PDA

View Full Version : 16 Mill bid for Wood

pete1967b
11-08-2017, 09:34 PM
So Burnley apparently bid 12 million rejected, Then another prem club come with a 16 million bid,

WTF is it coming to.

Billyni
11-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Be interesting to see how, or even if, he plays tomorrow.

pete1967b
11-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Be interesting to see how, or even if, he plays tomorrow.

Yep if he doesnt play then hes off, But 16 mill for wood jesus snap hands off springs to mind,

Now dont get me wrong im a big fan of wood always have been even when most on here slagged him off, And i think the way we seem to want to play in these early games it suits him and he will get **** load of goals again,

So question is do we sell and if we do is it too late to replace.

Billyni
11-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Tough one. This time last year we'd av cut our loss's and taken 2 mil. Now it cud be 20 mil. But if we keep him and he scores enough to get us promoted, then it turns into 200 mil.
The big question though, is his form going to continue this year.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
11-08-2017, 10:24 PM
He ain't leaving to go to Burnley, my mate who's a Burnley fan laughed when he knew they bidder 12, he ain't going for less than 20, although Burnley signed walters from stoke they've sold gray to Watford for about 15m I think

LeedsFTW
11-08-2017, 11:35 PM
Its a No from me for sure.

Are we going to be able to replace a 30 goal a season striker for 16 mill, I very much doubt it. ( I know Woods has only achieved this once but still) Season has started and I feel the squad has been built a round him, to late for such a significant change.

Opposition teams fear him now.

Think we should only be tempted if a ridiculous amount of money was offered , ie £25 mill plus

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
12-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Prices are irrelevant now, it's all about how important that player is to the team, and without wood we may struggle for goals, he therefore can't leave

españablanco73
12-08-2017, 07:33 AM
I agree with Pete on this one, i think everyone knows i was his biggest advocate on here last season,but...
15-20M is proper wedge, that would pay for all the summer activity, keeping the club on a sound financial footing, and you would have to say the squad looks better now than it has for a number of years, so all good IMO.
Going to stick my neck out though and say hes going nowhere, it would seem a bit daft to loan out Antonsson, the day before we offload Wood, no? [unless theres a marquee striker coming in, but i doubt that!]

Silentman
12-08-2017, 08:05 AM
"So question is do we sell and if we do is it too late to replace"

That's the big one for me; never really been a great Wood fan so I'd let him go but clubs would have us over a barrel if we did that now with the end of the transfer window only a couple of weeks away.

ColombianWhite
12-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Just say No
We are Leeds - stay, get us promoted and we will be bigger again,than these Mickey Mouse clubs
Burnley Brighton etc
MOT

leedsutdman
12-08-2017, 09:39 AM
If he wants to go to the PL now it doesn't really matter what we or the club want. If his heads been turned get rid it'll be Charlie boy all over again.

WTF11
12-08-2017, 09:56 AM
I agree with Pete on this one, i think everyone knows i was his biggest advocate on here last season,but...
15-20M is proper wedge, that would pay for all the summer activity, keeping the club on a sound financial footing, and you would have to say the squad looks better now than it has for a number of years, so all good IMO.
Going to stick my neck out though and say hes going nowhere, it would seem a bit daft to loan out Antonsson, the day before we offload Wood, no? [unless theres a marquee striker coming in, but i doubt that!]

Summer transfers are paid for, there is no reason to sell Wood unless the club simply want the cash. There is no time nor suitable candidate available at a price the club is likely to be able to pay. All comers should be told to do one, end of.

Leighdsunited
12-08-2017, 10:30 AM
It's down to Wood. If he wants to go then it's a case of getting the best price.
Hopefully, he sees potential for Leeds this season, so he may give us until the January window.
Money talks though, so i fear the worst.

Tichi1
12-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Summer transfers are paid for, there is no reason to sell Wood unless the club simply want the cash. There is no time nor suitable candidate available at a price the club is likely to be able to pay. All comers should be told to do one, end of.

Agree 100%

We where found out last season because we only played one way - and teams put two center halves on Wood - stop him and you stopped us.
This season I think we will play a different way and if they put two on Wood others will take advantage.
Don't sell him at any price this window

Billyni
15-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Anyone hear that we have just turned down 20mil ??

BelfastAndy
15-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Someone needs slapped!

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
15-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Surprised if we've rejected 20m, any source confirming this?

Rev72
15-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Turned down 20 million quid :O

Temptation..Temptation..Teeeeemmmmmmmpppppptttttta aaaaaaatttttttiiiiiioooooooonnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

Turfmoorspirit
15-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Just say No
We are Leeds - stay, get us promoted and we will be bigger again,than these Mickey Mouse clubs
Burnley Brighton etc
MOT Totaly agree with you keeping him !

españablanco73
16-08-2017, 06:09 AM
imagine Bates turning down 20M!

Tichi1
16-08-2017, 09:00 AM
So who are we going to buy to replace him - even with the 20 million?

Can't sell now - no decent alternative out there that would cost less - given everyone would know we just banked that much.

He will come good for us again this season - took a while to get going last year if I remember correctly?

Rev72
16-08-2017, 10:27 AM

Bates wouldn't have turned down 2M!

spaldy
16-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Think you have to take 20 million. He's a very good player but that amounts a decent squad in the championship.

WTF11
16-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Think you have to take 20 million. He's a very good player but that amounts a decent squad in the championship.

But who replaces him? And.....even if a suitable replacement exists, how much? And......how long before they become productive? And......can we afford the luxury of such time for a replacement to start doing their job?

If the answers aren't easy ( and I suspect they arent), then forgo the money, get in with playing.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
16-08-2017, 12:28 PM
Ekuban antonsson roofe saiz and doukara have all played as a striker in their career but between them all this season they won't score 30 goals, wood alone has done before now. A PROVEN GOALSCORER would have to be lined up immediately, and I believe 20m would be enough to replace wood

WTF11
16-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Ekuban antonsson roofe saiz and doukara have all played as a striker in their career but between them all this season they won't score 30 goals, wood alone has done before now. A PROVEN GOALSCORER would have to be lined up immediately, and I believe 20m would be enough to replace wood

And the point of replacing a player who has proven his credentials with one who might, with no financial gain?

