PDA

View Full Version : mccann/haber

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 09:48 AM
How did McCann get Haber back onside to put in his best ever performance in a Dee shirt?

Good management, players determination to stick one up the man? A bit of both?

He didn't duck the question when fat sally asked him on Bt sport.

Don't think there was any coming in from the cold with ph or The Bomber, em thinking ggh and noahs best pal.

So good management? Player desire? Lucky management? ****e opposition?

Em going A & B with B being being dragged oot o him by Mccann.

legendno9
11-08-2017, 10:32 AM
What did mcoist ask and what did McCann reply?

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 10:47 AM
What did mcoist ask and what did McCann reply?

Cant mind word for word but roughly

Mcoist asked why Haber hadn't been playing when he cud play like that

Nm replied that he didn't mind telling folk him and Marcus had issues/run ins but I know what he can do and I get so frustrated.

I wanted him to ram my words down my throat and show he was worthy of a place. I'm delighted for him.

BCram
11-08-2017, 11:21 AM
imo NM managed to get the message across that the team could play without Haber, using Moussa instead. When Moussa got injured NM had already got Haber to realise that he could not be guaranteed his place and the rest is history.

Hopefully this shows the potential quality of NM and a degree of sophistication in managing players that PH didn't have. Wouldn't agree that Bomber had the same weakness but I don't know who Noah's best pal is!

noahrab
11-08-2017, 12:08 PM
imo NM managed to get the message across that the team could play without Haber, using Moussa instead. When Moussa got injured NM had already got Haber to realise that he could not be guaranteed his place and the rest is history.

Hopefully this shows the potential quality of NM and a degree of sophistication in managing players that PH didn't have. Wouldn't agree that Bomber had the same weakness but I don't know who Noah's best pal is!

I've loads of best pals but no impeccable sources :)

The fact der bomber has never been a 'manager' since he was bulleted from us speaks volumes.

No one knows what happened with GGH, der bomber was just being a pryck and showing complete lack of any management nous and NH just thought Habers application could be better.

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 12:12 PM

I was thinking of big rab the car share friend��

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 12:14 PM

The fact der bomber has never been a 'manager' since he was bulleted from us speaks volumes.

No one knows what happened with GGH, der bomber was just being a pryck and showing complete lack of any management nous and NH just thought Habers application could be better.

Em just jealous that meh best pal isnae as glamorous��

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 12:15 PM

Good management from McCann then?

BCram
11-08-2017, 12:35 PM
I was thinking of big rab the car share friend��

Forgot about that. I would have to mark that down as an example of caveman management style.

noahrab
11-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Good management from McCann then?

Its just what you'd expect from a manager.

BCram
11-08-2017, 12:39 PM
The difference is NM acted in a way that had a very positive result for the club. I'm hopeful that this shows him in a very good light and it will help him with managing our team to success.

BCram
11-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Its just what you'd expect from a manager.

Could this be a sealion speaking through gritted teeth?:O

shaded
11-08-2017, 01:03 PM

OYF im away to get the popcorn in,this has the makings of a long thread

Taintedice
11-08-2017, 01:41 PM
The difference is NM acted in a way that had a very positive result for the club. I'm hopeful that this shows him in a very good light and it will help him with managing our team to success.NM acted in a way the fans were desperate for in that particular game - physical and direct against a very weak opponent i.e. putting in Haber. This was forced on him from what I can see, so jury still out for me.

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 01:54 PM
NM acted in a way the fans were desperate for in that particular game - physical and direct against a very weak opponent i.e. putting in Haber. This was forced on him from what I can see, so jury still out for me.

His hand was forced somewhat but if he was a stubborn bugger he wuda went one up top, still had to do what was best for the team and he made that decision.

As an aside I think ill find it much easier to forgive mccanns mistakes when he makes them as he comes across so well and so clearly when discussing the team.

There seemed to be a huge togetherness amongst the team on weds Tha hasn't been evident since NM first couple of games.

That in itself wont make you a good manager but fostering this "why not Dundee", "winners mentality" wont do any harm.

I always got the feeling ph was in it for ph, I sense off McCann hes in it for the club and personal ambition maybe a distant 2nd.

Just my opinion though.

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 01:56 PM

Oh god you've used the s word.��

noahrab
11-08-2017, 02:01 PM
OYF im away to get the popcorn in,this has the makings of a long thread

Awe, got a wee stiffy?

Bless.

noahrab
11-08-2017, 02:06 PM
His hand was forced somewhat but if he was a stubborn bugger he wuda went one up top, still had to do what was best for the team and he made that decision.

