PDA

View Full Version : Tony Pullis

soulman101
11-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Has signed a new 2 year extension to his contract. https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2017/august/pulis-agrees-contract-extension/

Joy_Division
11-08-2017, 09:03 AM
Personally Im glad as he is probably the only manager about who can keep the current crop of players in this division. But there are gonna be an awful lot who aint happy unfortunately.

boingy
11-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Great news. Tony is a steady ship and has never been a "gung ho" type of manager, thats what we need at this club. My only disappointment is that our billionaire owner hasnt been more positive with the cash, I would have loved to see at least 3 top quality big names in the squad. As it is Tony works great with what he is given. I will never forget Blackpools season in the prem, they took the league by storm the first half of the season but got relegated because of their lack of defensive nous. No chance of that happening wth Tony.

Bombers right foot
11-08-2017, 10:21 AM
Really Boingy? in 2017 (19 games) we kept 3 clean sheets conceding 30 goals, so much for his defensive nous, how on earth we finished 10 I don't know , this season well we all wait and see what happens with the miracle five incoming transfers, we now have not one but two dinasours in charge shouting and bawling for the full 90 mins.

WBA53
11-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Even more bad news,opinions ay it?

phild
11-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Any new regime almost always results in a managerial change, simply because they want the club to battle for higher achievement. Not changing Pulis meant the message was clear, that we have no major appetite or ambition for higher achievement, but to continue in our battle to stay in the Premiership - and thats as good as its always gonna be with Pulis.

SwedishBaggie
11-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Really Boingy? in 2017 (19 games) we kept 3 clean sheets conceding 30 goals, so much for his defensive nous, how on earth we finished 10 I don't know , this season well we all wait and see what happens with the miracle five incoming transfers, we now have not one but two dinasours in charge shouting and bawling for the full 90 mins.

We finished tenth because our start of the season was good (and to be honest, very good) enough, simple. Psychologically it is no surprise at all with our poor finish of the season, it is what happens when you have "an everything else over-shadowing goal" (40 p and safety), and reach it, after some (only) 27-28 rounds. Everything otherwise would have been surprising, esp with experienced players who are not driven by juvenile enthusiasm.

saltnshake
11-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Would you call Conte and Klopp dinasours after all they both do the same as Pulis with far better players, as far as the contract extension goes at the moment it suits both parties neither show a lot of ambition but i hope to be proved wrong.

holmleighchris
11-08-2017, 01:26 PM
There is good news: the contract extension is only one year not 2, taking him through to the end of 2018/19.

BaggieBlood
11-08-2017, 01:40 PM
This is great news imo.

If he hadn't had the massive payout to palace, I could see him walking out like he did there and we'd be in a right mess then.

I bet he puts in his contracts that he gets paid his staying up bonus on the day safety is mathematically assured these days.

Johnny on the spot 1
11-08-2017, 01:40 PM
That will pay his 3 million fine off to palace .

BaggieBlood
11-08-2017, 01:44 PM
That will pay his 3 million fine off to palace .

Unfortunately for our Tone, JOTS the payout after costs was reported to have been over £5m.

That's got to hurt, whatever you earn.

WBA1955
11-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Chuffed'we'have'a'manager'who'wants'to'build'the'c lub'for'the'future,unlike'fly'by'nights'like,Hodgs on,'Atkinson,Ardiles'and'mumbling'
Mumbling'Mowbray

Johnny on the spot 1
11-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately for our Tone, JOTS the payout after costs was reported to have been over £5m.

That's got to hurt, whatever you earn.

Thats big S hit blood more than we pay for a player 😭

baggieal
11-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Chuffed'we'have'a'manager'who'wants'to'build'the'c lub'for'the'future,unlike'fly'by'nights'like,Hodgs on,'Atkinson,Ardiles'and'mumbling'
Mumbling'Mowbray

Could not agree more!

Dubbag
11-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Is this one of our 5 signings that has been talked about?.....:P
Our Tone is going to have to start spending some of that £50M soon!!!!

baggieal
11-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Great news. Tony is a steady ship and has never been a "gung ho" type of manager, thats what we need at this club. My only disappointment is that our billionaire owner hasnt been more positive with the cash, I would have loved to see at least 3 top quality big names in the squad. As it is Tony works great with what he is given. I will never forget Blackpools season in the prem, they took the league by storm the first half of the season but got relegated because of their lack of defensive nous. No chance of that happening wth Tony.

Good and sensible post Boingy. The whingers like bombers broken foot though will crave ***y Barcelona style football but sadly, there's no ***y Barcelona style pot of gold. There is though a free bottle of lager or cider so that's all your getting from our chinese friend!

Chinkys are now banned in our house until further notice!