PDA

View Full Version : Yiadom Transfer Off

POGGYWELL
11-08-2017, 05:03 PM
According to Alan Nixon - No reason given as yet.

Romared
11-08-2017, 05:20 PM
:O

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Well buggar me :O

Exiletyke
11-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Well buggar me :O

Is it compulsory?

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 05:32 PM
No Exile. It was just the shock mate. What do you think 'll happen now? If I were Hecky i'd bench him and play Mccarthy n' Pearson. Let him try n' broker another move or fight for his place. Either way Yiadom been left wi tail between his legs. May even sign a new deal n' apologise like kid did at Burton. Stranger things have happened in the Barnsley F.C soap opera.

Romared
11-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Send him art on loan to Hartlepool or sumweer ! His burnt his bridge here nar Fkim

Barnsley Chop
11-08-2017, 05:39 PM
I have my own thoughts why he may have failed a medical but will keep it to myself until we know the real reason.

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Bad pre season prep n' wasn't fit enough.

Romared
11-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Sholda split pin cummart

anstonred
11-08-2017, 05:46 PM
I would not pick him! He doesn't want to play for us! If he changes his mind, he'll have to earn a place
Actually, I don't think he's defended well enough to play! Plus his "ill advised" sky interview was disrespectful and behind the club's back - sod him

Exiletyke
11-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Send him art on loan to Hartlepool or sumweer ! His burnt his bridge here nar Fkim

See if Hecky treats him like he did Hammill

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Doubt it. Hecky has more double standards than Michael Gove ;D

DOOALI
11-08-2017, 05:58 PM
So more wasted time on this deal they thought it was nailed on and just waiting for the cheque in their greasy Palm instead of getting the French deal sorted

Romared
11-08-2017, 06:02 PM
See if Hecky treats him like he did Hammill
I doubt that , earlier today Hecky said along the lines , if he stays here I hope the fans will back him , I think Hecky cud drop a ballack here if he does play him
! Different situation to Hammil I think , that tantrum against his boss in front of a full ground embarrased Hecky , i don't think he will let it go either !

Exiletyke
11-08-2017, 06:09 PM
I doubt that , earlier today Hecky said along the lines , if he stays here I hope the fans will back him , I think Hecky cud drop a ballack here if he does play him
! Different situation to Hammil I think , that tantrum against his boss in front of a full ground embarrased Hecky , i don't think he will let it go either !

& that interview by Yiadom on Sky in front of the whole nation was an insult & embarrassment to the club
Not in the same league as Hammill who at least was showing some fire for being substituted & not trying to screw then club
If Hecky isn't man enough to let it drop then he's a fool
Didn't Hammill apologise?

POGGYWELL
11-08-2017, 06:11 PM
It's very strange one this. Usually when a player is close to leaving it's on the official website that the player has been given permission to speak to the so called buying club.
In this case silence!

Romared
11-08-2017, 06:17 PM
& that interview by Yiadom on Sky in front of the whole nation was an insult & embarrassment to the club
Not in the same league as Hammill who at least was showing some fire for being substituted & not trying to screw then club
If Hecky isn't man enough to let it drop then he's a fool
Didn't Hammill apologise? I never saw the interview on Sky did anyone ? Can somebody find it ? I agree not in the same league as Hammil , never thought he was owt special either, don't know if Hammil apologised either , Both out of order in different ways fo me

perkytyke
11-08-2017, 06:41 PM
I agree he hasn't played well at all yet, he was toilet at Brizzle!
He has shown two fingers to our club with that Interview and trying to force a transfer, much worse than what Adam did against Newcastle and he did apologise.
Hecky needs to put his foot down here and play young Pearson against Ipswich and leave Yids out of the squad! Let him play with the u23's for a while he doesn't deserve to play.

Barnsley Chop
11-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Agree Perky, we now have options in all positions not just midfield

Ponte_Steve24
11-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Only way he can redeem himself is by signing a new deal. No way back otherwise for me.