Leave well alone. We have enough issues putting the ball in the net without introducing another unknown factor.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
16-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Wtf I'm not saying sell him, I'm saying IF a PROVEN GOALSCORER is available, then selling wood for no less than 20m is doable

Tichi1
16-08-2017, 03:29 PM
And the point of replacing a player who has proven his credentials with one who might, with no financial gain?

Leave well alone. We have enough issues putting the ball in the net without introducing another unknown factor.

Well there you go, just this once WTF11 and I are 100% agreed! :heart: :heart:

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
16-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Tichi read my reply, then you and wtf will both stop misunderstanding my original post about it

fredlufc74
16-08-2017, 03:49 PM
I'm 50/50 on this one, if we sell him and can replace him with a proven striker then perhaps we can move away from just the one up front and open up more tactics and more plans.

I like Wood and his workrate but again are we just going with the same formation all season as the last one? I believe we need to step away from the 1-4-2-3-1 formation sometimes, not just change the plan during the last 15-20 minutes of the match but maybe start with a different line up to shake things up a bit and keep the opposition on their toes.

Tichi1
16-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Not sure we know what the plan is for the rest of the season

fredlufc74
16-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Fully respect that Tich, I'm not saying get rid of Wood, just would like more options in formations but as you have said we don't know what TC will do for the rest of the season and we have to start somewhere.

Hopefully once the team gels we might get more options. I was happy with last nights result though.

Billyni
16-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Id take the money. Theres bound to be another striker around who can miss sitters and knock a few in off his arse B)

LeedsFTW
16-08-2017, 06:38 PM
A few rumours floating about that we are looking at Macontract on loan, whom is currently only earning a miserly 45k per week for doing nowt.

españablanco73
16-08-2017, 06:42 PM
im pissing myself reading this thread, everyone´s 3M donkey from last season.fickle ****ers.

Tichi1
16-08-2017, 08:15 PM
im pissing myself reading this thread, everyone´s 3M donkey from last season.fickle ****ers.

Fair play blanco - milk it for all it's worth!O:)

alfinyalcabo
16-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Totaly agree with you keeping him !

Hes not good enough to play for the Clarets ..

alfinyalcabo
16-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Just say No
Burnley Brighton etc
MOT

Another deluded dirty Leeds fan who still thinks his Club are Massive whilst performing in the lower divisions over the last decade or so.. ..lol
Looks like Leeds are becoming a feeder club for the super Clarets Columbian.. :D

WTF11
16-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Tichi read my reply, then you and wtf will both stop misunderstanding my original post about it

Clive, I fully understand your point. My point (and that of Tich (how many times is it possible to say that!😉?)) is that there isn't a desperate need for a Wood replacement, there isn't a likely replacement even if one were needed, and there'd be no financial incentive if we have to spend all that we would realise from selling.

That being said, who knows what will happen in the crazy world of Leeds United.

Billyni
16-08-2017, 09:03 PM
Another deluded dirty Leeds fan who still thinks his Club are Massive whilst performing in the lower divisions over the last decade or so.. ..lol
Looks like Leeds are becoming a feeder club for the super Clarets Columbian.. :D

If yous now sell your 2nd best player after Andre Gray and gather up another 10 mil or so, we might take your bid seriously. Radz dosent recognise 'quick quid'

whitestomper45
17-08-2017, 06:09 AM
When was the last time we turned down a bid of 20M, come to think of it when did we have a player at that value, even with the ridiculous increase in valuations. Has to have some impact on the player though, the possibility of playing at the top level in the here and now and probably securing financial security. Wouldn't blame anyone if he does go but needs to be this week before its far too late for any replacement even on a loan basis.

joellufcprice
17-08-2017, 10:52 PM

We've spent years selling our top talent to keep us a sound financial footing and where has it got us? Time to keep hold of our top talent and go for the top 6.

joellufcprice
17-08-2017, 10:54 PM
When was the last time we turned down a bid of 20M, come to think of it when did we have a player at that value, even with the ridiculous increase in valuations. Has to have some impact on the player though, the possibility of playing at the top level in the here and now and probably securing financial security. Wouldn't blame anyone if he does go but needs to be this week before its far too late for any replacement even on a loan basis.

Cook with 3+ years on his contract would have fetched that imo and probably Delph if we had him now to sell would be worth that.

joellufcprice
17-08-2017, 10:56 PM

Is it though? 20m in this league gets you not a right lot these days. Just look at the money Monk has spent at Boro

spaldy
18-08-2017, 12:21 PM
I"m sure I'm not the only one that struggles with making the transition from a great team that almost went defunct and had to get their house in order to one that spends/competes with the big boys.

I'm financially risk averse by nature so I'd never had the stones to buy something as high risk as a pro sports team (not that I'd ever have the money to) but it's obvious that the our new owner has a totally different take on it.

Of course, if he gets us promoted his pay off will be much greater than selling players for big money... no matter how much they get.

it's seems that he's betting on that and anyone he sells is because he deems them surplus. Taylor he had no choice but everyone else falls in that catagory so far.

whitestomper45
18-08-2017, 02:23 PM
We've spent years selling our top talent to keep us a sound financial footing and where has it got us? Time to keep hold of our top talent and go for the top 6. In the past its been owners who mostly trousered the money or bought mediocrity to replace mostly our young emerging players. This owner has already proven he is willing to invest far more than these recent owners.

whitestomper45
18-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Cook with 3+ years on his contract would have fetched that imo and probably Delph if we had him now to sell would be worth that.

Thing is we didn't keep hold of them till they reached that value

españablanco73
18-08-2017, 04:02 PM
seems Wood is being offered a better contract, good news, sends the right message.

WTF11
18-08-2017, 05:35 PM
seems Wood is being offered a better contract, good news, sends the right message.

And rumoured not to want to sign up.

Let's see what happens. I for one want him to stay, no ifs, buts of maybes.