As an aside I think ill find it much easier to forgive mccanns mistakes when he makes them as he comes across so well and so clearly when discussing the team.

There seemed to be a huge togetherness amongst the team on weds Tha hasn't been evident since NM first couple of games.

That in itself wont make you a good manager but fostering this "why not Dundee", "winners mentality" wont do any harm.

I always got the feeling ph was in it for ph, I sense off McCann hes in it for the club and personal ambition maybe a distant 2nd.

Just my opinion though.

Don't get this 'managers in it for themselves' nonsense.

Managers ultimately are only successful if their team is successful.

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Don't get this 'managers in it for themselves' nonsense.

Managers ultimately are only successful if their team is successful.

Its just a feeling I got off McCann, like his managerial path had been mapped oot plus always trying to see things in players others couldn't.

Example I don't get the feeling Brenda is using tic as a stepping stone but got the feeling waghorn was.

Oops that shud read ph.

Ffs cracking up meant warburton

Taintedice
11-08-2017, 02:22 PM

Just my opinion though.His team against Ross County smacked of I know best. He didn't. Not to say fans know best, but we're not mugs, we know what we're seeing. The team which started the season proper would have struggled on Wednesday, imo, could have been ET and pens. My mood lifted tremendously when I saw El Bak and Haber were starting. I expect to see them both on Saturday, much tougher game as well.

Taintedice
11-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Its just a feeling I got off McCann, like his managerial path had been mapped oot plus always trying to see things in players others couldn't.

Example I don't get the feeling Brenda is using tic as a stepping stone but got the feeling waghorn was.

Oops that shud read ph.

Ffs cracking up meant warburtonMcCann has one managerial gig in his locker, this is it. Then it's back to punditry. Bit like Neville and Shearer, dip the toe in the water but that's it.

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 02:28 PM
His team against Ross County smacked of I know best. He didn't. Not to say fans know best, but we're not mugs, we know what we're seeing. The team which started the season proper would have struggled on Wednesday, imo, could have been ET and pens. My mood lifted tremendously when I saw El Bak and Haber were starting. I expect to see them both on Saturday, much tougher game as well.

So do you think he shud/will restore odea?

I just thought against county one up top wuda worked better with McGowan in the team although the team he picked Tha day was the team I wuda picked.

He got it wrong although there was plenty underperformers last Saturday....we were better after McGowan came on admittedly with county sitting in holding what they had.

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 02:29 PM
McCann has one managerial gig in his locker, this is it. Then it's back to punditry. Bit like Neville and Shearer, dip the toe in the water but that's it.

Very surprised you think this way.

Any reason why?

BCram
11-08-2017, 02:59 PM
McCann has one managerial gig in his locker, this is it. Then it's back to punditry. Bit like Neville and Shearer, dip the toe in the water but that's it.

Never sure how much fun it can be working as a pundit. It seems to be very demanding and very time consuming.

I hope your assessment of NM is wrong. Think Neville and Shearer found out for themselves that they were poor managers and they were glad to get out. If we are NM's only gig, it would seem to imply that he will give up because it ended in failure, or perhaps the experience made him disillusioned with managing a team and he chose to walk away. Still don't really understand why he took the job and gave up being a pundit.

jdfc
11-08-2017, 03:01 PM
If he brings success to Dens Park, the job offers will come, if he plods along at PH pace, then it's back to the studio in about 18 months, I hope and think it will be the first senario

Deeranged
11-08-2017, 05:45 PM

Oops that shud read ph.

Ffs cracking up meant warburton

Senility?

Deeranged
11-08-2017, 05:46 PM

You got this week's lottery numbers?

Taintedice
11-08-2017, 07:00 PM
So do you think he shud/will restore odea?

I just thought against county one up top wuda worked better with McGowan in the team although the team he picked Tha day was the team I wuda picked.

He got it wrong although there was plenty underperformers last Saturday....we were better after McGowan came on admittedly with county sitting in holding what they had.O'Dea will always start and I think Waddell will make way even though he was tremendous on Wed. I'm a McGowan fanatic, never seen us play well without him, others may have a different opinion. Wolters and O'Hara are impact players until proven otherwise. Need something on Saturday, Wednesday is now irrelevant.

Taintedice
11-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Very surprised you think this way.

Any reason why?his reluctance to take the job when offered, why did he change his mind? He was well paid at Sky and I think the door will always be open for him there. Plus Dundee managers never go on to higher things in the game. I'm happy he's at Dens but I do think his escape route is already planned.

Taintedice
11-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Never sure how much fun it can be working as a pundit. It seems to be very demanding and very time consuming.