Exiletyke
11-08-2017, 08:56 PM
I never saw the interview on Sky did anyone ? Can somebody find it ? I agree not in the same league as Hammil , never thought he was owt special either, don't know if Hammil apologised either , Both out of order in different ways fo me

There you go

18-10-2016, 11:14 PM #3

EastStandRed

Not very clear....

Says gutted about tonight's result, Sheer frustration and was by know means meant to be disrespectful when I came off so I hold my hands up sorry.
Thanks for the support tonight was great as always from the fans

18-10-2016, 10:56 PM #6
Romared

Well done Hammil , gerrin withi job nar and mek amends ! As for Kent !!!!! Rather have Harry Chapman , to be fair to Kent he does his best to get forward , always seems to over run the ball tho , i like him after Harry Chapman

"don't know if Hammil apologised either"

POGGYWELL
11-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Sky seem to think the deal is possibly still on.

animallittle3
11-08-2017, 09:58 PM
I think we need to manage this with some common sense .

If he's failed a medical then it's our responsibility and duty of care to ensure the problem is diagnosed and the correct medical treatment given , we are paying his wages after all .

If the deals collapsed on personal terms then we need to sit down with the player and his agent and secure some sort of short term plan .

He's one of the best players at the club , throwing him under a bus doesn't solve the problem it only makes it a bigger problem and nobody comes out a winner .

There's nothing that can't be resolved here with a bit of compromise and common sense .

The squad isn't brimming with championship defenders at the moment , we need him and he clearly still needs us tonight as things stand .

Romared
11-08-2017, 10:48 PM
And what good would signing a new deal do ? Sweet talk for a few months ? It would just be a gesture to try and redeem himself to the fans , get rid quick , he shouldn't play again for us .

animallittle3
11-08-2017, 11:13 PM
And what good would signing a new deal do ? Sweet talk for a few months ? It would just be a gesture to try and redeem himself to the fans , get rid quick , he shouldn't play again for us .

Roma

Every player at the club is for sale , the plan is to sell players .

When I hear the club come out and say nobody is leaving this club because we are building a squad to take us places and we want to keep our better players then fine .

If the deals collapsed and we still have a quality defender on our books then he plays , not tomorrow I'll agree but definitely on tuesday or the next game after that .

What's he exactly done here ? an interview to put himself in the shop window , the club would have sold him anyway regardless .

Treble my money and into the PL , can you blame him ?

What's there to stop here for anyway , meagre wages playing for a tin pot club ?

Romared
11-08-2017, 11:24 PM
Meagre wages ? Not what our HC says best deal ever ?
He's tied his colours to the mast , definately no way back for him , other players will have noticed how he has behaved , some may think twice now ? And be grateful , get rid of him out of the club as soon as possible , he's made it clear he doesn't want to be here ? Let someone who wants to be here and play have a chance , wasting time and money otherwise

Jules88
11-08-2017, 11:37 PM
Can't imagine some of you would be so forgiving if this had happened with Wednesday the potential buyer.???
Would you still be saying " What's he done here????"
Is it no different to what Winnall did?

(Go on then.........,Honest answers chaps?)

Nose cut off or not, he was walking away from us at a crucial time having seen us on our knees,
Badly advised or not, HIS PLUMS WERENT IN THE VICE on Tuesday nights interview and we all know it.
Can't imagine many clubs will come in for him if he's failed a medical, Championship or above. There's history with failed medical ruining careers.....( Didn't Asa Hartford have a problem with summation similar?).
Hope it isn't career threatening, I'm not celebrating either waŷ, he has a career and no one wants people to have that career damaged. I wouldn't want that at all.
Sometimes though, the football gods smite down the people who are prepared to bit the hand that fed them.

I'd put him on gardening leave for 4 weeks. Time to think and reflect.

