PDA

View Full Version : Yiadom set to leave

EastStandRed
11-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Barnsley defender Andy Yiadom is on the verge of a move to Yorkshire rivals Huddersfield Town. A fee believed to be in the region of £2 million - the Reds’ valuation of the player - has been agreed with the Premier League new boys. The right-back recently snubbed a new deal at Oakwell due to his desire to play in the top flight.

Manager Paul Heckingbottom revealed the player was happy to run down his current contract, which expires at the end of the season, like he did at Barnet before moving to Oakwell. However, an unsanctioned TV interview by Yiadom - which Heckingbottom said “disappointed” him - has seemingly forced the club’s hand.

The player underwent his medical at the Terriers yesterday ahead of the move. The accepted bid was the third from Terriers boss David Wagner who was impressed with Yiadom’s debut season in the Championship last term. Heckingbottom labelled the first of those bids as “disrespectful”, before also rejecting a second offer.

Free agent Dimitri Cavare is one player the Reds are looking at as a potential replacement for Yiadom. Ironically, the 22-year-old was on trial at Huddersfield after French club Rennes let him leave.

Meanwhile, tomorrow’s game against Ipswich Town comes too early for Liam Lindsay, who is out with a foot injury, and Zeki Fryers (hamstring) and Lloyd Isgrove (foot) remain sidelined. Heckingbottom said: “I’m expecting Ipswich to set up not to concede when they come here. They play five at the back, but they’ve got youth and energy as well. They’re going to be really well organised.” Click here for the latest news from Oakwell

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley-fc/barnsley-2m-yiadom-poised-for-huddersfield-switch-after-medical-1-8696451?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DragonTyke
11-08-2017, 08:52 AM
its £1.8 million allegedly

POGGYWELL
11-08-2017, 09:22 AM
That's about right.

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 09:27 AM
That's how we should set up. Not to concede we should play 7 across the midfield to keep everyone happy ;D

Jules88
11-08-2017, 09:57 AM
According to the Daily Mail it's £3, and we are going to sign Cavare to replace him, who Wagnker said wasn't good enough.
What the Hell ??

Jules88
11-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Just in case I'm a bit biased against them in Blur and White.... here's his record of injuries.... hardly inspiring.

In January 2015, Cavaré agreed to join Stade Rennais F.C. at the end of the season. One month later, he suffered a severe ligament injury and was ruled out of action for the rest of the season. In the summer of 2015, he joined up with his new club but continued to suffer from his injury in the early stages of the 2015–16 season.

animallittle3
11-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Going to be a big miss is Andy Yiadom , hardly put a foot wrong since he came last summer .

Taken a right hammering the defence losing Robbo and Yiadom , don't get me wrong neither were John Stones top of the tree defenders but simply good solid championship stock .

What will be will be , waste of time getting wound up about what's occurring on Grove Street , feck em , what happens happens .

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Agree Animal I spout some sh1te on here. However, come saturday all I talk about is the match. I leave all the politics on here. When I'm watching the match I'm not thinking about whose replacing Yiadom etc.

animallittle3
11-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Agree Animal I spout some sh1te on here. However, come saturday all I talk about is the match. I leave all the politics on here. When I'm watching the match I'm not thinking about whose replacing Yiadom etc.

Steve , I can't helping feeling that the fans are getting the pyss ripped out of em mate which is why I'm taking a backward step with questioning where we are at today .

Getting slow timed , that's my gut instinct , I may be wrong but that's how I feel .

Fuq em pal .

SBRed48
11-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Steve , I can't helping feeling that the fans are getting the pyss ripped out of em mate which is why I'm taking a backward step with questioning where we are at today .

Getting slow timed , that's my gut instinct , I may be wrong but that's how I feel .

Fuq em pal .

My worry is that Hecky starts thinking like thee.

animallittle3
11-08-2017, 11:43 AM
My worry is that Hecky starts thinking like thee.

He already does SB reading between the lines , only thing keeping him here are his tarn credentials and PC 's illness in my opinion .

EastStandRed
11-08-2017, 12:48 PM
He already does SB reading between the lines , only thing keeping him here are his tarn credentials and PC 's illness in my opinion .

And his 6 figure salary and the chance to manage in the championship when he was a U23 coach less than 2 yrs ago going nowhere

Romared
11-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Failed Medical ???

anstonred
11-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Yiadom fee will, I predict, be undisclosed - the Mirror says £3.5 mill, others (including on here) say £3 mill, £2 mill, £1.8 mill - a big difference! I thought he was an ok player but nothing remarkable (especially defending) - still, what do I know? I rated Jacison until the Rotherham match!

DOOALI
11-08-2017, 05:03 PM
I have put some sh+the posts on lately because I was just pi++ed off with all these midfielders being signed but I still think the club are taking the wrong way in their transfer dealings

Romared
11-08-2017, 05:19 PM
Failed Medical ???

:O

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 05:48 PM
If he's failed a medical it's because he wasn't fit enough. That has to be down to Barnsley training methods. The lads had a full pre season afterall. This may also answer why Isgrove, Fryers and Lindsay are out injured. You pick up injuries easier through lack of fitness. Is this why we've signed so many midfielders? What medicals are we doing if Mcgeehan passes it n' needs time? Why isn't Mallan in the reckoning despite being tipped to be the next Hourihane and getting rave reviews north of the border? If they aren't fit they shouldn't be signed. Sparks of desperation to me.

Romared
11-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Cast your mind back to the Fowls game , Yiadom wa on an off pitch plenty of times , he was on a run past that player they paid a fortune to Boro for ? He couldn't catch Yids fairly , so pulled him back with the arm he had been treated on , missed rest of season and needed an operation

Acido
11-08-2017, 07:25 PM
I think hes finished with us now regardless of this failed medical, whether its to a Premier or Champship club.

animallittle3
11-08-2017, 10:26 PM

Aye its a dream job so it is .