Silentman
18-08-2017, 06:20 PM
I think contract offer is timed to force the matter, either sign up or ship out.

Billyni
18-08-2017, 06:22 PM
He's gonna be gone.

españablanco73
18-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Better a resolution now if he wants out, club says hes not for sale, offered better contract, but im sure someone somewhere will be blaming the club.

Rev72
18-08-2017, 07:12 PM
If he wants to go and the price is right then its best we sell..feckin short notice tho for us to get a replacement in.

Rev72
18-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Just to add I would rather he stay.

whitestomper45
18-08-2017, 07:43 PM
If he's had head turned by securing his future and also playing some part in the PL this season and we get 20M then think its everyone's interest.
Offering him an improved contract will end up increasing the overall wage structure and possibly unsettle others, Pontus and co agents will quite rightly start getting in their ears. We still have time to sign decent players, even on loan till January.

I can't see him shining in the PL but fair fecks to him if he thinks he can give it a go.

norfolk white
18-08-2017, 08:09 PM
If wood goes, and there's a strong probability he will, who is going to replace him, Christiansen is already been looking at strikers to join wood, not replace him, that means he would then want two strikers.

whitestomper45
18-08-2017, 09:35 PM
If wood goes, and there's a strong probability he will, who is going to replace him, Christiansen is already been looking at strikers to join wood, not replace him, that means he would then want two strikers.

Think we might play a different style, with maybe two attackers. It would probably make recruitment easier, when you have one up front any potential signing knows he will be doing a fair bit of bench warming

coeman
18-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Here is Coemans take. Been a revelation for us. IF he says he wants a move then he can f££ck off! Smples. We carry on! Lets hope he bangs a hatrick in against Sunderland on his way out. Why would we want to keep a player who doesn't want us???

WTF11
18-08-2017, 10:35 PM
Here is Coemans take. Been a revelation for us. IF he says he wants a move then he can f££ck off! Smples. We carry on! Lets hope he bangs a hatrick in against Sunderland on his way out. Why would we want to keep a player who doesn't want us???

F00king typical, not one word from the player himself, but let's not stop that from telling him to f00k the hell off, and we are all f00king Leeds, the f00k we are. Disgraceful sh1te is Coemans "take" no more, no less.

Going to bed, lest I do something I will regret.

WTF11
18-08-2017, 10:50 PM

Newsflash .........

Giles/Bremner seek new challenge, Manchester United offer huge money deal to key Leeds duo, reports Daily Spurt.

"F00k them" says long term supporter Coeman, "If they want to go, then good riddance".

Shameful. 😝😝😝😝

whitestomper45
18-08-2017, 10:52 PM
IF......being the important bit of Coeman's comment

Quicknick
18-08-2017, 11:49 PM
Looks like he's going to Burnley.

Rev72
19-08-2017, 12:26 AM
15 million plus add-on's is what is believed to be the deal.

Could f*ck up our season this move.

We'll see....

joellufcprice
19-08-2017, 01:49 AM
15 million plus add-on's is what is believed to be the deal.

Could f*ck up our season this move.

We'll see....

In the Mirror of all places, not a paper known for making crap up about LUFC.......

I'll believe it when Phil Hay is tweeting about it or when he doesn't play vs Sunderland tomorrow.

Whatever happens I think this weekend they either need to tell him to pack his bags and sign for Burnley or do exactly what Southampton have done with Van Dijk and just say you ain't going. It isn't up to Wood at the end of the day, it's the clubs choice, though I do feel people need to be careful as Wood hasn't said anything and we don't know what he is thinking despite what some red top papers are 'reporting'. Remember the last time we had a big scoring striker with offers on the table and chose to keep him and lose on a free, that paid off in the end and that was Bates of all people in charge at the time!

ColombianWhite
19-08-2017, 05:49 AM
Wood must decide if he wants to go and put in a transfer request
Take the money and buy someone half decent .
P-M Lasonga sounds like trouble
Zohore from Cardiff could be an option but I am sure Orta has options already picked out
MOT

Jezleeds
19-08-2017, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure about this one - a big part of me knows that a 30 goal striker can't be replaced. But i also agree with others on here who see the many misses and the clumsiness. But goals are goals.

On the other hand, i wonder if with the new players and the way the squad has shaped so far that he would be scoring regularly this year anyway - last year played to his strengths, but did it play to the rest of the squad ultimately? Given how it all ended up, maybe spreading goals around (if we can) rather than having a very specific Plan A and nothing else is a better way. Only time will tell.

The fact is, a bad season from now, if Wood goes, will mean that was (maybe) a huge mistake. A great season with a couple of replacements who are more versatile will be a masterstroke.

It's like a big version of making a crucial substitution - let's hope it's not Bobby Charlton v West Germany 1970.

Billyni
19-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Wood must decide if he wants to go and put in a transfer request
Take the money and buy someone half decent .
P-M Lasonga sounds like trouble
Zohore from Cardiff could be an option but I am sure Orta has options already picked out
MOT

Yeah theres bound to be another striker somewhere in the world to match New Zealands finest.

coeman
19-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Thanx whitestomper for actually reading my post. How many times WTF have you told people to correctly read your posts? And you call me a disgrace! You really are a cretin! So to clarify, Wood is the best striker we have had in a long time and I'd love him to stay. But IF he's decided to turn his back on us then yes he can f€ck off!

referee69
19-08-2017, 10:40 AM
I don't want to see Wood leave but if he's had his head turned then he's no use to us and we should cash in for as much as possible with decent sell-on clauses. I would love to see Troy Deeney come in on loan as a replacement....... Although AR has spent/invested in players in this window, don't forget that the Taylor money from Burnley will have funded quite a lot of that and buying the ground was a good investment. Hi all.....

WTF11
19-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Thanx whitestomper for actually reading my post. How many times WTF have you told people to correctly read your posts? And you call me a disgrace! You really are a cretin! So to clarify, Wood is the best striker we have had in a long time and I'd love him to stay. But IF he's decided to turn his back on us then yes he can f€ck off!

