PDA

View Full Version : New Signing Today

Skolcorner
11-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Like a few others on here I thought Brad Smith's departure might have indicated we were on the verge of another signing. Quinn for example, but nothing so far. Anybody heard of anything in the pipeline?

offshore_arab83
11-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Hopefully a target man as well as Quinn. Severely lacking height and strength, McDonald cannot and has never played as a sole striker, he feeds of the scraps and for this to work we need a target man.

huntedbyafreak
11-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Hopefully a target man as well as Quinn. Severely lacking height and strength, McDonald cannot and has never played as a sole striker, he feeds of the scraps and for this to work we need a target man.

Agree with needing a target man but I always thought of McDonald as the type of striker who is really good with his back to the goal. I think he probably can play as a line striker. He's good at holding the ball up and knocking it off the players coming through.

Otm_Shank
11-08-2017, 10:11 AM

Yea I'd like a bit more height. Not necessarily for punt it up style play but for a bit more physicality

TerryTheTerror
11-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Agree with needing a target man but I always thought of McDonald as the type of striker who is really good with his back to the goal. I think he probably can play as a line striker. He's good at holding the ball up and knocking it off the players coming through.

Yeah, McDonald is quite short but he times long balls really well so that he can chest or lay them off with his feet.

Skolcorner
11-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Would you have Goodwillie back just for this season?

tHeArAb
11-08-2017, 01:00 PM
No

TerryTheTerror
11-08-2017, 01:11 PM

Goodwillie from before he left us first time, yes. That's not the player he is anymore though so, nae danger.

USArab
11-08-2017, 02:09 PM

Nope!

Look at the success/failure rate of returning ex players, Goodwillie is not the answer, he's carrying too much personal baggage too.

Chick A Saw
11-08-2017, 08:12 PM
So no new signing today!

Arab59
11-08-2017, 09:04 PM
So no new signing today!

Any rumour about striker we're after?

LSArab
11-08-2017, 11:07 PM
We have had some bad publicity recently but resigning Goodwillie would be in a different league altogether

More than anything his years of not applying himself as a footballer have caught up with him and he's not good enough for even the Scottish championship anymore.

In his day he was a brilliant player for united but that day has been and gone

dundeeunitedfc83
11-08-2017, 11:48 PM
Quinn signing this morning, could be in squad

ianharab
12-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Saying a deal till January , seems a bit strange

Chick A Saw
12-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Saying a deal till January , seems a bit strange

Sounds more like a reaction to the Scobbie injury rather than being wanted.

Arabdownsouth
12-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Sounds more like a reaction to the Scobbie injury rather than being wanted.

Hardly, he's been training with us all summer and can't play left back

stokearab
12-08-2017, 11:48 AM

Just a complete guess but maybe a short deal suits both parties. Bizarre otherwise. Bit of a headscratcher but maybe the club will explain it

Arabdownsouth
12-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Just a complete guess but maybe a short deal suits both parties. Bizarre otherwise. Bit of a headscratcher but maybe the club will explain it

Still not signed as yet. Anyone else concerned that we have absolutely no defensive cover today?

Chick A Saw
12-08-2017, 12:05 PM

Didnt stop other players being played on their wrong side when it was obvious to all they should never have been! And Scobbie has been played on the right with us this season already and did ok! Maybe Quinn is a similar adaptable player who can use his experience to make it work, although we have Robson for LB.