Imagine what Fergie or Clough have done if he'd disrespected the club by listening to his advisers and saying "I want away" on SKY?

animallittle3
11-08-2017, 11:55 PM
Meagre wages ? Not what our HC says best deal ever ?
He's tied his colours to the mast , definately no way back for him , other players will have noticed how he has behaved , some may think twice now ? And be grateful , get rid of him out of the club as soon as possible , he's made it clear he doesn't want to be here ? Let someone who wants to be here and play have a chance , wasting time and money otherwise

Best deal ever , if was offered anything like COG was alelegedly on he might have thought about it .

Get him moved on is fine by me but sticking him in the stiffs for a year is just plain barmy .

We've all dropped a bollox in our lives haven't we at some point ?

animallittle3
11-08-2017, 11:56 PM
Can't imagine some of you would be so forgiving if this had happened with Wednesday the potential buyer.???
Would you still be saying " What's he done here????"
Is it no different to what Winnall did?

(Go on then.........,Honest answers chaps?)

Nose cut off or not, he was walking away from us at a crucial time having seen us on our knees,
Badly advised or not, HIS PLUMS WERENT IN THE VICE on Tuesday nights interview and we all know it.
Can't imagine many clubs will come in for him if he's failed a medical, Championship or above. There's history with failed medical ruining careers.....( Didn't Asa Hartford have a problem with summation similar?).
Hope it isn't career threatening, I'm not celebrating either waŷ, he has a career and no one wants people to have that career damaged. I wouldn't want that at all.
Sometimes though, the football gods smite down the people who are prepared to bit the hand that fed them.

I'd put him on gardening leave for 4 weeks. Time to think and reflect.

Imagine what Fergie or Clough have done if he'd disrespected the club by listening to his advisers and saying "I want away" on SKY?

Its not a case of forgiving is it , it's a case of managing it professionally .

Fergie would have given him an almighty *******ing and that would have been the end of it , like he did with Paul Scholes early in his career .

Feck knows what Cloughie would have done , somewhere between punching him and kissing him most probably .

If the Winnall deal had fallen through then it's fallen through just the same , manage it professionally and find a win win solution .

Managing by punishment is not the professional way .

Jules88
12-08-2017, 12:12 AM
Managing it professionally like Conor did, and Bree ( a very young lad) did? Nah.
It works both ways does professionalism.

Badly advised or not, he did the shot to camera.
Professionally putting the middle finger up to the club, fans and owner.
He knew the move was going to happen, either Swansea or Them. Eventually before the end of August.
And he still put his face in the shot.
Not very professional.

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 12:23 AM
Managing it professionally like Conor did, and Bree ( a very young lad) did? Nah.
It works both ways does professionalism.

Badly advised or not, he did the shot to camera.
Professionally putting the middle finger up to the club, fans and owner.
He knew the move was going to happen, either Swansea or Them. Eventually before the end of August.
And he still put his face in the shot.
Not very professional.

Jules , what are we trying to achieve here ?

Make an example of him for wanting to exercise a move from a club whose whole plan is to sell footballers .

Just because he's acted unprofessional doesn't mean we have to , t it for tat , oh aye that's brilliant .

Two things here , he's a good footballer worth a couple of million quid , training with the stiffs for a year makes him worth feck all .

Secondly if he's failed the medical then that needs addressing for his sake and our investment .

Tha's got to take the emotion out of it , too much brass connected to this player to be playing silly buggers .

animallittle3
12-08-2017, 02:51 AM
I think we need to remind ourselves guys that it's not 1955 and Joe Richards isn't around to rule the club with an iron fist .

The players have all the power , Jean Marc Bosman saw to that , is it right ? , probably not , absolute power corrupts just like it did when the clubs fecked the players over before Jimmy Hill came along and had the maximum wage removed .

Tha's got to work with the conditions of the day .

Best way forward in my opinion with Andy Yiadom is this .

Yiadom and his agent sit down with Hecky and the CEO , Hecky reminds the player that his best opportunity to get a move to a bigger club and increase his earnings is to get his head straight and perform like he did last season .

That way we have the services of a decent championship defender and he puts himself back in the shop window .

We both win then don't we .

