PDA

View Full Version : Why the panic?

JamesMcClean
11-08-2017, 06:45 PM
I can't for the life of me understand the reaction to Wednesday. YES we got knocked out and to them as well, but it's a been a bit OTT a bit. We've had on otherwise great start so far, including beating Dundee ( have we forgotten that already) and winning away to one of our likely closest rivals. We are now coming up for a run of league games where we can both gain lots of points and confidence and push on. Let's face it, had we won on Wednesday we would now be facing an absolute roasting by Celtic which would do no one's confidence any good moving forward.So come on, let's get a grip, back the team and push on.

COYT.

44YYWFA.

ianharab
11-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Agree James , certainly no losing any sleep over it , as you say we beat them last week , have already said couldn't care less about cup runs this year priority has to be the league .

Think we have a squad good enough to go up this year , some o the stuff I have seen on Facebook from the Fun fans is comedy gold , some neep has even got a comemmrative mug

stokearab
11-08-2017, 07:13 PM
I can't for the life of me understand the reaction to Wednesday. YES we got knocked out and to them as well, but it's a been a bit OTT a bit. We've had on otherwise great start so far, including beating Dundee ( have we forgotten that already) and winning away to one of our likely closest rivals. We are now coming up for a run of league games where we can both gain lots of points and confidence and push on. Let's face it, had we won on Wednesday we would now be facing an absolute roasting by Celtic which would do no one's confidence any good moving forward.So come on, let's get a grip, back the team and push on.

COYT.

44YYWFA.

Like Ian I agree. but............

The questions are getting asked because many feel we were outmuscled and outplayed, not acceptable in a Derby at any time.
The questions also keep coming up about formation and the players utilised in the chosen formation.

Doom? No, reasonable to ask questions? Yes

JamesMcClean
11-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Like Ian I agree. but............

The questions are getting asked because many feel we were outmuscled and outplayed, not acceptable in a Derby at any time.
The questions also keep coming up about formation and the players utilised in the chosen formation.

Doom? No, reasonable to ask questions? Yes

Can we not be gracious enough to say that Dundee played well and deserved the win? It happens - for now we move on and go again imo.

tHeArAb
11-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Can we not be gracious enough to say that Dundee played well and deserved the win? It happens - for now we move on and go again imo.
Dundee played better than us, because they have better players than us, because they are a Premiership team. Other Prem vs Champ games in the comp ended 6-0 and 3-0 to the Premiership teams. Lets see how we fair tomorrow before losing the place over getting beat by the odd goal by a team in a league above us.

stokearab
11-08-2017, 07:37 PM

Yeah, agree again, but can see why questions are being asked. Our midfield was not in the game, Dundee got acres of space and it could easily have been 4 or 5-2. ok it wasn't, but........... Also the physicality match up was a real disappointment. A win tomorrow and we're back on track. New players taking time to bed in and get up to match fitness also played a part, but like I say I do understand why questions are getting asked.

edit..........so Scobbie gets roasted by Deacon in the first Derby. What does RM do - start Scobbie in the second! Just one example
And by the way I'm often the first to defend Ray

Arabdownsouth
11-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Yeah, agree again, but can see why questions are being asked. Our midfield was not in the game, Dundee got acres of space and it could easily have been 4 or 5-2. ok it wasn't, but........... Also the physicality match up was a real disappointment. A win tomorrow and we're back on track. New players taking time to bed in and get up to match fitness also played a part, but like I say I do understand why questions are getting asked.

edit..........so Scobbie gets roasted by Deacon in the first Derby. What does RM do - start Scobbie in the second! Just one example
And by the way I'm often the first to defend Ray

I think Ray made sure that king got back as much as possible to help out the left back this time round, something that didn't happen in the first game. Scobbie was only on the pitch less than 20 minutes so pretty harsh to judge either him or the manager on that really

stokearab
11-08-2017, 08:02 PM
I think Ray made sure that king got back as much as possible to help out the left back this time round, something that didn't happen in the first game. Scobbie was only on the pitch less than 20 minutes so pretty harsh to judge either him or the manager on that really

Have to disagree there. Scobbie was in the starting line up and clearly Ray's first choice despite getting roasted in the first game. Yes it was only when he got injured that Robson took control of Deacon but if Scobbie hadn't got injured he'd still be chasing Deacon now.
For me it was obvious to start a faster Robson v Scobbie, and this is just one example of why some posters doubt Ray's ability.