You and ws should get a room.

The point of my reply to your post was quite clear, even if you choose not to see it.

gupt13
19-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Nice to see you Ref, you keeping away like me due to a couple of proper buffoons annoying the **** out of the old posters lol?
I hope you're fine and dandy after your challenging last year or 2?
I think Wood is a one horse trick who found the ideal slot as a lone dog up front and had a great season because of it.
I'm far from certain he can be anywhere near as prolific with players who can play in and around him. As a target man he's good, playing off or around others where he'd usually be on his lonesome picking his slots I'm not so sure. Let's say I'm wrong and his lacklustre performances recently have been because his head has been turned. Ultimately I think we won't know if I'm right as he'll be off.
I actually I think with the attacking players we have we'll score the goals from behind him that we couldn't buy for love nor money last season, I predict we will score more goals overall than we did last term.
Still need a replacement though.

Rev72
19-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Good to see a couple of old faces on this forum :)

ALAW MOT

Rev72
19-08-2017, 12:27 PM
In the Mirror of all places, not a paper known for making crap up about LUFC.......

I'll believe it when Phil Hay is tweeting about it or when he doesn't play vs Sunderland tomorrow.

Whatever happens I think this weekend they either need to tell him to pack his bags and sign for Burnley or do exactly what Southampton have done with Van Dijk and just say you ain't going. It isn't up to Wood at the end of the day, it's the clubs choice, though I do feel people need to be careful as Wood hasn't said anything and we don't know what he is thinking despite what some red top papers are 'reporting'. Remember the last time we had a big scoring striker with offers on the table and chose to keep him and lose on a free, that paid off in the end and that was Bates of all people in charge at the time!

Wood has travelled with the team but Burnley don't want him to play.

From the Burnley end they seem to think its a done deal. (phil hay twitter)

I actually thought that we would not be selling one of our top players this season but I suppose some things never change at LUFC.

We need to get back to the top flight asap cos this will keep happening until we do!

whitestomper45
19-08-2017, 12:29 PM
You and ws should get a room.

The point of my reply to your post was quite clear, even if you choose not to see it.

Yeah as usual if we didn't always miss your inciteful well thought out point...IF IF IF

españablanco73
19-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Wood has travelled with the team but Burnley don't want him to play.

From the Burnley end they seem to think its a done deal. (phil hay twitter)

I actually thought that we would not be selling one of our top players this season but I suppose some things never change at LUFC.

We need to get back to the top flight asap cos this will keep happening until we do!

What the F does it matter what Burnley want?

Rev72
19-08-2017, 01:36 PM
What the F does it matter what Burnley want?

It matters not BB..but we are selling him and if he gets injured the deals off.

Then we are left with an injured player who no longer wants to be a Leeds player..not a good outcome am sure you will agree.

Makes sense not to play him anyway really..his head/heart won't be in it.

norfolk white
19-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Bit of a blow and bad timing on his part to suddenly up and go, his body language showed first 3 games, didn't celebrate much at Bolton and didn't look gutted for missing chances against Preston and Fulham. I know 30 goals are 30 goals but his control at times was woeful, a better striker would have had us 3 wins out of 3, the lone striker up front is not one I like, can be easily marked out of the game, as wood was many a time, also why have Burnley suddenly seen wood as their striker, I can't see him getting much game time, there are better strikers around in the championship they could have gone for, let's hope a replacement or 2 are signed quickly....saying all that I will still be sorry to see him to.

Rev72
19-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Didn't he turn down the improved contract as well..I think he did..so its seems he wants out so that is the way it goes i'm afraid.

No point having a player who don't want to be here..best for all concerned he goes.

gupt13
19-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Good to see a couple of old faces on this forum :)

ALAW MOT

Cheers Rev, I pop in for a neb almost every day pal. I just can't be doing with the inflated egos and keyboard warriors 😉

I filter the tosh and enjoy the measured posts and banter of the majority very much.

WTF11
19-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Yeah as usual if we didn't always miss your inciteful well thought out point...IF IF IF

No, the point was clear. "Turn his back on us" FFS how old are we?? And whether he leaves or not, without him last season we would have been fighting relegation, not trying for the playoffs.Would "Radders" have been so keen to take full control if thats where we had ended up? Suggesting he can "feck off" without actually knowing what the guy wants (even if it's an if) , seems slightly ungrateful?

Turfmoorspirit
19-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Just to add I would rather he stay. So would i ..

norfolk white
19-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Think we'd all like him to stay but he's gone, he's wanted to go and like everyone else in football his loyalty was zilch

costa_blanca_white
19-08-2017, 03:03 PM
He'll do fcuk in the Prem B)

Billyni
19-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Its over. Move on. Thanks for one good season. As usual the only loyalty lies with us mug supporters.

coeman
19-08-2017, 03:47 PM
So he 'doesn't feel it right to play for Leeds tonight' basically WTF he's turned his back on us! We shouldn't pay him this week either. Refusing to play for a club he's contracted to? He can f€ck right off!

CalverleyBoy
19-08-2017, 03:50 PM
15,16 or 20 million ffs - you could buy half of the houses in Burnley for that money.

WTF11
19-08-2017, 03:57 PM
So he 'doesn't feel it right to play for Leeds tonight' basically WTF he's turned his back on us! We shouldn't pay him this week either. Refusing to play for a club he's contracted to? He can f€ck right off!

No more and no less than many others. Don't like it but as so many have advised me in that past, that's modern football for you.

I wish the guy well, wasn't his biggest fan at the start of last season (ask Bb), but his performance and drive made me change my mind and like I said, without his goals we would probably have been fighting relegation (always time for that in another season).

I guess you're not quite thinking on those lines. Fickle works both ways I guess.

WTF11
19-08-2017, 03:59 PM

BTW, as for not playing today, sure dock his wages, I'm sure he gives a flying f00k, and would you like him to play taking a place that could be occupied by a "real" Leeds player?

coeman
19-08-2017, 04:03 PM
No i would have dropped him! He shouldn't be dictating to the manager it should be the other way round!