Sound like a plan ?

Jules88
12-08-2017, 08:27 AM
I get the t it for tat bit. It'll be hard to cheer him on knowing that he wants away...We have to sort it out. Sign a deal for a years extension, and commit this season, or sell to a club willing to take a chance at a reduced price. Staying and running contract down and going for free shouldn't be an option.

POGGYWELL
12-08-2017, 09:12 AM
No mention of medical in this article but he's back here.
https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/08/blogs/newcastle-should-sign-yiadom-after-huddersfield-deal-stalls/

6ozDave
12-08-2017, 09:26 AM
A Barnsley player who "wants away" when Harry Enfield waves loadsamoney in front of them?
Which one of them wouldn't want away?

Nothing official re failed medical yet. Perhaps it just wasn't right for Andy and/or them.
Club statement and an apology from one of the best Championship defenders- move on.

Exiletyke
12-08-2017, 09:48 AM
No mention of medical in this article but he's back here.
https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/08/blogs/newcastle-should-sign-yiadom-after-huddersfield-deal-stalls/

Is Nixon Yiadom's agent
Sounds like it & he sure doesn't hold back in pushing a move to Newcastle does he?

Old Goat
12-08-2017, 09:58 AM
If he wants away, the best way of doing it is to put himself in the shop window through good performances on the pitch. While he's doing that I'm happy for him to wear the shirt, I couldn't give a toss about the off-pitch antics. If he can't deliver the goods on match day, then that's the time to bench him and give someone else a shot.

He can do as many unofficial interviews as he likes but other clubs won't be interested in that, if anything stuff like that will probably count against him. You'd hope the club, his agent and his family would all be giving him similar advice rather than let the lad mess up a promising career.

DOOALI
12-08-2017, 05:55 PM
The medical discovered an old back injury must have been caused with carrying defence after January sales

Ponte_Steve24
12-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Just need someone to carry midfield nar Williams is sh1te.

pass_and_move
12-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Cast your minds back to last summer gents. Cryne, Hecky and Linton Brown hosted a Q&A evening in which they told us that Hourihane and Winnall simply refused to sign new deals offered.

Can someone tell me what difference there is between that situation and the Yiadom situation? Any fan who believes that players hold any allegiances to football clubs need to think again.

I think the whole situation is embarrassing for the player. A distinct lack of professionalism and respect but like I say, let's not kid ourselves that any of our players put in a situation like Yiadoms, where they could be on PL wages wouldn't jump at the chance.

If he plays then he should sign a new contract for me. If he's not in our plans by the time the transfer deadline passes wi art further interest, I'd suggest cancelling his contract by mutual consent. ;-D

Ponte_Steve24
12-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Tha makes a pertinent point Pass. Although he's shot his load for me mate. I'd sooner av' a **** Jackson in team giving it his all than an open mercenary going tbrough motions laughing in my face. I know I shouldn't take it personally but I do mate.

pass_and_move
12-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Tha makes a pertinent point Pass. Although he's shot his load for me mate. I'd sooner av' a **** Jackson in team giving it his all than an open mercenary going tbrough motions laughing in my face. I know I shouldn't take it personally but I do mate.

Tha shunt tek it personally mate :-)

Just another poser here- Assuming Yiadoms transfer fell through on medical grounds, what would we as a club have to gain offering him a big contract on big wages?

Exiletyke
12-08-2017, 07:36 PM
Tha shunt tek it personally mate :-)

Just another poser here- Assuming Yiadoms transfer fell through on medical grounds, what would we as a club have to gain offering him a big contract on big wages?

Has it occurred to any one that BFC may be complicit in this little shemozzle encouraging Yiadom to go for a move & we do know about his injury [or at least we should do unless his mum has been sending "our Andy's been suffering with billious attacks" notes
after all we are a selling club are we not
My reason for saying this is the eerie silence on this subject from the club
In fact can anyone recall the club saying anything at all since the sorry saga began? apart from some nebulus offer allegedly made

POGGYWELL
13-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Sky Sports top ten transfer whispers this morning:

POGGYWELL
14-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Barnsley coach Paul Heckingbottom has revealed his disappointment in the attitude of one of his top performers last season Andy Yiadom with his move to Huddersfield edging closer.

