PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets:

countygump
11-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Not received mine thru the post. Apparently there are probs with the ticketing system. Anyone else, or have they just picked on me?

Elite_Pie
11-08-2017, 12:06 PM
Had mine a while, I posted this on 29th July:

Just got mine in the post along with the two freebie vouchers. I realise I'll be called a 'typical moaning Notts fan' for having a whinge about something given for free, but I'll go ahead anyway. The free soft drink voucher is only valid for August, September and October before kick off time. That means a half time coffee at a freezing January game is out of the question. Two moans about the 'Bring a friend' offer - firstly the voucher can't be redeemed on a match day so unless you pick the game in advance it means a separate trip to the ticket office. Secondly, it's limited to the age category on the ST, so I can't bring the person (daughter's boyfriend) who I am trying to get interested in watching Notts. This was waived when Big Al took over last year, disappointed it's back again.

On a positive note, I am delighted with the little plastic card that gives me entry to 23 league games. Bring it on!

countygump
11-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Had mine a while, I posted this on 29th July:

Phoned them up several times and they just say that the ticketing system is down and they'll phone me back when it's up and running.

Steward
11-08-2017, 12:20 PM
I would get there early, probably others in the same situation as yourself

countygump
11-08-2017, 12:35 PM
I would get there early, probably others in the same situation as yourself

I was rather hoping to pic my S/T card up today or tomoz morning. After leaving a load of messages on the answering machine over the past couple of days and getting no response, I actually manage to talk to a human being @11 ish this morning but all he said was that the ticketing system was down and he would get back to me when it's up and running again and until it was, he could do nothing.

tarquinbeech
11-08-2017, 12:52 PM
I was rather hoping to pic my S/T card up today or tomoz morning. After leaving a load of messages on the answering machine over the past couple of days and getting no response, I actually manage to talk to a human being @11 ish this morning but all he said was that the ticketing system was down and he would get back to me when it's up and running again and until it was, he could do nothing.

Gumpy - I'm pretty sure that they'll let you in without a ticket if your S/T isn't ready in time....just take your receipt and a copy of a few e-mails with you before the match.

Steward
11-08-2017, 02:44 PM
But he'll still need a ticket from ticket office even a free one to gain access, and to count for attendance figures and health n safety (daft I know).

CmonUSexyStylishPies
11-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Think it's been down for about 6hrs, just what you need before one of the biggest gates of the season when you can't pay on the gate.

Old_pie
11-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Think it's been down for about 6hrs, just what you need before one of the biggest gates of the season when you can't pay on the gate.

AH has been tweeting how "we're stuck" in a 3yr contract and it will be fixed "next season". Don't have that problem at the cinemas or theatres eh! And we've got the 4th best (edit-) HOME dressing rooms out of all the leagues so be grateful.

countygump
11-08-2017, 05:09 PM
AH has been tweeting how "we're stuck" in a 3yr contract and it will be fixed "next season". Don't have that problem at the cinemas or theatres eh! And we've got the 4th best (edit-) HOME dressing rooms out of all the leagues so be grateful.

All sorted. Got a telling bone call @ 3pm and nipped down to collect it. Open till 8pm? must be having mucho problermos.

arnapie
11-08-2017, 07:28 PM

Your hatred will consume you old fella, let it go man.

ireallyhateforest
11-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Where do you pick the season tickets up from tomorrow, is it the ticket collection point and not the ticket office?

Old_pie
11-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Your hatred will consume you old fella, let it go man.

Not sure whether to respond with a Clap Clap FacePalm or a #FO.

I'd just like to hear a bit more commonsense and a bit less "look at me" from the big man. He got quite annoyed when folk questioned the termination of pay at the gate and I'm pretty sure he was promising better from computer system than is being delivered and he's now back tracking. How many more #unrealistic promises and predictions has he made?

If he's learning he's a bit slow at it but it ain't hatred, it's massive concern that the guy is driven by ego not unlike the last occupant.

countygump
11-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Where do you pick the season tickets up from tomorrow, is it the ticket collection point and not the ticket office?

I'd check and find out in the morning, irhf. Picked mine up from the club shop.

keldsyke
11-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Not sure whether to respond with a Clap Clap FacePalm or a #FO.

I'd just like to hear a bit more commonsense and a bit less "look at me" from the big man. He got quite annoyed when folk questioned the termination of pay at the gate and I'm pretty sure he was promising better from computer system than is being delivered and he's now back tracking. How many more #unrealistic promises and predictions has he made?

If he's learning he's a bit slow at it but it ain't hatred, it's massive concern that the guy is driven by ego not unlike the last occupant.

Let it go, give him a chance he's only been the owner for 6 months, get down the lane and get behind the team.

SmiffyPie
11-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Removing pay on the day at our level is a joke.

keldsyke
11-08-2017, 08:17 PM

Agree totally

uysapie
11-08-2017, 08:18 PM

A bad one at that.

uysapie
11-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Let it go, give him a chance he's only been the owner for 6 months, get down the lane and get behind the team.