WTF11
19-08-2017, 04:18 PM
No i would have dropped him! He shouldn't be dictating to the manager it should be the other way round!

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. If you were coach would you have had him travel with the squad, knowing what was going on.

Honestly I agree with you, drop him and dont pay him if he doesnt play. Where we differ is the bile that gets spewed on a player if they " get their heads turned" when everyone trots out the same mantra "it's modern football, there is no loyalty" so what the f00k do you expect?

Turfmoorspirit
19-08-2017, 05:52 PM
15,16 or 20 million ffs - you could buy half of the houses in Leeds for that money. You sure can !:)

CalverleyBoy
19-08-2017, 06:35 PM
You sure can !:)

Ha Ha - I was being serious - Cog Street. Dickson Street, Reed St, Cobden that 100 k spent

Rev72
19-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Its over. Move on. Thanks for one good season. As usual the only loyalty lies with us mug supporters.

Summed up perfectly billy.

WTF11
19-08-2017, 07:00 PM

Agreed.

referee69
19-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Hi Gupt, hope you had a good holiday! Yes mate, beat cancer and back fit and refereeing at a decent level again. I stayed away because there were a few thrushes (irritating c??ts) on the board and I have no time for their drivel!
Thought we played well tonight, Alioski and Saiz look a formidable partnership and with the core of Jannson, Ayling, Phillips and captain Cooper to steady the ship, I'm optimistic that we can win more games than we lose. Injuries are going to play a big part in our season!

Billyni
19-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Hi Gupt, hope you had a good holiday! Yes mate, beat cancer and back fit and refereeing at a decent level again. I stayed away because there were a few thrushes (irritating c??ts) on the board and I have no time for their drivel!
Thought we played well tonight, Alioski and Saiz look a formidable partnership and with the core of Jannson, Ayling, Phillips and captain Cooper to steady the ship, I'm optimistic that we can win more games than we lose. Injuries are going to play a big part in our season!

Nice one mate. Good man.

Ozwhites
19-08-2017, 07:45 PM

Well in Ref. Great to see the health sorted...and back on here contributing! 😉

WTF11
19-08-2017, 10:09 PM

The name is unfamiliar, but clearly known to others and anyone who beats the sh1tty C deserves a shout. Well done.

As to today, agree 100%

t_bird7982
19-08-2017, 11:08 PM
"Hi Gupt, hope you had a good holiday! Yes mate, beat cancer and back fit and refereeing at a decent level again. I stayed away because there were a few thrushes (irritating c??ts) on the board and I have no time for their drivel!
Thought we played well tonight, Alioski and Saiz look a formidable partnership and with the core of Jannson, Ayling, Phillips and captain Cooper to steady the ship, I'm optimistic that we can win more games than we lose. Injuries are going to play a big part in our season!"

Good to see you back mate (as well as other posters) and, just like you, I hardly post these days because of one particular poster who thinks he's the most knowledgeable on all matters known to mankind...... :mad:

gupt13
20-08-2017, 12:06 AM
"Hi Gupt, hope you had a good holiday! Yes mate, beat cancer and back fit and refereeing at a decent level again. I stayed away because there were a few thrushes (irritating c??ts) on the board and I have no time for their drivel!
Thought we played well tonight, Alioski and Saiz look a formidable partnership and with the core of Jannson, Ayling, Phillips and captain Cooper to steady the ship, I'm optimistic that we can win more games than we lose. Injuries are going to play a big part in our season!"

Good to see you back mate (as well as other posters) and, just like you, I hardly post these days because of one particular poster who thinks he's the most knowledgeable on all matters known to mankind...... :mad:

Each to their own pal, we all have an opinion and a right to voice that opinion I guess. It's a real shame that so many knowledgeable, intelligent and ardent posters have given up adding their two penneth in recent years. I see you and George K sticking your oars in occasionally along with Black Spaven amongst others and it's good to see.
I see Refs posts on FB occasionally and know what he's been through so utter respect there from me.
Yes Ref, I've had a good few breaks in recent times, 53 flights last 12 months lol.
As for today (probably against Fulhsm too) I've seen real progress in relation to the players and the managers talent beginning to shine, he's got real pedigree and I think those that disagree with that don't know what they're talking about! The BOD will be vindicated, of that I'm sure.
There's been real quality added to the key managerial and scouting areas. The utter rubbish I've read about "jobs for the boys" and narcissistic practices has had me both fuming and chuckling in recent weeks. Who the f*** did we think the owner would employ, complete strangers (it's an incestuous business in any event) or people he knows/trusts/had recommended? It's absolutely reasonable that they use and trust their contacts who (due to their nationality and nationalities of their contacts) predictably recommend those players they're familiar with from the leagues they're familiar with, it is their area of expertise after all! Hence the legion of foreign imports. I get the whole "the championship is the hardest this, the hardest that" etc but the cream ALWAYS rises to the top and these guys aren't buying rubbish or spending small amounts on tack. In no way can the current foreign players be compared to previous years where bargain basement was chanced upon with the odd gem uncovered. It's different now and these guys are top notch choosing quality they know about in leagues/areas they know about that are under the radar and out of reach of your average scouting teams in the UK. We're building something very special at this moment in time. I like to see local talent and home grown players in my team, we all do, but I also want to win and see us back with the big boys asap. I'm so excited to see how the u23's and the youth set up progresses this year. We could see something very special happen there.
I'm certain our new owner, his new management team and far reaching vision will silence the perennial negativity and moaning by some that has infected this board for too long.
Sticking my head out to get shot at seeing as Wood is history but I feel very positive about this season and I'm sure we'll be there or there abouts come May.