The Ghanaian youngster is hoping to secure a dream move to the English Premier League this week.

Yiadom is capping off a remarkable season of moving from non league football to playing in the English top tier.

The 20-year-old has not been in the right frame of mind and has not been deemed fit to start games.

“We do not have some players in the right frame mind and that is disappointing,” He said

The right back enjoyed a stellar campaign where he played 33 times and even represented his country, Ghana at the Africa Cup of Nations.

http://ghanasoccernet.com/barnsley-coach-disappointed-in-andy-yiadoms-attitude-amid-huddersfield-interest

Exiletyke
14-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Barnsley coach Paul Heckingbottom has revealed his disappointment in the attitude of one of his top performers last season Andy Yiadom with his move to Huddersfield edging closer.

The Ghanaian youngster is hoping to secure a dream move to the English Premier League this week.

Yiadom is capping off a remarkable season of moving from non league football to playing in the English top tier.

The 20-year-old has not been in the right frame of mind and has not been deemed fit to start games.

“We we do not have some players in the right frame mind of mind and that is disappointing,” He said

The right back enjoyed a stellar campaign where he played 33 times and even represented his country, Ghana at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Paul lad don't start trying to pillock us fans
Yiadom played pre season during his want away period
He played at Bristol
He played against Morecambe
So his frame of mind has only occurred after his move fell through & you make it sound as though he has not been fit to start games [plural]
You have dropped him & rightly so so don't go all Mansford on us it doesn't suit you [see what I did there?]
I assume Mallan is in the same camp

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Paul lad don't start trying to pillock us fans
Yiadom played pre season during his want away period
He played at Bristol
He played against Morecambe
So his frame of mind has only occurred after his move fell through & you make it sound as though he has not been fit to start games [plural]
You have dropped him & rightly so so don't go all Mansford on us it doesn't suit you [see what I did there?]
I assume Mallan is in the same camp

He played cr ap as well

Romared
14-08-2017, 10:21 AM
The sooner Yiadom goes the better ,
just a rumour I've heard today Mallan is homesick ??
a sed t wife wunce am ooham sick ! Shi sed but this is your home ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a sed anno am f,,,,,, g sickarrit :o

Jules88
14-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Slow developing "Homesickness" ........Called sulking round here

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Slow developing "Homesickness" ........Called sulking round here

Another Berry ??

Acido
14-08-2017, 01:55 PM
It could be said that Mowatt is homesick for Leeds as well (and that he probably never wanted to leave them anyway).
But if thats true already about Mallan and that he misses St.Mirren wherever that is, then that is ludicrous.

As for the Yiadom thing, yes lets sell him immediately even if it is for a so called reduced price, Id take anything near £2.75 mill for him now. It won't end up being that much and it will only be Undisclosed anyway.

Exiletyke
14-08-2017, 02:23 PM
It could be said that Mowatt is homesick for Leeds as well (and that he probably never wanted to leave them anyway).
But if thats true already about Mallan and that he misses St.Mirren wherever that is, then that is ludicrous.

As for the Yiadom thing, yes lets sell him immediately even if it is for a so called reduced price, Id take anything near £2.75 mill for him now. It won't end up being that much and it will only be Undisclosed anyway.

Acido
where were you born & where do you live now?
Nothing ludicrous about it
If as I suspect you were born round West Yorkshire & still live in West Yorkshire don't make judgment on others if you have moved far away from where you were born then you ought to understand
St Mirren's near Glasgow BTW

Acido
14-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Ive told you and everybody on here a few times now Exile where I was born and where I live. I happen to think its ludicrous because hes only been here a few months, what on earth did he expect then when he moved here in the first place.