I hope your assessment of NM is wrong. Think Neville and Shearer found out for themselves that they were poor managers and they were glad to get out. If we are NM's only gig, it would seem to imply that he will give up because it ended in failure, or perhaps the experience made him disillusioned with managing a team and he chose to walk away. Still don't really understand why he took the job and gave up being a pundit.I've not made any assessment of NM other than saying I'm glad he backtracked on Haber albeit forced? And that he got it wrong with McGowan. And that playing two wide men against County with only Moose in the middle was a mistake. I am as desperate for him to succeed as we all are.

Taintedice
11-08-2017, 07:27 PM
You got this week's lottery numbers?Feel free to pick me up on this further down the line.

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 07:40 PM
his reluctance to take the job when offered, why did he change his mind? He was well paid at Sky and I think the door will always be open for him there. Plus Dundee managers never go on to higher things in the game. I'm happy he's at Dens but I do think his escape route is already planned.

As most failed managers end up in punditry (usually radio Scotland) and most managers fail its not a wild assumption but I think Neil McCann has no intention of failing and has too much integrity to have an escape route planned but don't disagree he might end up back on sky.

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Senility?

I support Dundee......what else wud you expect.��

BCram
11-08-2017, 07:42 PM
I've not made any assessment of NM other than saying I'm glad he backtracked on Haber albeit forced? And that he got it wrong with McGowan. And that playing two wide men against County with only Moose in the middle was a mistake. I am as desperate for him to succeed as we all are.

Thought that you were saying that this would his only managerial appointment. Glad you are hoping that he will do well for us. I think he's shown more flexibility of thinking than one might have expected from a novice manager. Hopefully he's thought things out and not been reading /picking up the thoughts from here.:)

Taintedice
11-08-2017, 07:57 PM
As most failed managers end up in punditry (usually radio Scotland) and most managers fail its not a wild assumption but I think Neil McCann has no intention of failing and has too much integrity to have an escape route planned but don't disagree he might end up back on sky.What is the target for this season hence what is failure. 3 full houses on the box, bills paid? I'm still raging that Hartley gave duds 3 year deals. So NM is handicapped but he's been given a bit of backing. My belief is he's committed but has that 'out' at Sky. Not my preferred set-up.

Taintedice
11-08-2017, 08:17 PM
Thought that you were saying that this would his only managerial appointment. Glad you are hoping that he will do well for us. I think he's shown more flexibility of thinking than one might have expected from a novice manager. Hopefully he's thought things out and not been reading /picking up the thoughts from here.:)This is his only managerial job, hopefully for many years. The reality is he will favour his signings over and above what's already there. Moussa over Haber, McGowan dropped for wha, I'm not convinced. He is a pundit, time to be a manager.

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 08:25 PM
What is the target for this season hence what is failure. 3 full houses on the box, bills paid? I'm still raging that Hartley gave duds 3 year deals. So NM is handicapped but he's been given a bit of backing. My belief is he's committed but has that 'out' at Sky. Not my preferred set-up.

Failure wud be a prolonged serious relegation battle.

7 clubs cud well be involved this year but by prolonged I mean not being relatively safe by say end of February.

Success would be top 6 and a semi final and mibbe a couple of big scalps and a much better home record.

Em still a bit nervous about the spending and people seem to expect the yanks to keep throwing money at it.....another striker, another centre back......i wud rather do without than overspend.

BCram
11-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Target one game at a time. Failure would be getting relegated. Beating Aberdeen, Hearts Hibs StJohnstone and the OF at Dens would be a major step forward IMO.

Deeranged
11-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Feel free to pick me up on this further down the line.

I'm thinking shorter term and want to win the lottery now.

Taintedice
11-08-2017, 08:41 PM
It's a fight to survive this season, rookie manager, new players, not seeing anything other than a hopeful 9th.

Taintedice
11-08-2017, 08:44 PM
I'm thinking shorter term and want to win the lottery now.Then buy a ticket.

Returnofrros
11-08-2017, 08:54 PM
It's a fight to survive this season, rookie manager, new players, not seeing anything other than a hopeful 9th.

I believe the board and Neil McCann wudnt be best pleased with that.

Em sticking with 6th, will know more in a few weeks.

BCram
11-08-2017, 09:13 PM

Agree with you, but hopeful that we add a run in the Scottish Cup to go with this, and the potential for an upset by beating Celtic in the League Cup.

Taintedice
11-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Could be worse, you could be claiming the first victory in world football whereby both teams took equal share after the 90, then you could be claiming other teams haven't won much when your own club is 90YYWFA. 90 years since the doon club have won the right to be in the big league, imagine that. 90 years since they've won the 2nd tier. 90. 50 attempts at it as well.