Ozwhites
20-08-2017, 05:16 AM
Each to their own pal, we all have an opinion and a right to voice that opinion I guess. It's a real shame that so many knowledgeable, intelligent and ardent posters have given up adding their two penneth in recent years. I see you and George K sticking your oars in occasionally along with Black Spaven amongst others and it's good to see.
I see Refs posts on FB occasionally and know what he's been through so utter respect there from me.
Yes Ref, I've had a good few breaks in recent times, 53 flights last 12 months lol.
As for today (probably against Fulhsm too) I've seen real progress in relation to the players and the managers talent beginning to shine, he's got real pedigree and I think those that disagree with that don't know what they're talking about! The BOD will be vindicated, of that I'm sure.
There's been real quality added to the key managerial and scouting areas. The utter rubbish I've read about "jobs for the boys" and narcissistic practices has had me both fuming and chuckling in recent weeks. Who the f*** did we think the owner would employ, complete strangers (it's an incestuous business in any event) or people he knows/trusts/had recommended? It's absolutely reasonable that they use and trust their contacts who (due to their nationality and nationalities of their contacts) predictably recommend those players they're familiar with from the leagues they're familiar with, it is their area of expertise after all! Hence the legion of foreign imports. I get the whole "the championship is the hardest this, the hardest that" etc but the cream ALWAYS rises to the top and these guys aren't buying rubbish or spending small amounts on tack. In no way can the current foreign players be compared to previous years where bargain basement was chanced upon with the odd gem uncovered. It's different now and these guys are top notch choosing quality they know about in leagues/areas they know about that are under the radar and out of reach of your average scouting teams in the UK. We're building something very special at this moment in time. I like to see local talent and home grown players in my team, we all do, but I also want to win and see us back with the big boys asap. I'm so excited to see how the u23's and the youth set up progresses this year. We could see something very special happen there.
I'm certain our new owner, his new management team and far reaching vision will silence the perennial negativity and moaning by some that has infected this board for too long.
Sticking my head out to get shot at seeing as Wood is history but I feel very positive about this season and I'm sure we'll be there or there abouts come May.

Regardless of whether some share your optimism, I'm sure they'd take your prognosis! 🤗 MOT...

españablanco73
20-08-2017, 06:29 AM
cracking post Gupt, agree with most of it.

WTF11
20-08-2017, 09:21 AM

I suspect the less than subtle dig in T-birds post and the reference to thrushes is aimed in my direction?

Strange isn't it, little old me, posting "drivel" and being too opinionated for some, has driven all you big roughty roughty guys away, just by typing a few words and expressing an opinion. I mean, how much of a girl do you have to be for that to happen?

If you don't like what I post, ignore it, I'm
hardly hiding away am I? If you reply, why?

But all of you blaming one poster for your lack of motivation to post I just a bit sad, don't you think?😥

UbiqueLUFC33
20-08-2017, 10:43 AM
I know it's very early days and, as the saying goes, one swallow does not a summer make, however .......

Before the Sunderland game I was mildly concerned about Woods' departure. Having watched the way we played yesterday with much more imagination, flair and displaying different options I am much more sanguine (even optimistic) about the future. There's no denying Woods had a great season and was instrumental in our achievement of a 'nearly' top 6 finish but the problem is we had become extremely one dimensional and therefore predictable. If things didn't go well (and that generally meant in games that Woods didn't score) then we didn't really have a 'Plan B'. I think that this season teams would have worked us out and been able to either swamp Woods with markers, isolate him or cut off the supply. We would have struggled to even match our results of last year but now this enforced change could work in our favour. For the first time in at least 3 seasons our new creative / attacking signings actually look like quality players who will make us better. Hopefully, it will mean that we don't have to play Sacko EVER again! If we can also use the £15M wisely to buy 1 or 2 new players (avoiding the inflated prices that will come with us having some money for a change) then this could further enhance a team that has clear potential to both play better football and achieve better results. I wish Woods well and am grateful for what he achieved with and for us but no player is ever bigger than the Club.

MoT

Rev72
20-08-2017, 10:54 AM
I suspect the less than subtle dig in T-birds post and the reference to thrushes is aimed in my direction?

Strange isn't it, little old me, posting "drivel" and being too opinionated for some, has driven all you big roughty roughty guys away, just by typing a few words and expressing an opinion. I mean, how much of a girl do you have to be for that to happen?

If you don't like what I post, ignore it, I'm
hardly hiding away am I? If you reply, why?

But all of you blaming one poster for your lack of motivation to post I just a bit sad, don't you think?😥

Rev72
20-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Lets not f@rt about here..how many times over the last few seasons have we sold our better players for what ever reason and not replaced em with the similar quality?

Its hardly a surprise some of us have concerns but the performance we put on yesterday should ease our concerns some what..even tho I feared the worst with the CW situation.

Best case scenario we get top 2..next best scenario top 6..worst case scenario mid table..that is how I see it now.

Better than we have had for years..get ready to ride the roller-coaster boys and girls and WTF :)

MOT ALAW

Rev72
20-08-2017, 11:08 AM

Well done pal..always good to hear that evil disease has lost again. B)

Blackspaven
20-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Good to see a few old faces on this thread,... Ref, Gupt, all you other cnuts!! :)

Yeah, same as you Gupt, I look most days but I don't post much now as there's a lot of bickering going on in a different way to when Pat et al were around, the Linton days: seems to be a lot less posters in general so the arguments are smaller cliques. God bless Barney, wherever he may be, he was always good value for a blowout and a flounce before a glorious return and apology! :D

Each to their own, but I've said it before many times that I didn't rate Wood, and it was mentioned on this thread that he may well have just had one cracking season: I honestly believe that we've pulled off a coup on this one! The man was undeniably good in the air and pretty good at linking up, but, as mentioned, unless the whole focus was on getting the ball to him as a spearhead of the team and giving him several chances in the process, he didn't seem to be particularly clinical or, well, good! Have a look at the 30 goals and taking away the headers and penalties, how many weren't shinners, miskicks and scuffs? Only a handful were something akin to a decent striker's bread & butter. He made the team play a certain way with no plan b which hurt us in the long run, imho. If you're happy to play with that single perspective, then that's great, but every one of us was worried he'd pick up an injury for that sole reason, and that's not healthy for a team.