We're making guesses at the moment about one or two of these players being offloaded on or before Aug 31st.
If Yids goes we've got Pearson & Fryers. If Mowatt and/or Mallan goes we've got McGeehan, Moncur, Potts, Williams, & D'Almeida. If Payne goes we've got Bradshaw, Ugbo, Thiadom, Brown, and possibly Hedges.

animallittle3
14-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Ive told you and everybody on here a few times now Exile where I was born and where I live. I happen to think its ludicrous because hes only been here a few months, what on earth did he expect then when he moved here in the first place.

We're making guesses at the moment about one or two of these players being offloaded on or before Aug 31st.
If Yids goes we've got Pearson & Fryers. If Mowatt and/or Mallan goes we've got McGeehan, Moncur, Potts, Williams, & D'Almeida. If Payne goes we've got Bradshaw, Ugbo, Thiadom, Brown, and possibly Hedges.

The first few months are obviously the worst , if he's getting ear ache at home then its not going to help the situation is it .

Remember these are young lads , lets try and cut him some slack , their human beings too .

Acido
14-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Do we think this is true then, or is it down to Mallan's lack of fitness which has also been suggested ?.
And as for what you say Animal, thats surely another big reason isn't it for us to change this 'plan' a bit, instead of just signing young kids and asking them all to do this massive job we've put ourselves in.

animallittle3
14-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Do we think this is true then, or is it down to Mallan's lack of fitness which has also been suggested ?.
And as for what you say Animal, thats surely another big reason isn't it for us to change this 'plan' a bit, instead of just signing young kids and asking them all to do this massive job we've put ourselves in.

He's fully fit according to Hecky ??

Acido
14-08-2017, 03:32 PM
St Mirren's fans think its a waste of talent that we're not even using him from the bench, they'd take him back off us on loan if possible lol.
But its getting weirder now is this and I wish they could explain a few things to us, because its just making us come to the wrong conclusions.

Exiletyke
14-08-2017, 03:55 PM

Don't recall you telling me Acido but might be down to my memory so I take it you were born & now reside in the same area roughly]
Never moved off your own doorstep then
Total lack of sympathy with someone who has Acido
I'll bet he didn't know what to expect & he probably needs a fellow team member to help him along Hammill may help
Homesickness is worse in the first few months & affects different people in different ways
Homesickness isn't the best of feelings but like I hinted at earlier you wouldn't know

POGGYWELL
14-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Jonathan Buchan Radio Sheffield.
Paul Heckingbottom tells me 'nothing has really progressed' on Yiadom move,couldn't confirm or deny if he failed medical.

Acido
14-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Don't recall you telling me Acido but might be down to my memory. Homesickness isn't the best of feelings but like I hinted at earlier you wouldn't know.

Yes and you've made your point Exile, are you happy now ?. We will just have to disagree on this won't we.
I didn't tell you especially but Ive posted it on here many times over the years where Im from/where I live etc. In fact it was brought up again on a thread on here only last week.

Romared
14-08-2017, 04:10 PM
If it is homesickness I've every sympathy with the lad , when my dad died i was 6 yr old , My Auntie and Uncle who lived in London thought it a good idea to go and stay with them for the 6 weeks holidays , They were both very kind and looked after me really well , went places I'd only heard of , But most nights I would be upset and prayed for the 6 weeks to fly by , I wanted to be at home not 200 miles away , like I say if this is the case with Mallan , i fully understand ,

Exiletyke
14-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Yes and you've made your point Exile, are you happy now ?. We will just have to disagree on this won't we.
I didn't tell you especially but Ive posted it on here many times over the years where Im from/where I live etc. In fact it was brought up again on a thread on here only last week.