Getting down the Lane doesn't preclude criticism of his approach. If fans/customers want pay on the day then perhaps he should listen?

keldsyke
11-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Getting down the Lane doesn't preclude criticism of his approach. If fans/customers want pay on the day then perhaps he should listen?

If you see my other post I agree, however we have a group on here who will moan at anything he does. What I was trying to say is, the match is on tomorrow, forget the other stuff and do what a Notts supporter should do and look forward to the match instead of looking at every thread on here and finding fault.

Elite_Pie
11-08-2017, 09:06 PM
instead of looking at every thread on here and finding fault.

Quite right.

That's my job.

arnapie
11-08-2017, 09:09 PM

Accrington Stanley ( exactly ) have been doing it for 18 months FFS.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
11-08-2017, 09:48 PM

As 70% of our ground on a matchday is empty it's pointless.

If we had a 10,000 seater stadium then fair enough.

uysapie
11-08-2017, 10:03 PM

Have you checked the size of their attendances?

uysapie
11-08-2017, 10:04 PM
If you see my other post I agree, however we have a group on here who will moan at anything he does. What I was trying to say is, the match is on tomorrow, forget the other stuff and do what a Notts supporter should do and look forward to the match instead of looking at every thread on here and finding fault.

the two are not incompatible though.

countygump
11-08-2017, 10:25 PM

For Fanatical Supporters?

For Female Supporters?

For Feral Supporters?

Elite_Pie
11-08-2017, 10:30 PM
For Fanatical Supporters?

For Female Supporters?

For Feral Supporters?

Have you seen their home gates? I think he meant For Few Supporters.

keldsyke
11-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Have you seen their home gates? I think he meant For Few Supporters.

For Fairweather Supporters

Bridg4d_Pie_
11-08-2017, 11:05 PM

Well said that man, l would like to see how these moaning minges would react if their every move was criticised. l am sure their toys would be out of the pram in pretty short time.

tarquinbeech
11-08-2017, 11:15 PM
Quite right.

That's my job.

That did actually make me laugh.......another 207 posts, and you are in the Hall of Fame, 20,000 posts....15,000 of which, were arguing with people

ps Not a criticism, I just wish I could get away with it without getting a lifetime ban!!

ancientpie
12-08-2017, 06:48 AM

So they are our model for success ?
At the risk of being branded a moaner I thought the Coventry game was a perfect example of why cash turnstiles pay, according to the press release we had sold our 1,500 allocation but you could pay cash on the day with a £3 increase, 227 extra fans chose to do this mainly I suspect people who like to decide "last minute". If you times the extra income by the number of home games you start to surpass the £100,000 figure that AH stated made entry to the Checkatrade trophy a "no brainer". I am not against progress or change but not for the sake of it, up until a few years ago my mate would pick a couple of us up from the pub to drive down the game & very often a "non fan" would tag along for "summat to do" I cannot see this happening now you have to either pre book or queue twice to get in & I do know of fans who haven't bothered because of this.

arnapie
12-08-2017, 06:58 AM
Have you checked the size of their attendances?

That has no bearing on the matter. At the other end of the scale then. MK Dons have always had cashless turnstiles, they have far bigger gates than us, works for them. It only causes a problem at Notts because of latecomers, and moaners who can't accept change.

arnapie
12-08-2017, 07:01 AM
So they are our model for success ?
At the risk of being branded a moaner I thought the Coventry game was a perfect example of why cash turnstiles pay, according to the press release we had sold our 1,500 allocation but you could pay cash on the day with a £3 increase, 227 extra fans chose to do this mainly I suspect people who like to decide "last minute". If you times the extra income by the number of home games you start to surpass the £100,000 figure that AH stated made entry to the Checkatrade trophy a "no brainer". I am not against progress or change but not for the sake of it, up until a few years ago my mate would pick a couple of us up from the pub to drive down the game & very often a "non fan" would tag along for "summat to do" I cannot see this happening now you have to either pre book or queue twice to get in & I do know of fans who haven't bothered because of this.

I saw Notts fans, at Coventry, buying tickets at the ticket office, then queueing up at the turnstiles to get in. NO moaning.

SmiffyPie
12-08-2017, 08:39 AM
That has no bearing on the matter. At the other end of the scale then. MK Dons have always had cashless turnstiles, they have far bigger gates than us, works for them. It only causes a problem at Notts because of latecomers, and moaners who can't accept change.I remember the original post about this but I cannot remember what the perceived benefit to the club was? I don't think it has eased entry and may well have stopped a few stragglers going. Why is it classed as moaning? If a person doesn't like something changing why is it moaning?

Old_pie
12-08-2017, 09:03 AM
I remember the original post about this but I cannot remember what the perceived benefit to the club was? I don't think it has eased entry and may well have stopped a few stragglers going. Why is it classed as moaning? If a person doesn't like something changing why is it moaning?

Weren't there concerns about the large cash floats each turnstile would need and whether all monies collected were actually going back into the club?