I only caught the game from just before our first goal, but watching yesterday, we were fluid, expansive, creative and boy did we close down like a muthaf*cker!! It looks like Christiansen brought that 6 second rule from his time at Barca, and it showed. It was fantastic viewing and reminded me what it's like when one's team is in full flow. Me and the fans in the pub were so pumped watching it and for the first time in years I didn't think 'oh, one up,... god, they're gonna score!'. I was expecting us to push on,... and we did... against a team just down from the Prem!

Barring injuries and once we've got into a groove, I genuinely think this season is gonna show a more complete team with the ability to change and adapt.

Bring it on, MOT!!! :)

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
20-08-2017, 12:05 PM
13 British/Irish players available in our squad, 10 foreigners available in our squad, I'd say it's fairly well balanced!

gupt13
20-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Good to see a few old faces on this thread,... Ref, Gupt, all you other cnuts!! :)

Yeah, same as you Gupt, I look most days but I don't post much now as there's a lot of bickering going on in a different way to when Pat et al were around, the Linton days: seems to be a lot less posters in general so the arguments are smaller cliques. God bless Barney, wherever he may be, he was always good value for a blowout and a flounce before a glorious return and apology! :D

Each to their own, but I've said it before many times that I didn't rate Wood, and it was mentioned on this thread that he may well have just had one cracking season: I honestly believe that we've pulled off a coup on this one! The man was undeniably good in the air and pretty good at linking up, but, as mentioned, unless the whole focus was on getting the ball to him as a spearhead of the team and giving him several chances in the process, he didn't seem to be particularly clinical or, well, good! Have a look at the 30 goals and taking away the headers and penalties, how many weren't shinners, miskicks and scuffs? Only a handful were something akin to a decent striker's bread & butter. He made the team play a certain way with no plan b which hurt us in the long run, imho. If you're happy to play with that single perspective, then that's great, but every one of us was worried he'd pick up an injury for that sole reason, and that's not healthy for a team.

I only caught the game from just before our first goal, but watching yesterday, we were fluid, expansive, creative and boy did we close down like a muthaf*cker!! It looks like Christiansen brought that 6 second rule from his time at Barca, and it showed. It was fantastic viewing and reminded me what it's like when one's team is in full flow. Me and the fans in the pub were so pumped watching it and for the first time in years I didn't think 'oh, one up,... god, they're gonna score!'. I was expecting us to push on,... and we did... against a team just down from the Prem!

Barring injuries and once we've got into a groove, I genuinely think this season is gonna show a more complete team with the ability to change and adapt.

Now the Blackspaven, good post that and highlighted the one thing I forgot to mention, the horrible prospect of an injury to Wood and us being left high and dry without quality backup.

We don't have that issue now and with one or two additions we'll be bang on

WTF11
20-08-2017, 04:21 PM

You see, you just can't help yourself, can you?:P

WTF11
20-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Lets not f@rt about here..how many times over the last few seasons have we sold our better players for what ever reason and not replaced em with the similar quality?

Its hardly a surprise some of us have concerns but the performance we put on yesterday should ease our concerns some what..even tho I feared the worst with the CW situation.

Best case scenario we get top 2..next best scenario top 6..worst case scenario mid table..that is how I see it now.

Better than we have had for years..get ready to ride the roller-coaster boys and girls and WTF :)

MOT ALAW

I'm not a boy or a girl? How very dare you! :P

españablanco73
20-08-2017, 04:37 PM
always thought you mightve been one of these "gender fluid" types WTF.

Rev72
20-08-2017, 04:43 PM
You see, you just can't help yourself, can you?:P

Thought I was showing some compassion to be honest O:)

WTF11
20-08-2017, 05:11 PM
always thought you mightve been one of these "gender fluid" types WTF.

How very dare you too! :P (And why would you think that? Cheeky!)

WTF11
20-08-2017, 05:12 PM

Yeah, I need that! ;D

españablanco73
20-08-2017, 06:51 PM

its in the way you flounce ;D

sorry! was in reply to WTFs gender issues!

Ozwhites
20-08-2017, 07:06 PM

Ah yes...the Lintongate saga. Had everyone 2nd guessing what the hell was happening!...lol. And poor old Barney. He certainly took offence when his opinion was challenged. And don't hear from Donnywhites anymore either...

WTF11
20-08-2017, 07:40 PM
its in the way you flounce ;D

sorry! was in reply to WTFs gender issues!

I have NO gender issues, cheeky! :P

WTF11
20-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Ah yes...the Lintongate saga. Had everyone 2nd guessing what the hell was happening!...lol. And poor old Barney. He certainly took offence when his opinion was challenged. And don't hear from Donnywhites anymore either...

What, who? I know DWG, the rest.....?

gupt13
20-08-2017, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=Ozwhites;38628416]Ah yes...the Lintongate saga. Had everyone 2nd guessing what the hell was happening!...lol. And poor old Barney. He certainly took offence when his opinion was challenged. And don't hear from Donnywhites anymore either...[/QUOTE

Jesus Oz, Linton White, I'd almost forgotten about that psycho, she (it, who?). Who was it that fell in love with her, Pat or Barney, Pat I think? God rest both of their souls :/
She had us ALL sucked in for sure with her Walter Mitty world. I've no idea if she actually died or not or was that fiction too? She used to message me on Facebook too!
I'm embarrassed to say Mrs O reminded me of her at first :(
Those were great times on here for sure.

gupt13
20-08-2017, 08:14 PM
What, who? I know DWG, the rest.....?

Linton White was a poster living in a dream world of lies and deceit. She was gorgeous, had Ferrari's and a huge pad whilst she (apparently) lived the life of luxury. When she got caught out and it hit the fan things got a tad naughty and (correct me if I'm wrong folks) she (no real idea who it was) died also?

I mentioned Pat in another thread (see Pats corner) and Barney was a really nice guy who'd take things personally and spit his dummy out regularly before sloping back at a later time, everybody really liked the guy. Both died within a short time of each other.