Chick A Saw
11-08-2017, 08:23 PM
James,
I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head!

It was 2 derby games that i could not get excited about, and in the end, i got what i wanted as written in a thread that is no doubt buried. The bonus for me is that getting through the group as winners then dropping out the next round is we got a bit of wedge from 2 games.

Back to the league with what i expect will be a very hard game v a QotS that i think will be one of 4 that will challenge us this season.

stokearab
11-08-2017, 08:28 PM
James,
I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head!

It was 2 derby games that i could not get excited about, and in the end, i got what i wanted as written in a thread that is no doubt buried. The bonus for me is that getting through the group as winners then dropping out the next round is we got a bit of wedge from 2 games.

Back to the league with what i expect will be a very hard game v a QotS that i think will be one of 4 that will challenge us this season.

Hi Chick, last year you had everyone chasing us! Who's your four this year? :P

Chick A Saw
11-08-2017, 09:46 PM
Hi Chick, last year you had everyone chasing us! Who's your four this year? :P

Not sure what you mean? I said right from the start that i didnt think we would get promotion, but was sure we would make the play-offs. When we were dropping like a stone towards the end and playing skite, i did think the team were about to throw it all away!

This season i expect St Mirren, Falkirk and QotS to challenge us, with ICT or Dunfermline to join that group. Pull another striker and a winger out the bag and it will hardly be a challenge!

Otm_Shank
11-08-2017, 11:37 PM
It's how it goes here. We win one week and things are great, as soon as we lose its all over.

PUTAMADRE
11-08-2017, 11:52 PM
Panic is......

- we just got owned from the BnBs

- we play brechin the morn

- manager has no clue on tactics

dont tell me to chill

iv had 4 years of crap rammed down my throat and its got worse and worse

the fans prop the club up but the regime is still dreadful

JamesMcClean
12-08-2017, 12:02 AM

iv had 4 years of crap rammed down my throat

Er, it's QOTS tomorrow bud and 4 years is a bit of an exaggeration. 2 1/2 years since THAT transfer window - I'll give you that.

stokearab
12-08-2017, 05:55 AM
Not sure what you mean? I said right from the start that i didnt think we would get promotion, but was sure we would make the play-offs. When we were dropping like a stone towards the end and playing skite, i did think the team were about to throw it all away!

This season i expect St Mirren, Falkirk and QotS to challenge us, with ICT or Dunfermline to join that group. Pull another striker and a winger out the bag and it will hardly be a challenge!

😅 just teasing Chick. Tbh with the squad as it is we should be winning this league. Add Quinn and a big striker and I think we'll be in very good shape. Don't think we'll see another winger added but could be wrong

TerryTheTerror
12-08-2017, 08:35 AM

FFS, you don't even know who we are playing. :?

An old shed boy
12-08-2017, 08:57 AM
I agree with Stokies posts.
It's not specifically being humbled by Dundee.
But the same concerns as last year over team selection and tactics.

TerryTheTerror
12-08-2017, 09:08 AM
I think we need to wait and see how the league campaign is panning out before getting too critical.

ROMA84
12-08-2017, 09:28 AM
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=fre1IRwB&id=073A39C149625946A10EB7D1CE63408B2180EC22&thid=OIP.fre1IRwB0C24Ml0DmwjsLwEsEA&q=jonesy+dont+panic&simid=608008066154432249&selectedIndex=0

Arabdownsouth
12-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Have to disagree there. Scobbie was in the starting line up and clearly Ray's first choice despite getting roasted in the first game. Yes it was only when he got injured that Robson took control of Deacon but if Scobbie hadn't got injured he'd still be chasing Deacon now.
For me it was obvious to start a faster Robson v Scobbie, and this is just one example of why some posters doubt Ray's ability.

Yeah I'm aware he was in the starting line up. But getting injured early on means we didn't get long enough to judge whether he had learned from the first game

shedboy71
12-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Like to see the team right up for this from the start - direct, hard, quick and shoot.

Just like married ***

Chick A Saw
12-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Like to see the team right up for this from the start - direct, hard, quick and shoot.

Just like married ***

Your doing something wrong if football is comparable to married ***!

shedboy71
12-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Your doing something wrong if football is comparable to married ***!

its equally as frustrating and disappointing i agree XD

JamesMcClean
12-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Having started this thread, the only thing I can say is that winning ugly and getting 3 points when playing scheite is good (I think?!!?).

Oh, and I take it Scott Bain extended his 'holiday' today?!!!:-)