Don't get ratty with me Acido in your earlier post you specifically said you had told me
I think your best course of action would be to accept that you were wrong regarding Mallan's homesickness
As I said you have no understanding on the subject
There I've made my point again Happy now?
My advice to Mallan would be to knuckle down to the task ahead do what he is obviously good at & immerse himself in his football
I'm sure there are at least 12000 fans rooting for him plus quite a few at St Mirren

EastStandRed
14-08-2017, 05:23 PM
'If' he is homesick he needs to sort his head out quickly if he can or his career could be spoilt greatly due to it.

pass_and_move
14-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Similar situation to Moncur last season. You can encounter certain problems with young men bedding into a new football club. Remember that George Best ran off back home to Northern Ireland from Man Utd homesick. I find criticism of homesickness pretty harsh to be honest, they're only human. A good footballer is a happy footballer. It's up to the club to try and make the transition as easy and comfortable as possible

yorkshireborn
14-08-2017, 06:35 PM
'If' he is homesick he needs to sort his head out quickly if he can or his career could be spoilt greatly due to it.

would he be homesick if it was a prem club

Exiletyke
14-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Similar situation to Moncur last season. You can encounter certain problems with young men bedding into a new football club. Remember that George Best ran off back home to Northern Ireland from Man Utd homesick. I find criticism of homesickness pretty harsh to be honest, they're only human. A good footballer is a happy footballer. It's up to the club to try and make the transition as easy and comfortable as possible

Absolutely spot on P&M & those doing the criticising should be ashamed
or try moving away from home eh!

Ponte_Steve24
14-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Its a 4 hour train journey. Its not exactly other side of the world. He could easily go home a couple of nights a week. Its not as if they train everyday. I do sympathise but you'd think a footballer would have plenty of other things to occupy him given the good money they receive.

Exiletyke
14-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Its a 4 hour train journey. Its not exactly other side of the world. He could easily go home a couple of nights a week. Its not as if they train everyday. I do sympathise but you'd think a footballer would have plenty of other things to occupy him given the good money they receive.

4 hours or 4 days doesn't matter Ponte
It's that feeling of being alone that grates but the lad will get over it with time & a little support
I rather like the definition of the word sympathy bit like the word sorry just a word in the dictionary between
Sh1t & Syphilis
Ask Mick McCarthy

Ponte_Steve24
14-08-2017, 07:00 PM
I did move from Pontefract to Rotherham Exile ;D

Romared
14-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Tha needs shooitin Ponte FFS Rovrum :? Twinned with Bierut, Helmand, Karachi ," where the streets have no name "

Ponte_Steve24
14-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Twinned with Rotterdam actually Roma :P

Acido
14-08-2017, 07:51 PM

EXACTLY Ponty, it bugs me when these modern day footballers get wrapped up in cotton wool when they are on ridiculous money, the sort of money we could all only ever dream about earning.
And Yorkshireborn, you ask "would he be homesick if it was a prem club". Well thats a very good question, and it might be more relevant here than what we think.

Romared
14-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Disappointed in some respects , obviously had a nice steady upbringing ? No upsets or owt arta ordinary ? Hope it stays fine for ya :(

Acido
14-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Disappointed in some respects , obviously had a nice steady upbringing ? No upsets or owt arta ordinary ? Hope it stays fine for ya :(

What, are you asking me that Roma kid!!. lol
(and if so, what exactly does that mean ?)

Exiletyke
14-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Disappointed in some respects , obviously had a nice steady upbringing ? No upsets or owt arta ordinary ? Hope it stays fine for ya

Seems simple enough to me [oddly]

Romared
14-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Kid ?? Not just you Acido Nip :P " if you've never tried you'll never know " C P , and I hope you don't have to either

Exiletyke
14-08-2017, 08:37 PM
EXACTLY Ponty, it bugs me when these modern day footballers get wrapped up in cotton wool when they are on ridiculous money, the sort of money we could all only ever dream about earning.
And Yorkshireborn, you ask "would he be homesick if it was a prem club". Well thats a very good question, and it might be more relevant here than what we think.

Don't be daft man it's nowt to do with money
Stop showing your ignorance :(

animallittle3
14-08-2017, 08:39 PM
I can remember a period similar to roma's experience when I was a lad .

My mam had to go into hospital for quite a while and my dad had to work , 3 shifts he did so there wasn't anyone to look after us .