Then there was Skippy (sad cnut) any all his pseudonyms, I used to laugh my nads off at that sad acts drivel and drug induced bowlocks lol

WTF11
20-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Linton White was a poster living in a dream world of lies and deceit. She was gorgeous, had Ferrari's and a huge pad whilst she (apparently) lived the life of luxury. When she got caught out and it hit the fan things got a tad naughty and (correct me if I'm wrong folks) she (no real idea who it was) died also?

I mentioned Pat in another thread (see Pats corner) and Barney was a really nice guy who'd take things personally and spit his dummy out regularly before sloping back at a later time, everybody really liked the guy. Both died within a short time of each other.

Then there was Skippy (sad cnut) any all his pseudonyms, I used to laugh my nads off at that sad acts drivel and drug induced bowlocks lol

So nobody like me then (I feel slightly inadequate now!).

fredlufc74
20-08-2017, 11:02 PM
What ever happened to smileybadge? I remember him before we moved over to Luisa that mikelufc started after this board went to pieces.
And is Fen still about, seen a couple of posts from him a season or two ago but nothing since.

Rev72
20-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Think a few could be on chat fred.

Quicknick
20-08-2017, 11:36 PM
His name is Wood, not Woods.

Quicknick
20-08-2017, 11:37 PM
I know it's very early days and, as the saying goes, one swallow does not a summer make, however .......

Before the Sunderland game I was mildly concerned about Woods' departure. Having watched the way we played yesterday with much more imagination, flair and displaying different options I am much more sanguine (even optimistic) about the future. There's no denying Woods had a great season and was instrumental in our achievement of a 'nearly' top 6 finish but the problem is we had become extremely one dimensional and therefore predictable. If things didn't go well (and that generally meant in games that Woods didn't score) then we didn't really have a 'Plan B'. I think that this season teams would have worked us out and been able to either swamp Woods with markers, isolate him or cut off the supply. We would have struggled to even match our results of last year but now this enforced change could work in our favour. For the first time in at least 3 seasons our new creative / attacking signings actually look like quality players who will make us better. Hopefully, it will mean that we don't have to play Sacko EVER again! If we can also use the £15M wisely to buy 1 or 2 new players (avoiding the inflated prices that will come with us having some money for a change) then this could further enhance a team that has clear potential to both play better football and achieve better results. I wish Woods well and am grateful for what he achieved with and for us but no player is ever bigger than the Club.

MoT

t_bird7982
21-08-2017, 12:43 AM

His name could be McGillicuddy for all I care as he's no longer Leeds ;D

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
21-08-2017, 12:44 AM
He doesn't matter anymore, our current players staff board and fans matter, WE ARE LEEDS!!!!!

UbiqueLUFC33
21-08-2017, 07:34 AM

I know. I was obviously overcome with emotion or maybe that the first use was possessive thereby correctly having an 's' so, having used that, I evidently carried on with incorrect usage for the remainder? Naturally, I feel frustrated and annoyed with myself and will go forthwith to check my academic certificates to ensure that I am suitably qualified to continue posting in this forum (or, if I also used the other board as well then maybe fora? no wait, the correct plural of forum is, in fact, forums; but I'm sure you knew that).

Thank you so very much for clarify the situation and for correcting my inexcusable error.

BelfastAndy
21-08-2017, 08:29 AM
I know. I was obviously overcome with emotion or maybe that the first use was possessive thereby correctly having an 's' so, having used that, I evidently carried on with incorrect usage for the remainder? Naturally, I feel frustrated and annoyed with myself and will go forthwith to check my academic certificates to ensure that I am suitably qualified to continue posting in this forum (or, if I also used the other board as well then maybe fora? no wait, the correct plural of forum is, in fact, forums; but I'm sure you knew that).

Thank you so very much for clarify the situation and for correcting my inexcusable error.

Lol........and you edited your (above) post too due to an error! 🤣

UbiqueLUFC33
21-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Lol........and you edited your (above) post too due to an error! ��

To be fair, that was only for a comma but enjoy your pedantry while you may. ;D

Blackspaven
21-08-2017, 09:14 AM

Didn't she die in a bizarre lift based accident?! Bit Spinal Tap. Yes, it was pat who fell for her in a big way. She had an executive box at Elland road and full on facebook page. Cuckoo!! XD

For those who actually met pat, bless him, you'll never forget his electric self heating bodywarmer. Also looked a bit like a ginger Eduard Delacroix out of the Green Mile! :D

Forgot about skippy, the king of stats and how it should be played. :)

Rev72
21-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Deal done looks like Bridcutt next one out.

thestiffler
21-08-2017, 04:04 PM
I'm very dissapointed nobody is remembering me with endearing fondness on this thread. Anyway, players come and go always have always will, I doubt v much Wood will ever score anything near thirty in a season ever again, he'll do the same as Rhodes move a couple of times for over inflated fees earn some big wages and end up back in the championship. Strikers at twenty five years of age stepping up to the prem very rarely succeed, eigh**** months ago most of us would have driven him anywhere for a couple of million he can and will be replaced. At that sort of money I wish we had two of him to sell

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
21-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Bridcutt forest and doukara rangers

whitestomper45
21-08-2017, 04:24 PM
I'm very dissapointed nobody is remembering me with endearing fondness on this thread. Anyway, players come and go always have always will, I doubt v much Wood will ever score anything near thirty in a season ever again, he'll do the same as Rhodes move a couple of times for over inflated fees earn some big wages and end up back in the championship. Strikers at twenty five years of age stepping up to the prem very rarely succeed, eigh**** months ago most of us would have driven him anywhere for a couple of million he can and will be replaced. At that sort of money I wish we had two of him to sell

Welcome back Stiff and all......post when we're winning you only post when....;D OK will get my coat

thestiffler
21-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Welcome back Stiff and all......post when we're winning you only post when....;D OK will get my coat

:P howdo pal, hearing a 6mil bid for Gestede has been rebuffed from Boro today, was one of Orta's when he was there so probably genuine interest, also a bid gone in for a youngster from Holland Jay Roy Grot u19 international

Rev72
21-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Good to see another old f@rt making an appearance on here stiff :)

Its getting like an old folks home on ere :O

españablanco73
21-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Where u been hiding Stiff?