BCram
12-08-2017, 09:29 AM
I believe the board and Neil McCann wudnt be best pleased with that.

Em sticking with 6th, will know more in a few weeks.

are there odds for the Dee's finishing 6th? I'm much more pessimistic than you at the moment, maybe we will get a pointer at Hamilton today.

Returnofrros
12-08-2017, 11:04 AM
are there odds for the Dee's finishing 6th? I'm much more pessimistic than you at the moment, maybe we will get a pointer at Hamilton today.

Around 7/2 for top 6.

Wud be much bigger if you were actually stating 6th place finish.

Returnofrros
12-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Just had another look odds range from 11/4 - 9/2 for top 6.

Returnofrros
12-08-2017, 11:14 AM
22/1 top 3��

11/2 to finish in dab land.

Arabdownsouth
12-08-2017, 05:32 PM
22/1 top 3��

11/2 to finish in dab land.

Bet that's come down a wee bit tonight ya mug 😂

ABERFELDYDEE
12-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Bet that's come down a wee bit tonight ya mug ��

Phuckin raginXDXD

Arabdownsouth
12-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Phuckin raginXDXD

Laughing like ****, love the way you lot pipe right ****ing down after ya get beat 😂

Returnofrros
12-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Bet that's come down a wee bit tonight ya mug ��

������

Do you me Doon a wee bit like Granville or really Doon like the dabs��

Arabdownsouth
12-08-2017, 05:55 PM
������

Do you me Doon a wee bit like Granville or really Doon like the dabs��

😂😂

SmedDUm
12-08-2017, 11:45 PM

Did you get your pointer ok?
A no pointer.
Better with the money in your pocket I think.
Unless check out the odds for DoonDee.

DerryRhumba72
13-08-2017, 12:14 AM
Laughing like ****, love the way you lot pipe right ****ing down after ya get beat 😂

Is there something wrong with you, you phucking bellend?

We're in the league above.

We destroyed you 4 days ago.

You're in the league of fun,

Suck it up and shut yer idiotic DAB pus.

Prick.

DerryRhumba72
13-08-2017, 12:30 AM
A no pointer.

SmedDOon, this is becoming a weekly occurrence.

You come on here, cock in hand, smashing yourself off about the big team after today's defeat, yet nothing from you on Wednesday night?

We've lost our first couple of league games. **** happens, we move on to next week.

We phucking ruined you idiots last Wednesday though, and you know it.

billymorgan
13-08-2017, 09:58 AM

You come on here, cock in hand, smashing yourself off about the big team after today's defeat, yet nothing from you on Wednesday night?

We've lost our first couple of league games. **** happens, we move on to next week.

Wonder if smelldoon went home and sobbed like a wee fairy into his mummy's lap on weds like he did after the doon derby XD

ABERFELDYDEE
13-08-2017, 10:04 AM
A no pointer.
Is that the wifi back up and running?XDXD

ABERFELDYDEE
13-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Laughing like ****, love the way you lot pipe right ****ing down after ya get beat ��

The froots are taking a pounding on this thread XD

offshore_arab83
13-08-2017, 11:02 AM

How do i get the feeling your really unhappy lol

DerryRhumba72
13-08-2017, 11:40 AM
How do i get the feeling your really unhappy lol

You'd be correct, just seen my team take 3 off Hamilton, which is not ideal. Then we have cocks like SmedDOon and DABDONsouth all over this board when they were nowhere to be seen after we comprehensively handed your @rses to you last Wednesday.

Just you roasters concentrate on improving on last season's 3rd (THIRD!) place in the Walt Disney League and leave us to worry about the big teams.

Many thanks.

parcbara
13-08-2017, 12:42 PM
United are absolutely gash. Where were they after Wednesday night. Internet must have been off in the farming community. just as well we cant finish or it could have been five

billymorgan
13-08-2017, 03:49 PM
The Dabs have got their fizzy pop back after struggling to a narrow win over queen of the phuckin Sooth. Bless Em XD

offshore_arab83
14-08-2017, 08:13 AM
You'd be correct, just seen my team take 3 off Hamilton, which is not ideal. Then we have cocks like SmedDOon and DABDONsouth all over this board when they were nowhere to be seen after we comprehensively handed your @rses to you last Wednesday.

Just you roasters concentrate on improving on last season's 3rd (THIRD!) place in the Walt Disney League and leave us to worry about the big teams.

Many thanks.

lol good luck for the rest of the season, you may need it...

DerryRhumba72
14-08-2017, 09:50 AM
lol good luck for the rest of the season, you may need it...

Regrettably, I fear you may be correct Offshore.