Myself and my sister had to stay with an aunt in Shropshire for 6 weeks .

We had to be schooled there too for that period , it was horrible , hated it , missed my parents obviously and my mates , absolutely awful thing to go through in an area you don't know and when you don't know anyone either .

Exiletyke
14-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Now they'll say yeah but he's a grown man
{thought I'd save them the trouble}

Acido
14-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Like I said earlier Exile, we'll have to just disagree on this and Im certainly not going to waste my time arguing with you on this subject anymore, and I won't change my mind about it either whether you like that or not.

Roma, I just call most posters on Footymad 'kid' regardless of their age, its just a habit Ive got and I say it in conversation to people as well. And sometimes they also react like you just did, with shock. lol

Exiletyke
14-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Like I said earlier Exile, we'll have to just disagree on this and Im certainly not going to waste my time arguing with you on this subject anymore, and I won't change my mind about it either whether you like that or not.

Roma, I just call most posters on Footymad 'kid' regardless of their age, its just a habit Ive got and I say it in conversation to people as well. And sometimes they also react like you just did, with shock. lol

QUOTE=Acido;38621767]Like I said earlier Exile, we'll have to just disagree on this and Im certainly not going to waste my time arguing with you on this subject anymore, and I won't change my mind about it either whether you like that or not.

Like I said earlier Acido you're ignorant on this subject
I'm amazed you didn't say arguing with the likes of you
How dismissive
& you mean you're not going to say " yeah but he's a grown man"

DOOALI
14-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Give him a couple bags of haribos and some iron brew he'll be OK

Acido
14-08-2017, 09:46 PM
I think Exile needs to switch to de-caff a bit and calm down here, or hes going to do himself an unfortunate medical based mischief!! :O
Either way (and Im being serious now), this is a subject I can and will forget about and not give a seconds thought about tomorrow.
None of us need to take this further into a nasty argument do we. Do you agree Exile ?.

Exiletyke
15-08-2017, 09:36 AM
I think Exile needs to switch to de-caff a bit and calm down here, or hes going to do himself an unfortunate medical based mischief!! :O
Either way (and Im being serious now), this is a subject I can and will forget about and not give a seconds thought about tomorrow.
None of us need to take this further into a nasty argument do we. Do you agree Exile ?.

It's only a bit of banter ya soft wazzack ;D

Ponte_Steve24
15-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Yes but he's a grown man XD XD

Exiletyke
15-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Yes but he's a grown man XD XD

Bit of a contentious statement that Ponte:P

Ponte_Steve24
15-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Aye it was Exile. Just trying to join in the light hearted fun :D

Exiletyke
15-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Aye it was Exile. Just trying to join in the light hearted fun :D

You little rascal :)

POGGYWELL
17-08-2017, 09:19 AM
That's all sorted then!

Acido
17-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Not sure if thats a good idea to put him straight back in the team on Satdy, wheres his head at the moment ?.

animallittle3
17-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Not sure if thats a good idea to put him straight back in the team on Satdy, wheres his head at the moment ?.

Get him in for me , the better he plays the more chance of him moving on , win - win .

Acido
17-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Get him in for me , the better he plays the more chance of him moving on , win - win .

Well if his attitude is right then ok, but is he going to be moping about because of his transfer falling through.

DOOALI
17-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Surely it's PH who should know if he's in right frame of mind and match fit

Ponte_Steve24
17-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Put him back in for Blakey off on the buses.

Old Goat
17-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Its up to Hecky to choose the best starting eleven, but Pearson and McCarthy have been growing in confidence in the last 3 home games. Under other circumstances I'd not want to replace either of them, but if Yids can get his head together and deliver the goods, then he could prove to be a handful for the Blades. Tough call though... glad I'n not a manager!

EastStandRed
17-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Rumour is he didn't fail a medical and the pay offer from Huddersfield was less than what Barnsley offered.

Ponte_Steve24
17-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Well then we definitely want shut East stand.