celtic, Utd and women councillors in Dundee I doubt this.

Been a bit of crushing apparently at the last two concerts at the waterfront.....that will be ignored though.....cant have anything said aboot the waterfront.

Returnofrros
13-08-2017, 03:09 PM
P.s mibbe said this afore but I've been in a crush.....at the national in lpool....terrifying.

How they get a safety certificate god only knows.

GB72
13-08-2017, 03:12 PM
P.s mibbe said this afore but I've been in a crush.....at the national in lpool....terrifying.

How they get a safety certificate god only knows.

No sure how folk entering with a ticket rather paying with cash, has an impact on safety?

Deeranged
13-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Wasnt that long ago that you thought every match at Dens should be all tix

Now your wanting a cash gate at one turnstyle

All im asking is why cant every turnstyle have a cash facillity?

The bobby cox wont be anywhere near to capacity at any game this season

You're spinning that and we both know it, I've never said I thought every game should be all ticket. I said I agreed with the club's ticketing policy after having the reasons for its implementation explained to me. I do however now believe that one cash turnstile in The Coxy would be justifiable.

The Bobby Cox was all but full against United last week, if we get them at Dens in The Scottish Cup it's likely to be there again.

Returnofrros
13-08-2017, 03:28 PM
No sure how folk entering with a ticket rather paying with cash, has an impact on safety?

At Dens it does.....more unsafe with a ticket.

Tickets do nothing to alter the safety of a stadium in a positive way, fixing stairs, tannoy and exit might though.....shud employ a stadium manager that's my suggestion....with all due respect.

GB72
13-08-2017, 03:33 PM
You're spinning that and we both know it, I've never said I thought every game should be all ticket. I said I agreed with the club's ticketing policy after having the reasons for its implementation explained to me. I do however now believe that one cash turnstile in The Coxy would be justifiable.

The Bobby Cox was all but full against United last week, if we get them at Dens in The Scottish Cup it's likely to be there again.

No spinning anything

You argued that you were happy that every stand was all ticket, and today you have again said fans are using it as an excuse not to go to Dens...

Shaded has said he went home because of the queing situation already this season (how many more are like that) ?

If the Bobby Cox is full to capacity for any league game this season it will be a miracle

Again il ask

Why not cash gates at every turnstyle in Cox rather just one?

Returnofrros
13-08-2017, 03:36 PM

Do you think the club shud approach dab council re Derry?

I think having to get a ticket wont put off most that post on here or Pravda but I think if you can be bothered to post on a fitba forum then dfc will mean a bit more to you than the boy in the pub at half two whose swithering about going.

I've honestly got Dundee supporting pals who go to 3 or 4 games a year who wud get over it in a weekend if dfc shut the doors.

We are making it easier and easier to stop these boys going instead of the opposite.

Deeranged
13-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Do you think the club shud approach dab council re Derry?

I think having to get a ticket wont put off most that post on here or Pravda but I think if you can be bothered to post on a fitba forum then dfc will mean a bit more to you than the boy in the pub at half two whose swithering about going.

I've honestly got Dundee supporting pals who go to 3 or 4 games a year who wud get over it in a weekend if dfc shut the doors.

We are making it easier and easier to stop these boys going instead of the opposite.

Of course they should approach the council. But given the stuff that's gone on during the derbies with people standing on seats I don't see the council, DAB or not, being happy to relax requirements.

As I've said before if it wasn't the double queue that puts people off going it would be something else, I want to go and will always find a reason to go - opposite applies to those that don't really want to go. Anybody that goes to the effort of getting to Dens and decides against going in because there's a queue at the ticket desk probably shouldn't be going to public events where queuing is normal. I've queued longer at ASDA checkouts than people have to queue to get tickets for Dens.

Would these guys be happier queuing for five minutes at a cash gate rather than the shop or would they about turn as soon as they saw the queue?

Do these guys remember queuing at a cash gate on Dens Road whilst there were season ticket holder only gates with nobody queuing at them? Did that stop them going? Same question to anyone that thinks ticket only turnstiles at Dens are new. I remember queuing for fif**** minutes to pay into Dens in the seventies - nobody complained, stamped their feet or went in the huff and walked away back then.

I think some people would only go if they could walk right in the exit doors and straight to their preferred seat unimpeded by anyone or anything.

shaded
13-08-2017, 05:42 PM
interesting no i never walked away when q'ing in the 70's 80's etc
however
when change is imposed then people can get a bit pished off,the 1st time i encountered q'ing for a tkt then again at a turnstile was at ross county,cant think of another entertainment avenue that does this,that in itself tells a story.

do you think the club would employ the same practice in the hospitality lounges? i doubt it

the stadium of light have cash gates on more than a few turnstiles even when the gate is in excess of 35k

ProvieRd
13-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Some years ago I came back from
living away and talked the family,wife and 2 kids into coming with me for dee v Perth Arabs.
Pocket full of cash thought no problem wander on down and get in. Nope.
Sent from turnstiles to buy tickets but by time went to shop queue was out the door and realisation £55 was about to be offski wife said let's go out for meal instead with kids.
Wife and one daughter never took second chance to go to dens though me and youngest bairn do. It may not put diehards off but after all these years nothing probably will. It will not encourage occasionals or new fans

GB72
13-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Of course they should approach the council. But given the stuff that's gone on during the derbies with people standing on seats I don't see the council, DAB or not, being happy to relax requirements.

As I've said before if it wasn't the double queue that puts people off going it would be something else, I want to go and will always find a reason to go - opposite applies to those that don't really want to go. Anybody that goes to the effort of getting to Dens and decides against going in because there's a queue at the ticket desk probably shouldn't be going to public events where queuing is normal. I've queued longer at ASDA checkouts than people have to queue to get tickets for Dens.

Would these guys be happier queuing for five minutes at a cash gate rather than the shop or would they about turn as soon as they saw the queue?

Do these guys remember queuing at a cash gate on Dens Road whilst there were season ticket holder only gates with nobody queuing at them? Did that stop them going? Same question to anyone that thinks ticket only turnstiles at Dens are new. I remember queuing for fif**** minutes to pay into Dens in the seventies - nobody complained, stamped their feet or went in the huff and walked away back then.

I think some people would only go if they could walk right in the exit doors and straight to their preferred seat unimpeded by anyone or anything.

There would be no queues if every turnstyle had a cash facillity...

Still no genuine reason why COX is all tix

Returnofrros
13-08-2017, 06:28 PM

I know what your saying in the above post, I do honest but we need a 1000 or so more regulars, we can do this as we have just lost 1000 or so regulars in the Last couple of years.

Even if we can persuade the 3 or 4 games a season guys to go to 7 or 8 it wud make a huge difference.

Its hard to get in the mindset of a 3 or 4 game a season guy but the board have got to try and do this to find ways of increasing the amount of games they attend.

Patg is easiest way, patg in Derry (nearest most of the pubs) is next easiest.

All imho.